Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,211 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

Bible Answers All Things?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible Answers All Things?? (3486 Views)

Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / ‘world’s Ugliest Woman’ Proves That Jesus Makes All Things Beautiful / Truth And Error In The Church. Proving All Things. Brethren, Let Us Discuss. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bible Answers All Things?? by okeyxyz(m): 7:54pm On Dec 06, 2012
Okay!! An idea just hit me(having an einstein moment?? grin grin) and I'd like to share it.

I hereby throw a challenge to anybody to come up with any success, survival or operational principle or tip that cannot be found in the bible. You can draw your case scenario from any field\discipline, whether from science, sociology\psychology, paganism\satanism, politics, ANYTHING!!!.

It is my firm belief that all knowledge, whether good or evil, is a shadow of God's spirit\knowledge. Meaning they are all trying to imitate god's operations. I believe all principles can be found in the bible, It is a book of principles. Another word for spirit is principle\operation\behaviour. So let's have your thoughts, and goodluck. cheesy
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by okeyxyz(m): 8:26pm On Dec 06, 2012
From the writings of king Solomon:

What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun(Ecclesiastes 1:9)

Is there anything of which one can say, "Look! This is something new"? It was here already, long ago; it was here before our time(Ecclesiastes 1:10).

It seems all knowledge is already accounted for. I don't know where particularly he draws this inspiration from. Was he writing from a vision? Was he reading from some book of knowledge that we don't have today? Or was he just wise, therefore understanding all things, whether past, present or future. But I believe him. Why? because of my understanding of christianity, I believe all universal operations are based on god's spirit. cool
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by okeyxyz(m): 9:39pm On Dec 06, 2012
Can we assume that that principle of "two-third(2/3) majority rules" by which most parliaments are derived is based on the bible? with the one-third(1/3) representing the defeated? grin The book of revelations is replete with all manners of a third being defeated\destroyed, meaning the two-thirds survive or win.

and there came hail and fire mixed with blood, and it was hurled down upon the earth. A third of the earth was burned up, a third of the trees were burned up, and all the green grass was burned up (Revelation 8:7 )

The second angel sounded his trumpet, and something like a huge mountain, all ablaze, was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea turned into blood(Revelation 8:cool,

a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed(Revelation 8:9).

His tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth....(Revelation 12:
4).

etc etc.
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Dec 06, 2012
Where did christmas come from?

Fools like you fail to realise that there are religions older than Judaism or the bible.
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by okeyxyz(m): 10:46pm On Dec 06, 2012
Logicboy03: Where did christmas come from?

Fools like you fail to realise that there are religions older than Judaism or the bible.

grin Boy!!! you never cease to amuse me. Did I ever claim Christianity or Judaism to be first religions? As usual, you mis-interpret and mis-analyses every issue. My quest is simple. Show me or explain any working operation from any field and I'll give you a bible principle and reference to account for it. simple!
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Dec 06, 2012
okeyxyz:

grin Boy!!! you never cease to amuse me. Did I ever claim Christianity or Judaism to be first religions? As usual, you mis-interpret and mis-analyses every issue. My quest is simple. Show me or explain any working operation from any field and I'll give you a bible principle and reference to account for it. simple!

Kaizen- Japanese concept of continuous improvement

Just in time production.
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by Sweetnecta: 11:05pm On Dec 06, 2012
give me the big ban.g theory.

then give logicboy03 his coming from ape idea.

just a bonus question; make 3 to be 1 and 1 to be 3 and mathematically or scientifically justify it.
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by okeyxyz(m): 12:14am On Dec 07, 2012
Logicboy03:
Kaizen- Japanese concept of continuous improvement

Just in time production.

The Kaizen concept of continuous improvement is about lean management. It is about eliminating all production\supply-chain processes that are wasteful. ie: does not contribute value to the final product.

1 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful(John 15:1-2)
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by Nobody: 12:19am On Dec 07, 2012
okeyxyz:

The Kaizen concept of continuous improvement is about lean management. It is about eliminating all production\supply-chain processes that are wasteful. ie: does not contribute value to the final product.

1 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful(John 15:1-2)

Ode. This is what happens when you are overconfident. Kaizen is a term that applies to life in general. You find it in business because Japanese people mix their culture with business and the Western people copied such a concept as a business term.

Kaizen is just continuous improvement. You googled it and probably went with the first links about Kaizen.

You fail

Try again.

1 Like

Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by Areaboy2(m): 12:23am On Dec 07, 2012
Sweetnecta: give me the big ban.g theory.

just a bonus question; make 3 to be 1 and 1 to be 3 and mathematically or scientifically justify it.

even Islam has no idea what it is talking about in reference to your point tongue

@topic, give me a verse that shows the operation of an internal combustion engine
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by okeyxyz(m): 12:24am On Dec 07, 2012
[size=14pt]NB:[/size]

Guys, Whatever case you bring here, please try to explain it summarily(I can't be doing all the research), so I can have a picture of the process involved, that way I know what principle in the bible to compare it to. cheers.
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by Nobody: 12:25am On Dec 07, 2012
okeyxyz: [size=14pt]NB:[/size]

Guys, Whatever case you bring here, please try to explain it summarily(I can't be doing all the research), so I can have a picture of the process involved, that way I know what principle in the bible to compare it to. cheers.

Next time, dont act cocky. Leave that to the big boy atheists smiley
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by okeyxyz(m): 12:29am On Dec 07, 2012
Logicboy03:
Ode. This is what happens when you are overconfident. Kaizen is a term that applies to life in general. You find it in business because Japanese people mix their culture with business and the Western people copied such a concept as a business term.

Kaizen is just continuous improvement. You googled it and probably went with the first links about Kaizen.

You fail
Try again.

If I am wrong, then why don't you explain it better. simply saying "Continuous improvement" is not an explanation.

My point still stands. Kaizen is about eliminating waste in the production\supply chain process over time, thus "continuous improvement". waste includes: waste of time, waste of resources, waste of space, machinery, energy, etc.

1 Like

Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by Nobody: 12:44am On Dec 07, 2012
okeyxyz:

If I am wrong, then why don't you explain it better. simply saying "Continuous improvement" is not an explanation.

My point still stands. Kaizen is about eliminating waste in the production\supply chain process over time, thus "continuous improvement". waste includes: waste of time, waste of resources, waste of space, machinery, energy, etc.

Okay, I'll give you that.

However, this is not my style of debate.

I'll leave you be
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by okeyxyz(m): 12:47am On Dec 07, 2012
Area_boy:
@topic, give me a verse that shows the operation of an internal combustion engine

How exactly do you want this to be explained? is it about fuel + fire + explosion\expansion?
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by okeyxyz(m): 1:01am On Dec 07, 2012
You need to specify what principles you want referenced in the bible. Dropping one-liners is not giving much information to go by.

Sweetnecta:
give me the big ban.g theory.
The big b.ang thoery, according to the general theory of relativity agrees that the universe(all matter, energy, space, time) has a beginning, that It has not always been. It also agrees that whatever caused the universe to begin must exist outside these realms of matter\energy, space & time. This is precisely the description god and the story in genesis.

In the beginning god created the heavens and the earth...(Genesis 1:1)

Evolution from ape to man is a lie. I cannot validate a lie.

What exactly do you mean here? Help me and I will give you an answer.

1 Like

Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by wiegraf: 1:13am On Dec 07, 2012
For starters, special relativity
If that's too easy add entropy, for now...

edit: btw, you do know that because of the way the book is written it can be interpreted to mean just about anything, just like say nostradamus' 'prophecies'. But yeah, this is fun
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by Areaboy2(m): 2:00am On Dec 07, 2012
okeyxyz:

How exactly do you want this to be explained? is it about fuel + fire + explosion\expansion?

yes.. now give me bible verse
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by engrtee(f): 6:55am On Dec 07, 2012
Plz, where is BIBLE in d BIBLE?

Is soccer biblical? Plz gve chapta and verse

1 Like

Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by okeyxyz(m): 9:21am On Dec 07, 2012

Area_boy:
yes.. now give me bible verse

May our God come and not keep silence; Fire devours before Him, And it is very tempestuous around Him(Psalm 50:3 ).

So here we have a combination of the events in an internal combustion engine, all ascribed to god. The explosive sound(..not keep silence), this is why your car has a silencer, the ignition of fuel(Fire devours before Him) and the energy(tempestuous) released to push pistons
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by okeyxyz(m): 9:53am On Dec 07, 2012
wiegraf: For starters, special relativity
If that's too easy add entropy, for now...

Special relativity is the theory that the speed of light remains the same in a vacuum, regardless of the relative motion of it's observer.

Light is one of the phenomenons used as a metaphor for god's righteousness. So, comparing to special relativity: It simply means that god's righteousness cannot be improved upon or subtracted from, regardless of man's efforts. Light is the most pure form of energy(if you describe it as energy) we know today, thus it's "ultimate" speed. This is also the nature of Faith: unhindered and unimproved by efforts\evidence. This is the principal message of the new testament: the righteousness of god that justifies everybody equally, regardless of race, nationality, sex, status, etc. But i give you two refs:

27 Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. On what principle? On that of observing the law? No, but on that of faith. 28 For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from observing the law. 29 Is God the God of Jews only? Is he not the God of Gentiles too? Yes, of Gentiles too(Romans 3:27-29 )

Read the parable of the workers in the vineyard(Mathew 20: 1-16 ), It is a beautiful illustration.
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by okeyxyz(m): 9:58am On Dec 07, 2012
engrtee: Plz, where is BIBLE in d BIBLE?

Is soccer biblical? Plz gve chapta and verse

Bros, I'm talking about principles, not objects.
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by engrtee(f): 10:15am On Dec 07, 2012
Law of diminishn return

atomic theory

like poles repel, unlike charges atrat
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by mkmyers45(m): 11:03am On Dec 07, 2012
The Colonial Organization of Insects
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by mkmyers45(m): 11:05am On Dec 07, 2012
The Uncertainty Principles in Certain Terms...
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by AtheistD(m): 12:04pm On Dec 07, 2012
Vestigial organ like the appendix. If God made all things to have a purpose then what is the purpose of the appendix?

Evil? What is the purpose of evil?

God? What is Gods purpose? Can God have a purpose?
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by advocate666: 1:15pm On Dec 07, 2012
Interplanetary gravitational pull.
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by AtheistD(m): 4:10pm On Dec 07, 2012
How can anyone think everything that has existed, exists and will exist is in rhe bible? How many pages is the bible again? It is just a vague book being interpreted to mean different things.
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by okeyxyz(m): 7:08pm On Dec 07, 2012
Sorry for the delay guys, I'm really struggling to create time for nairaland.
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by okeyxyz(m): 7:23pm On Dec 07, 2012
mkmyers45: The Uncertainty Principles in Certain Terms...

The uncertainty principle states that you cannot have a precise measurement of the position of a particle and it's momemtum at the same time. the more you know one, the less you know the other.

God's spirit is likened to the uncertainty principle: meaning that he does not exist in one condition\circumstance exclusively, and if you isolate a particular situation(wether good or bad) thinking that is the ideal condition for god to operate, then you loose out on the rest of his operations.

Ecclesiastes 11 talks about this, but I'll give you two verses:

4 Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap(eccl 11:4).

6 Sow your seed in the morning, and at evening let not your hands be idle, for you do not know which will succeed, whether this or that, or whether both will do equally well(eccl 11:6).

John 3:8 also gives an insight on this principle:

The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit."(John 3:8 )

1 Like

Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by engrtee(f): 7:27pm On Dec 07, 2012
engrtee: Law of diminishn return

atomic theory

like poles repel, unlike charges atrat

waitn 4 responce
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by okeyxyz(m): 7:37pm On Dec 07, 2012
mkmyers45: The Colonial Organization of Insects

I don't know what exactly you want to know about colonial organization of insects, but the bible uses them to illustrate how we must be continuously active in god's laws(spirit) in order to yield fruit\profit. Not just choosing god's laws when we think we need his intervention. It is the faith you excercise in the time of comfort that will see you through the difficult times.

6 Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! 7 It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, 8 yet it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest(proverbs 6:6-8 ).

24 “Four things on earth are small, yet they are extremely wise: 25 Ants are creatures of little strength, yet they store up their food in the summer(proverbs 30:24-25 );

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Your View About Abortion... / The Time Is Short. Roman Catholic Members Have No Excuse. / What Brought Us Here? A Defense Of Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.