Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,830 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Lets Rebuid The House Of God In Northern Nigeria - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lets Rebuid The House Of God In Northern Nigeria (2860 Views)

We Are Ready To Take Over From Oritsejafor – Northern CAN Replies Group / 5-6 Churches On A Building. Religious House Of Commotion It Is! / The Fifth Kingdom(of God) In The Bible Prophecy Of The Book "DANIEL 2" Is Islam! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lets Rebuid The House Of God In Northern Nigeria by christemmbassey(m): 1:08pm On Dec 05, 2012
I have been waiting and praying for a while since the advent of the devilish activities of the satanic boko haram, expecting to see our big MOG, thier big churches, PFN, CAN' or even rich individual christians, preach, encourage and actually organize a kind of programme where christians especially in the south will be opportuned to contribute something to sucour our northern brethren. Now it appears if we wait for the mog or churches our brethren will never be relieved. FOR ALL SEEKETH THIER OWN, NONE SEEKETH CHRIST'S. It is very painful to see some lost thier lives, parents, children, pastors, churches, properties etc while some are flying aimlessly arround with their privaje jets, (what's wrong with that' nothing), cruising arround whith customized jeeps/exorted cars on convoy, live in mansions, with thier retinue of PAs,etc for the same gospel, pls consider Mat. 7:22-23 and Mat.25:31-46. THIS IS FOR (GENUINE)? Christians, I want us to discus how we can set up a relief fund where we cand all send N1,000 each to rebuild church and lives in northern Nigeria. Pls read Nehemiah 1:1-4, nehemiah 2:1-20. DO SOMETHING-THE HOUSE OF GOD MUST BE REBUILD. U R BLESSED

2 Likes

Re: Lets Rebuid The House Of God In Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 2:19pm On Dec 05, 2012
Nice vision, suicidal mission. ƑP please

1 Like

Re: Lets Rebuid The House Of God In Northern Nigeria by christemmbassey(m): 4:19pm On Dec 05, 2012
Paxchal: Nice vision, suicidal mission. ƑP please
Suicidal? Helping others is suicidal in Nigeria? Pls explain. God bless.
Re: Lets Rebuid The House Of God In Northern Nigeria by ichuka(m): 4:34pm On Dec 05, 2012
christemmbassey: I have been waiting and praying for a while since the advent of the devilish activities of the satanic boko haram, expecting to see our big MOG, thier big churches, PFN, CAN' or even rich individual christians, preach, encourage and actually organize a kind of programme where christians especially in the south will be opportuned to contribute something to sucour our northern brethren. Now it appears if we wait for the mog or churches our brethren will never be relieved. FOR ALL SEEKETH THIER OWN, NONE SEEKETH CHRIST'S. It is very painful to see some lost thier lives, parents, children, pastors, churches, properties etc while some are flying aimlessly arround with their privaje jets, (what's wrong with that' nothing), cruising arround whith customized jeeps/exorted cars on convoy, live in mansions, with thier retinue of PAs,etc for the same gospel, pls consider Mat. 7:22-23 and Mat.25:31-46. THIS IS FOR (GENUINE)? Christians, I want us to discus how we can set up a relief fund where we cand all send N1,000 each to rebuild church and lives in northern Nigeria. Pls read Nehemiah 1:1-4, nehemiah 2:1-20. DO SOMETHING-THE HOUSE OF GOD MUST BE REBUILD. U R BLESSED
On which foundation will the northern churches be rebuilt?when spiritually the dragon called BH has not being bound with chains?
Our role is to bind the dragon with chains corparately.
Re: Lets Rebuid The House Of God In Northern Nigeria by christemmbassey(m): 4:41pm On Dec 05, 2012
i.chuka:

On which foundation will the northern churches be rebuilt?when spiritually the dragon called BH has not being bound with chains?
Our role is to command the dragon to be bind.
What about orphans, widows etc. Pls lets discus how we can help fellow members of the body of Christ. Remain blessed.

1 Like

Re: Lets Rebuid The House Of God In Northern Nigeria by AtheistD(m): 4:53pm On Dec 05, 2012
Who will manage this fund? How will this fund be distributed and what guarantees are there that there will be accountability for its expenditure etc.
Re: Lets Rebuid The House Of God In Northern Nigeria by christemmbassey(m): 5:00pm On Dec 05, 2012
Atheist:-D:
Who will manage this fund? How will this fund be distributed and what guarantees are there that there will be accountability for its expenditure etc.
We have people like bishop Kukah you can also sugest others. God bless.
Re: Lets Rebuid The House Of God In Northern Nigeria by ichuka(m): 5:02pm On Dec 05, 2012
christemmbassey: What about orphans, widows etc. Pls lets discus how we can help fellow members of the body of Christ. Remain blessed.
Bro,the only help we can render right now is corporate prayers.
What they need most is peace and not financial assistance.
Its when a community is at peace that one start rebuilding.
Re: Lets Rebuid The House Of God In Northern Nigeria by ichuka(m): 5:11pm On Dec 05, 2012
Prophetic prayers had to be carried out in some strategic areas in the north.
Re: Lets Rebuid The House Of God In Northern Nigeria by christemmbassey(m): 5:19pm On Dec 05, 2012
i.chuka:

Bro,the only help we can render right now is corporate prayers.
What they need most is peace and not financial assistance.
Its when a community is at peace that one start rebuilding.
Yes we continue to pray but they need material sucour as well, some churches lost up to 12 pastors, whose going to care for the orphans and widows? WE MUST DO SOMETHING brethren. Bless you.
Re: Lets Rebuid The House Of God In Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 5:23pm On Dec 05, 2012
There are NGO's (Internationally acclaimed) already set for this purpose. I know a few who work in the North already. Why not donate to their cause if you must, instead of giving your hard earned 1k to someone who you are not sure of? I am not saying Bishop Kukah does not have crediility.
Re: Lets Rebuid The House Of God In Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 6:33pm On Dec 05, 2012
christemmbassey: Suicidal? Helping others is suicidal in Nigeria? Pls explain. God bless.
No not helping others, you know rebuilding the bombed churches, the chances of them been bombed again God forbid with you inside it is pretty high. That's why i said it's suicidal not impossible or not achievable. Infact don't mind me joor, let's get back to business.

God bless grin
Re: Lets Rebuid The House Of God In Northern Nigeria by christemmbassey(m): 6:44pm On Dec 05, 2012
striktlymi: There are NGO's (Internationally acclaimed) already set for this purpose. I know a few who work in the North already. Why not donate to their cause if you must, instead of giving your hard earned 1k to someone who you are not sure of? I am not saying Bishop Kukah does not have crediility.
Its a pitty that christians can't trust any church leader in nigeria but some NGO whose leader(s) may not even know God, bro we can do it. God bless.
Re: Lets Rebuid The House Of God In Northern Nigeria by christemmbassey(m): 6:48pm On Dec 05, 2012
Paxchal:
No not helping others, you know rebuilding the bombed churches, the chances of them been bombed again God forbid with you inside it is pretty high. That's why i said it's suicidal not impossible or not achievable. Infact don't mind me joor, let's get back to business.

God bless grin
WITHOUT FAITH NO ONE CAN PLZ GOD
Re: Lets Rebuid The House Of God In Northern Nigeria by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:10pm On Dec 05, 2012
Why rebuild.. Christians are destined for violent persecution - there is no escape. Boko-Haram and Islamists in Egypt are simply fulfilling God's prophecies so why try to fight it.. there is no hope. the end times are here (FINALLY)

(John 15:18-20) "If the world hates you, you know that it has hated Me before it hated you... If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you... "

(Matthew 24:9) "Then they will deliver you to tribulation, and will kill you, and you will be hated by all nations on account of My name."
Re: Lets Rebuid The House Of God In Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 7:31pm On Dec 05, 2012
christemmbassey: Its a pitty that christians can't trust any church leader in nigeria but some NGO whose leader(s) may not even know God, bro we can do it. God bless.

I don't think helping someone in need has anything to do with one's religious inclination. If someone is doing a good thing, especially when it has to do with community service, then I think the person should be encouraged. Anyways, the NGO is backed by an International Chrian denomination.
Re: Lets Rebuid The House Of God In Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 7:34pm On Dec 05, 2012
Is there nything wrong if someone wants to help another?

quote author=lagerwhenindoubt]Why rebuild.. Christians are destined for violent persecution - there is no escape. Boko-Haram and Islamists in Egypt are simply fulfilling God's prophecies so why try to fight it.. there is no hope. the end times are here (FINALLY)

[/quote]
Re: Lets Rebuid The House Of God In Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 05, 2012
christemmbassey: WITHOUT FAITH NO ONE CAN PLZ GOD

And without good works one's faith is as good as dead.

2 Likes

Re: Lets Rebuid The House Of God In Northern Nigeria by christemmbassey(m): 12:36pm On Dec 06, 2012
Then shal he say also unto them on the lefthand, depart from me ye cursed into everlasting fire prepared for devil and his angels, for I was hungry and ye pave me no meat , i was tasty ye gave me no drink,..... Romans:25:31-46
Re: Lets Rebuid The House Of God In Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 1:10pm On Dec 06, 2012
I hope you did not intend to use sacred scriptures to threaten anyone here. Have u finished helping the poor in ur community, let alone extending same to the poor in the North?

Guy like I said, if you want to do something about those in the North, u are free but don't allow ur piety to affect those around u such that u would need to "threaten" someone. Yes, I call the quote a "threat".

Must someone help those in need through your method? Smeone can still help those in need without necessarily following your suggestions. If u think u have a speccial calling to help those in the north, why not go there and help them?

I am sure u would get aid when people see how genuine u are. If u don't want to make use of the alreadyy established NGO's then u are free to go there. If u are particular about it being Christian then go to the website of This NGO : Christian aid, and see how u can help.

christemmbassey: Then shal he say also unto them on the lefthand, depart from me ye cursed into everlasting fire prepared for devil and his angels, for I was hungry and ye pave me no meat , i was tasty ye gave me no drink,..... Romans:25:31-46
Re: Lets Rebuid The House Of God In Northern Nigeria by christemmbassey(m): 1:44pm On Dec 06, 2012
striktlymi: I hope you did not intend to use sacred scriptures to threaten anyone here. Have u finished helping the poor in ur community, let alone extending same to the poor in the North?

Guy like I said, if you want to do something about those in the North, u are free but don't allow ur piety to affect those around u such that u would need to "threaten" someone. Yes, I call the quote a "threat".

Must someone help those in need through your method? Smeone can still help those in need without necessarily following your suggestions. If u think u have a speccial calling to help those in the north, why not go there and help them?

I am sure u would get aid when people see how genuine u are. If u don't want to make use of the alreadyy established NGO's then u are free to go there. If u are particular about it being Christian then go to the website of This NGO : Christian aid, and see how u can help.

My bro this post was not meant to generate insults or threat , I thought i could sugest that christians in nigeria can at least for once come together and gather assistance for fellow believers, and i wanted opinions from others ön how best we could do this, if u thhnk otherwise its nothing to get worked-up. Now the fact that we have not listen to or read sound scriptures for a very long time dosn't make quoting them threats, in christianity there are things that are important, but there other things that are most important and Mat 7:22 also Mat 25:31-46 are some of them. Remain blessed.
Re: Lets Rebuid The House Of God In Northern Nigeria by tpia1: 4:49pm On Dec 06, 2012
sometimes its ok to shift base elsewhere.

God is not limited to only one place.

America was founded by people who were fleeing religious persecution, among other things.
Re: Lets Rebuid The House Of God In Northern Nigeria by seyibrown(f): 8:35pm On Dec 06, 2012
If the OP has a 'calling' to reach out to the lost and the oppressed in the North, God has already made provision for all you will need, manpower and finance-wise, and it will happen, BH or no BH. I worry about our Northern brothers too from time to time ... especially what a nation split will do those people under a fully Sharialised new nation.
Re: Lets Rebuid The House Of God In Northern Nigeria by Sweetnecta: 9:35pm On Dec 06, 2012
so seyi is hoping for 9ja to break into pieces?

please remain in england.

we do no need you doomsday hope for nigeria.
9ja was one before me. the war didn't break it.

i doubt if a little scuffle will now break it.

i want 9ja as one for all my descendants till the end of time.
Re: Lets Rebuid The House Of God In Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 11:18pm On Dec 06, 2012
Sweetnecta: so seyi is hoping for 9ja to break into pieces?

please remain in england.

we do no need you doomsday hope for nigeria.
9ja was one before me. the war didn't break it.

i doubt if a little scuffle will now break it.

i want 9ja as one for all my descendants till the end of time.

I don't think you this is Seyi's position. There is a difference between thinking of the worse case scenario and wanting it to happen.
Re: Lets Rebuid The House Of God In Northern Nigeria by christemmbassey(m): 9:48am On Dec 07, 2012
seyibrown: If the OP has a 'calling' to reach out to the lost and the oppressed in the North, God has already made provision for all you will need, manpower and finance-wise, and it will happen, BH or no BH. I worry about our Northern brothers too from time to time ... especially what a nation split will do those people under a fully Sharialised new nation.
Human wisdom is the bane of christianity in nigeria, where did we get this calling stuff from? From d bible? We were all called to preach the gospel of Christ, but some stomach inspired preachers sneek in with the concept of "my calling", aparently to make merchandise of gulilible christians, I don't have any calling to do anything in any particular part of nigeria or the world, our calling as christians is to preach the gospel of (emphasis) CHRIST to all nations Mat 28:19. This post was a kind of sugestiön that it will be nice if christians in nigeria as a body can help our brethren in the north that was why i actually asked for opinions from fellow Nlders on how best we could do it, but it, appears that the selfishness that is so enthrenched in the nigerian polity has taken over the church in nigeria, Love , compation and empathy is dead in the church. WHAT A CALAMITY. If i had posted that God has told me to send special hankerchief to you so that you'll become or marry the president of US, take over Dangote coy or Bill Gates' microsoft you will rush to my church to sow seed, quit blaming our MOG, THE PEOPLE DESERVE THE LEADERS THEY GET. Remain bless.
Re: Lets Rebuid The House Of God In Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 07, 2012
@OP...stop generalising issues here wat seyi meant was specific calling or are u trying to tell us dat evry one is called into the five-fold ministry?
Re: Lets Rebuid The House Of God In Northern Nigeria by christemmbassey(m): 10:53am On Dec 07, 2012
Bidam: @OP...stop generalising issues here wat seyi meant was specific calling or are u trying to tell us dat evry one is called into the five-fold ministry?
ALL THE FIVETFOLD MINISTRY is for the same purpose "perfecting and edifying of the saints for the work (preaching the gospel) of the ministry" Eph4:12, there is northing like, 'my calling' or 'your calling, we are all call to do the same thing for the same salary (heaven) Mat 20:1-10. Whether you are a pastor, evangelist, prophet, apostle or teachers, its the same work. God bless.'
Re: Lets Rebuid The House Of God In Northern Nigeria by seyibrown(f): 1:52pm On Dec 07, 2012
christemmbassey: Human wisdom is the bane of christianity in nigeria, where did we get this calling stuff from? From d bible? We were all called to preach the gospel of Christ, but some stomach inspired preachers sneek in with the concept of "my calling", aparently to make merchandise of gulilible christians, I don't have any calling to do anything in any particular part of nigeria or the world, our calling as christians is to preach the gospel of (emphasis) CHRIST to all nations Mat 28:19. This post was a kind of sugestiön that it will be nice if christians in nigeria as a body can help our brethren in the north that was why i actually asked for opinions from fellow Nlders on how best we could do it, but it, appears that the selfishness that is so enthrenched in the nigerian polity has taken over the church in nigeria, Love , compation and empathy is dead in the church. WHAT A CALAMITY. If i had posted that God has told me to send special hankerchief to you so that you'll become or marry the president of US, take over Dangote coy or Bill Gates' microsoft you will rush to my church to sow seed, quit blaming our MOG, THE PEOPLE DESERVE THE LEADERS THEY GET. Remain bless.

Preaching the gospel does not feed the hungry northern child neither it does not heal up the wounds of the northern VVF victim; Providing food, shelter and education along with the gospel is killing all the birds with one stone. What I was saying was if God has put it in your heart to organise and get something done for thses people - it is a 'calling' - he will connect you with those whose hearts he has touched to support this cause. If it is not God's cause, it will not stand! Xtians don't get anywhere doing things of their own might and power ... it has to be backed by God! Who put the thought in your heart to try to organise something for this people? We all have different callings ... some poeple are called to affect other people's lives by merely being a dedicated employee who the light of God shines through. Some people are called to smile at everyone ..... you never know when that smile will help someone contemplating suicide to have a rethink ... We are all called to do different things; we are different parts but all of the same body. You have a heart for the Northerners .... somebody has a heart to reach unbelievers in Iran, Saudi arabia or North Korea ...! Not everyone will support your cause, especially if they are called to yearn, long and work towards change in other matters. Someone who is spending all their money bringing women and children out of s:/e;x trafficking or supporting an orphanage may not be inclined to support your 'northern' cause. I hope you understand my points ... and I was merely giving giving you encouragement in the earlier post that whatever God has put in your heart to do (it is a calling), he has already made provision for it! Gideon didn't need all of his army except the 300 God chose to win the battle (Judges 6 - 7)! Not everyone will contribute ... if God didn't 'call' them to join you! You may get just one backer to finance all you need for this project!

1 Like

Re: Lets Rebuid The House Of God In Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 07, 2012
christemmbassey: ALL THE FIVETFOLD MINISTRY is for the same purpose "perfecting and edifying of the saints for the work (preaching the gospel) of the ministry" Eph4:12, there is northing like, 'my calling' or 'your calling, we are all call to do the same thing for the same salary (heaven) Mat 20:1-10. Whether you are a pastor, evangelist, prophet, apostle or teachers, its the same work. God bless.'
Try to understand my point bro... We know dat all of believers are called to do the work of the ministry in our various fields..pastors,evangelist,prophets,teachers,apostles are meant to equip the saints..but just lyk seyi rightly pointed out if u have a burden for souls in the north why not take a bold step..talk to ur pastor about d vision u have and pray about it den God will make it clearer and d provision will come for the work at hand..dats wat i mean by specifics..not that its in d bible ok..partner with other pple who share ur vision and u will see God stepping in..remain blessed.
Re: Lets Rebuid The House Of God In Northern Nigeria by christemmbassey(m): 4:10pm On Dec 07, 2012
@Bidam and Seyi, tnx for ur encouragment, but my understanding was that, you guys were trying to play the nija xtian 'very selfish', to be sincere i never saw it as a calling or personal burden (which many always hide to exploit), but i saw it as opportunity for xtians to show unity and love to fellow brethren @ least for once in nigeria. I expected u to say, great! But who will cordinate the process? And i even sugested bishop Kukah as one of the persons we can trust. I never envisaged plate carrying from one rich man to the other. We should not wait for burden or God's call b4 we help ppl who just wake up to see themselves in hell just because they are xtians in northern nigeria. Giving 1k or N500 will not interfer with our individual so called burden or calling. Remain blessed.
Re: Lets Rebuid The House Of God In Northern Nigeria by seyibrown(f): 11:54pm On Dec 09, 2012
One of the problems in the Church today is that people are pressured to give, forced to give, conned to give and some just give because others are giving and they do not want to be left out. Giving should come from the heart, from compassion ... and one gives from what one has. I don't agree that Naija Xtians are selfish ... they are the most milked Xtians in the world. One person cannot give to every cause and is why I am of certain that if God has a hand in it, it will not fail. The contributions you want will come. If on the other hand it is a secular 'burden', I am sure it can be taken care of the secular way!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) / Pay Tithe Or Get Shot- Creflo Dollar, & Other Tithe Scams Of Our Times. / Atheist Terrorist? Atheist Murders 3 Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.