Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,072 members, 7,811,010 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:37 PM

Are Women in the West Happy? Pt 1 - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Are Women in the West Happy? Pt 1 (2876 Views)

What are the Rewards For Muslim Women In Paradise? / The 'Burying' Of Muslim Women in the Modern World / Why Are Women Not Fit To Be Leaders? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Women in the West Happy? Pt 1 by Saluman(m): 9:03pm On Dec 27, 2012
vedaxcool: ^
Live in your ignorance indeed!

Insults?

Why abusive when someone is asking for evidence?
Re: Are Women in the West Happy? Pt 1 by vedaxcool(m): 10:04pm On Dec 27, 2012
grin grin I won't want to believe that you don't know what ignorance means just the same way you failed to understand what peaceful means . . . Anyway carry on living . . .
Re: Are Women in the West Happy? Pt 1 by Saluman(m): 4:58am On Dec 28, 2012
vedaxcool: grin grin I won't want to believe that you don't know what ignorance means just the same way you failed to understand what peaceful means . . . Anyway carry on living . . .

Where is your evidence that islamic women are doing better?

Oh wait, you have none
Re: Are Women in the West Happy? Pt 1 by vedaxcool(m): 6:35am On Dec 28, 2012
^
grin keep living in your ignorance, I have said that b4 and would say it again, the thread is littered with why Islam does it for women best!
Re: Are Women in the West Happy? Pt 1 by Saluman(m): 1:16pm On Dec 28, 2012
grin keep living in your ignorance, I have said that b4 and would say it again, the thread is littered with why Islam does it for women best!

1) You have not cited any studies of islamic countries to show how islamic women have it better
2) Many of your muslim intellectual women are even from the West. Tbaba's posts even show that.

You know you have nothing. This thread has nothing showing that women in islamic countries live better. You are complaining about western countries from an islamic point of view while avoiding comparing it with islamic countries.

Pitiful
Re: Are Women in the West Happy? Pt 1 by Nobody: 7:11pm On Dec 29, 2012
No guys, the op is right, just look at how happy they are.

1 Like

Re: Are Women in the West Happy? Pt 1 by vedaxcool(m): 10:14pm On Dec 29, 2012
Lol grin it seems you try hard to make sense in any thread you post.
Re: Are Women in the West Happy? Pt 1 by Saluman(m): 10:17pm On Dec 29, 2012
vedaxcool: Lol grin it seems you try hard to make sense in any thread you post.

You try hard not to?
Re: Are Women in the West Happy? Pt 1 by vedaxcool(m): 10:31pm On Dec 29, 2012
^
Yet spent your time one the thread replying what you couldn't make sense of, PITY, ever so deserving of it! grin grin grin
Re: Are Women in the West Happy? Pt 1 by Saluman(m): 2:10am On Dec 30, 2012
hmmmm

Saluman:

[size=14pt]1) You have not cited any studies of islamic countries to show how islamic women have it better
2) Many of your muslim intellectual women are even from the West. Tbaba's posts even show that.

You know you have nothing. This thread has nothing showing that women in islamic countries live better. You are complaining about western countries from an islamic point of view while avoiding comparing it with islamic countries.

[/size]

Pitiful
Re: Are Women in the West Happy? Pt 1 by vedaxcool(m): 11:45am On Dec 30, 2012
Yet you spent your time one the thread replying what you couldn't make sense of, PITY, ever so deserving of it!
grin grin grin

The above simply proved my point again!
Re: Are Women in the West Happy? Pt 1 by lacosanostra: 3:20pm On Dec 30, 2012
i dont he is asking for much,if u tink hijab makes women better just give us an example of such women we knw
Re: Are Women in the West Happy? Pt 1 by Saluman(m): 1:48am On Dec 31, 2012
Where is the evidence na?

How are islamic women faring better
Re: Are Women in the West Happy? Pt 1 by vedaxcool(m): 7:44am On Dec 31, 2012
la cosa nostra: i dont he is asking for much,if u tink hijab makes women better just give us an example of such women we knw

grin an example is already written in the previous page but trust, the truth have limited value to atheists like you and "logic"boy, afterall the thread was really about the unhappiness of the Western women, backed with evidence, two things a rational mind could have done, which all the atheist who responded to the thread failed to do, agree with the statistics or refute it, rather an average atheist have the "you Nko" mentality preffered shouting Islam, I mean common sense should always prevail even when one is not rational. So far they vainly tried to digress from the important issue of why the western woman remains unhappy.
Re: Are Women in the West Happy? Pt 1 by Saluman(m): 11:36am On Dec 31, 2012
vedaxcool:

grin an example is already written in the previous page but trust, the truth have limited value to atheists like you and "logic"boy, afterall the thread was really about the unhappiness of the Western women, backed with evidence, two things a rational mind could have done, which all the atheist who responded to the thread failed to do, agree with the statistics or refute it, rather an average atheist have the "you Nko" mentality preffered shouting Islam, I mean common sense should always prevail even when one is not rational. So far they vainly tried to digress from the important issue of why the western woman remains unhappy.

1) Are all Western women unhappy? Funny enough, there are muslim women in the West and Muslim women in the millions that emigrate to the west- they must love unhappiness grin

2) Your non Western muslim women, are they not also unhappy? Many of them areare subject to honour killing, marital rape, being extra wives, wife beating, genital mutilation....none of which western women are subject to.
Re: Are Women in the West Happy? Pt 1 by vedaxcool(m): 12:19pm On Dec 31, 2012
Yawns! GIGO

grin grin
Re: Are Women in the West Happy? Pt 1 by vedaxcool(m): 12:43pm On Dec 31, 2012
Domestic violence in United
States, experienced by 22-25% of
American women in their lifetime, is
part of a dynamic of control and
oppression, often with multiple forms
of physical and non-physical abuse.
60% of Native American women are
physically assaulted in their lifetime by
a partner or spouse. Women are nearly
three times more likely to be killed by
their partner than men and more likely
to be killed during pregnancy. More
than 50% of homeless women were
subject to domestic violence.

The United States was one of the
countries identified by a United
Nations study with a high rate of
domestic violence resulting in death
during pregnancy.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_violence_in_the_United_States

I think the Islamophobe blames this on Islam grin grin grin
Re: Are Women in the West Happy? Pt 1 by lacosanostra: 10:23pm On Dec 31, 2012
vedaxcool:

so am now an atheist,u can misyarn nd i dont think this ur western women not being happy holds water,even in Arabia women are not happy,imagine d kind of prohibition placed on them,not driving,cant go out alone,someone who has been raped hv to produce witness,who nd wat witness nd those Saudi female Athelets allowed to participate in d Olympics, cant u see how happy she was, all those years they were hindered,were they happy nd hw those an hijab make someone happy.
Re: Are Women in the West Happy? Pt 1 by Kay17: 10:39pm On Dec 31, 2012
@vexadcool

You drew up a scale of happiness claiming the muslim women in hijab are in a better place than the western woman. But I feel both are still unliberated and treated as property which can be hoarded or marketed and used.
Re: Are Women in the West Happy? Pt 1 by vedaxcool(m): 1:32pm On Jan 01, 2013
^
Let's get it right, my point is clearly that the hijab and mores of Islam makes the suffering western women suffer as a result of sexuali.zation of women absent and this clear simply becoz this sexuali.zation occurs as result of a mind set of western culture etc. Now before Islam prescribe hijab for muslim women it prescribe hijab for men by telling men to lower their gaze, Islam does not and have never made women a commodity to sold or exploited!
Re: Are Women in the West Happy? Pt 1 by Kay17: 3:27pm On Jan 01, 2013
Let's get it right, my point is clearly that the hijab and mores of Islam makes the suffering western women suffer as a result of sexuali.zation of women absent and this clear simply becoz this sexuali.zation occurs as result of a mind set of western culture etc. Now before Islam prescribe hijab for muslim women it prescribe hijab for men by telling men to lower their gaze, Islam does not and have never made women a commodity to sold or exploited!

The sexualizatio.n of a woman results as a consequence of property. The root cause is the equating a woman to property. The hijab further aggravates the root cause.
Re: Are Women in the West Happy? Pt 1 by vedaxcool(m): 3:49pm On Jan 01, 2013
^
Not a single truth is contained in what you wrote, you seem bent in arguing for the sake of argument. If you read the article in the previous page written by a woman on what the hijab symbolizes, you would have known all you wrote has no semblance to the truth. As long as you continue to use your feelings as your rational way for deducing the truth,the truth will only remain what you feel far different from reality.
Re: Are Women in the West Happy? Pt 1 by Kay17: 10:58pm On Jan 01, 2013
^^

That's not a good way to respond. You didn't draw on my weakpoints and the lies in my posts.

You haven't shown me reason to discard my present beliefs pertaining to the hijab
Re: Are Women in the West Happy? Pt 1 by vedaxcool(m): 10:25am On Jan 02, 2013
^
That is the best I can give you, since you are only interested repeating your points over and over again, I find that nuseating, you could have simply read the article written by a muslim lady rather than depending on your feelings to experience the truth just open your eyes and see the light!
Re: Are Women in the West Happy? Pt 1 by Kay17: 10:39am On Jan 02, 2013
That is the best I can give you, since you are only interested repeating your points over and over again, I find that nuseating, you could have simply read the article written by a muslim lady rather than depending on your feelings to experience the truth just open your eyes and see the light!

Yet she doesn't realise that she is doing a man's biddings. The use of the hijab is decided by her husband, he holds that discretion not her.

She generally has to dress modestly quite alright, but its her husband that decides how modest. And that is to me the same problematic mindset with the West.
Re: Are Women in the West Happy? Pt 1 by vedaxcool(m): 11:32am On Jan 02, 2013
^
You got it all wrong, the religion mandated women not men, I wonder how you came to know the writer is doing her husband bidding? Do possess some sort of mind reading ability that got your conclusion? grin any way rather than rely on guess work, you should just take the woman's word for it, or is she too much of a woman to think for herself? Personally I know many women who wear hijab out their own volition and understanding of their religion
now because they were mandated to! Hijab is a culture people grow up wearing it!

And let's assume a man did mandate, how is it the same thing with the west? Has the hijab been know to coz the sort of mental illness western women suffer? So they are poles apart please!
Re: Are Women in the West Happy? Pt 1 by Kay17: 11:40am On Jan 02, 2013
^^

From what I understand about the hijab, Islam recommends it, but at the instance of the husband. That's my point. I didn't mean that I had some supernatural powers which read the writer's mind.
Re: Are Women in the West Happy? Pt 1 by vedaxcool(m): 11:58am On Jan 02, 2013
You still getting it wrong, hijab is totally a women affair! It is recommended it is actually compulsory just as telling the truth is compulsory. And this is very much the issue! It seems you are just a victim of western propaganda. Many muslim women in the west wear the hijab without any form of husband insistence. In islam both men and women strive to be the best they can be and like the writer of the article said Hijab is a commandment from God. I have watched interviews in which women wearing the hijab said they were treated with respected after they started wearing the hijab, fulfilling a very important aspect of the commandment, . . . So that you may be know . . ., this singularly again shows the hijab offers freedom to women . . .,
Re: Are Women in the West Happy? Pt 1 by Kay17: 1:19pm On Jan 02, 2013
Which does the Quran recommend/command hijab or modest dressing?
Re: Are Women in the West Happy? Pt 1 by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jan 02, 2013
Re: Are Women in the West Happy? Pt 1 by Kay17: 3:03pm On Jan 02, 2013
jauntee02: THE HIJAB PALAVER!

http://www.shareefudeen..com/2013/01/the-hijab-palaver.html?m=1

The Quranic passages/recommendations are directed at men! "Tell your wives and daughters". It is indirect, hence not a command per se. It is therefore at the husband's or father's instance to allow women wear the hijab.
Re: Are Women in the West Happy? Pt 1 by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jan 02, 2013
Kay 17:

The Quranic passages/recommendations are directed at men! "Tell your wives and daughters". It is indirect, hence not a command per se. It is therefore at the husband's or father's instance to allow women wear the hijab.
let's be sincere with our dealings with the word of allah. My brother, if u are told by the principal of ur school to tell the female student not to come to school except with their beret,are u telling me this is not a command per se?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Alhamdulilah. / Islamophobia Spin: Why There Is Nothing Good A Muslim Can Do / I Can Observe Ramadan And Still Play Football - Fredrick Kanoute

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.