Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,745 members, 7,824,146 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? (42395 Views)

NEW MUSIC: "What A Bang Bang" -omawumi Ft 2face / Rock Music Is Satanic? / Future Of Rock Music In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by matrixx(m): 10:57pm On Dec 27, 2012
Coldplay, Green Day & Cranberries in dat order!
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Ishilove: 10:57pm On Dec 27, 2012
Coldplay
Nickleback
Queen
Meatloaf (is that a band??)
Aerosmith
Foreigner(I'm not sure its a band, but I just love the guy!!!) cheesy
Duran duran
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by drizzit(m): 10:58pm On Dec 27, 2012
Avenged Sevenfold, Metallica, Led Zeppelin, and any heavy metal will do just fine by me....
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Dec 27, 2012
My best rock band is coldplay..nd ny fav track is Viva la vida!

1 Like

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by 18wheeler: 10:59pm On Dec 27, 2012
I'm down with all kinds of rock. Fav band is u2. But i like dem all: nivarna, puddle of mud, nickelback, bon jovi, evanessence, oasis, hinder, hoobastank, ozzy osbourne, marilyn monsoon, incubus, papa roach, avril lavigne, saliva, Coldplay, green day, POD
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Vansnickers: 11:01pm On Dec 27, 2012
Oasis, U2, Coldplay, Nirvana, Kasabian, daft punk, the verve, red hot chilli peppers, Pearl jam, led Zeppelin( stairways to heaven baby).
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nickydrake(m): 11:02pm On Dec 27, 2012
And of course there's Green Day.

Also, OP, there's this band, Threadstone. I reckon they're Nigeria's only true rock band, as they do the electric guitar stuff and all, unlike your Rooftop MCs and others.

1 Like

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Keji3: 11:02pm On Dec 27, 2012
Like seriously how can I forget Frank Edwards[url]....best rock star to come of naija.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by drizzit(m): 11:03pm On Dec 27, 2012
;DI like me some greenday, all american rejects, 3 doors down and some more....I love blasting it from my sound system or my ipod....and folks look @ me strange....am like WTF....its my kinda music! U go listen to some fuji if it so pleases u!

2 Likes

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by jiraiyas: 11:03pm On Dec 27, 2012
slimes: Cold play is my favorite rock band, my best song from them is ... Clocks. Among the others I like are, Nirvana smiley, Nickelback smiley, Oasis smiley, Linkin Park smiley, Hinder wink, Paramore wink, Death Cab for Cabie wink, U2 wink, Deep Purple wink, Maroon 5 wink and Bon Jovi. wink
sure coldplay all along
especially thats us against the world and wisper
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by jiraiyas: 11:05pm On Dec 27, 2012
Bolushalom: My best rock band is coldplay..nd ny fav track is Viva la vida!
dude try playing such a rush and whispers ,or go look for politik
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by LewsTherin: 11:07pm On Dec 27, 2012
U2! My al-time-nondebatable favourite musical group. Period
Closely followed by Coldplay then Nickelback, Linkin Park and good old Cranberries. Zombies is my favourite there.

In Nigeria, there's this young chap called Logo. Has a single on Youtube - Anya wune wune. I'v heard the guy play in church and he can turn a Pasuma Wonder track into a Guns 'n Roses style beat!

1 Like

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by crazygod(m): 11:09pm On Dec 27, 2012
Aerosmith, evanesence and linkin park are good bands.nds
But the best to me will always be limpbizkit. Those guys are legends. I hope I aint forgettin lenny kravitz
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Dec 27, 2012
yes. from grunge to heavy metal...
nirvana, tokio hotel, plain white ts, korn, silversun pickups, red hot chilli peppers, metallica..you name it.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Dec 27, 2012
i love rock music to the core, inshort love is an understatement. I cherish it, if not for nigerian economy nd strange choice of music, i would have loved to be a rock star possibly with a band. My favourite rock band are "The who". They are kind of oldschool but still very cool. I also like avril lavigne, u2, greenday nd other talented rock bands/artists. Once again, i love rock **exits thread while whistling baba-o-riley by the who**

1 Like

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Vansnickers: 11:10pm On Dec 27, 2012
slimes: Cold play is my favorite rock band, my best song from them is ... Clocks. Among the others I like are, Nirvana smiley, Nickelback smiley, Oasis smiley, Linkin Park smiley, Hinder wink, Paramore wink, Death Cab for Cabie wink, U2 wink, Deep Purple wink, Maroon 5 wink and Bon Jovi. wink

Nice!! We like almost the same bands!

1 Like

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Affiliated(m): 11:12pm On Dec 27, 2012
For me, Bad Religion's The Empire Strikes First has to be the greatest Rock album with The Empire Strikes First being the best track on the album. Very insightful messages about the human condition passed across via the euphoric feeling of the electric guitar. Some rock bands however just make noise and are annoying.
Below is a link to Broken by Bad Religion which is off their The Process of Belief album 10 years ago. The video is really shitty though
I have about 13000 Alternative and Rock genre songs on my iTunes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=u2yF8PmfpVA#!
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by ruteeb: 11:12pm On Dec 27, 2012
Fkforyou: Damn,this thought just crossed my mind this morning,I guess I was not alone,well I like....the script,one republic,linkin park and most esp. chris daughtry that guy knows how to sing very well.
i love the script too, especially dt song, the man that cant be moved. 9c
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Dec 27, 2012
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by movmentish(m): 11:16pm On Dec 27, 2012
I'm in love with rock which my frnds find as weird,led zeppelin,aerosmith,Guns N Roses,one direction,U22,linkin park,as long as you'll have a mad guitarist then I'm into your band
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Olivialight(f): 11:16pm On Dec 27, 2012
am in luv with rock songs, no matter d mood u are in u always gonna v a track dat will make u feel ok.. I luv linkin pack,casting crown,kate voegale,cold play,owl city, dey r much 2 mention. I jt luv dem al except hard and metallic rock.

1 Like

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Dec 27, 2012
Surprised no one has mentioned THE KILLERS! That's my favourite rock band. Then I find soft rock coming from THE FRAY, ONE REPUBLIC and MAROON 5 cool too. I once gambled on a MARILYN MANSON cd and it wasn't half bad at all. I'm quite limited when it comes to Rock because I'm more of a hip-hop person.

1 Like

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Troll: 11:19pm On Dec 27, 2012
Yayy!...Me love Temptations too. Rick James Especially (The Superfreak The king of Punk-Rock) R.I.P

My favourite Rock Bands are Queen, NickelBack, ColdPlay, Maroon 5, Linkin Park, Nirvana, GreenDay, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Metallica, Bon Jovi, Limp Bizkit, I'm a rock freak in fact.
My favourite Rock solo musicians are Kid Rock, Boni Tyler, P!nk, Avril Lavigne, and the list goes on...
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by korrej(m): 11:20pm On Dec 27, 2012
'lights will guide you home...and i will try to FIX YOU'...COLD PLAY, FUN and AVRIL LAVIGNE.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by decoslim(m): 11:21pm On Dec 27, 2012
hmmmm removed wink
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by korrej(m): 11:21pm On Dec 27, 2012
'lights will guide you home...and i will try to FIX YOU'...COLD PLAY,MAROON 5, FUN and AVRIL LAVIGNE.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by tew: 11:22pm On Dec 27, 2012
casting crowns

1 Like

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by MacLovington(m): 11:22pm On Dec 27, 2012
Everybody likes one form of rock music or the other: glam rock, blues rock, jazz rock, psychadelic, roots rock, alternative rock you name it. My Favourites:

Hendrix
Elvis
Aerosmith
Springsteen
Bob Dylan
Queen
Eric Clapton
R H Chillie Peppers
Led Zepellin
R.E.M
U2
...even Linkin
Run DMC (known for Hip hop) even have a "rockey" element in their songs.

Many people see only hard rock like black sabath as rock.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by inspbado(m): 11:25pm On Dec 27, 2012
Guys please go and listen to the following rock songs;and ur lives will never remain the same again!!smiley
*Snow patrol- called out in the dark.
*Snow patrol- just say yes .
*Snow patrol- run.
*Death cab for cutie- grapevine fires.
*Neon trees-animal.
*Snow patrol- you could be happy(theme song for d British comedy, Gavin and Stacy).
*Ben Howard- call me maybe(cover version of Carly rae jepsen's song;his version sounds way better than hers IMO).
*Ben Howard- move like u want.
*Ben Howard- wolves.
*Rachel. k. Collier- hard road to travel.
*James Vincent Mc morrow- higher love.
*Ed sheeren- drunk.
*Ed sheeren- small bump.
*Ben Howard- only love.
*Joshua radin- friend like you.
*Joshua radin- vegetable car.
*Snow patrol- signal fire.
*Jack Johnson- wrong turn.

Still got more, if u want.
PS: for easy download of the songs I've put up,go to tubidy.mobi. Enjoy and thank me later wink

1 Like

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by YoursGEJ(m): 11:26pm On Dec 27, 2012
staind

1 Like

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Affiliated(m): 11:27pm On Dec 27, 2012
I don't know what to classify Pink White T's under but their song "Hey There Delilah" done with the acoustic guitar is the most awesome guitar song ever closely followed by Simon & Garfunkel's "The Sound of Silence"
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by claremont(m): 11:27pm On Dec 27, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

List Of Radio Stations In Nigeria / Fireboy's Album Listening Party: Wizkid, Phyno, Olamide Spotted (Photos, Video) / Tinubu’s Radio Continental Changes Name To Max Fm (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.