Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,460 members, 7,819,677 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? - Music/Radio (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? (42360 Views)

NEW MUSIC: "What A Bang Bang" -omawumi Ft 2face / Rock Music Is Satanic? / Future Of Rock Music In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 10:24am On Dec 04, 2013
flinton: Down wif coldplay
Coldplay is damned cool!
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Frankloon(m): 2:16pm On Dec 04, 2013
coldplay is one of the greatest bands in recent time, having total album sales of over 50 million. more like a modern day u2. my fav from the band is 'clocks'. a lot of people prefer 'fix you' and 'yellow'. with the band still having a lot of number 1 hits. to me their best album will be 'a rush of blood to the head'.
love every track on it...

2 Likes

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by mrmofasa(m): 7:34pm On Dec 04, 2013
Lately, I've been listening to indie rock group- Imagine Dragons

They are awesome.

1 Like

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by dannie04: 12:21am On Dec 05, 2013
it depends on my mood but bands like daughtry,the script,All American rejects,Nickleback and the fray would be good enough for any mood
the fray rocks for me when reading or coding.
I once tried coding while listening to the creed weathered album Omo my head started 'hottin' had to quickly switch to another after taking paraceutamol.
other bands that I like includes 3doors down,boys like girls,theory of a dead man,maroon five, Sara bareilies,avril lavigne,p!nk,switchfoot and coldplay.
sometimes I wish there could be a rock concert here in Lagos .

1 Like

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Ellylace(f): 10:33am On Dec 05, 2013
dannie04: it depends on my mood but bands like daughtry,the script,All American rejects,Nickleback and the fray would be good enough for any mood
the fray rocks for me when reading or coding.
I once tried coding while listening to the creed weathered album Omo my head started 'hottin' had to quickly switch to another after taking paraceutamol.
other bands that I like includes 3doors down,boys like girls,theory of a dead man,maroon five, Sara bareilies,avril lavigne,p!nk,switchfoot and coldplay.
sometimes I wish there could be a rock concert here in Lagos .
That would be d day!! cheesy
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Frankloon(m): 10:33am On Dec 06, 2013
hav u tried breaking benjamin while studying. works too well for me, i get clarity on everything. also the fray, dashboard confessionals, ingrid michaelson, our lady peace,chevelle, coheed and cambria,one republic(genreless) and +44

1 Like

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by mrmofasa(m): 7:46pm On Dec 07, 2013
Frankloon: hav u tried breaking benjamin while studying. works too well for me, i get clarity on everything. also the fray, dashboard confessionals, ingrid michaelson, our lady peace,chevelle, coheed and cambria,one republic(genreless) and +44
Breaking Benjamin gives me a headache, no matter when I listen to them.

Ingrid Michelson is just a sweet girl. Listening to her gets me very high.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by 4C2215131: 8:20pm On Dec 07, 2013
The Rasmus (No Fear),now that's a hit right there. The Katinas,Third Day,Bon Jovi,Scorpions (Always Somewhere),Creed(Time),Saliva,Fuel,Nickleback,Breaking Benjamins (Dear Agony),Staind (Fade),David Cook,Matchbox Twenty e.t.c.

Nice music genre (if you can stomach the Heavy Metal and Death Metal groups). Pay heed to the lyrics though as some of the lyrics of these acts are downright nihilistic with a lot of occult overtones. Shouldn't be a bother if you are the kind that just 'rides the rhythm'.

1 Like

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Fourcade(m): 3:01am On Dec 08, 2013
Frankloon: hav u tried breaking benjamin while studying. works too well for me, i get clarity on everything. also the fray, dashboard confessionals, ingrid michaelson, our lady peace,chevelle, coheed and cambria,one republic(genreless) and +44
Include Staind and Lifehouse cheesy.They are cool bands you can listen to while studying... cheesy
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Dec 09, 2013
Fourcade:
Include Staind and Lifehouse cheesy.They are cool bands you can listen to while studying... cheesy
Is lifehouse actually a metal rock band as such? I would rather listen to Brit's Skunk Anansie as a rock group than lifehouse. I don't know why maybe I am just in love with rock musicians who scream out loud a lot and display some disturbing behaviors in their songs.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Fourcade(m): 1:32am On Dec 10, 2013
all4naija: Is lifehouse actually a metal rock band as such? I would rather listen to Brit's Skunk Anansie as a rock group than lifehouse. I don't know why maybe I am just in love with rock musicians who scream out loud a lot and display some disturbing behaviors in their songs.

Why would you compare them with another band if you haven't listened to their songs? undecided

Their genre is Alternative Rock/Pop Rock.You could place them with other bands such as 3 Doors Down,The Fray,Daughtry grin,Hinder and One Replubic grin

I have all of their albums.I don't know which to recommend to you. undecided

Check out these ones from them: All in,First Time,Come Back Down,Blind,Everything,Whatever it takes,Simon,Sick Cycle Carousel and Breathing.

smiley
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 1:54am On Dec 10, 2013
Fourcade:

Why would you compare them with another band if you haven't listened to their songs? undecided

Their genre is Alternative Rock/Pop Rock.You could place them with other bands such as 3 Doors Down,The Fray,Daughtry grin,Hinder and One Replubic grin

I have all of their albums.I don't know which to recommend to you. undecided

Check out these ones from them: All in,First Time,Come Back Down,Blind,Everything,Whatever it takes,Simon,Sick Cycle Carousel and Breathing.

smiley

Yes, I would!I have listened to one of their tracks before and I didn't find it to be my kind of classification of rock music, that I would enjoy.I see rock music from the metal/hard rock perspective.Not those listed in your comment who are more like the romantic songs of the sixties. Bwahaha... You don't have to blame me for that because my view of rock music is just basically from the hard rocks!

It is good to know you have all their albums. However, I would like your recommendation but I just don't like so much soft rock music in those forms, the alternative and the pop rocks.

Thank you.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Fourcade(m): 9:17am On Dec 10, 2013
all4naija:

Yes, I would!I have listened to one of their tracks before and I didn't find it to be my kind of classification of rock music, that I would enjoy.I see rock music from the metal/hard rock perspective.Not those listed in your comment who are more like the romantic songs of the sixties. Bwahaha... You don't have to blame me for that because my view of rock music is just basically from the hard rocks!

It is good to know you have all their albums. However, I would like your recommendation but I just don't like so much soft rock music in those forms, the alternative and the pop rocks.

Thank you.

You are welcome. cool

I think i misunderstood your comment.Thought you meant you didnt love songs with screamo and disturbing behaviors in their videos.smiley grin My bad!

You mentioned you love Creed/ Alter Bridge and Coldplay.I think some of their songs are Alternative Rock/Metal cool.Well,we all can't love all the bands out there!

I listen to all genres of Rock brodamus.It justs depends on my mood,i can't be listening to hard rock/Alternative Metal/hardcore punk while studying or taking a nap.

I've checked out Skunk Anansie band.I didn't know about it.Downloading their top 5 songs now.Kinda love their 'Weak' track already cool.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Fourcade(m): 10:18am On Dec 10, 2013
@All4naija

I'll give skunk anansie time to grow in me,just normal tracks like others.
Just added another female lead singer to my list. cheesy
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Dec 10, 2013
Fourcade: @All4naija

I'll give skunk anansie time to grow in me,just normal tracks like others.
Just added another female lead singer to my list. cheesy

Bwahaha... You are very funny,dude. Neither do I go gaga for Skunk Anansie. I said that to make you understand my kind of rock genre. However, you might want to listen to SUM 42(Canadian - one of my favorites),Red Hot Chili Peppers, Damned Yankees, Black Sabbath, Bon Jovi, etc.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Fourcade(m): 5:49pm On Dec 11, 2013
^^^This your laugh ehn grin

Well i have Sum 42 and Red Hot Chili Peppers in my list. cheesy
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by pkasso(m): 1:34am On Dec 13, 2013
I'm loving Bastille and Imagine Dragons(even though they are not your everyday rock band) at the moment.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Fourcade(m): 7:09am On Dec 13, 2013
^Came across Imagine dragons in PES 2012 -Top of the world.

Cool band cool
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by pkasso(m): 9:21am On Dec 13, 2013
Fourcade: ^Came across Imagine dragons in PES 2012 -Top of the world.

Cool band cool
Yeah! i remember too.You should listen to their newest single 'Demons'.'Radioactive' is not bad either
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by mrmofasa(m): 2:53pm On Dec 14, 2013
p_kasso: Yeah! i remember too.You should listen to their newest single 'Demons'.'Radioactive' is not bad either
You guys should just get the whole Imagine Dragons album. It sure rocks.

Hard as I tried, i have no love for Red Hot Chili Peppers. They do not appeal to me at all.

Staind and The Script is also good. A colleague introduced me to indie rock- The Killers, Jack's Mannequin, Feist etc and I have been enjoying them. Ah. . .are there any Muse and Fun. fans in here? Those guys are cool.
Muse have turned rock music into art with the way they fuse all kind of rock genres.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 1:08am On Dec 15, 2013
Fourcade: ^^^This your laugh ehn grin

Well i have Sum 42 and Red Hot Chili Peppers in my list. cheesy

Lol... To laugh has become one of my usual habits in this forum ! Hahaha... I can't just help it!

What's your SUM 42 favorite track?

Thank you.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Fourcade(m): 10:14am On Dec 15, 2013
all4naija:
Lol... To laugh has become one of my usual habits in this forum ! Hahaha... I can't just help it!

What's your SUM 42 favorite track?

Thank you.

embarassed

Na Simple Plan i get...that was an error on my part.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Fourcade(m): 10:16am On Dec 15, 2013
p_kasso: Yeah! i remember too.You should listen to their newest single 'Demons'.'Radioactive' is not bad either

That's it.
Radioactive and Top of the world.I will download more later. cheesy
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 10:20am On Dec 15, 2013
mrmofasa:

Hard as I tried, i have no love for Red Hot Chili Peppers. They do not appeal to me at all.

Staind and The Script is also good. A colleague introduced me to indie rock- The Killers, Jack's Mannequin, Feist etc and I have been enjoying them. Ah. . .are there any Muse and Fun. fans in here? Those guys are cool.
Muse have turned rock music into art with the way they fuse all kind of rock genres.

I agree with you that not everybody likes Red Hot Chili Peppers. They are more or less old funk rock group. I think they need to up their style and come up with new tracks despite my love for their music and personalities.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Frankloon(m): 11:03pm On Dec 15, 2013
mrmofasa:

red hot chilli pepper's 'californication' and 'by the way' album are really good. others are funky and rap which sounds so old and gross.
currently using one of their songs 'otherside' as my ringtone from the californication album
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Fourcade(m): 11:25pm On Dec 15, 2013
^Otherside remains my best RHCP!
The Official video is very funny.that's one thing i love about them.Unique videos with crazy concepts. cheesy
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Frankloon(m): 2:36pm On Dec 16, 2013
Fourcade: ^Otherside remains my best RHCP!
The Official video is very funny.that's one thing i love about them.Unique videos with crazy concepts. cheesy
How long how long will I slide
Separate my side I don't
I don't believe it's bad
Slit my throat
It's all I ever
currently stuck in my head *otherside*
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Firebomb: 9:51am On Dec 17, 2013
Evanescence is out of this world...

2 Likes

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by elsinkee(m): 4:57pm On Dec 20, 2013
Best band for now. Lifehouse.

My Last.FM info.
I'm into rock, indie, alternative, pop and british, including:
Lifehouse, Imagine Dragons, Bastille, Coldplay, Hinder, The Script, Daughtry, Fall Out Boy, 3 Doors Down, Staind, OneRepublic, Avril Lavigne, The Fray, Maroon 5, Of Monsters and Men, Nickelback, Hillsong United, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Theory of a Deadman, The Maine, Shinedown, Hillsong, Snow Patrol, Linkin Park,Train, Hoobastank, Default, Green Day, Creed, O.A.R. Mayday Parade, Seether, Red, Kutless, Puddle of Mudd, 12 Stones, Tree63, Paramore, Foo Fighters, Saving Abel, The All-American Rejects etc.

;-)

*modified*
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Dec 20, 2013
el_sinkee: Best band for now. Lifehouse.

My Last.FM info.
Lifehouse, Imagine Dragons, Bastille, Coldplay, Westlife, Hinder, The Script, Daughtry, Fall Out Boy, 3 Doors Down, Staind, Hurts, OneRepublic, Justin Timberlake, Owl City, Florence + the Machine, Taylor Swift, Eminem, Avril Lavigne, Backstreet Boys, Bruno Mars, Don Moen, The Fray, Maroon 5, Of Monsters and Men, The Wanted, Nickelback, One Direction, Hillsong United, Rihanna, Chris Brown, The Corrs, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Theory of a Deadman, The Maine, P!nk, 2face Idibia, Olly Murs, David Guetta, Katy Perry, Shinedown, Hillsong, Leona Lewis, Lana Del Rey, P-Square, Olamide, Jason DerĂ¼lo, Snow Patrol, Linkin Park, World Of Worship.

;-)
Your list is boring. It is clear most of them aren't rock artistes.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by elsinkee(m): 8:43pm On Dec 20, 2013
all4naija: Your list boring. It is clear most of them aren't rock artistes.

grin Well, most of them are.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Frankloon(m): 1:30pm On Dec 21, 2013
el_sinkee: Best band for now. Lifehouse.

My Last.FM info.
Lifehouse, Imagine Dragons, Bastille, Coldplay, Hinder, The Script, Daughtry, Fall Out Boy, 3 Doors Down, Staind, OneRepublic, Avril Lavigne, The Fray, Maroon 5, Of Monsters and Men, Nickelback, Hillsong United, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Theory of a Deadman, The Maine, Shinedown, Hillsong, Snow Patrol, Linkin Park,Train, Hoobastank, Default, Green Day, Creed, O.A.R. Mayday Parade, Seether, Red, Kutless, Puddle of Mudd, 12 Stones, Tree63, Paramore, Foo Fighters, Saving Abel, The All-American Rejects etc.

;-)
u sure must enjoy easy listening.
cool list, most of it is not rock.
u dig punk/ metal at all?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply)

Mafa Mafa: Davido & His Crew Release Legwork Dance Steps For His New Song / List Of Radio Stations In Nigeria / Fireboy's Album Listening Party: Wizkid, Phyno, Olamide Spotted (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.