Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (1059) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10874744 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1056) (1057) (1058) (1059) (1060) (1061) (1062) ... (7750) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jauntty: 3:55pm On Sep 09, 2015
Banking stocks today

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 4:00pm On Sep 09, 2015
bigjay01:

Guy, you are being very ridiculous with your questions! You have been around here for a little while, haven't you?

You have enough data to post, use it to do a simple search!

A little helper anyway, http://www.nse.com.ng/Issuers-section/corporate-disclosures/company-results

Sorry mate - It just has to be said
Sorry my dear am not a guy thank's .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bovis(m): 4:01pm On Sep 09, 2015
Guillotine:
Diageo Looks to up stake in Guinness Nigeria.

Diageo to increase shares in Guinness Nigeria to 70 percent.

Source: Financial Times
http://www.ft.com/fastft/389111/diageo-looks-up-stake-guinness-nigeria

The likes of JP Morgan, Perterichly and other so called Foreign investors calling for devaluation are loan shacks. The NSE is seriously undervalued currently.

Now that the CBN has called their bluff, we shall see them come back into the market through the back door, otherwise dem go wait tire. Diageo has lead by example.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Justcul(m): 4:01pm On Sep 09, 2015
Another opportunity to reload my gun tongue
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 4:07pm On Sep 09, 2015
UkwuAmu:

Greetings BNSITL , sorry for the long absence and my absence will continue. Run like you are going to die from Oando. I do not hate the company but only sentiments will not allow people to think clearly. The losses they will post will be monumental . you have been warned . I no know book
but born 2be rich &company has make more than #70000000 in 8months from oando and you self .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Youngzedd(m): 4:31pm On Sep 09, 2015
Person die today for NSE

shocked
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 4:34pm On Sep 09, 2015
Youngzedd:
Person die today for NSE

shocked
know but big money was lost why looking at it .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 09, 2015
The greatest applaud in these recent panic selloff was that our CBN has awake to the reality of standing their ground in defense of their functionality and purpose. No where in the world that external forces were allowed to make decision for a particular country CBN, So, JP Morgan Index should go to hell! We will surely survive this! Seriously, positive change has come to Nigeria to stay! Blessing in disguise! Thank you God grin

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 5:04pm On Sep 09, 2015
myjoy08:
The greatest applaud in these recent panic selloff was that our CBN has awake to the reality of standing their ground in defense of their functionality and purpose. No where in the world that external forces were allowed to make decision for a particular country CBN, So, JP Morgan Index should go to hell! We will surely survive this! Seriously, positive change has come to Nigeria to stay! Blessing in disguise! Thank you God grin

Gbam!!

Anybody who has read Investment Bikers by Jim Rogers will understand why CBN should be applauded for not falling to the whims and caprices of these briefcase portfolio managers!

yes we need FDIs but not portfolio managers that are only fair weather friends!

Once again Kudos to the CBN gov for this!

I will always support small term pains for long term gains!

(Insha Allah!! we must make money this year!)

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by carpenter(m): 5:23pm On Sep 09, 2015
feelamong:

Gbam!!

Anybody who has read Investment Bikers by Jim Rogers will understand why CBN should be applauded for not falling to the whims and caprices of these briefcase portfolio managers!

yes we need FDIs but not portfolio managers that are only fair weather friends!

Once again Kudos to the CBN gov for this!

I will always support small term pains for long term gains!

(Insha Allah!! we must make money this year!)

I am not for organizations that try to control what people do and how they think. I am for the strong man that stands his grounds based on his beliefs against such organizations or the society at large. Yes, before things will get better, they may get much worse but I am not convinced that the naira selling at the CBN rate is close to its true value. The gap between the CBN rates and the black market is just too wide for comfort and the way it has been going up and down is something else. Nevertheless, I wish the CBN Governor well and I hope he and his advisers are doing the right thing. I would want to think a devalution is in order but what do I know ...am no economist.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by X2X(m): 7:25pm On Sep 09, 2015
carpenter:

I am not for organizations that try to control what people do and how they think. I am for the strong man that stands his grounds based on his beliefs against such organizations or the society at large. Yes, before things will get better, they may get much worse but I am not convinced that the naira selling at the CBN rate is close to its true value. The gap between the CBN rates and the black market is just too wide for comfort and the way it has been going up and down is something else. Nevertheless, I wish the CBN Governor well and I hope he and his advisers are doing the right thing. I would want to think a devalution is in order but what do I know ...am no economist.

There has always been disparity between the official and parallel FX markets. Devaluation does not solve that problem.

For the avoidance of doubt, the Federal Government sees Nigeria and the interest of Nigerians as paramount. It will therefore only continue to take economic decisions that will impact positively in the lives of all Nigerians
In other words, we know JP Morgan are only after their own selfish interest, so, if them like, make them go hug transformer. Priceless.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 8:48pm On Sep 09, 2015
In these trying times I keep to the words of one of my investment mentor
“Have the patience to wait, the courage to get out and the integrity to follow your plan” - John Carter"

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by LondonCool(m): 8:49pm On Sep 09, 2015
Dear BNSITL,

Does anyone know when our CSCS accounts will be formally credited with the bonus shares for FBNH, GSK and Vitafoam?

Many thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by me3000(m): 9:46pm On Sep 09, 2015
LondonCool:
Dear BNSITL,

Does anyone know when our CSCS accounts will be formally credited with the bonus shares for FBNH, GSK and Vitafoam?

Many thanks
never
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 10:19pm On Sep 09, 2015
I learnt the term JIJO on this thread. I was also made to realise that to be successful in the world of JIJO, you would have to be stone cold, brute and emotionless. You don't give a heck about a company stock, viz a viz it's directors, products or services. All that matters to a JIJO adherent is profiting from the price fluctuation of stocks on the exchange.

Prior to this, I was a traditional investor. I study and analyze companies, follow news about them, buy their products, make use of their services just because I feel I am a part owner of the company. I am still very much a traditional investor but I now have a seperate portfolio for JIJO.

What I do not understand here is the ado about JP Morgan's delisting. Everyone suddenly becomes a patriotic Nigerian, even the JIJO group. Long term investors like @Manie should not be worried for any reason so long the listed companies keep declaring profits and rewarding their shareholders. Abeg, make I ask, wetin concern you JIJO expert for this kain mata? Should I assume these barrage of posts on the delisiting is in a Nigerian citizen context or as JIJO investors? Could it possibly be self consolation for being caught up against one's wish? Why would a JIJO investor get worked up and see a need to vehemently defend his pick/stock? (That's an easy one for me.......it has to be emotion).

Well, whatever it is........you have to decide where you stand. Do you want to go the Traditional investor way or the JIJO way? If you are inclined to chose the later, pinch yourself and get back to reality. This mata e, e no konsign u. As Yoruba folks say, "E ma je ki ose yi yin" (no allow soap touch you) cheesy grin

For the newbies, be careful of popular opinions on this thread. The majority might not always be right. I don't agree with the pessimistic stance of Peterichy and Chibuking1 but I value their posts and take notes. In fact, I am more wary of the optimistic projections popular on this thread. Please note that, I don't intend to validate/confirm their opinions. Sorry for the long post.

#NSEMPAthreatre #NSEMPAWOOD grin cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 10:25pm On Sep 09, 2015
jauntty:
Banking stocks today

Better go recharge your phone and leave this market alone. I believe there is a secret algorithm and calender that is used by some COWBOYS in this market. grin undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmatok(m): 10:47pm On Sep 09, 2015
Can some body tell me why UBN stock is going higher almost overtaking FBN?

I hope the Buhari factor is not working here?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 12:01am On Sep 10, 2015
Exchanges all over the world, when there is a negative announcement, big money exits. We can try to act and think patriotic but fund managers, foreign investors and other big money won't. They have a duty to preserve or conserve investments if they can not grow it. The market reaction is an aggregation of, not the number of investors but of funds. If the foreign investors and fund managers that control the market sees the JP Morgan's announcement as a red flag, please what do you expect? They would rather listen to the likes of JP Morgan than CBN's rebuttal. The effect would only be tempered if "patriotic" domestic investors control an appreciable percentage of our stock market or if an appropriate practical step is taken (example is what happened in China).

If you are for short term, you should articulate your goals and take actions that reflect those goals. Take cognizance of news of this kind. Is it not the same news (cabinet announcement and policy statements) though positive that some are waiting on to herald another bull run? Not saying there would be a bull run after the much awaited cabinet appointments though. So a positive news is to a bull what a negative news is to a bear. Na small money no dey bother about the outcomes of meetings of MPC, Federal reserve and any other policy maker. I am on alert. I have a target for this year abeg. By God's grace, I'll get there. smiley

For long termers, a saner way to invest, hold your peace. cool

No vex for my emphasis o, returned home early and took a nap. To sleep for night dey hard when that happens. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 2:17am On Sep 10, 2015
Manonamission:
Exchanges all over the world, when there is a negative announcement, big money exits. We can try to act and think patriotic but fund managers, foreign investors and other big money won't. They have a duty to preserve or conserve investments if they can not grow it. The market reaction is an aggregation of, not the number of investors but of funds. If the foreign investors and fund managers that control the market sees the JP Morgan's announcement as a red flag, please what do you expect? They would rather listen to the likes of JP Morgan than CBN's rebuttal. The effect would only be tempered if "patriotic" domestic investors control an appreciable percentage of our stock market or if an appropriate practical step is taken (example is what happened in China).

If you are for short term, you should articulate your goals and take actions that reflect those goals. Take cognizance of news of this kind. Is it not the same news (cabinet announcement and policy statements) though positive that some are waiting on to herald another bull run? Not saying there would be a bull run after the much awaited cabinet appointments though. So a positive news is to a bull what a negative news is to a bear. Na small money no dey bother about the outcomes of meetings of MPC, Federal reserve and any other policy maker. I am on alert. I have a target for this year abeg. By God's grace, I'll get there. smiley

For long termers, a saner way to invest, hold your peace. cool

No vex for my emphasis o, returned home early and took a nap. To sleep for night dey hard when that happens. cheesy
By His grace we are making good money this year.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 3:23am On Sep 10, 2015
No one knows tomorrow not to talk about Dec.. We on long-term na to dey chop dividend now .. Prayer be say make banks\companies s dey release good results or Else
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:31am On Sep 10, 2015

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:34am On Sep 10, 2015
lancee:
No one knows tomorrow not to talk about Dec.. We on long-term na to dey chop dividend now .. Prayer be say make banks\companies s dey release good results or Else

Waiting for Access Bank dividend alert and ready to pump into NSE as usual...We are here waiting for another bearish news grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by makashava(m): 5:26am On Sep 10, 2015
myjoy08:

Waiting for Access Bank dividend alert and ready to pump into NSE as usual...We are here waiting for another bearish news grin
ANYTHING ON OANDO? GOOD TO BUY?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 5:39am On Sep 10, 2015
We only heard the whistle yesterday by weekend the news will circulate then nextweek come and see the one wey senior Beatrice,

In other words we should expect 7consecutive routing days and on the 8th day the market will take a breath. He that has ears lets him hear.

*ThE OcToPuS *

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by makashava(m): 6:06am On Sep 10, 2015
PETERiCHY:
We only heard the whistle yesterday by weekend the news will circulate then nextweek come and see the one wey senior Beatrice,

In other words we should expect 7consecutive routing days and on the 8th day the market will take a breath. He that has ears lets him hear.

*ThE OcToPuS *
IS THA A BULLISH PREDICTION?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by carpenter(m): 6:14am On Sep 10, 2015
X2X:

There has always been disparity between the official and parallel FX markets. Devaluation does not solve that problem.

In other words, we know JP Morgan are only after their own selfish interest, so, if them like, make them go hug transformer. Priceless.

It is not so much about the difference, it is the gap (too large for comfort). Even the banks charge as much as 8% above the CBN rate...so you begin to wonder as a "layman"...weren't we taught price is determined by the forces of the demand and supply.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Sobrit(m): 8:00am On Sep 10, 2015
DeRuggedProf:

Better go recharge your phone and leave this market alone. I believe there is a secret algorithm and calender that is used by some COWBOYS in this market. grin undecided
is Dexta back on nsempa?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:12am On Sep 10, 2015
JP "Morgan": Scaring Investors.

" Morgan"Capital: Frustrating Investors.

Anything "Morgan" seem not to be favourable for financial transactions at this moment.

I do hope Morgan has sorted their sell button....and not relying on giving false hope today with the useless sorry for inconveniences mail they send while their clients are loosing money. cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 8:13am On Sep 10, 2015
myjoy08:

the koko master.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 8:29am On Sep 10, 2015
DeRuggedProf:

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 8:42am On Sep 10, 2015
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 8:57am On Sep 10, 2015
are there any punters here??

what are the odds of OANDO result release coinciding with the release of PMB cabinet?

Meanwhile pls is there any PFA listed in the NSE? with the amount of monies recently released as salaries and the fact that Bond yields are flying high now...its gonna be bumper harvest soon for the PFAs

(1) (2) (3) ... (1056) (1057) (1058) (1059) (1060) (1061) (1062) ... (7750) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ogoo4real, freeman67, handsomebolanle, adamx23(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.