Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,575 members, 7,820,066 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time (2585 Views)

5 Birthday Gift You Must Present To Jesus Christ Today. / Photo: Jonathan Worships God At Christ Apostolic Church / Is Mary Omnipresent (everywhere At Thesame Time)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by Nobody: 9:25am On Dec 12, 2012
why do christians refer to jesus as God and son of God at the same time. Fellow nairalanders i find this scenerio intreesting because some christains call him God while others say he is the son of God considering the fact that other prophets like adam was refered to as son of God in the bible.
Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 12, 2012
Why do people call you by your first name and surname?
Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by nikkie90(f): 1:39pm On Dec 12, 2012
Jesus is Lord,He's d same as God,twas when He came to the world to die for our sin in form of man dat He was named Jesus.U guys wont understand until u read d bible. There are sometins we call mysteries,u wont understand now until d last day after rapture.
Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by tobechi20(m): 2:12pm On Dec 12, 2012
As d ist son, my dad property is my property
Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by omoh50(m): 4:51pm On Oct 31, 2013
una be full. no be only mystery na ministry. yeye ppl called xtians if u can't proof ur dirty doctrines why following it tinking u wil enter heaven. mtchwwww
Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 31, 2013
Reyginus: Why do people call you by your first name and surname?

What a brilliant answer for a deluded muslim who sees everything wrong with christianity but nothing wrong with islam.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 31, 2013
omoh50: una be full. no be only mystery na ministry. yeye ppl called xtians if u can't proof ur dirty doctrines why following it tinking u wil enter heaven. mtchwwww

Are you this silly? Do you have to insult before you pass your message across? Can you prove Gabriel dictated the quran to pedo mohammed? Can you prove mohammed travelled on a winged horse?

I know ure a muslim. Talking with respect and maturity is beyond your ken

1 Like

Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by boarnerges: 8:02pm On Nov 01, 2013
I stand on my grounds as earlier opined in one of my comments on the religious section. Modern day christaindom is the most confused of all religion, there seem to be a confusion on their deity. 'Jesus is Lord' as quoted in the bible. If Jesus is Lord, then where is the place of 'the father' because Lord means ownership and also the place of the holyghost as in the constellation of the concept of trinity. The trinity has no bases in the bible, it was a pagan doctrine that came in around 325 AD to cloud/subtitute the many gods of the then world power that seeminly adopted christianity as its official religion.
God is one, from the beginning; He came as mechiezedek, as the burning bush, He appeared to abraham in the planes of mamre, He came as fire by night and cloud by day to lead the isrealite, he came in different forms on earth but was still in heaven displaying His ominipotency. To redeem mankind, He came as Jesus christ (JESUS CHRIST MEANS; the self becoming God has become our saviour) . He was both man and God clothed in flesh (son) hence the dictum 'son of God' meaning temple or body of God.thats why He said in One scripture 'destroy this temple and in three days i will raise it up'(talking about his body).
In the book of revelation, the bible talks of one throne in heaven, the same lamb of God becoming the Lion of the tribe of Judah.
JESUS IS LORD, THE FIRST AND THE LAST, HE WHO WAS(SON:dEAD AND WAS RAISED), WHO IS (holyghost, God invisible) AND WHO IS TO COME(the coming judge and king)

hard truth.
Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by Nobody: 11:17pm On Nov 01, 2013
nikkie90: Jesus is Lord,He's d same as God,twas when He came to the world to die for our sin in form of man dat He was named Jesus.U guys wont understand until u read d bible. There are sometins we call mysteries,u wont understand now until d last day after rapture.
sister mi, read ur post again, u are the one dat needs to understand ur bible cos u seem confused. If Jesus is d same as God, do u now mean God sacrificed 'himself' to 'himself'??
Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by Nobody: 1:10am On Nov 02, 2013
Reski: why do christians refer to jesus as God and son of God at the same time. Fellow nairalanders i find this scenerio intreesting because some christains call him God while others say he is the son of God considering the fact that other prophets like adam was refered to as son of God in the bible.

My brother, many have brought a dent on the congregation founded by Christ at pentacost. so sad that this people bear the name christian, but they have disregarded the truth found in the bible and clone it with mystery. God of the bible is greater than Jesus, who is His son. God is his Father. Many have chosen to believe the lie. this situation is pathetic and we continue to appeal to their reason to see whether the honest hearted will turn around. It is our prayer that God will help many.

Best wishes!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by philfearon(m): 1:27am On Nov 02, 2013
JMAN05:

My brother, many have brought a dent on the congregation founded by Christ at pentacost. so sad that this people bear the name christian, but they have disregarded the truth found in the bible and clone it with mystery. God of the bible is greater than Jesus, who is His son. God is his Father. Many have chosen to believe the lie. this situation is pathetic and we continue to appeal to their reason to see whether the honest hearted will turn around. It is our prayer that God will help many.

Best wishes!
If Believing This simple thing is hard for you,I wonder how You believed That God is Jesus' Father!! Doesn't it bring up the Question as to How Jesus came to be?How Jesus was created or concieved and who concieved Jesus in Heaven?
I alwaz wonder how u go about writing Things u dont know and cluelessly reeking in the ignorance of such glories!
Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by Nobody: 11:14am On Nov 03, 2013
philfearon:
If Believing This simple thing is hard for you,I wonder how You believed That God is Jesus' Father!! Doesn't it bring up the Question as to How Jesus came to be?How Jesus was created or concieved and who concieved Jesus in Heaven?
I alwaz wonder how u go about writing Things u dont know and cluelessly reeking in the ignorance of such glories!

Do you want answers to those questions? or you wamt to dance azonto as usual?

So hilarious when you misunderstand the term Father with reference to God. God beget people through creation, unless a spiritual meaning of the word. eg born again, and psalms 2:7.

best wishes!
Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by lacum: 11:31am On Nov 03, 2013
boarnerges: I stand on my grounds as earlier opined in one of my comments on the religious section. Modern day christaindom is the most confused of all religion, there seem to be a confusion on their deity. 'Jesus is Lord' as quoted in the bible. If Jesus is Lord, then where is the place of 'the father' because Lord means ownership and also the place of the holyghost as in the constellation of the concept of trinity. The trinity has no bases in the bible, it was a pagan doctrine that came in around 325 AD to cloud/subtitute the many gods of the then world power that seeminly adopted christianity as its official religion.
God is one, from the beginning; He came as mechiezedek, as the burning bush, He appeared to abraham in the planes of mamre, He came as fire by night and cloud by day to lead the isrealite, he came in different forms on earth but was still in heaven displaying His ominipotency. To redeem mankind, He came as Jesus christ (JESUS CHRIST MEANS; the self becoming God has become our saviour) . He was both man and God clothed in flesh (son) hence the dictum 'son of God' meaning temple or body of God.thats why He said in One scripture 'destroy this temple and in three days i will raise it up'(talking about his body).
In the book of revelation, the bible talks of one throne in heaven, the same lamb of God becoming the Lion of the tribe of Judah.
JESUS IS LORD, THE FIRST AND THE LAST, HE WHO WAS(SON:dEAD AND WAS RAISED), WHO IS (holyghost, God invisible) AND WHO IS TO COME(the coming judge and king)

hard truth.
dont worry ur little head. we d xtians like pagan things n we borrow them. only the muslims will go to heaven. are u satisfied?
Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by maximunimpact(m): 11:44am On Nov 03, 2013
@OP nice question. Don't mind d mr know it all born again xtians dat teach dat Jesus is God in heaven, but ''changed'' to ''son of God'' on earth. Same ppl will also quote a scripture tellin u dat ''Jesus is desame yesterday, today n 4eva'' wateva dat means Jesus changeth not, He has always been dsame frm ages to ages! He is The Only Begoten Son of God!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by philfearon(m): 12:18pm On Nov 03, 2013
JMAN05:

Do you want answers to those questions? or you wamt to dance azonto as usual?

So hilarious when you misunderstand the term Father with reference to God. God beget people through creation, unless a spiritual meaning of the word. eg born again, and psalms 2:7.

best wishes!
Really?
Psalm2:7 "I will tell of the decree of the Lord:He said to me,"You are my son,today I have begotten you."
Is that the answer to my question?
I will alwaz be there to expose ur disjointed understanding of the Scripture!!
Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by Nobody: 10:18pm On Nov 04, 2013
philfearon:
Really?
Psalm2:7 "I will tell of the decree of the Lord:He said to me,"You are my son,today I have begotten you."
Is that the answer to my question?
I will alwaz be there to expose ur disjointed understanding of the Scripture!!

Should I also start to teach you english? your question:

Doesn't it bring up the Question as to How Jesus came to be?How Jesus was created or concieved and who concieved Jesus in Heaven?

And I said:

The red was the answer maaaaan. the "unless" is showing that the word can have another meaning.

You like pride that continuous to fail you. bring yourself low my dear.
Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by philfearon(m): 11:23pm On Nov 04, 2013
JMAN05:

Should I also start to teach you english? your question:

Doesn't it bring up the Question as to How Jesus came to be?How Jesus was created or concieved and who concieved Jesus in Heaven?

And I said:

The red was the answer maaaaan. the "unless" is showing that the word can have another meaning.

You like pride that continuous to fail you. bring yourself low my dear.
The question is 'HOW?'....dont be so fast to conclude...."HOW?" was he begotten? Others were created,He was begotten...HOW?
Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 05, 2013
philfearon:
The question is 'HOW?'....dont be so fast to conclude...."HOW?" was he begotten? Others were created,He was begotten...HOW?

Through creation. Jesus was created. cleared?
Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by philfearon(m): 2:18am On Nov 06, 2013
JMAN05:

Through creation. Jesus was created. cleared?
Bro,considering the Fact that you said Jesus Christ is Angel Michael,i believe u dont know anything about How Jesus Christ came to be....Stop showing ur ignorance in public bro!
Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by Nobody: 7:22am On Nov 06, 2013
philfearon:
Bro,considering the Fact that you said Jesus Christ is Angel Michael,i believe u dont know anything about How Jesus Christ came to be....Stop showing ur ignorance in public bro!

You see azonto don start. read col. 1:15
Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by Alwaystrue(f): 7:40am On Nov 06, 2013
Jesus is God and the Son of God. He is the only BEGOTTEN of the Father. I think the word 'Begotten' came to be when He was born on earth. Isaiah 9:6; John 10:30; John 14:9; John 1:10-11.

John 1:1-3;14
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.
All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

I Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the MYSTERY of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by Joshthefirst(m): 8:19am On Nov 06, 2013
Alwaystrue: Jesus is God and the Son of God. He is the only BEGOTTEN of the Father. I think the word 'Begotten' came to be when He was born on earth. Isaiah 9:6; John 10:30; John 14:9; John 1:10-11.

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

And without controversy great is the MYSTERY of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
blessed be the name of the lord.
I wish I could like this post more.

Jesus is our eternal God-Man in the heavens. Fully God, fully man.
He did this for us.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by philfearon(m): 8:57am On Nov 06, 2013
JMAN05:

You see azonto don start. read col. 1:15
With a mere human undastanding reasoning and undastanding,you can never undastand the passage u quoted...
COL1:15 "He is the Image of the Invisible God, the first born of all creation"..
Infact,no human on earth today can explain that passage fully,but i will tel u bit..
"In the beginning was the Word,and the Word was with God,and the Word was God" John1:1
'In the beginning' was the Word{Jesus Christ}.That is,at the source of the radiant light that gives form to rational creatures,and in the origin of its radiance,the Word Existed as the Perfect Word,Perfect in its Wordless potentiality. 'And this wordless Word was With God'..
John1:2 "He was in the Beginning with God"...Now how does A being{God} without a beginning has a beginning?
This hints at a distinction: the Word being with God..
When the bound word of The Persons'{Godhead} unity remained unuttered by the omnipotent intellect,then the Word,suspended in its Divine nature origin,transcended all words and names..When it was With God in the Providential light dawning devoid of the created universe,then God was revealed to the universe.{Col1:15 "He is the image of the invisible God........"}..
As soon as God Was ,he created the the heaven and the World,which brings about the passage: Col1:16 "For in him all things were created,in heaven and on earth,visible and invisible,whether thrones or dominions or principalities or authorities--all things were created through him and for him",the world being with God and distinct in name..
Whereas God in his motionless power was free from God and every name,God was the unspoken word in the bottomless abyss of His divine nature in which the Word as such never thoroughly understood itself..A thing that undastands itself grows and fades in the act of understanding,but this Word does not grow or fade..It is unchanging in itself,so it has never understood itself in itself,even though it is the intellect of the father!
Let me stop here,so as not to dismantle ur mind with the Mystic...The passage u quoted above can only be undastood in pure mysticism.....
I believe u dont even undastand that passage,thats why u quoted it.......Peace!
Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by Nobody: 11:52am On Nov 06, 2013
Alwaystrue: Jesus is God and the Son of God. He is the only BEGOTTEN of the Father. I think the word 'Begotten' came to be when He was born on earth. Isaiah 9:6; John 10:30; John 14:9; John 1:10-11.

This also should help doubting thomases. Thomas said to him "My Lord and my God".(John 20 :28).

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by Nobody: 4:20am On Nov 07, 2013

God sent his only begotten son. He has been begotten before being sent. In fact the submission doesnt make any sense. unless you have more to add.

As for the above bible quotations. None of them contradicts what I am saying.

I will only respond to that Timothy. Please remove "God" in that verse, and put "He" eg "he was manifest in the flesh".

Let me pretend you know the reason, until you admit you dont. Even if the word is there, it doesnt prove that Jesus is almighty God. why? he is a god, but not the Almighty God, and he is not the only one called god in the bible.

Udo!
Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by Nobody: 4:30am On Nov 07, 2013
philfearon:
With a mere human undastanding reasoning and undastanding,you can never undastand the passage u quoted...
COL1:15 "He is the Image of the Invisible God, the first born of all creation"..
Infact,no human on earth today can explain that passage fully,but i will tel u bit..
"In the beginning was the Word,and the Word was with God,and the Word was God" John1:1
'In the beginning' was the Word{Jesus Christ}.That is,at the source of the radiant light that gives form to rational creatures,and in the origin of its radiance,the Word Existed as the Perfect Word,Perfect in its Wordless potentiality. 'And this wordless Word was With God'..
John1:2 "He was in the Beginning with God"...Now how does A being{God} without a beginning has a beginning?
This hints at a distinction: the Word being with God..
When the bound word of The Persons'{Godhead} unity remained unuttered by the omnipotent intellect,then the Word,suspended in its Divine nature origin,transcended all words and names..When it was With God in the Providential light dawning devoid of the created universe,then God was revealed to the universe.{Col1:15 "He is the image of the invisible God........"}..
As soon as God Was ,he created the the heaven and the World,which brings about the passage: Col1:16 "For in him all things were created,in heaven and on earth,visible and invisible,whether thrones or dominions or principalities or authorities--all things were created through him and for him",the world being with God and distinct in name..
Whereas God in his motionless power was free from God and every name,God was the unspoken word in the bottomless abyss of His divine nature in which the Word as such never thoroughly understood itself..A thing that undastands itself grows and fades in the act of understanding,but this Word does not grow or fade..It is unchanging in itself,so it has never understood itself in itself,even though it is the intellect of the father!
Let me stop here,so as not to dismantle ur mind with the Mystic...The passage u quoted above can only be undastood in pure mysticism.....
I believe u dont even undastand that passage,thats why u quoted it.......Peace!

Your confusion has actually showed that you cannot explain simply bible text. you thus lack the spirit. God's word is still a mystery to you. Keep praying and remove human wisdom, you will grow.
Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by Nobody: 4:39am On Nov 07, 2013
Bidam: This also should help doubting thomases. Thomas said to him "My Lord and my God".(John 20 :28).

Jesus is a god. secondly, jews often refer to a representative of God almighty as God. this doesnt contradict my point either.

Jesus was a perfect representative of the invisible God. Jesus said no one has seen the God before. If he was that God, what sense would that word make?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by Nobody: 4:43am On Nov 07, 2013
Joshthefirst: blessed be the name of the lord.
I wish I could like this post more.

Jesus is our eternal God-Man in the heavens. Fully God, fully man.
He did this for us.

When you say fully man, what do you mean?
Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by Nobody: 6:24am On Nov 07, 2013
JMAN05:

Jesus is [size=16pt]a[/size] god.

So there are may other gods abi? That is even more worse.You are practicing polytheism.
Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by Emusan(m): 6:59am On Nov 07, 2013
JMAN5:

Jesus is a god.

If Jesus is a god, so you believe in a small god then?

secondly, jews often refer to a representative of God almighty as God. this doesnt contradict my point either.

Example!

Jesus was a perfect representative of the invisible God. Jesus said no one has seen the God before. If he was that God, what sense would that word make?

It means God has revealed Himself to human through Jesus.
Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by philfearon(m): 7:41am On Nov 07, 2013
JMAN05:

Your confusion has actually showed that you cannot explain simply bible text. you thus lack the spirit. God's word is still a mystery to you. Keep praying and remove human wisdom, you will grow.
I believe You are the one in self-denial now.
I believe u didnt look up the Mysticism in ur dictionary,and u thought it means 'mystery'..smh!!..Of course u dont have any other thing to say,and so the best way out for u is to start ur usual personal Attack...
Since that passage is simple,and Since u have the Spirit of God in u,explain that Col1:15??
{n:b--No excuse or runnin around the bush! Explain it!}
Re: Why Do Chriistains Refer To Jesus As God And Son Of God At Thesame Time by Joshthefirst(m): 9:46am On Nov 07, 2013
JMAN05:

When you say fully man, what do you mean?
I mean completely human, completely God. God became a human being. And walked among men. Some men recognized him. Men of light. Men of darkness hated Gods light personified, because light exposed their evil deeds.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Give your life to Jesus Christ / "What Is Israel's Role In The End Times?" / Wierd- See The Charm I Found In My House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.