Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,777 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts (23745 Views)

My Thoughts And Questions About Religion / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Why Did Christian Missionaries Claim That The Panare Indians Killed Jesus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Nobody: 9:20pm On Dec 12, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Don't know why some would rather look into the butt of a chicken to come up with excuses to justify Papa's truth circumvention.

That school was built using two types of resources. ..both harnnesed from his congregation. ...

1) Members who pledged their man power. ..giving up their Saturdays and Sundays to go carry pompom, blocks and mix cement.

2) Pledges - When it comes to Oyedepo you have look deeper than the surface. When he says they didn't collect donation or use tithes and offering, he is not lying. Dude has perfected the art of circumventing the truth.

Donation implies seeking help for something and having people give towards that cause. However Oyedepo does not seek help in doing anything. ..Whaaaaa? Don't you know who he is? Yeah, that is why the money collection has to be wrapped in a way that gives the congregation the impression that being able to give is a privilege and giving is for their own good. So they use names like Covenant with God pledges or Challenging God pledge or something equally stupid.

This is why the congregation does not remember donating for the schools, the bakeries, the printing press, the pure water business, the private jets etc. In their minds, they gave to God....Some of them will even tell you that as soon they kept their part of the convent they got their reward back in one way or the other. ..never mind that they still would have gotten it without giving anything because the process for whatever they got had been in the works way before the whole giving or that event would have happened anyway.

Seriously how can someone who is working say as soon as they paid their covenant, the next day they got paid their salary or someone who applied for a job, went for an interview say they got a job after keeping up their end of the bargain with God? How does someone who's been looking to buy a car say after he paid his covenant he was able to buy one.

Pastors like Oyedepo make it seem like every single thing soooooo hard to get, every single single thing you can succeed at is sooo hard to achieve....when people do, they believe it had to be due to some supernatural forces. That's why it is easy to fool them into making pledges for money to buy the jets, build the schools, the bakeries, the pure water plants etc and still be able to stand on the pulpit to claim he didn't take any money from the congregation without fear of being called out. The saddest part is those who are being fleeced start believing God can be bought.

I'd like to see a situation where someone who isn't working, has no means of money ever coming to them, paid covenant and was immediately paid salary or someone who didn't apply for any job, did not go for any interview, did not tell anyone he is looking for job but managed to get a job. Now that would be a true sign of mutual covenant keeping....pledging so God can do what seems impossible to others for you

Until then. ...All of this is just playing green light, red light.

Jealousy, how is that your business? Members are not complaining!!! What's ur heck smh!
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Nobody: 9:23pm On Dec 12, 2012
Reyginus: And I say I am God. So be it.
Dummies... so, d fact dat smbody says smthg and its final, does dat make him God That makes a trustworthy person... a man of integrity. Integrity cannot be proven but be discerned.
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 12, 2012
jt2010:

If this your statement "I'm aware Oyedele has oil rig which he received as gift" is correct, then i guess the pastor need to spent some time in EFCC's cell.

All your statement is a Guess!!! Crap!!!

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Nobody: 9:33pm On Dec 12, 2012
baby_123:

Shattap there! I say he is lying. Before he started as a pastor, point to any property or business he had that will fund such a project. I am also a woman of God, closer to God than Oyedepo. So you better fear me. Ode. "Touch not the annointed". cheesy. Maga like you. You have every reason to vex, me sef go vex after being magalized.

Are you drunk
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Nobody: 9:34pm On Dec 12, 2012
Table Leg :

How much did you get paid by OLE-depo to come and promote/defend him on this forum
No. I'm not defending him and I'm not against him either. smiley
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Nobody: 9:36pm On Dec 12, 2012
Leadn:

Rhetorical question right??
No smiley
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by chiefbatiatus(m): 9:38pm On Dec 12, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Don't know why some would rather look into the butt of a chicken to come up with excuses to justify Papa's truth circumvention.

That school was built using two types of resources. ..both harnnesed from his congregation. ...

1) Members who pledged their man power. ..giving up their Saturdays and Sundays to go carry pompom, blocks and mix cement.

2) Pledges - When it comes to Oyedepo you have look deeper than the surface. When he says they didn't collect donation or use tithes and offering, he is not lying. Dude has perfected the art of circumventing the truth.

Donation implies seeking help for something and having people give towards that cause. However Oyedepo does not seek help in doing anything. ..Whaaaaa? Don't you know who he is? Yeah, that is why the money collection has to be wrapped in a way that gives the congregation the impression that being able to give is a privilege and giving is for their own good. So they use names like Covenant with God pledges or Challenging God pledge or something equally stupid.

This is why the congregation does not remember donating for the schools, the bakeries, the printing press, the pure water business, the private jets etc. In their minds, they gave to God....Some of them will even tell you that as soon they kept their part of the convent they got their reward back in one way or the other. ..never mind that they still would have gotten it without giving anything because the process for whatever they got had been in the works way before the whole giving or that event would have happened anyway.

Seriously how can someone who is working say as soon as they paid their covenant, the next day they got paid their salary or someone who applied for a job, went for an interview say they got a job after keeping up their end of the bargain with God? How does someone who's been looking to buy a car say after he paid his covenant he was able to buy one.

Pastors like Oyedepo make it seem like every single thing soooooo hard to get, every single single thing you can succeed at is sooo hard to achieve....when people do, they believe it had to be due to some supernatural forces. That's why it is easy to fool them into making pledges for money to buy the jets, build the schools, the bakeries, the pure water plants etc and still be able to stand on the pulpit to claim he didn't take any money from the congregation without fear of being called out. The saddest part is those who are being fleeced start believing God can be bought.

I'd like to see a situation where someone who isn't working, has no means of money ever coming to them, paid covenant and was immediately paid salary or someone who didn't apply for any job, did not go for any interview, did not tell anyone he is looking for job but managed to get a job. Now that would be a true sign of mutual covenant keeping....pledging so God can do what seems impossible to others for you

Until then. ...All of this is just playing green light, red light.

Wonderfully and surgically true article
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Nobody: 9:39pm On Dec 12, 2012
logica: Hahahahahaha
Ehen na, which messiah cheesy?
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Nobody: 9:40pm On Dec 12, 2012
Bokoharam: This is the summary of today's average Nigerian Christian:

Tell them that Jesus is a liar, is stupid, is irresponsible, they would do nothing bc Christians by conduct are not violent, and don't fight for their God. But tell them that their pastor lied, or stole, and they would fight you with every venom in their arsenal. So shameful that people are defending nonsense, fraud, criminality and wickedness exhibited by 'Men of God'.

These same pastors are the ones dragging the name of Jesus to the mud--a wonderful Jesus, who lived a modest life, never associated himself with the riches of this world, and never found frolicking with the powers that were; a man who chose to go to Jerusalem with the cheapest means of transportation in His time (a borrowed ass!); a man who never collected froml those who came to Him, but rather gave them free food. Will Jesus ever forgive the church of today?

Its a lie... Jesus associated Himself with d riches of d world... his robe was dat of kings, He had women working for Herod who ministerd to Him of their substance... They even called Jesus names, it was never easy for Him... if people like u were in Jesus‘ age, u sure would stabbed Him in NL...
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Nobody: 9:53pm On Dec 12, 2012
nep2ra: Religion is an escape mechanism that helps the weak run from reality. My fellow Nigerians, please let's be honest for once in our lives. This honesty will help save future generations. We are very religious in Nigeria and most of Black Africa because of the massive failure of our past and present government to address the challenges of our country. If our government lived up to it's responsibilities as obtained in most developed countries, trust me, Nigerians will not be religious.
Most Nigerians worship God not because they love Him or because they want to attain spiritual enlightenment. They claim to worship God because of material comforts. Nigerian Christians treat God like a vending machine. Slot in #100 and receive it's equivalent in mayeri

HOW DO U TREAT GOD
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by bros856: 10:01pm On Dec 12, 2012
I am dissapointed in OYEDEPO. How can he say that Covenant University is not apart of the church. Everybody in Nigeria knows that it's church money, if he is not guilt he should just tell us the source. SO SHAMEFUL. Business man comb Pastor.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Nobody: 10:02pm On Dec 12, 2012
Na wa o! c how the church has gone from being ridiculed for its poverty to being criticised for its wealth! God is really good! gone are the days wen people use to say "as poor as a church rat". now any rat found in the church is definitely a rich one! make una continue dey talk, me i prefer the wealthy church cos the bible says in isaiah 60 vs 2... "For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee".

if nothing is happening in his life, people wud've questioned his God, now God is blessing him, people are busy calling him names. make una talk well well o, cos una never see anything.
The glory days of the church of Jesus Christ are here, so more are coming! I believe it, and that settles it!

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by emperor1(m): 10:15pm On Dec 12, 2012
what is it with u and men of God, if u think it is so profitable to be one why not just leave all you are doing now and start a church so that you can also be able to buy private jets from the tithes your members are bringing. Why is it that you people have this idea that men of God should be wretched. When this men left their all for God none of you bothered about them but after they have walked their roads alone suffering and are now reaping the rewards of years of labour you start finding faults in them. Mark my words every word you speak against a man called of God, God takes personal. you can see that in the bible when aaron and mariam spoke against moses. Beware and don't draw the anger of God on yourself and yous seed. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by bros856: 10:22pm On Dec 12, 2012
@Precious15,@emperor, Please don't misunderstand this threads. Nobody says he shouldn't be blessed with everything but what he does with it matter as a xtian. how many lives have been bless with all that members have given to him. Remember we are followers of Christ, everything Christ got from the people he was always giving it back to those in need. Two bread and Five Fishes. He didn't take them home, He is busy accomulating wealth that are not neccessary. It is more blessed to give than to receive. He should work like Missionaries who brought this Gospel that we are doing anyhow now as if we know more than them. Ask your father about Missionary schools and Hospitals above all things. Their own is advance 419. that suppass the understanding of people like you. GOD IS NOT MAN SO IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU SAY!!! CHILDREN OF GOD ARE LIVING WITH THE FEAR OF PASTORS NOT THE FEAR OF GOD!!

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by honeric01(m): 10:40pm On Dec 12, 2012
abitex577:
[size=18pt]
I was worship in Living Faith Church, Ota in the year 2002 after my youth service waiting for employment opportunities and remember vividly the church raising money to build Convenant University. The Special seed to be paid to the church was according to parish members ability and envelops where given on which was written "CUP" meaning Convenant University Project. Every month parish members gave for this project.
[/size]

I am still expecting the pro-oyedepo to dispute this statement from one person who posted on this thread.
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Nobody: 10:43pm On Dec 12, 2012
bros856: @Precious15,@emperor, Please don't misunderstand this threads. Nobody says he shouldn't be blessed with everything but what he does with it matter as a xtian. how many lives have been bless with all that members have given to him. Remember we are followers of Christ, everything Christ got from the people he was always giving it back to those in need. Two bread and Five Fishes. He didn't take them home, He is busy accomulating wealth that are not neccessary. It is more blessed to give than to receive. He should work like Missionaries who brought this Gospel that we are doing anyhow now as if we know more than them. Ask your father about Missionary schools and Hospitals above all things. Their own is advance 419. that suppass the understanding of people like you. GOD IS NOT MAN SO IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU SAY!!! CHILDREN OF GOD ARE LIVING WITH THE FEAR OF PASTORS NOT THE FEAR OF GOD!!

and who says he's taking church money home? as per touching lives, i hope you do not expect him to start talking about it, cos God's glory shall he share with no one, and true servants of God do not like people to talk about them, as in, their works. my brother, you're very free to say wat you want, that will not stop God from being "I AM". whether the people give or not, God's church will move forward, as no one is forced to give.
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by WhyAWhy(m): 10:56pm On Dec 12, 2012
stagger: The issue with many Nigerians is that they bother themselves with irrelevant stuff. Covenant University was not built with tithes and offerings.

As at June 2009 when ASUU was trying to get the government to honour their 2001 agreement, Covenant University was paying Professors N13million per annum. I am not sure any university in Nigeria pays salaries to the degree CU pays. Not to talk of amenities, etc.

Bishop Oyedepo has many income sources he will never come out to say and he is not obliged to explain to anybody. I know a year he received so many car gifts that they were eventually auctioned to church members because they were too many.

God's blessings cannot be quantified in Naira and Kobo and certainly not by the workings and calculations of mere mortals like us.

Your 13 million per annum is a big fat lie. No professor in Nigeria earns that and I've got proofs for it. Got plenty as friends and family working in private federal and state univ. Only the VC which is like a political appointment earns around 18 million annually
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Prodigy246(m): 12:28am On Dec 13, 2012
I bliv him.....check the architectural plans OR beta still use google map to see the buildings in Canan-Land and you might see reasons with him....! :-XI bliv him.....check the architectural plans OR beta still use google map to see the buildings in Canan-Land and you might see reasons with him....!

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Cypost: 1:09am On Dec 13, 2012
Religion! Everybody don take him position nobody is ready to shift ground.
No matter what u do, some pple will support while some will be against

Me think is difficult separate the contributions (in whatever form) of church members to the success story of CU if dts was intention of the statement.
Also, building CU in seven months is doubtful in my opinion. Assuming d resources are available, how long does it take to complete a building considering u have to build several, furnish, put in place several equipment etc, this is doubtful. Presido GEJ is building the one of 9 universities he decreed and sited in his home town for more than 7mths now even with enormos power and resources available. Me think maybe he played a bit to d gallery just to massage d ego a little bit.

Whatever is the case norring really spoil He a celebrity and public figure so pple are bound to discuss his action, inaction and omissions.
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Cypost: 1:33am On Dec 13, 2012
What r u?
Man of God or Man of Satan. if we r all God creation dt imply we all MOG.
Some pple use dis MOG as if others are less human and should bow to so called MOG and swallow hook, line and sinker whatever dy say without question

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by vandarsar(m): 1:55am On Dec 13, 2012
You know the problem with you is your continuous use of the word "Man of God" His name is David for God sake!!! And there seems to be a connection between him and the David in the bible if you know what I mean.

Joagbaje:

Before this thread came out. I have said it several times that a pastor is only a steward . No real man of God will use church money to buy plane and so on. Im glad he confirm this . We commit a lot of sin by assumptions . Many Christians have a lot to be judged by God for all the lies we have peddled against ministers .

I'm aware Oyedele has oil rig which he received as gift . Apart from other doors of wealth open to him. Can we just think for a moment "what if I'm wrong " we have spread false information without fact . Those who say he use church money, where did they get the fact from. Did they investigate to know he used church money.

It is believed that among every 12 people there will be a judas or a disloyal fellow . So no matter the degree of what you refer to as blind followership , if its true that the man of God lied there will still be a disgruntled or disloyal person inside who will seize opportunity like this to destroy him by exposing him.

If the man say he didn't use church money. We should take his word for it. Any one with contrary opinion should prove it.

Lastly , saying the man of God should disclose where he got his money from doesn'take sense. He doesn't owe anybody such information. Either it's from bank or foreign partners and investors , it's not anyone's business.

Let's not forget Satan has not stopped his work as accuser of the brethren. He also labelled Jesus as a dupe .

John 7:12
And there was much murmuring among the people concerning him: for some said, He is a good man: others said, Nay; but he deceiveth the people.
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Nobody: 2:21am On Dec 13, 2012
bankylan: @Modicum.....This is just too shallow......
Have you wondered why your criticism has not affected the men of God. Do want to say you are more intelligent than thousands of believers that go to winners on Sundays and worship God with their substance. I am not a member of winners, but I pray God bless me more so that I can sow into the ministry. I need to tap a grace there.
Watch out, my own private jet is coming.....If I can afford one, I will buy one...if I can build a University, I will build one.

This my dear, is what is truly shallow.

Material wealth is NOT and will NEVER be a barometer by which you measure God's presence.

Secondly, Baal had over 450 prophets to only Elijah. Go figure.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Nobody: 2:32am On Dec 13, 2012
pictures: Are his followers complaining? Na wa for busy bodies . The man
has done more than the federal government . If he really built that
university within 7 months and Nigerian government cannot build our roads and provide
stable light with trillions at their disposal.This man ought to be given an award.
Personally it's not my business where he got his money from , don't muzzle the
Ox that tread the vine . Abi is that not in your bible ? Deuteronomy 25vs4

Brainwashed people dont complain,do they? A typical example is yourself. You ve already defended Oyedepo with a rubbish verse from your church book. Mumu
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by sub47: 3:32am On Dec 13, 2012
i happen to be in another country and have seen what CHRISTIANS DO-they give to the very last..my question is how has the Nigerian churches given back to society or what role are they really playing??..why should Pentecostal church universities be very expensive, why do men of God have a tendency to be so materialistic, why does a church want to make profit?...a man of God has three jets well he might like jets but cant you sell one of them and build hospitals(health care @ reduced prices) in some states or get buses not only to take your congregation to church but Nigerians to different places everyday...create employment for Nigerians..there is nothing wrong if a church opens a food bank for Nigerians even if its once a week, there is nothing wrong for a church to build a university that is free and based strictly on merit....there is so much the church can give to society LET CHRISTIANS DO WHAT CHRISTIANS DO and worthy of emulation..den Nigeria can be a great place

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Bobajo(m): 4:26am On Dec 13, 2012
The bolded sections makes absolutely no sense. You are deliberately refusing to exercise your thinking skills and standing logic on its head. He who asserts bears the burden of proof. If Bishop says he didnt use the church money to build CU, then taking into consideration the kind of pedestal he is on and the disaffection some of the murmurings have caused, he should have clearly stated where the money came from with full, verifiable facts.

If i tow your line of reasoning, i can jolly well advice James Ibori to claim that all the assets he has/had were not acquired using Delta State funds. Infact, na spiritual blessings from the skies; and we all should take his James word for it.

Joagbaje:

Before this thread came out. I have said it several times that a pastor is only a steward . No real man of God will use church money to buy plane and so on. Im glad he confirm this . We commit a lot of sin by assumptions . Many Christians have a lot to be judged by God for all the lies we have peddled against ministers .

I'm aware Oyedele has oil rig which he received as gift . Apart from other doors of wealth open to him. Can we just think for a moment "what if I'm wrong " we have spread false information without fact . Those who say he use church money, where did they get the fact from. Did they investigate to know he used church money.

It is believed that among every 12 people there will be a judas or a disloyal fellow . So no matter the degree of what you refer to as blind followership , if its true that the man of God lied there will still be a disgruntled or disloyal person inside who will seize opportunity like this to destroy him by exposing him.

If the man say he didn't use church money. [b]We should take his word for it[/b]. Any one with contrary opinion should prove it.

Lastly , saying the man of God should disclose where he got his money from doesn'take sense. He doesn't owe anybody such information. Either it's from bank or foreign partners and investors , it's not anyone's business.

Let's not forget Satan has not stopped his work as accuser of the brethren. He also labelled Jesus as a dupe .

John 7:12
And there was much murmuring among the people concerning him: for some said, He is a good man: others said, Nay; but he deceiveth the people.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by luluosas(m): 6:56am On Dec 13, 2012
Mr_Anony:
How do you know this for sure? Do you know exactly how much his royalty is worth?

How do you know this for sure? Do you know exactly how many businesses he has and exactly how much income he is making from them? Also this question seems to hint that he also runs illegitimate businesses on the side. How do you know?

Again, this is a very bold statement. Why are you so sure?

You have just stated a list of speculations and finally concluded with your bias which is that he is lying. I would really like you to back up your claims though as I have challenged them.

I agree, perhaps we should start with critically examining your assertions wouldn't you agree?
You should rather ask Bishop Oyedepo to proclaim his sources for the funding of Covenant University publicly, instead of his speaking to appear the 'ONLY' Saint. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Nobody: 7:03am On Dec 13, 2012
Cypost: Religion! Everybody don take him position nobody is ready to shift ground.
No matter what u do, some pple will support while some will be against

Me think is difficult separate the contributions (in whatever form) of church members to the success story of CU if dts was intention of the statement.
Also, building CU in seven months is doubtful in my opinion. Assuming d resources are available, how long does it take to complete a building considering u have to build several, furnish, put in place several equipment etc, this is doubtful. Presido GEJ is building the one of 9 universities he decreed and sited in his home town for more than 7mths now even with enormos power and resources available. Me think maybe he played a bit to d gallery just to massage d ego a little bit.

Whatever is the case norring really spoil He a celebrity and public figure so pple are bound to discuss his action, inaction and omissions.
CU was built in eight months not seven and contributions were made by the members of Living faith for it's building.
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by ogaju007(m): 8:42am On Dec 13, 2012
penzino: Who gives anybody a right to judge anybodi talk less of a man of God? God is all knowing, leave everything to HIM to decide who is and who is not.......

Hmmn strange.... I wonder who gave OLEDEPO the right to judge an innocent girl, call her a witch and then slap her. Hmmmmm...
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by mko2005: 8:56am On Dec 13, 2012
Eziachi:
You should equate King Solomon to world rulers like Presidents, Kings etc not Oyedepo. He is not a king. He claimed to be a man annoited by God, just like Samuel, Jeremiah, Elijah and those apostles after Jesus like Peter, James and John. Those are the one you should be equating with Oyedepo with their life and style of life. Gullibility is a disease and it rest on the brain.
If really know your bible as t you seem to suggest, King Solomon, is hardly an exemplary character to be following, when it come to being loyal to his creator-an idol worshiper and fornicator whose actions ended up causing Israel to be divided. Some of you need serious help, but it might be too late.
If you study your bible,you dnt even need the holy spirit to show you that all true christians are kings !
God bless us
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by lolaxavier(m): 9:04am On Dec 13, 2012
I don't really understand why we Nigerians have refused to open our eyes to see the truth. I don't care what anyone says but the honest truth is that these so-called pastors are milking unfortunate congregation. It is so amazing how some people will put their lives at stake to support issues that are clearly visible from the surface. You did not build that school with offering and tithe, so where did you get the money from? People pledged and donated to build that monument, true indeed. And the so-called jets too...He claims to make his own money, right, attributing all to God's blessings. Yes, fine, God blesses people but I don't want to believe God can be that selfish to let just one man gulp all that when millions are out there suffering. Let's call a spade a spade. His supporters will ask who gave the right to judge but believe, this has nothing with judgement, it has to do with calling a spade a spade. What a shame...
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by mko2005: 9:04am On Dec 13, 2012
Eziachi:
You should equate King Solomon to world rulers like Presidents, Kings etc not Oyedepo. He is not a king. He claimed to be a man annoited by God, just like Samuel, Jeremiah, Elijah and those apostles after Jesus like Peter, James and John. Those are the one you should be equating with Oyedepo with their life and style of life. Gullibility is a disease and it rest on the brain.
If really know your bible as t you seem to suggest, King Solomon, is hardly an exemplary character to be following, when it come to being loyal to his creator-an idol worshiper and fornicator whose actions ended up causing Israel to be divided. Some of you need serious help, but it might be too late.
The below tells me that all true christians are kings !
ISA 61:6 And you will be called priests of the Lord, you will be named
ministers of our God. You will feed on the wealth of nations,
and in their riches you will boast.
1PT 2:5 And you also, like living stones, are being built into a
spiritual house, to be a Holy Priesthood.
REV 1:6(KJV) And hath made us kings and priests unto God and His Father.
REV 5:10(KJV) And hast made us unto our God kings and priests and we shall
reign on the earth.
ROM 5:17 Says we will reign in life through Jesus, the greek word for
"REIGN" is derived from the the word for "KING". And means to be a king
King solomon was blessed by God.His wisdom,wealth and riches were given to him by God any how you look at it. He never regretted having money but he regretted been wealthy leaving God out of it hence the popular saying;''vanity upon vanity all is vanity'' King solomon went astray just to show us that he is man and not God ! Every day,i ask for the kind of solomons riches,wealth and wisdom but of cos not his kind of marriage,and the worship of man made gods ! God gave solomon wisdom,wealth and riches but God never gave him the women and the gods he he was led to start worshipping by these concubines and women ! Since there are some bad personal character of solomon,i will not opt for those ones but the ones given to him by God ;wealth and wisdom
God bless us
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by mko2005: 9:06am On Dec 13, 2012
lolaxavier: I don't really understand why we Nigerians have refused to open our eyes to see the truth. I don't care what anyone says but the honest truth is that these so-called pastors are milking unfortunate congregation. It is so amazing how some people will put their lives at stake to support issues that are clearly visible from the surface. You did not build that school with offering and tithe, so where did you get the money from? People pledged and donated to build that monument, true indeed. And the so-called jets too...He claims to make his own money, right, attributing all to God's blessings. Yes, fine, God blesses people but I don't want to believe God can be that selfish to let just one man gulp all that when millions are out there suffering. Let's call a spade a spade. His supporters will ask who gave the right to judge but believe, this has nothing with judgement, it has to do with calling a spade a spade. What a shame...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bishop David Oyedepo Prays For The Death Of Ritual Killers In Nigeria / Pastor Nnamdi Akujor Predicts Man's First Class Result Before His Graduation / I Dreamt I Saw My Sef In Old Secondary School..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.