Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,111 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (954) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5750214 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (951) (952) (953) (954) (955) (956) (957) ... (3478) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by CarlJenkinson: 9:17am On Sep 03, 2018
Makeshift indomie and eggs (scrambled plus boiled)
I'm not a fan of two boiled eggs grin

11 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 9:30am On Sep 03, 2018
loveymom:

Will try this ofeakwu one day, not Really a fan of it.
Look yummy cool cool
What ?? shocked
Not a fan...?? shocked embarassed
Loveymom you have to try it o....and once you've tried it, you'll be hooked for life I swear
Ofe akwu even comes first for me before tomato stew...

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by odeguaomon(f): 9:44am On Sep 03, 2018
Sunday rice

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Graciouscharis: 9:54am On Sep 03, 2018
[quote author=breadplanets post=70813917]ncha is what the potash and other orishirishi sauce you use for mixing your abacha is called na. There's no ingredient called ncha per say

Double post.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Graciouscharis: 9:55am On Sep 03, 2018
breadplanets:
ncha is what the potash and other orishirishi sauce you use for mixing your abacha is called na. There's no ingredient called ncha per say

There’s an ingredient called ncha.
Ncha is mainly used by Achi and Inyi people of Oji river LGA of Enugu state to prepare Abacha. It gives it a distinct taste. If you are using ncha, you just add a little potash and it’s better tolerated than potash. That’s why they call it abacha ncha there.
Ncha is like nngu. I hope I got the spelling right. It is mainly prepared by elderly women by burning some parts of palm fruit and adding some herbs to it.

If you are wondering what nngu is, it is used in place of potash. You can ask them at onyigbo market.
I just dey pass. Thanks for reading.

Cc breadplanets FloraEC Mariangeles cutiereborn

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:55am On Sep 03, 2018
Colourich:
That's far. I'm in the East.
Alright cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 03, 2018
Colourich:
Rice, stew and pork meat tongue.
Answer: Catfish soup and Rice tongue
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by breadplanets(f): 10:58am On Sep 03, 2018
Graciouscharis:

Ncha is mainly used by Achi and Inyi people of Oji river LGA of Enugu state to prepare Abacha. It gives it a distinct taste. If you are using ncha, you just add a little potash and it’s better tolerated than potash. That’s why they call it abacha ncha there.
Ncha is like nngu. I hope I got the spelling right. It is mainly prepared by elderly women by burning some parts of palm fruit and adding some herbs to it.

If you are wondering what nngu is, it is used in place of potash. You can ask them at onyigbo market.

Yes I know what nngu or ngo is. we use unripe plantain to make ours. Ours is a clear liquid and I prefer using it to potash. We have the palm fronds ngo too. Now in my place too we call a mixture of palm oil, pepper, potash/ngo etc ncha. Funny enough we also call that mixture ngo. So that's igbo language for you same thing with little difference in meaning

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mumquique: 11:16am On Sep 03, 2018
My yesterday Lunch so delicious ��

24 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 11:51am On Sep 03, 2018
breadplanets:
Yes I know what nngu or ngo is. we use unripe plantain to make ours. Ours is a clear liquid and I prefer using it to potash. We have the palm fronds ngo too. Now in my place too we call a mixture of palm oil, pepper, potash/ngo etc ncha. Funny enough we also call that mixture ngo. So that's igbo language for you same thing with little difference in meaning
Same with ours too!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 11:52am On Sep 03, 2018
odeguaomon:
Sunday rice
I love love love the look of that rice kiss

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by jazzyjazz: 12:26pm On Sep 03, 2018
Please my abuja peeps, where can I get sumptuous abacha in gwarimpa?
I have missed that delicacy so much
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mzleemah(f): 1:24pm On Sep 03, 2018
Cutiereborn here i come......

11 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 1:41pm On Sep 03, 2018
jazzyjazz:
Please my abuja peeps, where can I get sumptuous abacha in gwarimpa?
I have missed that delicacy so much
You can order for it through jumia food app...Abacha is not what you buy from just anywhere because of hygiene
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by jazzyjazz: 1:48pm On Sep 03, 2018
Mariangeles:
You can order for it through jumia food app...Abacha is not what you buy from just anywhere because of hygiene

oh great. Thank you

Its because of hygiene that I don't buy at all cos I actually see them pass by the road side.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by DIYlady01: 4:18pm On Sep 03, 2018
Omad# Salad.

17 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cutiereborn(f): 5:14pm On Sep 03, 2018
Ejika48:
abeg pass me small. Just small biko. It look sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo enticing
Help yourself cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cutiereborn(f): 5:14pm On Sep 03, 2018
Yuneehk:

I've been swallowing saliva watching all the meals you posted cry
Pele tongue
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cutiereborn(f): 5:15pm On Sep 03, 2018
loveymom:

Ebeano nwanne taba ife grin grin grin
Nwannem, no time like the present grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cutiereborn(f): 5:16pm On Sep 03, 2018
loveymom:

Erichakwala ego hubby ooo angry angry grin grin
I will try, but o Muna Ya na eria o! (my written Igbo is terrible lipsrsealed)
Translates to- we are both eating the money tongue
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cutiereborn(f): 5:18pm On Sep 03, 2018
Graciouscharis:

Thank you! It's like you are from my place o!
Achi tongue
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cutiereborn(f): 5:18pm On Sep 03, 2018
Mzleemah:
Cutiereborn here i come......
I see you kiss

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Bomgirl(f): 5:24pm On Sep 03, 2018
Green smoothie.
Tastes great and is very nutritious. cool cool
Lettuce, watermelon, pineapple, apple and cucumber. You should try it. First thing in the morning , your body will thank you. wink wink

13 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 5:30pm On Sep 03, 2018
My African store lady came back from Africa two days ago. I call her “aunty african store” grin
She’s so kind to me.

Not pictured are the Shaki, goat meat and oxtail I also got from her.

And everything together was less than $300. I’m one very happy lady now.

Where are those people tormenting me with yam. I’m about to pepper you tongue

19 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by CarlJenkinson: 5:31pm On Sep 03, 2018
Abeg, I don't have any strength to cook.
NOT that I'm fat o grin

Frizzelle nuts with egg fillings and fully creamy milk.

Phew embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 5:31pm On Sep 03, 2018
odeguaomon:
Sunday rice

That rice looks kiss
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by chaarly(m): 5:38pm On Sep 03, 2018
DIYlady01:

This looks like Kubwa camp :')
yeppp

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by chaarly(m): 5:39pm On Sep 03, 2018
DIYlady01:

This looks like Kubwa camp :')
yeppp
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 5:45pm On Sep 03, 2018
CarlJenkinson:
Abeg, I don't have any strength to cook.
NOT that I'm fat o grin

Frizzelle nuts with egg fillings and fully creamy milk.

Phew embarassed
Na ogi and chinchin I dey see o... undecided

8 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by CarlJenkinson: 5:48pm On Sep 03, 2018
Mariangeles:
Na ogi and chinchin I dey see o... undecided
look well grin

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 5:50pm On Sep 03, 2018
CarlJenkinson:
look well grin
I even use magnifying glass look am bro...still ogi and chinchin grin
...and those chinchin look like minimee chinchin sef

8 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by CarlJenkinson: 5:52pm On Sep 03, 2018
Mariangeles:
I even use magnifying glass look am bro...still ogi and chinchin grin
grin

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (951) (952) (953) (954) (955) (956) (957) ... (3478) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.