Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? (23985 Views)

How Wife Caught Her Husband Cheating (PHOTO) / Tonbra Alamiesiegha's Marriage Crashes, Wife Caught Pants Down In Hotel Room / Pregnant Wife Caught With Another Man In A Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by tipsy289(m): 9:22pm On Apr 26, 2006
Its the guys personal decision,but me i think he shld leave his wife whether she came 4rm ghetto,if u notice,if tables turn,its like very hard to get back with the woman.
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by kimba(m): 2:40am On Apr 27, 2006
@rhodalyn
I wldnt!!!!!!!! i would never 4give her!!!!!, never!!!!!!
what if you were the woman in question, would you want to be forgiven?
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by tutankanem(m): 12:04pm On Apr 27, 2006
Not sure what is meant by forgiveness in the circumstances but I knoiw the first question is why, then we can move on from there. Definitely would want to know what the failings are on my part but that's where it ends. Stuff like that cuts like a knife because women always claim to be the faithfulk ones in a relationship, my 2 cents peace out!! cool
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by O4real(m): 1:55pm On Apr 27, 2006
@rhodalyn
kimba:

@rhodalyn what if you were the woman in question, would you want to be forgiven?
Yes inverting the odds would u like to be 4given? . . nicely put.
@tutankanem
Man if u are not sure then y do u confuse us the more. By the way, r u a Rapster?
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by Zeus2(m): 3:29pm On Apr 27, 2006
well if you`re a guy and your wife catches you in the act (or however), you`re f*@ked,
if you catch you wife with adultaery? that`s the end of her life as she knows it, reason

A guy really do not need much feeling to sleep with a girl, (i.e. he needs no emotion if he`s cheating, it comes naturally.)
But a woman, different case, before a woman cheats with you (unless she`s a slut or prostitute or better still no morals) she needs some form of attachment. that`s what hurts the guy,

thats why it is very very very difficult to forgive a cheating wife (in the guys mind she did it with her soul)
but a wife can forgive because she`ll know it was just sex(probably), undecided
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by Zahymaka(m): 3:48pm On Apr 27, 2006
That's crap. Has it ocurred to you that some wives begin to cheat after they find the man cheats? And the cheating man doesn't take it lying down.

My opinion is that what's good for the goose is good for the gander.
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by spikedcylinder: 4:11pm On Apr 27, 2006
Zahymaka:

My opinion is that what's good for the goose is good for the gander.
Exactly!I cant trust my man after he has cheated so i cant forgive,i expect he should do the same to me.
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by Zahymaka(m): 4:13pm On Apr 27, 2006
spikedcylinder:

Exactly!I can't trust my man after he has cheated so i can't forgive,i expect he should do the same to me.

We seem to always see eye to eye. Thanks.
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by nikitareal(f): 4:15pm On Apr 27, 2006
sure .ur trust wld be traded bt dts y ther is wt they cal love.
although the trust u ve 4 him wld depreciate or maybe even be killed.
bt u can love someone u dnt trust,dnt u ?
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by spikedcylinder: 4:18pm On Apr 27, 2006
nikita,different people have different ways of describing and defining love depending on how it affects them.To me,there can be no love if there's no trust and if i cant love my husband why would i remain married to him?
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by doshbass(m): 4:22pm On Apr 27, 2006
The truth is if you love your wife so much, you will have to forgive her and help her not to cheat on you again, you also have to know what led her to cheating on you. It all depends on the reason why she cheated on you, but if she really wants the relationship to continue, then you have to try to forgive her and do your own part to keeping your wife to yourself
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by Zahymaka(m): 4:24pm On Apr 27, 2006
For me, love is trust.

I don't think I'd comit adultery and expect my wife to "accept" it. I mean, my self-esteem would drop -- I'd begin to see myself as someone who can't keep his trousers zipped up, or is controlled by his "whatever". How I hold myself is very important to me.
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by ijele(m): 4:44pm On Apr 27, 2006
If a man can say this prayer'' Forgive our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass aganist us'' I don't see the reason a Real man cannot forgive in a situation like this. I know it's difficult to forgive in a case of infidelity especially if the culprit is a woman. If I truly love my wife obiviously I will forgive her, but I will find out what prompt her into that action.

Fellas, watch the movie '' Unfaithful'' or watch the documentries on ''Cheaters''.The Movie shows the test of a Real man's  love for his wife Whilst the documentries on Cheaters reveals the insight on what prompt  ladies or wives into Adultery!

It Could be the Man's Fault!
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by spikedcylinder: 5:13pm On Apr 27, 2006
doshbass:

The truth is if you love your wife so much, you will have to forgive her and help her not to cheat on you again, you also have to know what led her to cheating on you. It all depends on the reason why she cheated on you, but if she really wants the relationship to continue, then you have to try to forgive her and do your own part to keeping your wife to yourself

How can you help someone who is practically a nympho not to cheat on you again?Will you keep helping her if she does it again and again and again?
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by ijele(m): 5:25pm On Apr 27, 2006
spikedcylinder:

How can you help someone who is practically a nympho not to cheat on you again?Will you keep helping her if she does it again and again and again?

If she is a nympho, I think it is different case,you should have found out earlier before signing the marriage contract. Well I think she being a nympo is a clear case of non-compatiblity,Please Divorce her!
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by doshbass(m): 5:25pm On Apr 27, 2006
spikedcylinder:

cheating on you again and again is another issue, I am only refereing to the first time cheat and having tried your best to avoid such thing from happening again and helping her out. the first time might be a mistake and If it happens again then it is really obvious she is not taking the marriage seriously
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by glamour(f): 5:38pm On Apr 27, 2006
@babymine   
when its the woman every one's like "abomination, deal with her,

according to tradition, it is an abomination for a wife to cheat and when a man dose the same he is easily forgiven simply becos they believe that women are made for  man  and  man is made for women. the man can get/marry as many women as he wants but the woman is restricted to only one man.

if i was a man i could forgive my wife but i will never forget  and the  stain she has put in the family cannot be  erased
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by tutankanem(m): 6:41pm On Apr 27, 2006
Ladies - quick question : Can a man marry more than one woman and what do we call him? And can a woman marry more than one Husband - and if she does what do we call her?
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by mukina2: 6:45pm On Apr 27, 2006
tutankanem:

Ladies - quick question : Can a man marry more than one woman and what do we call him? And can a woman marry more than one Husband - and if she does what do we call her?

well for men its polygamy tongue tongue tongue
for women av never seen dat b4 av u??
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by O4real(m): 7:12pm On Apr 27, 2006
@tutankanem n mukina2
The word "polygamy" means having more than one mate. Having more than one wife is called "polygyny", while having more than one husband is called "polyandry". A mixture of men and women is called "group marriage" or "communal marriage".
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by tutankanem(m): 12:45pm On Apr 28, 2006
@O4Real n Mukina2
Thanks for clearing that up. The question was a rhetorical question meant to emphasise the issue of having more than one partner for either of the sexes. While it is societally acceptable for men to have more than one partner, for women it is frowned upon even though in some communities (few and far between) it is acceptable. And like a friend of mine once said "a man with a hundred women is a hero but a woman with a hundred men is a zero"
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by kimba(m): 1:59pm On Apr 29, 2006
@spikedcylinder
why did you marry her when you knew that she was a nympho,

@all
if a lady is called a nympho coz she sleeps around alot, what do you call a male that does the same? nympha?
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by toshmann(m): 5:30pm On Apr 29, 2006
@ijele,

u see it is a wonderful thing to forgive, but then the problem is the marriage would loose meaning.i will forgive.but the marriage is dead. b/c i cant forget. and i'll be under intense torture. mental torture. it's better we don't live together again b/c she'll be a constant reminder of the infidelity. i cant stand it. and i'll tell whoever i'll marry that any infedelity=end of marriage. it doesn't mean i didn't forgive. it only means i couldn't go on.sure i'll loose if there's a divorce, but i will have a better frame of mind. staying back may make me insane.

God please help me! i'm scared of marriage now i never thought of that possibility. Gawd! shocked
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by ijele(m): 9:18pm On Apr 29, 2006
I[b] understood your point but I still stand by my words that if you truly love her,you will get along with her,
as long as she showed remorse and willingly to give up her bad deed.
And for that fact you showed real maturity when she was caught may earn you a life time respect which you deserved!
Marriage shouldn't scare you,It's an institution for matured mind. you have to be sure you can handle your emotions
before swearing the oath.
[/b]
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by toshmann(m): 10:14pm On Apr 29, 2006
na wa o
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by O4real(m): 5:08pm On May 01, 2006
@toshmann
WHAT DO YOU THINK MARRIAGE IS? WELL IF U ARE SCARED THEN DONT DO IT. THERE IS A BETA OPTION WHICH IS TO GET LIVE-IN PARTNER. SO THE PROBLEM OF INFIDELITY IS NOT THERE COS THOUGH U GUYS ARE LIVING 2GETHER THERE IS NO CRIME 4 AWAY MATCHES. shocked shocked
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by dominobaby(f): 6:31pm On May 01, 2006
It realy is HARD 2 4give. Personaly, i have decided nt to cheat n i keep prayn to God 2 give me MY man. But if in any circumstance he does cheat, den i dnt knw wat wud happen o! Mennn, heart broken aint da word but ma trust would instantly diminish. But then, d love i've got 4 him might make me talk things thru wit him n GOD HELP US. Aww, i dnt even wnt to think of it cos its a DEEP CUT! U knw, wen u've got a scar on ur skin n it heals later, d scar/mark stil is dere though d pain is gone, the skin aint da same anymore!
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by dremoney(m): 8:50pm On May 01, 2006
church don close, no remedy
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by spikedcylinder: 10:43am On May 02, 2006
tutankanem:

If a man marries more than one wife,its called POLYGAMY.
If a woman marries more than one husband,its called POLYANDRY and it is practiced in countries like Sri-Lanka and some parts of India.
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by babymine(f): 10:47am On May 02, 2006
Anyways, you really can't tell till it happens to you. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by spikedcylinder: 10:50am On May 02, 2006
Me,i can tell o!And i honestly wont blame my husband if he leaves me for cheating on him!
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by babymine(f): 10:53am On May 02, 2006
It's not easy to tell. What if the husband loves her so much that he can't let her go even if she cheats on him? In times like that you can't really predict what will happen. Life's funny, you know. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obituary Of Father And Son Who Died After Brief Illness (Photo) / Nigerian Couple Dance After Welcoming A Child After 8 Years Of Waiting (photos) / A Guest That Doesn't Want To Leave

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.