Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,841 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:49 PM

UK Nurse In Kate Middleton Radio Prank Call Committs Suicide - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / UK Nurse In Kate Middleton Radio Prank Call Committs Suicide (16462 Views)

Kate Osamor Elected As MP For Edmonton In Uk ( Photos) / Breaking News: Kate Middleton Delivers Baby Girl / Kate Middleton & Prince William's Son (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

UK Nurse In Kate Middleton Radio Prank Call Committs Suicide by Siga: 5:33pm On Dec 07, 2012
London (CNN) -- A nurse at the hospital that was duped by a prank call from two Australian radio DJs concerning Prince William's pregnant wife, Catherine, has apparently committed suicide, the hospital confirmed Friday.

The nurse "was recently the victim of a hoax call," King Edward VII Hospital said in a media statement.

The DJs impersonated Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Charles in the prank call, in which some details of the Duchess of Cambridge's condition and care were given.

The nurse who died was the person who first took the hoax call and transferred it through to Catherine's ward, the hospital's public relations company said.

The hospital named her as Jacintha Saldanha and said she had worked there for more than four years as an "excellent nurse," who was well respected by co-workers.

The hospital "had been supporting her throughout this difficult time," the statement said.

The Duchess of Cambridge was discharged from the hospital Thursday after treatment for acute morning sickness.

A St. James's Palace spokesman said: "The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are deeply saddened to learn of the death of Jacintha Saldanha.

"Their Royal Highnesses were looked after so wonderfully well at all times by everybody at King Edward VII Hospital, and their thoughts and prayers are with Jacintha Saldanha's family, friends and colleagues at this very sad time."

Separately, a palace spokesman told CNN: "At no point did the palace complain to the hospital about the incident. On the contrary, we offered our full and heartfelt support to the nurses involved and hospital staff at all times."

The hospital's chief executive, John Lofthouse, said, "Everyone is shocked by the loss of a much loved and valued colleague."

London's Metropolitan Police said they were notified around 9:35 a.m. (4:35 a.m. ET) on Friday that a woman was found unconscious. She was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police are treating the death as "unexplained," they said.

Audio of the call posted online suggested a woman spoke briefly to the DJs, who host a show for the 2Day FM radio station in Sydney, before the call was put through to the ward early Tuesday morning.

The hospital said Wednesday that it deeply regretted the call had been put through.

Read more: Radio DJs pretend to be queen, make prank call to Catherine's hospital

The radio show apologized for the call Wednesday, saying it "was done with light-hearted intentions."

Its two DJs, Mel Greig and Michael Christian, continued to tweet about the call on Thursday and earlier Friday, promising "more on the #royalprank." By Friday evening, a spokeswoman for the station told CNN in a statement that the pair will "not return to the show until further notice out of respect for what can only be described as a tragedy." She said Greig and Christian were "deeply shocked" by the incident.

The Twitter accounts for the pair were taken down.

Talking about the call on air Thursday, Greig said: "They were the world's worst accents ever. We were sure 100 people at least before us would've tried the same thing. ... We were expecting to be hung up on -- we didn't even know what to say when we got through."

Angry comments have been posted on the 2Day FM Facebook page since the news of the nurse's death broke.

"This death is on your conscience," reads one post. Another says, "Blood on your hands."

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/07/world/europe/uk-royal-hospital-death/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
Re: UK Nurse In Kate Middleton Radio Prank Call Committs Suicide by mychaella(f): 8:20pm On Dec 07, 2012
They set the boys at MI6 on her.

5 Likes

Re: UK Nurse In Kate Middleton Radio Prank Call Committs Suicide by SisiKill1: 8:24pm On Dec 07, 2012
Wow! This is just. . .Wow!! undecided

The woman obviously had some serious psychological issues and this was just pushed her over the edge completely. . .the poor thing. May she RIP and God give her family the fortitude to bare the loss.

Now about the DJs. . . angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: UK Nurse In Kate Middleton Radio Prank Call Committs Suicide by Nobody: 8:25pm On Dec 07, 2012
Re: UK Nurse In Kate Middleton Radio Prank Call Committs Suicide by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 07, 2012
it could also be a prank who knows undecided

5 Likes

Re: UK Nurse In Kate Middleton Radio Prank Call Committs Suicide by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 07, 2012
James Bond has gotten a new assignment. This time they will be shaken and stirred.

4 Likes

Re: UK Nurse In Kate Middleton Radio Prank Call Committs Suicide by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 07, 2012
Be mindful of what you do in life, it just might be what another person will have as a reason to end it all

6 Likes

Re: UK Nurse In Kate Middleton Radio Prank Call Committs Suicide by mrrock: 8:32pm On Dec 07, 2012
I don't get it. Did the DJs tell the nurse to die?.

2 Likes

Re: UK Nurse In Kate Middleton Radio Prank Call Committs Suicide by aminho(m): 8:34pm On Dec 07, 2012
second at last blood on their hands wonder if nigerians can kil themslf because of disappiontment it wil be sumtin i cant say
Re: UK Nurse In Kate Middleton Radio Prank Call Committs Suicide by TableLeg(m): 8:35pm On Dec 07, 2012
bandiejay: it could also be a prank who knows undecided
Fool... It is not a prank!
Re: UK Nurse In Kate Middleton Radio Prank Call Committs Suicide by donchi5050(m): 8:38pm On Dec 07, 2012
Masonic in action

1 Like

Re: UK Nurse In Kate Middleton Radio Prank Call Committs Suicide by Nasri100(m): 8:39pm On Dec 07, 2012
"Blood on your hands " S Hit just got real cry
Re: UK Nurse In Kate Middleton Radio Prank Call Committs Suicide by Nobody: 8:39pm On Dec 07, 2012
Table Leg :

Fool... It is not a prank!

[i]Another Mo.ro.n on the Making did i make a conclusion it was a prank? You have problem with English Oloshious Fetus[/i]
Re: UK Nurse In Kate Middleton Radio Prank Call Committs Suicide by razznaija(f): 8:41pm On Dec 07, 2012
Is it just me or did the article not include what the dj's actually said to the lady that made her commit such an act?

4 Likes

Re: UK Nurse In Kate Middleton Radio Prank Call Committs Suicide by dominique(f): 8:41pm On Dec 07, 2012
So you made a mistake and suicide is the solution? Why do these people let the royals get to them so much?undecided

1 Like

Re: UK Nurse In Kate Middleton Radio Prank Call Committs Suicide by Nasri100(m): 8:41pm On Dec 07, 2012
bandiejay:

[i]Another Mo.ro.n on the Making did i make a conclusion it was a prank? You have problem with English Oloshious Fetus[/i]

Hahahahah see insult sorry o Table leg cheesy
Re: UK Nurse In Kate Middleton Radio Prank Call Committs Suicide by Nwoka(m): 8:41pm On Dec 07, 2012
White people and suicide!!
Re: UK Nurse In Kate Middleton Radio Prank Call Committs Suicide by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 07, 2012
She didn't have to, this is so sad R.I.P

1 Like

Re: UK Nurse In Kate Middleton Radio Prank Call Committs Suicide by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 07, 2012
She shouldn't have committed suicide now, she did nothing wrong. I mean there was no way she would have known it was a prank call.

Unless she didn't actually kill herself..........

4 Likes

Re: UK Nurse In Kate Middleton Radio Prank Call Committs Suicide by executinal(m): 8:42pm On Dec 07, 2012
so this could need to death?
They should find out what really happened to her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s_gyIUNJrw

1 Like

Re: UK Nurse In Kate Middleton Radio Prank Call Committs Suicide by olempe(m): 8:44pm On Dec 07, 2012
@miguel:
James Bond has gotten a new assignment. This time they will be shaken and stirred.

That must be Vodka Martini...
Re: UK Nurse In Kate Middleton Radio Prank Call Committs Suicide by Nobody: 8:45pm On Dec 07, 2012
razznaija: Is it just me or did the article not include what the dj's actually said to the lady?

She received the call from the two guys and forwarded it to Catherine's ward. So I think Catherine spoke to them thinking they were the Queen and Prince. So maybe they were asking to speak with Catherine.
Re: UK Nurse In Kate Middleton Radio Prank Call Committs Suicide by TableLeg(m): 8:45pm On Dec 07, 2012
bandiejay:

There we go again .... Another buffoon spazzing all over a public forum ... You must be suffering from friday madness!
I dont have a problem with english, i have a problem with dingbats like you ... So if you want war, bring it on ..... .fuc/ktard with a label and herpes on the lip!
Omo ale jatijati
Re: UK Nurse In Kate Middleton Radio Prank Call Committs Suicide by olempe(m): 8:49pm On Dec 07, 2012
fellis: She shouldn't have committed suicide now, she did nothing wrong. I mean there was no way she would have known it was a prank call.

Unless she didn't actually kill herself..........

Abi na. She ended her life on something that she might not even be tried for. While the royal family will be living their lives, she'll be maggot food. Something else must wrong with her..
Re: UK Nurse In Kate Middleton Radio Prank Call Committs Suicide by hamsky: 8:52pm On Dec 07, 2012
mychaella: They set the boys at MI6 on her.
That's exactly what came to mind when I heard about it.
Re: UK Nurse In Kate Middleton Radio Prank Call Committs Suicide by luvablesam(m): 8:54pm On Dec 07, 2012
dominique: So you made a mistake and suicide is the solution? Why do these people let the royals get to them so much?undecided
just my same tots,n now all they can say is Sorry!wat a shame!
Re: UK Nurse In Kate Middleton Radio Prank Call Committs Suicide by mankand(m): 8:56pm On Dec 07, 2012
M16 on my mind
Re: UK Nurse In Kate Middleton Radio Prank Call Committs Suicide by crisycent: 8:57pm On Dec 07, 2012
donchi5050: Masonic in action

Who be this man sef? why u dey involve Mason for this issue?
Re: UK Nurse In Kate Middleton Radio Prank Call Committs Suicide by Troll: 9:01pm On Dec 07, 2012
WONDERS SHALL NEVER END undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Niger PM In Chad As US, Russia Urge Diplomatic Option In Crisis / Putin Registers As Candidate For Russia’s Next Presidential Election / Ghana Judge Was Sacked After Receiving A Goat As Bribe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.