Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,008 members, 7,956,735 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:47 PM

Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade (12482 Views)

Amaechi Approves Commencement Of Port Harcourt-Aba Mass Transit Train Service / Osun Government Provides Free Train Service For Sallah / Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by omayyi: 8:11am On Dec 09, 2012
born2fuck: who cares about who try to survive in lion dem, you people have killed them finish
the problem with most of u ignorant folks is that u think the average northerner trying to make a daily living is the boko haram. This BH is mystery to some of them just much as it is to u...and sadly quite a number of them have actually fallen victim to this terror.
Oh well...

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by Demdem(m): 8:12am On Dec 09, 2012
Dis Guy:

Lagos-Kano To take of in June 2012

The Ministry of Transport has disclosed that rail transport from Lagos to Kano will commence fully by the end of June, and that the Onitsha river port will also be commissioned soon.

This was made known at a two-day forum in Lagos organised by the Ministry of Trade and Investment for industry stakeholders in the country to enhance growth and productivity in the sector.

The disclosure was made by the Permanent Secretary in the Transport Ministry, Mr Nebolisa Emodi, who represented the Minister of Transport, Mr Idris Umar, at the forum.

Lagos-Kano ready Before August

Managing Director of the Nigerian Railway Corporation, Mr. Adeseyi Sijuwade, said on Wednesday in Lagos the Lagos-Kano train service would be restored before the end of July.

Sijuwade told the News Agency of Nigeria that although the commencement of the Lagos-Kano train service had been postponed twice, “it would surely be restored this July”.

He said, “The railway engineers have just returned from the final inspection of the tracks; our contractors are now working on the minor adjustments recommended by the engineers.

“We are going to begin trial runs very soon, and most likely, full restoration of train services between Lagos and Kano before the end of this month—July 2012.”

The wise will wait till when trains start moving for at least a month before attributing any success to the retardeen. We have been here Before.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by tayoccu(m): 8:12am On Dec 09, 2012
eldoradoxx: Mr negative Nigerian, 3 weeks ago, Federal Executive Council approved the purchase of modern trains to ply the newly constructed route. The minister for transport said the trains to be acquired have the speed capacity of making Lagos from Abuja in 3hours with 5 stops. I think we should try and give this govt some little credit where it is trying even if its small, we are just extremely negative in this country and I hate that.

eldoradoxx: I don't ve the link, I watched the press briefing by the Transport Minister after the end of Federal Executive Council meeting 3 weeks back. The trains are modern and coming in from China and cost us billions of naira, so why should we remain this negative.

You do not have any evidence, yet you tackled someone speaking the truth? SMHFY!
Dis Guy:

Lagos-Kano To take of in June 2012

The Ministry of Transport has disclosed that rail transport from Lagos to Kano will commence fully by the end of June, and that the Onitsha river port will also be commissioned soon.

This was made known at a two-day forum in Lagos organised by the Ministry of Trade and Investment for industry stakeholders in the country to enhance growth and productivity in the sector.

The disclosure was made by the Permanent Secretary in the Transport Ministry, Mr Nebolisa Emodi, who represented the Minister of Transport, Mr Idris Umar, at the forum.

Lagos-Kano ready Before August

Managing Director of the Nigerian Railway Corporation, Mr. Adeseyi Sijuwade, said on Wednesday in Lagos the Lagos-Kano train service would be restored before the end of July.

Sijuwade told the News Agency of Nigeria that although the commencement of the Lagos-Kano train service had been postponed twice, “it would surely be restored this July”.

He said, “The railway engineers have just returned from the final inspection of the tracks; our contractors are now working on the minor adjustments recommended by the engineers.

“We are going to begin trial runs very soon, and most likely, full restoration of train services between Lagos and Kano before the end of this month—July 2012.”
God bless you.
Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by losak9111(m): 8:13am On Dec 09, 2012
Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by eldoradoxx: 8:31am On Dec 09, 2012
tayoccu:

You do not have any evidence, yet you tackled someone speaking the truth? SMHFY!

God bless you.
You are very funny my dear. So you are relying on a pre-June 2012 information to dispute a November 2012 briefing at FEC meeting by the minister himself. What a retrogressive analysis. The current info is what I gave, source is reports on local news channels on outcome of weekly FEC meeting, the link I can't post here. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by obrut(m): 8:43am On Dec 09, 2012
I honestly don't think dis is d best time to open such a route. It will mak d movement of arms &ammunitions to lagos easier & could make d threat of those BKH boys more real

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by aurenflani: 8:50am On Dec 09, 2012
Mathew joseph: Hmmm,boko haram next target will b lasgidi.train frm kano 2 lag?well i trust Opc.otumokpo nd comfirm juju yapa.make dem carry their stinking nd dirty almajiris unclean nyash enta west,na finish we go finish dem shikena,ma pipul d train stuff go start december 20.make una shine eyes o!

Almajiri may be many things but unclean nyansh? I say if that is supposed to be ridicule, then the laugh my friend is on you. If you cleaned your own nyansh the way you people do - as I know you to do then you must be woefully foolish to have written what you wrote against the almajiri's nyansh.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by tayoccu(m): 9:32am On Dec 09, 2012
eldoradoxx: You are very funny my dear. So you are relying on a pre-June 2012 information to dispute a November 2012 briefing at FEC meeting by the minister himself. What a retrogressive analysis. The current info is what I gave, source is reports on local news channels on outcome of weekly FEC meeting, the link I can't post here. Thanks

Dear friend have you travelled by rail in the last 2 weeks? Have you been within 6ft of a train station in the last 1 year?
I travel often by rain (lagos-Ilorin) and I have more info than you do about this issue.
The situation hasn't really changed from what it was in june, so if you want to believe the recycled lie, its your cup of tea.
Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by thelastPope(m): 10:07am On Dec 09, 2012
ACN supporters on NL like kobojunkie, demdem, dayokano, etc, all suffer from a "bring him down since he is not our own" syndrome. So don't bother to expect anything good from them and they really do not matter. They are absolutely inconsequential to Nigeria's future. They do not vote. They are just Asiwaju boys and girls club members who get occasional dole outs from the jagaba of isaleko!

The progress being made by the FG are commendable albeit, more is expected. The shift of take off dates is a result of the usual slow pace of our contractors here in Naija. I was glad when I recently passed the Benin-Ore road and saw it was nearing full completion. I was not too happy with the contractor's pace. The president can only do so much. We need a true change of heart from every Nigerian to try and at least do their part! I was very happy when the bicourtney Lagos-Ibadan freak show was recently cancelled. We have people at every level in Nigeria, trying to sabotage progress. It is so sad.

The facts are that GEJ has embarked on massive rehabilitation and expasion of the entire rail system. These kind of projects takes years to complete so anyone criticising is doing so in bad fate! Many of the FG's projects will come onstream 2013. The Abuja-Kaduna track is lovely. The Abuja interstate track is also lovely. The Lagos-Kano track actually connects thru enugu, PH, Benue. All that is needed are more coaches.

Those talking about BH are either diplaying their ignorance or unleashing their bad belle! It is easier to bring in bombs by road. There are no policemen on the road again. The train stations on the other hand have security in place. If BH want to come to Lagos by road, nothing will stop them and it will be cheaper and easier. It is sad that the south west ACN gang want us to always be sad in Nigeria. They obviously hate progress of other parts of the country. the good news is, they are inconsequential! We simply ignore their stvpidity and bitterness! Lol

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by Desola(f): 10:13am On Dec 09, 2012
thelastPope: ACN supporters on NL like kobojunkie and demdem and dayokano all suffer from a "bring him down since he is not our own" syndrome. So don't bother to hear anything good from them and they really do no matter. They are absolutely inconsequential to Nigeria's future. They do not vote. They are just Asiwaju boys and girls club members who get occasional dole outs from the jagaba of isaleko!

The progress being made by the FG are commendable albeit, more is expected. The shift of take off dates is a result of the usual slow pace of our contractors here in Naija. I was glad when I recently passed the Benin-Ore road and saw it was nearing full completion. I was not too happy with the contractor's pace. The president can only do so much. We need a true change of heart from every Nigerian to try and at least do their part! I was very happy when the bicourtney Lagos-Ibadan freak show was recently cancelled. We have people at every level in Nigeria, trying to sabotage progress. It is so sad.

The fact are that GEJ has embarked on massive rehabilitation and expasion of the entire rail system. These kind of projects takes years to complete so anyone criticising is doing so in bad fate! Many of the FG's projects will come onstream 2013. The Abuja-Kaduna track is lovely. The Abuja interstate track is also lovely. The Lagos-Kano track actually connects thru enugu, PH, Benue. All that is needed are more coaches.

Those talking about BH are either diplaying their ignorance or unleashing their bad belle! It is easier to bring in bombs by road. There are no policemen on the road again. The train stations on the other hand have security in place. If BH want to come to Lagos by road, nothing will stop them and it will be cheaper and easier. It is sad that the south west ACN gang want us to always be sad in Nigeria. They obviously hate progress of other parts of the country. the good news is, they are inconsequential! We simply ignore their stvpidity and bitterness! Lol

STORY!!

Security no dey stations when terrorists bombed the underground in London in 2005?

Abeg comot jo! The fear of Boko Haram is the beginning of wisdom. Anyone who values his life should never board that train! Otan!
Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by taharqa: 10:21am On Dec 09, 2012
Kitomania: @ Born2f**k and Lobotinti
Why do u hate Hausa people we are humans like u .... every person has weakness if one or two had done some bad things why condemn us all... Remember this some of us School togather, aluta together, serviced together, club together and sometimes eat together.... all those u no talk na now u dey abuse us like say we fall from de sky.... what of d Aboki u dey call us "Are we not Friends again Guys ?"
Me 'like' and ENDORSE
Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by thelastPope(m): 10:27am On Dec 09, 2012
Desola:

STORY!!

Security no dey stations when terrorists bombed the underground in London in 2005?

Abeg comot jo! The fear of Boko Haram is the beginning of wisdom. Anyone who values his life should never board that train! Otan!

So BH cannot bring bombs by road? Or they cannot bomb buses from Ilorin to Lagos? I don't know which one is more. Your ignorance, f00lishness or bad belle? Get a life joor!
Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by Demdem(m): 10:30am On Dec 09, 2012
thelastPope: ACN supporters on NL like kobojunkie, demdem, dayokano, etc, all suffer from a "bring him down since he is not our own" syndrome. So don't bother to hear anything good from them and they really do not matter.

lostpope, whats wrong in being cautious this time around considering the fact that we have gotten to this stage before. I think u are just being dumb.

Demdem:

The wise will wait till when trains start moving for at least a month before attributing any success to the retardeen. We have been here Before.
Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by Revolva(m): 10:32am On Dec 09, 2012
tongue lagos to kano by locomotive train :ahahaha yeah na death oo .. Well I no see any reason why I go enter train go north -
I dey wait for lagos metro train ooo
Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by babyboy3(m): 10:35am On Dec 09, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: Majority of the food eaten in Lagos and by extension some other parts of the south, come from the north. The first implication of this development is that it will make movement of food items from the north cheaper and the end user cost of those food items will come down. The bulk of the cost of food items in the south is accounted for by TRANSPORTATION (traders can always confirm this). Therefore, cheaper transport means cheaper food.
Also the train will ease pressure from the roads, making the roads last longer.
Some argue that these trains are old and slow. This is not altogether correct. Some of those trains(especially the long distance ones) have economy and executive/business class(with AC) and can do a speed of 62km per hr. The speed is not fantastic but most middle and low income commuters will chose those trains ahead of buses any day, any time, because of safety and cost.
The BEAUTY of the ongoing transformation in the rail sector is that rehabilitation of the old tracks did not stop construction of NEW FAST tracks like the Abuja-Kaduna and Lagos-Ibadan-Abuja standard rail line currently ongoing. The FANTASTIC thing about the govt of GEJ is there are no POLITICAL PROJECTS.
May also use this opportunity to commend the minister of transport and the head of NRC, both of whom have been doing a fantastic job in the railway sector.

How many carriages the train would use that it would be used to ferry food products from north to south, the last time I checked its not a cargo train but a passenger train
Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by Desola(f): 10:36am On Dec 09, 2012
thelastPope:

So BH cannot bring bombs by road? Or they cannot bomb buses from Ilorin to Lagos? I don't know which one is more. Your ignorance, f00lishness or bad belle? Get a life joor!

the collateral damage on buses would be a trickle compared to the ocean that would be witnessed on the train.
Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by tafiya: 10:40am On Dec 09, 2012
demelza: While this is a good development, I don't think many Lagosians would be keen on going to Kano.
U know na..... Boko tinz
Guy you must be living on the moon..come down and face reality!
Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by taharqa: 10:40am On Dec 09, 2012
baby-boy:

How many carriages the train would use that it would be used to ferry food products from north to south, the last time I checked its not a cargo train but a passenger train
plz u guys shld know what you are saying b4 actuali saying dem in public....
Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by thelastPope(m): 10:42am On Dec 09, 2012
Demdem:

lostpope, whats wrong in being cautious this time around considering the fact that we have gotten to this stage before. I think u are just being dumb.

Who needs your "attribution of success" whatever that means? You are inconsequential! You are just an unknown pseudo name here on NL. For all we know, you could just be a one-eyed cripple selling adire at isaleko! Lol. You have a skewed delusional self worth! GEJ will be judged and rightly so, by 2015. If he passes or fails, it will be obvious to all! Your 1 penny rants and name calling here on NL won't change that. Don't be fooled by the over 900, 000 users shown on NL frontpage o! You probably have 22 names out of that number so do the math! Lol.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by abysirius(m): 10:46am On Dec 09, 2012
This really is a nice development. An inter-modal transport system is wat we need in Nigeria and I think this a very lovely way to start. I don't av a map here ..could any1 help us with information on stations between these 2 points?
Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by thelastPope(m): 10:46am On Dec 09, 2012
Desola:

the collateral damage on buses would be a trickle compared to the ocean that would be witnessed on the train.

Stop displaying your ignorance! If BH wanted to come down south since, they would have and nothing would stop them. They have been known to have bases in kogi and kwara! Coming down south is obviously counter productive to their goals. Is Lagos secured? Please educate yourself and stop echoing your stale ACN propaganda lines. We have heard all those before!
Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by abysirius(m): 10:47am On Dec 09, 2012
This really is a nice development. An inter-modal transport system is wat we need in Nigeria and I think this a very lovely way to start. I don't av a map here ..could any1 help us with information on stations between these 2 points?
Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by Desola(f): 10:48am On Dec 09, 2012
thelastPope:

Who needs your "attribution of success" whatever that means? You are inconsequential! You are just an unknown pseudo name here on NL. For all we know, you could just be a one-eyed cripple selling adire at isaleko! Lol. You have a skewed delusional self worth! GEJ will be judge and rightly so, by 2015. If he passes or fails, it will be obvious to all! Your 1 penny rants and name calling here on NL won't change that. Don't be fooled by the over 900, 000 users shown on NL frontpage o! You probably have 22 names out of that number so do the math! Lol.

speculations lo ba de!
Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by Desola(f): 10:50am On Dec 09, 2012
thelastPope:

Stop displaying your ignorance! If BH wanted to come down south since, they would have and nothing would stop them. That have been known to have bases in kogi and kwara! Coming down south is obviously counter productive to their goals. Is Lagos secured? Please educate yourself and stop echoing your stale ACN propaganda lines. We have heard all those before!

sorry, I don't quite get your argument here. Is it that Lagos is not secure or that the boko boys cannot bomb the train just because they are yet to carry out a test run on the buses?
Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by abysirius(m): 11:03am On Dec 09, 2012
baby-boy:

Carriages ...? I don't get that! Did u mean coaches?
Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by babyboy3(m): 11:11am On Dec 09, 2012
abysirius: Carriages ...? I don't get that! Did u mean coaches?

Its the same thing
Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by thelastPope(m): 11:17am On Dec 09, 2012
Desola:

sorry, I don't quite get your argument here. Is it that Lagos is not secure or that the boko boys cannot bomb the train just because they are yet to carry out a test run on the buses?

My argument or your argument? You are the one alluding and prophesyingthey will bomb trains. Or have you had one-on-one meetings with them lately? Please let us in on their plans oh! Thank you!
Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by abdulkayus(m): 11:20am On Dec 09, 2012
Desola:

desola u are jus beatin around d bush. If BH wan to come down to south, even witout train dey will. Its jus dat its counter productive for dem to com to south and i pray dey shld nt even try it. Train or no train, dat dont stop movement of arms, ammunition and terrorists frm one region of 9ja to anoda.
All of u hatin north and sayin u will never com to north, hmmmm, i laff in Ijaw, come up to north and c millions of Yorubas and Igbos earnin their living there. There is no place in 9ja dat dont hav a challenge. Live dont begin and end in Lagos, am also a southerner who has been in d north for d past 20 years.
CIAO
Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by deywarley(m): 11:47am On Dec 09, 2012
Kitomania: @ Born2f**k and Lobotinti
Why do u hate Hausa people we are humans like u .... every person has weakness if one or two had done some bad things why condemn us all... Remember this some of us School togather, aluta together, serviced together, club together and sometimes eat together.... all those u no talk na now u dey abuse us like say we fall from de sky.... what of d Aboki u dey call us "Are we not Friends again Guys ?"
True talk
Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by Demdem(m): 12:11pm On Dec 09, 2012
thelastPope:

[s]Who needs your "attribution of success" whatever that means? You are inconsequential! You are just an unknown pseudo name here on NL. For all we know, you could just be a one-eyed cripple selling adire at isaleko! Lol. You have a skewed delusional self worth! GEJ will be judged and rightly so, by 2015. If he passes or fails, it will be obvious to all! Your 1 penny rants and name calling here on NL won't change that. Don't be fooled by the over 900, 000 users shown on NL frontpage o! You probably have 22 names out of that number so do the math! Lol.[/s]

The normal zero sense crap oozing out from ur skull. So u think in ur dumb state u are consequential right simply because u constantly suck the retardeen's dicck grin grin grin
what a joke u are grin grin

Again i state:

Demdem:

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by tayoccu(m): 12:17pm On Dec 09, 2012
Demdem:

The normal zero sense crap oozing out from ur skull. So u think in ur dumb state u are consequential right simply because u constantly suck the retardeen's dicck grin grin grin

Again i state:

Why do I have a feeling you watered down your comment? gringringringrin
Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by thelastPope(m): 12:27pm On Dec 09, 2012
Demdem:

Again i state:

Neither you nor I are consequential. We are both pseudo names on NL! But I do not present myself as a self appointed judge or unknown spokeperson for the masses like you. The only thing that is consequential are the facts on the ground and that fact is that they have announced that trains will soon be running Lagos to Kano. Whether the schedule is delayed or not is another argument! You are nothing in the nothingness of cyberspace! The facts on the ground will be the judge of GEJ come 2015, not your idiotic ACN conjoured, 1 penny rants! You have no knowledge of your street, let alone Nigeria. You can go hug the nearest transmission line for all we care! I wouldn't advise you to do that sha because power is mostly on these days courtesy of GEJ, your president and commander in chief!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ajimobi Flags-off Reactivation Of Oyo-ogbomosho Road Project / Five Useful Idiots And The Spirit Of The Accursed Slave (PART 2) By FFK / How Nec, Newly Formed Eac Would Work Together By Vp Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.