Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Bible Answers All Things?? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible Answers All Things?? (3490 Views)

Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / ‘world’s Ugliest Woman’ Proves That Jesus Makes All Things Beautiful / Truth And Error In The Church. Proving All Things. Brethren, Let Us Discuss. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by AtheistD(m): 11:01am On Dec 08, 2012
mkmyers45:

But the ant does have leaders and commanders....isn't the Bible mistaken here?

And bees. And wolf packs. And lion prides. And some groups of chimps etc.
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by advocate666: 1:56pm On Dec 08, 2012
mkmyers45:

good point.
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by okeyxyz(m): 4:06pm On Dec 08, 2012
mkmyers45:

Ants don't have leaders or hierarchy, they have roles(division of labour). Leadership or hierarchy means there's a fight for dominance resulting in the winner dominating over the rest of the group, as is demonstrated in mammals, birds, reptiles, etc. There's no competition for influence amongst colony ants. The queen, soldiers and workers are all reared from birth to perform theses roles, So it is a misnomer that we humans describe the breeder as a queen, as this is us simply anthropomorphizing them. The "queen" is more of a treasure\resource, not a ruler(alpha).
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by okeyxyz(m): 4:09pm On Dec 08, 2012
mkmyers45:
You can tell where the wind is coming from,the magnitude and direction so incorrect no?

The wind moves in cycles, just like weather moves in cycles. Therefore it has no starting-point nor end-point.
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by okeyxyz(m): 4:19pm On Dec 08, 2012
@mazaje, I'll be back to address your points. Busy now smiley
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by advocate666: 5:07pm On Dec 08, 2012
okeyxyz:

Ants don't have leaders or hierarchy, they have roles(division of labour). Leadership or hierarchy means there's a fight for dominance resulting in the winner dominating over the rest of the group. This relationship is illustrated in mammals, birds, reptiles, etc. There's no competition for influence amongst colony ants. The queen, soldiers and workers are all reared from birth to perform theses roles, So it is a misnomer that we humans describe the breeder as a queen, as this is us simply anthropomorphizing them. The "queen" is more of a treasure\resource, not a ruler(alpha).

You can twist the bible all you want but you can't twist verifiable science especially to enlightened people like me. Ants do have leaders and hierarchy. They have commanders, overseers and rulers contrary to your bible. A quick internet search about the organisation of ants will show you.
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by okeyxyz(m): 8:42pm On Dec 08, 2012
mazaje: What the biblical solution to natural disaters like tsunami and hurricanes. .Humans have created the early warning systems and others are now trying to create devices that will alter the tempreture of hurracanes when they are building up so that their intensity will be greatlyb reduced. . The biblical solution to such natural disasters is what? . . .
mazaje: Biblical solution to water conservation is what?. . .What about global warming?. . .
mazaje: Where in the bible were dinosours mentioned?. . .What about micro organisms?. . .Do they have any mention in the bible?. . .Any thing about computers?. . .
mazaje: What the biblical explantion as to why we are the only animals that cry and shed tears?. . .What is the biblical explantion for cell division?. . .

You missed the whole point of this thread. It's not about individual animal or objects or events, but about the principles of how events happen. You ask for a bible solution to the tsunami & natural disasters but that was not my promise at the beginning of this thread. My proposal was: "Give me any working principle in any discipline and I will find where it is already in operation as an attribute(spirit) of god". Of course there are no computers in the bible but the principles on which computers operate are not new and they can be found in the bible as an attribute of god. Shikena!!!
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by okeyxyz(m): 8:59pm On Dec 08, 2012
advocate666:
You can twist the bible all you want but you can't twist verifiable science especially to enlightened people like me. Ants do have leaders and hierarchy. They have commanders, overseers and rulers contrary to your bible. A quick internet search about the organisation of ants will show you.

And what part of your assertions is verifiable science? That ants have leaders, commanders, overseers and hierarchy? why don't post a link to scientific research that reveals how queens, workers and soldiers are made\selected?

My point still stands: ants are born and raised into the roles they perform in a colony. they maintain the same role from birth to death, they do not move from one social status to another. These are not characteristic of animals that demonstrate leadership\dominance. Unlike lions or chimpanzees or birds who upon se.xual maturity have to fight and defeat their rivals for the right to be the alpha or one of the alphas, and they are continuously defending this position until a stronger rival defeats them. This is the real scenario of leadership.
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by mazaje(m): 9:06pm On Dec 08, 2012
okeyxyz:

You missed the whole point of this thread. It's not about individual animal or objects or events, but about the principles of how events happen. You ask for a bible solution to the tsunami & natural disasters but that was not my promise at the beginning of this thread. My proposal was: "Give me any working principle in any discipline and I will find where it is already in operation as an attribute(spirit) of god". Of course there are no computers in the bible but the principles on which computers operate are not new and they can be found in the bible as an attribute of god. Shikena!!!

So what is the biblical principle of cell division? What about the cell theory?. . .
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Dec 08, 2012
Hi op i find the thread interesting and felt i can chip in.
mazaje:

So what is the biblical principle of cell division? What about the cell theory?. . .
Cell division is the process by which a parent cell divides into two or more daughter cells .

20 And God said, Let the waters bringforth abundantly the moving creature that hath life,
22 And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas
, and let fowl multiply in the earth.

Cell theory n biology , cell theory is a scientific theory that describes the properties of cells , the basic unit of structure in every living thing.

ANSWER
For by him all things were created, inheaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him.
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by mazaje(m): 10:32pm On Dec 08, 2012
hisblud: Hi op i find the thread interesting and felt i can chip in.
Cell division is the process by which a parent cell divides into two or more daughter cells .

20 And God said, Let the waters bringforth abundantly the moving creature that hath life,
22 And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas
, and let fowl multiply in the earth.

Cell theory n biology , cell theory is a scientific theory that describes the properties of cells , the basic unit of structure in every living thing.

ANSWER
For by him all things were created, inheaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him.

Really?. . . No be small thing. . . grin grin grin
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by okeyxyz(m): 11:03pm On Dec 08, 2012
thanks @hisblud,
I went to do a little research on cell division so as to identify precisely what corresponds to scripture. I didn't want to ask @mazaje to explain the process because I felt he would not paint a good picture of cell division.

But finally what I've come up with is the same scenario as yours(genesis creation) and I'll put it in my own pov.
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by okeyxyz(m): 12:02am On Dec 09, 2012
mazaje:
There are two kinds of cell division: Meiosis and Mitosis.

Meiosis results in the mixing of the dna of both parent chromosomes within the cell to produce new varieties of genetic codes, in other words "new creation". This results in division and formation of the se.x\seed cells(sp.erm, egg). These will go on to mix with other seed cells during se.xual intercourse to form the final genetic code which makes up the offspring.

Mitosis, on the other hand is simply dna & cell multiplication to produce identical cells, there is no mixing of genetic material of the parent's chromosomes, In other words there is no creation of new genetic code during this process, what you have is simply growth through multiplication to maturity(forming of functional tissues, organs, etc) and then more multiplication(for maintenance).

Now according to genesis 1:1-5,

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
this is the meiosis(creation) stage, the new codes, the beginning.

2 The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters.
at this stage, though the complete code is created, the organs\artifacts have not yet formed into their different organs\functionalities. This is the gestation(mitosis, stem-cells) period of growth\multiplication and formation, signified by "the Spirit(the female part of god) of God hovering over the surface of the waters"(hovering means: incubation, brooding, pregnancy).

So I have covered meiosis and mitosis stages in creation, but as a bonus, I go further to chapter 5:

3 Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light day, and the darkness He called night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day.
"Let there be light" signifies the giving birth, the full offspring(universe) is delivered, with all it's organs formed. God then goes further to assign the different entities(of the universe) their functions.

Nice! isn't it? cheesy
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by okeyxyz(m): 2:06pm On Dec 09, 2012
Kay 17: Principle of centrifugal force?!

According to physics: Centrifugal force produces centripetal(equal & opposite) force. Centrifugal force is actually a sum of inertial forces tangential(escape force) to the arc of the circle.

25 “For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it(Matthew 16:25).

Spiritually: centrifugal force is the lord's ways, they are different(tangential, perpendicular) to man ways. So, the strength(centrifugal) of the lord shall return(centripetal) to you as your own. ie: good health, strong will, strong motivation, success, etc

Two more verses:

Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary(Isaiah 40:31 ).

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding. 6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight. 7 Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the LORD and turn away from evil. 8 It will be healing to your body And refreshment to your bones(Proverbs 3:5-8 )

Same message: The strength(centrifugal) of the lord shall straighten(centripetal) your path. ie: good health, success\prosperity, etc
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by aurenflani: 2:56pm On Dec 09, 2012
okeyxyz: You need to specify what principles you want referenced in the bible. Dropping one-liners is not giving much information to go by.

The big b.ang thoery, according to the general theory of relativity agrees that the universe(all matter, energy, space, time) has a beginning, that It has not always been. It also agrees that whatever caused the universe to begin must exist outside these realms of matter\energy, space & time. This is precisely the description god and the story in genesis.

In the beginning god created the heavens and the earth...(Genesis 1:1)

Evolution from ape to man is a lie. I cannot validate a lie.

What exactly do you mean here? Help me and I will give you an answer.
Qur'an: "Do not the Unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were joined together before (as one unit of creation), before We clove them asunder, and we made from water every living thing. Will they not believe?
21:30.
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by wiegraf: 4:58pm On Dec 09, 2012
You're not there yet, but train some more and your church could have the potential to rival oyedepo's

Easy, for every action there's an equal and opposite reaction
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by engrtee(f): 6:39pm On Dec 09, 2012
I must confes, op is doing a gud job.
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 09, 2012
engrtee: I must confes, op is doing a gud job.

Supporters club
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by advocate666: 6:48pm On Dec 09, 2012
op, are you still reading up on lcd?
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by okeyxyz(m): 9:17pm On Dec 09, 2012
wiegraf: You're not there yet, but train some more and your church could have the potential to rival oyedepo's

Easy, for every action there's an equal and opposite reaction

You missed the message(maybe I wasn't clear enough). Centrifugal force is a "virtual force", it appears to be on the same plane as centripetal force. The real forces which make up the centrifugal are the inertia forces which are tangential\perpendicualr to the plane of centripetal force. This means that god's ways\values are not like ours, Thus the phrases:

...whoever loses(chooses god's values over his own) his life for My sake...(Matthew 16:25 )
...do not lean on your own understanding...(Proverbs 3:5 )
...Do not be wise in your own eyes...(Proverbs 3:7 )

But the rewards(centripetal force) of keeping god's values are channeled back to our mental & physical realms.
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by okeyxyz(m): 9:19pm On Dec 09, 2012
advocate666: op, are you still reading up on lcd?

Tell me how lcd works and I'll give you an answer.
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by okeyxyz(m): 9:20pm On Dec 09, 2012
engrtee: I must confes, op is doing a gud job.

cheers! to that. cheesy
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by advocate666: 9:27pm On Dec 09, 2012
okeyxyz:

Tell me how lcd works and I'll give you an answer.

If it's in the bible, you should already know how it works.
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by okeyxyz(m): 9:34pm On Dec 09, 2012
advocate666:
If it's in the bible, you should already know how it works.

I could research how lcd works but I don't have time. You'll have to wait for later.
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by Kay17: 10:33pm On Dec 09, 2012
Hegel"s dialectics

Marx's theory on superstructures

Kant's categorical imperative
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by wiegraf: 12:12am On Dec 10, 2012
okeyxyz:

You missed the message(maybe I wasn't clear enough). Centrifugal force is a "virtual force", it appears to be on the same plane as centripetal force. The real forces which make up the centrifugal are the inertia forces which are tangential\perpendicualr to the plane of centripetal force. This means that god's ways\values are not like ours, Thus the phrases:

...whoever loses(chooses god's values over his own) his life for My sake...(Matthew 16:25 )
...do not lean on your own understanding...(Proverbs 3:5 )
...Do not be wise in your own eyes...(Proverbs 3:7 )

But the rewards(centripetal force) of keeping god's values are channeled back to our mental & physical realms.

No, that's not what I meant, sorry.

I meant here's an easy one; for every action there's an equal and opposite reaction. Have you tackled that yet?

Actually I want to work through the laws of thermodynamics, I think this is the first one? I'm not so sure
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by wiegraf: 12:13am On Dec 10, 2012
Kay 17: Hegel"s dialectics

Marx's theory on superstructures

Kant's categorical imperative

Heh heh heh

Google is my friend...
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by Kay17: 12:17am On Dec 10, 2012
^^

Loool
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by okeyxyz(m): 1:09am On Dec 10, 2012
wiegraf:
No, that's not what I meant, sorry.

I meant here's an easy one; for every action there's an equal and opposite reaction. Have you tackled that yet?

Lool, This one is so easy I'd give it to you straight off the top of my head, no research needed cheesy

37 “Do not judge, and you will not be judged; and do not condemn, and you will not be condemned; pardon, and you will be pardoned. 38 “Give, and it will be given to you. They will pour into your lap a good measure—pressed down, shaken together, and running over. For by your standard of measure it will be measured to you in return.”(Luke 6:37-38 )
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by GoodBoi1(m): 1:21am On Dec 10, 2012
@okeyxyz, I must say that some of your replies here are ambiguous and fallacious. I am a Christian and I believe that every thing good has it's root in God because "Every word of God is flawless...(Prov.30:5).
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by okeyxyz(m): 1:43am On Dec 10, 2012
Good Boi: @okeyxyz, I must say that some of your replies here are ambiguous and fallacious. I am a Christian and I believe that every thing good has it's root in God because "Every word of God is flawless...(Prov.30:5).

Could you point out what these "fallacies" are? I suspect you are referring to the parts I said: The spirit is the "female part of god" in the creation scene, and my explanation of the "trinity".
But I know I'm not wrong. I've thought, meditated and been inspired in everything I write here.
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by GoodBoi1(m): 2:16am On Dec 10, 2012
I had to read your replies again but with understanding and I was impressed. I was actually enlightened even though some had insufficient back ups but understanding of spiritual/biblical concepts covered.

Can you throw more light on
*addiction
*principle of perpetual motion (using biblical references)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Attending University Is Lack Of Faith Says Jehovah's Witnesses Gov Body / Pastor Sotitobire, Akure Prophet Performing Miracles During Their Water Service / Adeboye Akingbola And The ‘private Jet’ Revisited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.