Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,552 members, 7,837,116 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Ladies: A Romantic Man, Or A Responsible Man? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies: A Romantic Man, Or A Responsible Man? (19450 Views)

8 Things Ladies Need To Fix Before A Responsible Man Can Marry Them / She Wants To Know How To Attract And Keep A Responsible Man? / Have You Ever Turned Down A Lady Who Has Expressed A Romantic Interest In You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies: A Romantic Man, Or A Responsible Man? by foliks(f): 6:44am On Dec 06, 2012
Maybe i shud start by askin if guys wud prefer a woman who is romantic nd no where nd wen to touch u 2 a woman who is only gud wth house chores...in a relationship,romance is very important.if i nid jst a responsible man,i'll jst stay in ma father's house nd if i nid sumone to do d house chores wth,i'll get a housemaid. U shudnt expct a woman to stay in a house for d rest of her life with her husband jst doin house chores nd nutin romantic nd expct d relationship to work,it will surely fail because d man will be d first to look out 4 sumtin new,am very sure....and i dnt tink d romantic man who kals her a dozen times perday,takes her out nd brings flowers can stil av time 4 d so called strings of oda girls wen he's nt workin wth MTN or AIRTEL so i saythere is evry possibility d romantic man will stil be responsible pls
Re: Ladies: A Romantic Man, Or A Responsible Man? by Ehijess(f): 6:44am On Dec 06, 2012
I dnt like to be cald many times a day. Flower and all dos unneccessary actions not my style. Be a man and take up ur responsibilities

1 Like

Re: Ladies: A Romantic Man, Or A Responsible Man? by Goldieluks: 6:58am On Dec 06, 2012
A responsible man without a trace of romance/romantic attitude is a no go area. I believe every woman desires a romantic man at a point in time. And if the so-called responsible man is not able to provide her with it, she tends to seek it else where. Call me bluff, but I know what am talking about. Therefore, it is always preferable for a man to balance the equation of being romantic and responsible at the same time.

Am not saying a man should be overly romantic, but if he finds himself to be an overly romantic individual, he shouldn't restrict himself from pouring it out/ showering his partner with it .Or is it a crime??

1 Like

Re: Ladies: A Romantic Man, Or A Responsible Man? by Nobody: 7:02am On Dec 06, 2012
carefreewannabe:

I am not a very romantic type so I don't expect it from a man neither.

GEtting flowers EVERY NOW AND THEN is a nice move and can make a woman's day happy but it is not that important.

I think most women prefer a responsible guy to a romantic one but even I, a woman who is not that romantic, likes some flowers SOMETIMES.
I hate being called 10 times a day and receiving 5 txt messages every few hours. Everything in moderation, please wink

either.
Re: Ladies: A Romantic Man, Or A Responsible Man? by Nobody: 7:03am On Dec 06, 2012
Goldieluks: A responsible man without a trace of romance/romantic attitude is a no go area. I believe every woman desires a romantic man at a point in time. And if the so-called responsible man is not able to provide her with it, she tends to seek it else where. Call me bluff, but I know what am talking about. Therefore, it is always preferable for a man to balance the equation of being romantic and responsible at the same time.

Am not saying a man should be overly romantic, but if he finds himself to be an overly romantic individual, he shouldn't restrict himself from pouring it out/ showering his partner with it .Or is it a crime??

and u will be...receiving huh?
Re: Ladies: A Romantic Man, Or A Responsible Man? by Nobody: 7:05am On Dec 06, 2012
Ehijess: I dnt like to be cald many times a day. Flower and all dos unneccessary actions not my style. Be a man and take up ur responsibilities

Ur first responsibility is to give birth to that man...have u done that? Then marry him!
Re: Ladies: A Romantic Man, Or A Responsible Man? by Nobody: 7:07am On Dec 06, 2012
foliks: Maybe i shud start by askin if guys wud prefer a woman who is romantic nd no where nd wen to touch u 2 a woman who is only gud wth house chores...in a relationship,romance is very important.if i nid jst a responsible man,i'll jst stay in ma father's house nd if i nid sumone to do d house chores wth,i'll get a housemaid. U shudnt expct a woman to stay in a house for d rest of her life with her husband jst doin house chores nd nutin romantic nd expct d relationship to work,it will surely fail because d man will be d first to look out 4 sumtin new,am very sure....and i dnt tink d romantic man who kals her a dozen times perday,takes her out nd brings flowers can stil av time 4 d so called strings of oda girls wen he's nt workin wth MTN or AIRTEL so i saythere is evry possibility d romantic man will stil be responsible pls

Some fathers can be romantic...u did not try it.
Re: Ladies: A Romantic Man, Or A Responsible Man? by Goldieluks: 7:12am On Dec 06, 2012
ferdimako:

and u will be...receiving huh?

No, i'd give back my all.
Re: Ladies: A Romantic Man, Or A Responsible Man? by Adaeze003(f): 7:28am On Dec 06, 2012
I think girls that are romantic can handle the not-so-romantic guys. But what about girls that aint so romantic? Using myself as an example, I believe I'm 80% Responsible and to have a guy who is all about the responsibility as a husband will just be disastrous. As we'll just be walking around the house like robots.lol!
And uhm being romantic means showing affection n its not just about opening the door and buying flowers.

To all the dudes in the house: if you aint romantic, you should learn how to be or at least make the effort to be. If not your girl might just start thinking of how romantic her ex was and b4 you know it, she's calling him and that's NOT a good sign! My one cent.

1 Like

Re: Ladies: A Romantic Man, Or A Responsible Man? by davroca16(m): 7:37am On Dec 06, 2012
luvmijeje: Both
before u can see both, then make sure the goof u hav been taking is working. grin
Re: Ladies: A Romantic Man, Or A Responsible Man? by azzypandes(m): 7:53am On Dec 06, 2012
Am highly responsible and extremely romantic...so its makes me a woman....
Re: Ladies: A Romantic Man, Or A Responsible Man? by UjSizzle(f): 7:53am On Dec 06, 2012
bcomputer101:
So where do u get dos lesson from? Ur husband need councelling on u
Society.
Re: Ladies: A Romantic Man, Or A Responsible Man? by free2ryhme: 8:35am On Dec 06, 2012
luvmijeje: Both

how did you pass your exams anyway.. what part of the post dont you understand?
Re: Ladies: A Romantic Man, Or A Responsible Man? by vitus101: 8:40am On Dec 06, 2012
Pertaining to the issue of women not knwing what they want when it comes to relationship,I fink the prob is from guys. Guys can be very confusing..Today, a guy is caring and all and tomorrow the gurl bcomes 'an object' he doesn't want anything to do with. So don't blame the ladies.

Romance and being responsible are the duties of a man n his wife. In my opinion, I fink ladies prefer a romantic man to a ' responsible' man.

Been there done that..I used to be 'responsible' but e no pay me...being romantic pays attractive dividends
Re: Ladies: A Romantic Man, Or A Responsible Man? by Nobody: 8:48am On Dec 06, 2012
Op,, it depends on ur own definitn f romantic, being romantic doesnt make a persn irresponsibl or woteva...bsides,it's even a romantic man dat does things 2geda wit her wife lyk stay in d kitchen wit her yl she cuks etc...no gal wil lyk a man who doesnt rem her birthdy, buy her things, take her out or giv her a special treat on val's dy or any oda special dy....
As 4 me, i ll go 4 a ROMANTIC man, anydy, anytym, anywher.....
@op, if u aint romantic, beta learn cos it enhances marriage/rltnsp
Re: Ladies: A Romantic Man, Or A Responsible Man? by Adaeze003(f): 8:49am On Dec 06, 2012
free2ryhme:

how did you pass your exams anyway.. what part of the post dont you understand?

have you not heard of option c) all of the above? smiley
Re: Ladies: A Romantic Man, Or A Responsible Man? by Idowuogbo(f): 8:50am On Dec 06, 2012
Adaeze003:

have you not heard of option c) all of the above? smiley
Hahahaha!!! Good 1 Ada!
Re: Ladies: A Romantic Man, Or A Responsible Man? by Nobody: 8:51am On Dec 06, 2012
foliks: Maybe i shud start by askin if guys wud prefer a woman who is romantic nd no where nd wen to touch u 2 a woman who is only gud wth house chores...in a relationship,romance is very important.if i nid jst a responsible man,i'll jst stay in ma father's house nd if i nid sumone to do d house chores wth,i'll get a housemaid. U shudnt expct a woman to stay in a house for d rest of her life with her husband jst doin house chores nd nutin romantic nd expct d relationship to work,it will surely fail because d man will be d first to look out 4 sumtin new,am very sure....and i dnt tink d romantic man who kals her a dozen times perday,takes her out nd brings flowers can stil av time 4 d so called strings of oda girls wen he's nt workin wth MTN or AIRTEL so i saythere is evry possibility d romantic man will stil be responsible pls
Tel dem oo, a rltnsp witout romanc is a failure
Re: Ladies: A Romantic Man, Or A Responsible Man? by superllyd: 8:52am On Dec 06, 2012
Responsible man is better, cos he will know that the woman need to be romance
Re: Ladies: A Romantic Man, Or A Responsible Man? by Nobody: 9:03am On Dec 06, 2012
xynerise: @op. Are u saying responsible men are not romantic?
na im i just dey wonder o.
@op. I like a romantic responsible guy. Don't you believe they're are guys with both features?? Infact won ya pa!
Re: Ladies: A Romantic Man, Or A Responsible Man? by adesbreath: 9:25am On Dec 06, 2012
Both!!most responsible men will still not change diapers, we should just make the best of what we have and pray.
Re: Ladies: A Romantic Man, Or A Responsible Man? by eliznkiru: 10:06am On Dec 06, 2012
responsibly guy that will not after another woman cos those romatice one can not be satify wit u
Re: Ladies: A Romantic Man, Or A Responsible Man? by kalufelix(m): 10:22am On Dec 06, 2012
marry mr. Responsible and cheat wit mr. Romantic
GBAM!
Re: Ladies: A Romantic Man, Or A Responsible Man? by Gguy4real: 10:47am On Dec 06, 2012
Anyway i think woman don't know what they want in a man most of them are sex addict bcoz they hate any man who is try to be responsible and who want to marry them they prefer liers and fake guy than real one
Re: Ladies: A Romantic Man, Or A Responsible Man? by Nobody: 10:59am On Dec 06, 2012
I can go for any of the two because I'm already a romantic person myself.
Re: Ladies: A Romantic Man, Or A Responsible Man? by antichelsea(m): 11:21am On Dec 06, 2012
NO MAN WAS BORN RESPONSIBLE NOR ROMANTIC. WE GAIN THESE ATTRIBUTES VIA ERUDITION. I THINK LEARNING HOW TO BECOME ROMANTIC WOUND'T TAKE LONG COMPARED TO THE OTHER.IT EVEN REQUIRES DIVINE INTERVENTION FOR ONE TO BE RESPONSIBLE. BUT WHO SAYS THEIR RE NO RESPONSIBLE AND ROMANTIC GUYS? THEY ARE OUT THERE, LIKE one in a million guyz.
Re: Ladies: A Romantic Man, Or A Responsible Man? by Tokotaya: 11:26am On Dec 06, 2012
Let me share an experience. The wife of a Pastor was delivering a sermon in a church in FESTAC recently and severely tongue-lashed Nigerian men for not being romantic. The girls screamed in agreement, while the boys grumbled. To prove her point she asked the men to raise their hands if they had bought flowers for their wives at least once since the year began. Only four of about 150 men in the audience raised their hands. She asked again, how many had treated their wives to a candlelit-dinner at least once. Only one man raised his hand and the women cheered him happily and glared at his wife with open envy. The next question: ‘This is the House of God, so please don’t lie. How many of you tell your wife ‘I love you’ first thing in the morning and last thing every night? Silence! The preacher thought that proved her argument convincingly that Nigerian men needed deliverance.
But this woman preacher, like most modern women have imbibed too much of foreign values that they don’t even know what is good for them. What will flowers do for a woman? She collects them in the morning and throws them into the trash can in the evening. What is a candle-lit dinner? These unfortunately are the signs some women look out for to be assured a man loves them. I say they are mistaken. Forget that rubbish about flowers and candle-lit dinner and watch out for signs of responsibility. A man may not buy you flowers, does he provide for you within his means? Does he stay at home with you and the kids when he has spare time? Does he offer to take care of the kids when you are tired? Does he sweep the dirty living room when you are getting dinner ready? Does he remember to send your mother money as often as he sends to his? Does he think nothing of emptying the trash cans occasionally and even cooking sometimes when he gets home before you? These are acts that add value to the life of a woman and ultimately improves the quality of her life.

5 Likes

Re: Ladies: A Romantic Man, Or A Responsible Man? by Navalsadiq(m): 11:42am On Dec 06, 2012
cindyrella: How about a romantic and responsible man? Or is it too much to ask?
its not at all.
Re: Ladies: A Romantic Man, Or A Responsible Man? by AGEZIE: 11:43am On Dec 06, 2012
Abeg responsible!!! smiley
Re: Ladies: A Romantic Man, Or A Responsible Man? by sigmundfreud(m): 11:47am On Dec 06, 2012
A RESPONSIBLE guy....is a ROMANTIC guy.
Shikena.
Re: Ladies: A Romantic Man, Or A Responsible Man? by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 06, 2012
Seriously both...I take romance very serious.
Re: Ladies: A Romantic Man, Or A Responsible Man? by Oahray: 12:02pm On Dec 06, 2012
sigmundfreud: A RESPONSIBLE guy....is a ROMANTIC guy.
Shikena.
Both traits do not always overlap. Depends on how you see 'responsible' and 'romantic' sha.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meet The Woman With The Biggest Bum In Africa (photos) / Memes That Will Make Your Day / Fans React After Discovering Former P0rnstar Is Now A Homeless Drug Addict

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.