Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,260 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:45 AM

Are Women in the West Happy? Pt 1 - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Are Women in the West Happy? Pt 1 (2877 Views)

What are the Rewards For Muslim Women In Paradise? / The 'Burying' Of Muslim Women in the Modern World / Why Are Women Not Fit To Be Leaders? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Women in the West Happy? Pt 1 by Kay17: 3:56pm On Jan 02, 2013
It is not a command to the female students.
Re: Are Women in the West Happy? Pt 1 by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jan 02, 2013
Kay 17: It is not a command to the female students.
no! U get it wrong. it is a command to both the sent and the female students.
Re: Are Women in the West Happy? Pt 1 by Kay17: 4:52pm On Jan 02, 2013
If I send some gunmen to kill Bukola, did I command Bukola??
Re: Are Women in the West Happy? Pt 1 by usermane(m): 6:56pm On Jan 02, 2013
Uuh uuh,hmmm. I wonder what u 2 are arguing here. Firstly,what is an hijab? There is misconception on definition of hijab. No where in the Qur'an/Hadith was the hijab described or pictured as the triangular tent-like dress muslim women put on today.
I am not saying the triangular dress is not an hijab,am saying you cant term it the sole definition of hijab. We have to know two things, hijab is a collective noun. Hijab is not a uniform,hijab is a dress code. A lady musn't be putting on that triangular dress b4 she knows she is in hijab. The main definition of the hijab are 3 in one :
Conceals the skin/hair
Conceals the shape
Transluscent/Opaqe.
Whatever dress a lady puts on, as long as it satisfies these 3 conditions,it is Hijab and for your information,there are lots of such dresses out there. Islam is a considerate religion, if the triangular dress(commonly called hijab),is inconvienent for u there are other options.
Secondly, the topic of this thread is : are women in the west happy?
Here is my take.....Women whether in the West or East can't generally be said to be happy. There are lots of aspects to examine b4 we reach conclusion. There are issues they are happy with and issues they are unhappy with. Hence Mr Op musn't expect Yes/No answer cos he didn't ask a Yes/No question.
Re: Are Women in the West Happy? Pt 1 by ParisLove1: 9:02am On Jan 03, 2013
usermane: Uuh uuh,hmmm. I wonder what u 2 are arguing here. Firstly,what is an hijab? There is misconception on definition of hijab. No where in the Qur'an/Hadith was the hijab described or pictured as the triangular tent-like dress muslim women put on today.
I am not saying the triangular dress is not an hijab,am saying you cant term it the sole definition of hijab. We have to know two things, hijab is a collective noun. Hijab is not a uniform,hijab is a dress code. A lady musn't be putting on that triangular dress b4 she knows she is in hijab. The main definition of the hijab are 3 in one :
Conceals the skin/hair
Conceals the shape
Transluscent/Opaqe.
Whatever dress a lady puts on, as long as it satisfies these 3 conditions,it is Hijab and for your information,there are lots of such dresses out there.
Nice, so does this photo below satisfy your 3 conditions?

Re: Are Women in the West Happy? Pt 1 by usermane(m): 11:07am On Jan 03, 2013
Paris_Love: Nice, so does this photo below satisfy your 3 conditions?

Not my 3 conditions, God 's 3 conditions. I cant set conditions, am no God, am mortal.
I cant see the girl in black/grey clearly. But the girl in pink need a little wardrobe adjustment. Her cloth tend to adhere too much to her skin and it and as a consequence, the shape of her backside is conspicous.
Re: Are Women in the West Happy? Pt 1 by vedaxcool(m): 3:26pm On Jan 03, 2013
Kay 17, u simply verified all I said earlier about simply wanting to argue for argument sake to the extent you were engaged in a pitifying display of deliberate misinterpretation of clear text!
Re: Are Women in the West Happy? Pt 1 by ParisLove1: 7:02am On Jan 13, 2013
So will your solution to this sexualization be something like this?↓↓

Re: Are Women in the West Happy? Pt 1 by vedaxcool(m): 8:12am On Jan 13, 2013
Afghanistan is not a model Islamic state, but we see the Mother of Jesus wore something similar:

2 Likes

Re: Are Women in the West Happy? Pt 1 by ParisLove1: 10:10pm On Jan 13, 2013
vedaxcool: Afghanistan is not a model Islamic state, but we see the Mother of Jesus wore something similar:
How is not an islamic state? And who told you that's Mary?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Alhamdulilah. / Islamophobia Spin: Why There Is Nothing Good A Muslim Can Do / I Can Observe Ramadan And Still Play Football - Fredrick Kanoute

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.