Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,981 members, 7,814,335 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

Are Nigerian Women That Bad, Or Are You Guys Just Exaggerating? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are Nigerian Women That Bad, Or Are You Guys Just Exaggerating? (1469 Views)

Why Are Nigerian Men Crazy About Big Butts? / Married Women That Apply Heavy Make-up And Dress Indecently. What For? / Are All Guys Just After Se X? Read! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Nigerian Women That Bad, Or Are You Guys Just Exaggerating? by True2myself24(f): 5:13am On Dec 08, 2012
Re: Are Nigerian Women That Bad, Or Are You Guys Just Exaggerating? by Mynd44: 5:31am On Dec 08, 2012
It is all jokes. If you wanna study people, you will need to meet them in person
Re: Are Nigerian Women That Bad, Or Are You Guys Just Exaggerating? by True2myself24(f): 5:36am On Dec 08, 2012
Mynd_44: It is all jokes. If you wanna study people, you will need to meet them in person

I really hope it is then.
Re: Are Nigerian Women That Bad, Or Are You Guys Just Exaggerating? by Mynd44: 5:56am On Dec 08, 2012
True2myself24:

I really hope it is then.
Yeah
Re: Are Nigerian Women That Bad, Or Are You Guys Just Exaggerating? by mojounited(m): 6:26am On Dec 08, 2012
@OP, This reminds me of Chimamanda Adicie's talk on: "The Danger of a Single Story". More often than not, these allegations/rumours about Nigerian women on NL are just stereotypes - granted that some may be true, it robs one of dignity to come up with outright generalisation about our women.

In order not to become a victim of this single story, one must also put certain aspects into perspective, as aforementioned in your post.
#Economic Situation being the key; results to improper education or lack of it, no jobs/financial distress, etc. As fingers are not all equal, so are humans...and so situations do arise whereby some women need favours from men - as a guy, you simply oblige or tell her to funck ke yo!

Nigerian girls/ladies/women actually have many nice attributes; they're charming, show lotza care and understanding save you're just a jerk. Their formingz na die, but that's part of the chase and makes the game even more exciting wink Therefore, all of these stories (good and bad) make our women who/what they are...but "dwelling only on these negative stories is to flatten their experience and overlook other good attributes that completely formed them". About distrust and cheating/being unfaithful, that's definitely an individual thing for all women (and men), not just naija women... After all, dog na still 404 any day.

PS - It would be just as harsh not to point out the fact that some Nigerian men have their negatives as well; unfaithfulness, sham/green card marriages, sugar mummy ish, et al.

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Women That Bad, Or Are You Guys Just Exaggerating? by Nobody: 6:31am On Dec 08, 2012
If Nigerian women were "that bad" the vast majority of Nigerian men would not be dating or marrying them.

Ditto for the Ghanaians, Togolese, Arabs, Americans, and so forth who are also dating and marrying them.

Enjoy your relationship and worry less about how other Nigerian women are doing.
Re: Are Nigerian Women That Bad, Or Are You Guys Just Exaggerating? by 190theclown: 6:33am On Dec 08, 2012
Yawns
Re: Are Nigerian Women That Bad, Or Are You Guys Just Exaggerating? by pleep(m): 7:12am On Dec 08, 2012
I think they are. Just based on the interactions i've had with them on this website.
Re: Are Nigerian Women That Bad, Or Are You Guys Just Exaggerating? by Mannylex(m): 7:48am On Dec 08, 2012
95% of Nigerian women are bad. Most of what is said on nairaland is true.

3 Likes

Re: Are Nigerian Women That Bad, Or Are You Guys Just Exaggerating? by Mynd44: 7:52am On Dec 08, 2012
Mannylex: 95% of Nigerian women are bad. Most of what is said on nairaland is true.

Silly news
Re: Are Nigerian Women That Bad, Or Are You Guys Just Exaggerating? by vivianc(f): 7:59am On Dec 08, 2012
Guys are just exaggerating.
Re: Are Nigerian Women That Bad, Or Are You Guys Just Exaggerating? by Caseless: 8:51am On Dec 08, 2012
I can't say all of them are bad cos my mama dey dere, my sister dey dere, my wife dey dere, my auntie dey dere, so the question is, if they are all bad...then who are these people to me?

I know the bad ones when i meet them. E be like say true2myself24 na bad nigerian woman...she opened a thread with a DOT.....u get AGRAPHIA?
Re: Are Nigerian Women That Bad, Or Are You Guys Just Exaggerating? by Nobody: 9:49am On Dec 08, 2012
I think they exaggerate everything... A lot of nigerian men (I didn't say all) have managed to create a really bad name for themselves on this planet and as a result of this they take out their frustrations on their women...many nigerian woman who marry non-nigerian men are usually welcomed in the man's home wit open arms, nigerian men marrying non-nigerian women on the other hand is a different story. I don't think nigerian women are as bad as their man claim them to be because the 'bad image' of nigerians that we all know worldwide was created by the man

2 Likes

Re: Are Nigerian Women That Bad, Or Are You Guys Just Exaggerating? by Dreystar(f): 10:15am On Dec 08, 2012
Mannylex: 95% of Nigerian women are bad.

You need to check the kind of "women" you hang out with. Smh
Re: Are Nigerian Women That Bad, Or Are You Guys Just Exaggerating? by Nobody: 10:56am On Dec 08, 2012
They are nt bad,just dat dey always ask for money

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Women That Bad, Or Are You Guys Just Exaggerating? by Nobody: 11:24am On Dec 08, 2012
mondi_cheeks: I think they exaggerate everything... A lot of nigerian men (I didn't say all) have managed to create a really bad name for themselves on this planet and as a result of this they take out their frustrations on their women...many nigerian woman who marry non-nigerian men are usually welcomed in the man's home wit open arms, nigerian men marrying non-nigerian women on the other hand is a different story. I don't think nigerian women are as bad as their man claim them to be because the 'bad image' of nigerians that we all know worldwide was created by the man

good one
Re: Are Nigerian Women That Bad, Or Are You Guys Just Exaggerating? by Mynd44: 11:29am On Dec 08, 2012
Dreystar:

You need to check the kind of "women" you hang out with. Smh
He needs a reality check
Re: Are Nigerian Women That Bad, Or Are You Guys Just Exaggerating? by pleep(m): 11:51am On Dec 08, 2012
mondi_cheeks: I think they exaggerate everything... A lot of nigerian men (I didn't say all) have managed to create a really bad name for themselves on this planet and as a result of this they take out their frustrations on their women...many nigerian woman who marry non-nigerian men are usually welcomed in the man's home wit open arms, nigerian men marrying non-nigerian women on the other hand is a different story. I don't think nigerian women are as bad as their man claim them to be because the 'bad image' of nigerians that we all know worldwide was created by the man
Says the women with 5 bastard kids.

smh
Re: Are Nigerian Women That Bad, Or Are You Guys Just Exaggerating? by claremont(m): 12:50pm On Dec 08, 2012
Good and bad people exist in all cultures.
Re: Are Nigerian Women That Bad, Or Are You Guys Just Exaggerating? by Mynd44: 2:20pm On Dec 08, 2012
claremont: Good and bad people exist in all cultures.
True
Re: Are Nigerian Women That Bad, Or Are You Guys Just Exaggerating? by pleep(m): 3:41pm On Dec 08, 2012
claremont: Good and bad people exist in all cultures.
Mynd_44: True
Is this kindergarten?

When did you guys discover this groundbreaking information?
Re: Are Nigerian Women That Bad, Or Are You Guys Just Exaggerating? by kikuyu1(m): 4:28pm On Dec 08, 2012
Naija women are African women;they know their role and more importantly they accept it. Here in Kenya our females are so confused they actually imagine they can inhabit State House-WTF!! OP,I think you should be specific,maybe a certain subset of your women?
The majority of Kenyan uni women honestly think with this kind of empty shallow attention hoism:
Recently looking for headlines,not relevance she defaulted to type calling for underwear free Africa campaign to be launched last week. Usually when people have nothing to say,they remain quiet and still keep their dignity but this is a reminder not all of us have learned the same life lessons
http://karanjazplace..com/2012/11/what-do-kenyan-women-want.html
Re: Are Nigerian Women That Bad, Or Are You Guys Just Exaggerating? by Samxiulee: 5:09pm On Dec 08, 2012
Op, seriously a good no of them are really bad,I will give it like 80% I was hanging out with some nigerian dudes yesterday,three of them had stories of how they caught their fiancé cheating on them.
If you ve ever date girls from neighboring African countries,then you will understand the difference and why Nigerian men are all complaining.
Re: Are Nigerian Women That Bad, Or Are You Guys Just Exaggerating? by Mynd44: 5:44pm On Dec 08, 2012
pleep: Is this kindergarten?

When did you guys discover this groundbreaking information?
Clap for pleep, the most intelligent person on Nairaland.

Smh
Re: Are Nigerian Women That Bad, Or Are You Guys Just Exaggerating? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 08, 2012
pleep: Says the women with 5 bastard kids.

smh
it will still remain the truth regardless smiley lmao u nd ur 5 children
Re: Are Nigerian Women That Bad, Or Are You Guys Just Exaggerating? by Mannylex(m): 10:45am On Dec 09, 2012
Mynd_44:

Silly news

Dude, get a life, and get of my case.
Re: Are Nigerian Women That Bad, Or Are You Guys Just Exaggerating? by Mynd44: 10:50am On Dec 09, 2012
Mannylex:

Dude, get a life, and get of my case.
did I strike a nerve?

(1) (Reply)

Can I Get A Husband Online? / Ladies: What Would You Do If Ou Were This Bride? / When Is The Right Time To Introduce Your Boyfriend/girlfriend To Your Parents?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.