Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,674 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

The Rapture - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Rapture (5681 Views)

2014 Rapture Signs To Watch For / I Dream Of The Rapture / The Rapture - Jesus Second Coming In Two Stages ? Is The Rapture Secret ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Rapture by Nobody: 10:58pm On Dec 11, 2012
No one knows when that day or time will be. The Son and the angels in heaven don't know when it will be. Only the Father knows.
When the Son of Man comes, it will be the same as what happened during Noah's time. In those days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving their children to be married right up to the day Noah entered the boat. They knew nothing about what was happening until the flood came and destroyed them all.
It will be the same when the Son of Man comes. Two men will be working in the field. One will be taken and the other will be left. Two women will be grinding grain with a mill. One will be taken and the other will be left.
So always be ready. You don't know the day your Lord will come. Obviously, a homeowner who knew what time a thief was planning to come would be ready and not let the thief break in. So you also must be ready. The Son of Man will come at a time when you don't expect him.

Who is the wise and trusted servant? The master trusts one servant to give the other servants their food at the right time. Who is the one the master trusts to do that work? When the master comes and finds the servant doing the work he gave him, what a great day it will be for that servant. I can tell you without a doubt, the master will choose that servant to take care of everything he owns.
But what will happen if that servant is evil and thinks his master will not come back soon? He will begin to beat the other servants. He will eat and drink with others who are drunk. Then the master will come when the servant is not ready, at a time when the servant is not expecting him. Then the master will punish that servant. He will send him away to be with the hypocrites, where people will cry and grind their teeth with pain.
Matthew 24:36-51

When will it be? At a time when people least expect it. Only such as are looking for it will see it. Surrounding events will lull the unsuspecting into complacence. It will not necessarily be a time of roaring irreverence, but it will be one full of activity and a going to and fro. People will be caught in "responsibilities" and the momentum of life. But there will be those whose activity is filled with anticipation of our coming Lord.

I tell you this, brothers and sisters: Our bodies of flesh and blood cannot have a part in God's kingdom. Something that will ruin cannot have a part in something that never ruins. But listen, I tell you this secret: We will not all die, but we will all be changed. This will happen when the last trumpet blows. The trumpet will blow and those who have died will be raised to live forever. And we will all be changed. This body that ruins must clothe itself with something that will never ruin. And this body that dies must clothe itself with something that will never die. So this body that ruins will clothe itself with that which never ruins. And this body that dies will clothe itself with that which never dies. When this happens, the Scriptures will be made true:

"Death is swallowed up in victory."

"O death, where is your victory?
Where is your power to hurt?"

Death's power to hurt is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But we thank God who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ!
So, my dear brothers and sisters, stand strong. Don't let anything change you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord. You know that your work in the Lord is never wasted.
1 Corinthians 15:50-58

It'll be sudden. It'll be quick. It'll involve all believers.

Our bodies will change. The spiritual body of which Paul spoke in the same chapter from which the above was taken will clothe us and in every respect we will be like our Lord Jesus.

This is proof that God is right in his judgment. He wants you to be worthy of his kingdom. Your suffering is for that kingdom. God will do what is right. He will punish those who are causing you trouble. And he will bring relief to you who are troubled. He will bring it to you and to us when the Lord Jesus comes from heaven for all to see, together with his powerful angels. He will come with burning fire to punish those who don't know God - those who refuse to accept the Good News about our Lord Jesus Christ. They will be punished with a destruction that never ends. They will not be allowed to be with the Lord but will be kept away from his great power. This will happen on the day when the Lord Jesus comes to receive honor with his holy people. He will be admired among (in) all who have believed. And this includes you because you believed what we told you.
That is why we always pray for you. We ask our God to help you live the good way he wanted when he chose you. The goodness you have makes you want to do good. And the faith you have makes you work. We pray that with his power God will help you do these things more and Oumore. Then the name of our Lord Jesus will be honored because of you, and you will be honored because of him. This can only happen because of the grace if our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Brothers and sisters, we have something to say about the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. We want to talk to you about that time when we will meet together with him. Don't let yourselves be easily upset or worried if you hear that the day of the Lord has already come. Someone might say that this ideai came from us - in something the Spirit told us, or in something we said, or in a letter we wrote. Don't be fooled by anything they might say. That day of the Lord will not come until the turning away from God happens. And that day will not come until the Man of Evil appears, the one who belongs to hell. He will stand against and put himself above everything that people worship or think is worthy of worship. He will even go into God's Temple and sit there, claiming that he is God.
I told you before that all these things would happen. Remember? And you know what is stopping that Man of Evil now. He is being stopped now so that he will appear at the right time. The secret power of evil is already working in the world right now. But there is one who is stopping that secret power of evil. And he will continue to stop it until he is taken out of the way. Then that Man of Evil will appear. But the Lord Jesus will kill him with the breath that comes from his mouth. The Lord will come in a way that everyone will see, and that will be the end of the Man of Evil. When that Man of Evil comes, it will be the work of Satan. He will come with great power, and he will do all kinds of false miracles, signs and wonders. The Man of Evil will use every kind of evil to fool those who are lost. They are lost because they refused to love the truth and be saved. So God will send them something powerful that leads them away from the truth and causes them to believe a lie. They will all be comdemned because they did not believe the truth and because they enjoyed doimg evil.
2 Thessalonians 1:5-2:12

The above text taken together with Daniel 11:28-12:3 and various parts of Revelation including the whole of chapter seven, fourteen and fifteen appears to me to hold that in the sequence of events of chronological time, tje rapture will occur once and after the Great Tribulation. However, there is a separation among believers that appears to be suggested in phrases like "the wise..." of Daniel 11, "the wise and trusted servant..." of Matthew 24, (also the wise and foolish virgins of Matt 25), and the hundred and forty-four thousand and man-child of Rev 7, 12, 14 and 15. This separation is quite marked and obvious except in Paul's writings.

The separation is not of two camps but of two things of a kind where one is the full form of the other. Now, it is not obvious to me that there will be two raptures, but the one that will occur will somehow separate the two of a kind. Paul said: first the dead in Christ, then those who are alive and remain. Now, I wonder if there's more to being dead in Christ or alive and remaining than I previously thought.

What if, I wonder, "dead in Christ" is another way of saying "utterly won for Christ"? Or, was Paul being completely literal and we are to take him as such? Perhaps, perhaps not. But one thing seems clear: some Christians will not be caught unawares and unprepared by our Lord's coming, but some will be. Neither will be more or less Christian for being found in this state or that, but both will suffer or enjoy certain consequences for being found or not in a state of readiness and anticipation of our Lord.

all quotes from the Easy-to-Read Version except within my comments

3 Likes

Re: The Rapture by Image123(m): 6:42am On Dec 12, 2012
i know that the rapture is not today and cannot be today, at least i know that much. How you dey bro, nice.
Re: The Rapture by MrAnony1(m): 7:10am On Dec 12, 2012
Bro, once again you beat me to it. I was just about getting into an interesting discussion with la cosa nostra on another thread about the rapture, and I was thinking of starting a thread to discuss it amongst brethren at some point now here it is. You have made things quite clear.
Re: The Rapture by Nobody: 8:12am On Dec 12, 2012
Thank you guys. But what do y'all think?
Re: The Rapture by Nobody: 8:57am On Dec 12, 2012
What does the latter part of Matt 24 mean?

And the parables of Matt 25?

Why does and how does the 144000 precede the countless multitudes in heaven?

What is the meaning of the manchild being snatched up to heaven out of reach of the dragon while his brethren are left and available to have war made against them by the same dragon?
Re: The Rapture by advocate666: 9:16am On Dec 12, 2012
The problem with rapture is that it was based on the erroneous idea that the earth was flat.
If Jizz-Us knew that the earth was round, he wouldn't have spilled out his nonsense about people being taken "up" to heaven. I magine if everyone starts going up, we will all be indefinitely distancing ourselves from each other. It makes no sense whatsoever.
Re: The Rapture by Nobody: 9:38am On Dec 12, 2012
advocate666: The problem with rapture is that it was based on the erroneous idea that the earth was flat.
If Jizz-Us knew that the earth was round, he wouldn't have spilled out his nonsense about people being taken "up" to heaven. I magine if everyone starts going up, we will all be indefinitely distancing ourselves from each other. It makes no sense whatsoever.

What do you think, is it a good scientific practice to describe a sphere using cardinal points - east, west, north, south?
Re: The Rapture by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 12, 2012
Re: The Rapture by Nobody: 7:07pm On Dec 12, 2012
Re: The Rapture by Nobody: 7:30pm On Dec 12, 2012
Ihedinobi: [color=#990000]No one knows when that day or time will be. The Son and the angels in heaven don't know when it will be. Only the Father knows.
When the Son of Man comes, it will be the same as what happened during Noah's time. In those days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving their children to be married right up to the day Noah entered the boat. They knew nothing about what was happening until the flood came and destroyed them all.
It will be the same when the Son of Man comes. Two men will be working in the field. One will be taken and the other will be left. Two women will ................................dumb niggers will be in nigeria waiting to vanish into thin air but their kike god will never show up

If people like me were alive in the 15th and 16th century, m.orons like you wouldn't exist today. I would have done the same thing the Shoguns did in Japan and crucified you i.mbeciles like your god. If this had happened in more parts of Africa, the europeans wouldn't have gained the foothold that enabled their colonialism and the resultant perteptually ignorant african populace........"who are waiting for the rapture"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Christians_in_Japan
Those who refused to abandon their Christian faith were executed, often through public crucifixion or incineration

2 Likes

Re: The Rapture by Nobody: 7:57pm On Dec 12, 2012
It is important to note that the ban on Christianity is aimed directly at the Catholic church. During this time period the Catholic church was building political power though the guise of Christianity, and behind the curtain were claiming assets for the Catholic church. The Japanese Shoguns were smart enough to see the long term goals of the church and were not fooled by the pretense of missionaries being in Japan for good works.

...........unfortunately, most of the indigenous leaders in africa had(and still have) the intellect of Ihedinobi

2 Likes

Re: The Rapture by lacosanostra: 8:15pm On Dec 12, 2012
I really want to discuss this rapture issue, nd who or what does the bible refer to as the one who is stoping the secret power untill he is taken out of the way nd Martian since u were not alive then u can hit ur head against a wall,must u comment on every topic.

1 Like

Re: The Rapture by truthislight: 8:24pm On Dec 12, 2012
advocate666: The problem with rapture is that it was based on the erroneous idea that the earth was flat.

hahaha. Hohohoho. Mamamamam. Kokokoko.

Lol in ten languages.

Right now am still laughing in chinese language.

"guy, whatever you are taken, sure takes you high"

lol.
Re: The Rapture by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 12, 2012
Rapture indeed. Keep believing in fairtyales while your mates are improving their countries.

It really pains me that christians cant see the frustration in my face whn I look to other countries like Japan which is quite godless and yet they have a more moral and better society compared to religious country like Nigeria.

The most painful thing is that, christians like Anony and Ihedinobi will dishonestly overlook the data that shows that less religious countries have better living indices. They know that religion is destroying Nigeria; the tithe theives, witch beaters and fake healing.

The death of people accused of witchcraft and the cheating of people of their hard earned money is just a small price to pay, a necessary collateral damage........afterall, heaven must be reached by all costs.
Re: The Rapture by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 12, 2012
truthislight:

hahaha. Hohohoho. Mamamamam. Kokokoko.

Lol in ten languages.

Right now am still laughing in chinese language.

"guy, whatever you are taken, sure takes you high"

lol.

He is right. Keep playing the fool
Re: The Rapture by Nobody: 8:31pm On Dec 12, 2012
la cosa nostra: I really want to discuss this rapture issue, nd who or what does the bible refer to as the one who is stoping the secret power untill he is taken out of the way nd Martian since u were not alive then u can hit ur head against a wall,must u comment on every topic.

monkeys like you would have been first, but you're right, we are in a different era lol
Re: The Rapture by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 12, 2012
Lol @Martian. What's biting you, dude?

The shoguns did what they did for the same reasons that the Roman emperors and popes and African dictators did more or less the same things and for which you would if you could: illicit power. You're not God, Martian, nor are you His chosen King. And you'll NEVER be.
Re: The Rapture by truthislight: 8:35pm On Dec 12, 2012
Logicboy03:

"silence is the best answer for a ......"
Re: The Rapture by truthislight: 8:38pm On Dec 12, 2012
Logicboy03:

erm, need some "biscuits"?
Re: The Rapture by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 12, 2012
truthislight:

erm, need some "biscuits"?

Cabin and butter would be nice....you dont get those in hell after the rapture wink
Re: The Rapture by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 12, 2012
Ihedinobi: Lol @Martian. What's biting you, dude?

The shoguns did what they did for the same reasons that the Roman emperors and popes and African dictators did more or less the same things and for which you would if you could: illicit power. You're not God, Martian, nor are you His chosen King. And you'll NEVER be.

Nothing is "biting" me, you "people" just arouse a feeling of revulsion in me with your slavish devotion to the ignorance of some primitive middle eastern culture. Your so called god and the patently absurd faith you imbeciles use as a palliative, were introduced just to conquer people, and you are even admitting it but your subservient nature that's nurtured by the idiocy you call a religion will not let you reason.
lol at that.

I would have crucified you myself while mocking your god and his chosen. smiley
I'm not your god's "chosen king"? lmao, I fart in the general direction of you and your supernatural jew.
Re: The Rapture by advocate666: 9:00pm On Dec 12, 2012
Ihedinobi:

What do you think, is it a good scientific practice to describe a sphere using cardinal points - east, west, north, south?

Describe, no. Navigate, yes.
Re: The Rapture by advocate666: 9:12pm On Dec 12, 2012
Martian:

If people like me were alive in the 15th and 16th century, m.orons like you wouldn't exist today. I would have done the same thing the Shoguns did in Japan and crucified you i.mbeciles like your god. If this had happened in more parts of Africa, the europeans wouldn't have gained the foothold that enabled their colonialism and the resultant perteptually ignorant african populace........"who are waiting for the rapture"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Christians_in_Japan
Those who refused to abandon their Christian faith were executed, often through public crucifixion or incineration

Thanks for the link. No wonder they are developping and we are going backwards. Nigeria needs a huge purge of the godly.
Re: The Rapture by lacosanostra: 9:26pm On Dec 12, 2012
Must all you atheist comment on every discussion, the topic clearly shows that this is for christians, cant we have a discussion alone just because we are in the same section, its high time u guys learn to overlook some discussions.

2 Likes

Re: The Rapture by Nobody: 9:34pm On Dec 12, 2012
la cosa nostra: Must all you atheist comment on every discussion, the topic clearly shows that this is for christians, cant we have a discussion alone just because we are in the same section, its high time u guys learn to overlook some discussions.

That is possible. Unfortunately, you christians cant leave us alone!

Your theory of rapture means that atheists/unbelievers will suffer. Cant you guyz change your doctrine and leave us out of your fairytales?
Re: The Rapture by rhowly(m): 9:35pm On Dec 12, 2012
Image123]i know that the rapture is not today and cannot be today, at least i know thabro, nic

I listened to a message about a year ago and went back to study some things in the word. its really risky to say the rapture cannot be today. If you can confidently say its not today, it just means you don't really believe Jesus when he said he can come at any time. I know we often want to read the signs as we were told to but one cannot say he knows what happens in all parts of the world. Definitely some truths undeniably unfolding as we speak. I'm not trying to argue, just want all Children of God to have the right perspective concerning this oh so pertinent fact. Also, food for thought. What mundane/sinless/human thing would you not be doing if you knew Jesus was coming next week? (might make for an interesting thread)
Re: The Rapture by rhowly(m): 9:54pm On Dec 12, 2012
[quote author=Martian]

Nothing is "biting" me, you "people" just arouse a feeling of revulsion in me with your slavish devotion to the ignorance of some primitive middle eastern culture. Your so called god and the patently absurd faith you imbeciles use as a palliative, were introduced just to conquer people, and you are even admitting it but your subservient nature that's nurtured by the idiocy you call a religion will not let you reason.
lol at that.

I'm not your god's "chosen king"? lmao, I fart in the general direction of you and your supernatural jew.

Very angry or should i say passionate fella. I'm wondering what you really want? That we convert to atheism? Not with your attitude. If i knew nothing about atheism, i'd be worried i'd end up as bitter as you
Re: The Rapture by lacosanostra: 9:57pm On Dec 12, 2012
Logicboy03:

That is possible. Unfortunately, you christians cant leave us alone!

Your theory of rapture means that atheists/unbelievers will suffer. Cant you guyz change your doctrine and leave us out of your fairytales?

And since u dont believe it cant overlook nd d life of an atheist will always be affected by the christian faith,just as yall stance affect us
Re: The Rapture by Nobody: 10:18pm On Dec 12, 2012
la cosa nostra:

And since u dont believe it cant overlook nd d life of an atheist will always be affected by the christian faith,just as yall stance affect us

No probs
Re: The Rapture by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 12, 2012
advocate666:

Describe, no. Navigate, yes.

Please explain
Re: The Rapture by Nobody: 10:41pm On Dec 12, 2012
Martian:

lol at that.

Oh, power is involved, my friend, but it's a really curious way to get power by getting killed, isn't it?
Re: The Rapture by advocate666: 10:48pm On Dec 12, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Please explain

Are you sure you want to learn from a Satanist?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

History Of 10 Muharram 2015 - Muharram Short Speech, Essay, Prayers In Urdu / Praise The Universe.... I Finally Became An Atheist! / Building A Mini Flat Bungalow With 3million Budget.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.