Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,066 members, 7,825,370 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? - Music/Radio (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? (42407 Views)

NEW MUSIC: "What A Bang Bang" -omawumi Ft 2face / Rock Music Is Satanic? / Future Of Rock Music In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Ellylace(f): 10:29am On Dec 29, 2012
Wooow!! I've got a lot of awesome new songs now...U guys rock!!! Literally!! grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by 30secs(m): 10:30am On Dec 29, 2012
mrmofasa: My favorites: Bon Jovi, Linkin Park, Evanescence, Avril Lavigne (my first love), Casting Crowns, Coldplay, Daughtry, Jeremy Camp, MercyMe, Mumford and Sons, Oasis

Ah. . .and this awesome Nigerian dude, Et Cetera.
30 Seconds to Mars!!!!
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by FOREXMART(m): 10:31am On Dec 29, 2012
Meshugah are some new crazy dudes i just discovered.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by FOREXMART(m): 10:41am On Dec 29, 2012
check out these two links and see where metallica and Kirk Hammet falls. If u are into hard, metallic, trash rock then you know am not being biased lol.

www2.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle/Features/en-us/shred-stars-0803-2011.aspx

www.squidoo.com/Top-Ten-Metal-Bands-Of-All-Time
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 29, 2012
Ellylace: Wooow!! I've got a lot of awesome new songs now...U guys rock!!! Literally!! grin

You are welcome wink

So tell me, do you like Puddle of Mudd? smiley
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by edelweiss(f): 12:36pm On Dec 29, 2012
I love RUSH! Bon jovi as a band and love Rod stewarts!
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by daylae(m): 3:29pm On Dec 29, 2012
Ellylace: Wooow!! I've got a lot of awesome new songs now...U guys rock!!! Literally!! grin

thought ladies don't like rock genre,but was proven so wrong. . . . U sure rock!

1 Like

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 29, 2012
Indeed, I used to listen to heavy metal rocks like Stampede, Bon Jovi, Overkill, Cream, Venom,etc but I cut down on the habit considerably as I am getting older!
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Fourcade(m): 7:39pm On Dec 29, 2012
paulavon: I am a huge rock fan,i wonder why no one mentioned Stained, Staind is one of the best rock bands.i love 3 of their albums i.e Break the cycle,14 shades of grey and chapter V.
i also love Evenessence,amy lee is great.Linkin park is a one of my favorite also,last but not the least is Nickel back

You are mistaken...people mentioned it.Do you like Staind 2011?
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Fourcade(m): 7:43pm On Dec 29, 2012
qwuest: Love: the wallflowers,young the giant, vertical horizon,travis, stereophonics,smashing pumpkins, scott stapp (his solo works),placebo, anberlin,garbage, jane's addiction, lawson, audioslave, red hot chilli pepper, the calling, dave mathews band, the editors, puddle of mud, thriving ivory, our lady peace, robbie seay band, marcy playground,train, marjory fair, toad, tonic, white lies, three days grace, theory of a deadman, sum 41, smash mouth, fuel, sister hazel, silversun pickups, sick puppies, silverchair, semisonic, safety suit, brandon flowers, audio adrenaline , etc. Also love most of the acts already mentioned in this thread.

Recently discovered post rock via watching the tv series friday night light. The acts include: explosions in the sky, God is an astronaut, the album leaf, maybeshewill, mogwai, caspian, etc. Some of you guys ought to give 'em a listen and share what you think of their works.

Odikwa risky grin..No time for putu putu nofe songs grin
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Fourcade(m): 7:44pm On Dec 29, 2012
@pDude
i dont like the songs.I need my 200dolz cheesy
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 12:24am On Dec 30, 2012
Fourcade: @pDude
i dont like the songs.I need my 200dolz cheesy

Come collect am tongue
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by DaVinChiSam(m): 12:43am On Dec 30, 2012
Wow I need some serious downloading to do, I never reach anywhere
anyways

my favorites in no particular order, Soft, indie, hard metallica

3doorsdown
Evanescense
The Fray
Nickelback
Linkin Park
Owl City
ColdPlay
Tait
Avenged Sevenfold
MichaelLearnsToRock
RadioHead
Creed
Feist(I've proposed to her in my dreams more than 10times)
FleetFoxes
FlorenceAndTheMachin
Frank Edwards
Fort Minor(Guys where'd you go?)
Frou Frou
Fuel
GreenDay
The Hereafters
Hinder
Ida Maria
Ingrid Michaelson
Jace Everett
Keane
One Republic
three days grace
eBen
Staind
Walls of Jericho

e.t.c

Me Love Rock
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by D328babe: 12:54am On Dec 30, 2012
smiley smiley
Affiliated: For me, Bad Religion's The Empire Strikes First has to be the greatest Rock album with The Empire Strikes First being the best track on the album. Very insightful messages about the human condition passed across via the euphoric feeling of the electric guitar. Some rock bands however just make noise and are annoying.
Below is a link to Broken by Bad Religion which is off their The Process of Belief album 10 years ago. The video is really shitty though
I have about 13000 Alternative and Rock genre songs on my iTunes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=u2yF8PmfpVA#!

Fair Point, BUT..... ACDC IS STILL THE GREATEST ever... Back in Black is soo Brill! smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by naptu2: 1:47am On Dec 30, 2012
Dear sir or madam would you read my book,
It took me years to write,
would you take a look?
It's based on a novel by a man named Lear,
And I need a job cos I wanna be a
Paperback writer,
Paperback writer!

It's the dirty story of a dirty man
And his clinging wife doesn't understand.
His son is working for the Daily Mail,
It's a steady job but he wants to be a
Paperback writer.

Paperback writer!
Paperback writer!

It's a thousand pages, give or take a few,
I'll be writing more in a week or two.
I can make it longer if you like the style,
I can change it round and I want to be a
paperback writer
Paperback writer!

If you really like it you can have the rights,
It could make a million for you overnight.
If you must return it, you can send it here,
But I need a break and I want to be a
Paperback writer!
Paperback writer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH3TvSxT288
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Vansnickers: 4:17am On Dec 30, 2012

1 Like

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by mrmofasa(m): 7:41am On Dec 30, 2012
DaVinChiSam: Wow I need some serious downloading to do, I never reach anywhere
anyways

my favorites in no particular order, Soft, indie, hard metallica

3doorsdown
Evanescense
The Fray
Nickelback
Linkin Park
Owl City
ColdPlay
Tait
Avenged Sevenfold
MichaelLearnsToRock
RadioHead
Creed
Feist(I've proposed to her in my dreams more than 10times)
FleetFoxes
FlorenceAndTheMachin
Frank Edwards
Fort Minor(Guys where'd you go?)
Frou Frou
Fuel
GreenDay
The Hereafters
Hinder
Ida Maria
Ingrid Michaelson
Jace Everett
Keane
One Republic
three days grace
eBen
Staind
Walls of Jericho

e.t.c

Me Love Rock

the op said 'favorites' not 'all the rock bands you listen to'.

1 Like

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Gospell(m): 10:31am On Dec 30, 2012
Wow...am impressed that nigerians like me love rock,i tot i was alone...but am not impressed cos nobody mentioned.......
Atreyu
August burns red
Amon Amarth
Fabian manzano
Rise against
Biffy clyro
Band of Horses
Black veil brides
Charm city devils
Cage 9
Dragon force
As i lay dying
A day to remember
Fireflight
In fear and faith
Escape the faith
Killswitch engage
Mutiny within
Living colour
10 years
Underoath
Theory of dead man
The afters
Sum41
Stone sour
Seventh day slumber
Nightwish
Mercy me
Parabelle
Low shoulder......av been a rock fan since wen i was 9,if u can remember 1 cubed tv program,thats wr it al started.....the image below is Amon Amarth......naija lets ROCK!
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Gospell(m): 10:50am On Dec 30, 2012
amon amarth

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Hunkyimage(m): 11:08am On Dec 30, 2012
anicho: Damn....OWLCITY is da best. Dis dude knows rock d best way...his 2012 album 'ALL THINGS BRIGHT AND BEAUTIFUL' is a blast. Try listening to d tracks 'peppermint winter' & 'honey & the bee' u'l love it.
mehn,i dnt think owl city'z music iz rock,i would lyk 2 classify it in2 d electronic or pop may electro-pop genre... wat do u guyz think? I love d dudez songz especially hot-air balloon,umbrella beach,fireflies n vanilla twilight...
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by DaVinChiSam(m): 12:24pm On Dec 30, 2012
mrmofasa:

the op said 'favorites' not 'all the rock bands you listen to'.

Bro those are in no way close to ''all the rock bands I listen to''

and they're not even all my favorites...
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by mrmofasa(m): 7:03pm On Dec 30, 2012
DaVinChiSam:

Bro those are in no way close to ''all the rock bands I listen to''

and they're not even all my favorites...

Sure, you must have a top 5. I'd really like to know them.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Iyobizzle(m): 9:47pm On Dec 30, 2012
of monsters and men,daughtry,lifehouse,LINKIN PARK,mumford and sons,puddle of mud,lumineers,PARAMORE,COLDPLAY,..... avenged sevenfold,Florence + the machine,shinedown,Greenday,dashboard confessional,one rebublic, we are the fallen..

1 Like

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by DaVinChiSam(m): 12:14am On Dec 31, 2012
mrmofasa:

Sure, you must have a top 5. I'd really like to know them.

Not really... It's difficult choosing five out of the lot but since you want to know I'd use my most played list, presentin the 5most played this year

1. Hemorrhage by FueL
2. Never Say Never by The Fray
3. If everyone Cared by Nickelback
4. My heart is broken by Evanescense
5. Lost by Avenged Sevenfold

These are by no way my most favorite but since I can't choose only 5 I'm using my most played playlist
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by ikhane: 2:24am On Dec 31, 2012
Anyone here ever heard of Ese Peters?
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 9:13am On Dec 31, 2012
U guys have really done .

But nobody mention fall out boy's - beat it. They did that song beat than the king himself (Michael Jackson).
And there's Metro station's shake it.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 31, 2012
Seriously, I don't see One Republic as rock band. They look more of pop than rock to me.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Emmajide(f): 5:10pm On Dec 31, 2012
CASTING CROWNS,CHRIS TOMLIN,franklin edwards,delirious,maroon 5 and others
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by mrmofasa(m): 7:21pm On Dec 31, 2012
DaVinChiSam:

Not really... It's difficult choosing five out of the lot but since you want to know I'd use my most played list, presentin the 5most played this year

1. Hemorrhage by FueL
2. Never Say Never by The Fray
3. If everyone Cared by Nickelback
4. My heart is broken by Evanescense
5. Lost by Avenged Sevenfold

These are by no way my most favorite but since I can't choose only 5 I'm using my most played playlist

See, it wasn't that difficult.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by mrmofasa(m): 7:30pm On Dec 31, 2012
all4naija: Seriously, I don't see One Republic as rock band. They look more of pop than rock to me.

Actually, they sing Pop Rock/Alternative, i think.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by mrmofasa(m): 7:32pm On Dec 31, 2012
ikhane: Anyone here ever heard of Ese Peters?

I have heard the name and one single. Sounded promising and i'd like to hear more.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by DaVinChiSam(m): 12:59pm On Jan 01, 2013
mrmofasa:

See, it wasn't that difficult.

Lol your wahala too much joor

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

List Of Radio Stations In Nigeria / Fireboy's Album Listening Party: Wizkid, Phyno, Olamide Spotted (Photos, Video) / Tinubu’s Radio Continental Changes Name To Max Fm (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.