Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,973 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10880874 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (7752) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Collinsterol(m): 12:13pm On Jan 07, 2013
Pls gud people of NSE, i need ur help. Am a lil boy and really like stock but dnt knw anyting about it. Pls dnt look down on me o i realy everyone's advise. God bless my mail is akindolieseyi@gmail.com

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 12:38pm On Jan 07, 2013
Collinsterol: Pls gud people of NSE, i need ur help. Am a lil boy and really like stock but dnt knw anyting about it. Pls dnt look down on me o i realy everyone's advise. God bless my mail is akindolieseyi@gmail.com

Well since you are a starter i would advise you to read books on investments...Read Richest man in babylon and rich dad poor dad to get an idea on investment...

Hope this helps..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 2:23pm On Jan 07, 2013
Access bank was able to make 80 percent gains since acquired(merger) compared to fcmb with a lose of -17.69 percent. in earning report of the two banks, it shows that access bank profit outweigh that of fcmb even with my internally analyzed spectrum and with PAT( profit after tax) of the last year quarter earning report of access bank that stood at 156 PERCENT while FCMB WAS JUST 33 PERCENT.
let me sound this, that a stock is appreciating is not enough to determine that the stock is good. if we are to look at it from fundamental or stock value perspective. what we see every day on the exchange is just paper record and not really the company performance. the stock increase because you and i make it to increase. if FCMB should make that 30 percent price appreciation, why is it not reflecting in the report compared to access
NOTE
access bank was moving on sideways during the last period of last year and with her top trade, i discovered much people are buying the stocks and now that access is about to sell public offer with a price that is almost 50 percent above the current price. dont you know that stock exchange floor price is always higher that public offer price even though analysst are saying the stock is overvalued to have wanting to sell public offer @ 14.00 but what i will say is that it's better to be overvalued than to be undervalued in this regard and if investors are not happy, why are they trying to position themselves

i will still watch ACCESS vey well especially when people begin to take up the public offer but i would advise you to buy now and not when every body begin to realise this.THERE IS A SAYING IN STOCK INVESTING THAT( EARLY BIRD CATCH THE MOST WORMS AND SOMETIMES THEY FALL TO HUNTER TRAP BECAUSE THE DAY IS NOT YET UNFOLDED)
FCMB is also not bad to invest in with signal the price movement chart is conveying but as i've said earlier, it is better we invest in value stocks at this early stage of the year because i believe analysts all over Nigeria would be looking at VALUE. IN PROFIT FROM PRICES THEORY OS STOCK MARKET, YOU DANCE WITH THE TONE AND YOU ARE NOT A FOOL PUTTING YOUR HEADS WHERE PEOPLE ARE PUTTING THEIRS

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 2:38pm On Jan 07, 2013
NIGERIAN STOCK EXCHANGE
lets observe this week and come out with facts and figures.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 2:45pm On Jan 07, 2013
#NIGERIA STOCK EXCHANGE MARKET.
why dont you share this thread with your friends on facebook with the link below and you can also preach the gospel of stock investing to friends and tell them the need to do so as you've know. buying BB,posing around campus and street without nothing would not do your friends any good but to try and design a CHAIR to sit on and design your comfort in the nearest future
MY ADVISE TO STUDENTS NOW IS THAT THE NYSC IS THE ONLY JOB NIGERIA OFFER TO GRADUATE.make sure you save alot and start something......love you.....

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Collinsterol(m): 3:23pm On Jan 07, 2013
Born 2be Rich:

Well since you are a starter i would advise you to read books on investments...Read Richest man in babylon and rich dad poor dad to get an idea on investment...

Hope this helps..
thanks av read both infact i av my copies. Bt i just left skul and i wanna get sumting going asap. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by andico34: 3:50pm On Jan 07, 2013
The right time for both Access Bank and Fcmb was about 2 weeks ago when stockbull made the call....pls investors apply caution now....there was a key resistance that access bank was not able to break today...so i advise you wait for another consolidation for both fcmb and access to get in.....of the banks to watch...diamond bank broke a key resistance today on strong volume....my recommendation is buy...will post further updates.thanks

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by andico34: 3:54pm On Jan 07, 2013
uba is strong buy.....constriction and consolidation complete....entry price N4.80- N5.00...target price.....N5.80

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Collinsterol(m): 4:40pm On Jan 07, 2013
stockbull: lets observe this week and come out with facts and figures.
stockbull i neva see ur hand abeg teach me how to become a broker too and
@andico pls help out pls and pls help a brother
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Collinsterol(m): 4:42pm On Jan 07, 2013
stockbull: lets observe this week and come out with facts and figures.
stockbull i neva see ur hand abeg teach me how to become a broker too and
@andico pls help out pls and pls help a brother my mail akindolieseyi@gmail.com
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 4:43pm On Jan 07, 2013
stockbull: Access bank was able to make 80 percent gains since acquired(merger) compared to fcmb with a lose of -17.69 percent. in earning report of the two banks, it shows that access bank profit outweigh that of fcmb even with my internally analyzed spectrum and with PAT( profit after tax) of the last year quarter earning report of access bank that stood at 156 PERCENT while FCMB WAS JUST 33 PERCENT.
let me sound this, that a stock is appreciating is not enough to determine that the stock is good. if we are to look at it from fundamental or stock value perspective. what we see every day on the exchange is just paper record and not really the company performance. the stock increase because you and i make it to increase. if FCMB should make that 30 percent price appreciation, why is it not reflecting in the report compared to access
NOTE
access bank was moving on sideways during the last period of last year and with her top trade, i discovered much people are buying the stocks and now that access is about to sell public offer with a price that is almost 50 percent above the current price. dont you know that stock exchange floor price is always higher that public offer price even though analysst are saying the stock is overvalued to have wanting to sell public offer @ 14.00 but what i will say is that it's better to be overvalued than to be undervalued in this regard and if investors are not happy, why are they trying to position themselves

i will still watch ACCESS vey well especially when people begin to take up the public offer but i would advise you to buy now and not when every body begin to realise this.THERE IS A SAYING IN STOCK INVESTING THAT( EARLY BIRD CATCH THE MOST WORMS AND SOMETIMES THEY FALL TO HUNTER TRAP BECAUSE THE DAY IS NOT YET UNFOLDED)
FCMB is also not bad to invest in with signal the price movement chart is conveying but as i've said earlier, it is better we invest in value stocks at this early stage of the year because i believe analysts all over Nigeria would be looking at VALUE. IN PROFIT FROM PRICES THEORY OS STOCK MARKET, YOU DANCE WITH THE TONE AND YOU ARE NOT A FOOL PUTTING YOUR HEADS WHERE PEOPLE ARE PUTTING THEIRS

True but i believe in FCMB Q3 result there were associated costs to the merger such as paying consultants and paying off disengaged staff, etc. This could have increased the cost.

Check out the jump in personnel expenses and other operating expenses in the Q3 result..

However, when a company doesnt make more money than the other company doesnt mean they are not healthy and wont surpass expectations..I got a rating for this stock and some other banking stocks to get a good price appreciation and if you notice the high bid last week for FCMB,diamond,gauranty,skyebank...i believe something good will still come out in the future..

Please when does access bank tend to come out with their public offer this year?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Collinsterol(m): 4:53pm On Jan 07, 2013
Born 2be Rich:

True but i believe in FCMB Q3 result there were associated costs to the merger such as paying consultants and paying off disengaged staff, etc. This could have increased the cost.

Check out the jump in personnel expenses and other operating expenses in the Q3 result..

However, when a company doesnt make more money than the other company doesnt mean they are not healthy and wont surpass expectations..I got a rating for this stock and some other banking stocks to get a good price appreciation and if you notice the high bid last week for FCMB,diamond,gauranty,skyebank...i believe something good will still come out in the future..

Please when does access bank tend to come out with their public offer this year?
been awaiting ur reply all day bro pls
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by courage89(m): 11:53pm On Jan 07, 2013
stockbull: Access bank was able to make 80 percent gains since acquired(merger) compared to fcmb with a lose of -17.69 percent. in earning report of the two banks, it shows that access bank profit outweigh that of fcmb even with my internally analyzed spectrum and with PAT( profit after tax) of the last year quarter earning report of access bank that stood at 156 PERCENT while FCMB WAS JUST 33 PERCENT.
NOTE

I agree with your analysis. Access Bank is a better stock to hold in comparison to FCMB. To buttress your point, below are additional reasons why I think the stock will fair better in the short term and long term.

1. Based on the Acquisition of Intercontinental Bank, the stock is now a tier one bank (Asset, Liability, Perceived risk). It should be trading at the same level as its tier one counterparts such GTB, Zenith, FBNH and UBA. The PE ratio of access bank based on 3rd quarter result is 6.53, while that of GTB, Zenith, FBNH and UBA are 11.74, 10.22,8.63 and 3.95. While every tier one bank's individual perceived risks differs, and might be responsible for the difference in PE ratio. However, I believe the difference should be minimal. There has to be a correction where Access and UBA corrects upward to rank closer to their tier 1 counterparts. While FCMB is not a tier 1 bank and its PE ratio is 9.17.

2. More increase in EPS based on synergy to be recognized from Intercontinental acquisition. Leveraging economy of scale and scope on a broader level has been the primary reason why Access Bank was able to churn out impressive results last quarter. I envisage this cost cutting, revenue growth trend to continue which will continue to drive the share price upward.

3. Another personal parameter that i used is the EPS/Price. It tells me what percentage of my money can come back to me as dividend, an indication of what the company can afford to pay as a percentage of my investment. This is just my own interpretation, people can interpret this parameter differently. When i look at the figures; Access = 15.32%, First Bank = 8.06%, FCMB = 6.96%, GTB = 8.52, Zenith = 9.79%. Because i'm a dividend guy, i'll stick with a company that can afford to pay me over 10% assuming there will be no dilution of any sorts.

In these exercises, i'm only comparing apples to apples, tier 1 to tier 1, and not Access Bank to Diamond bank, because they both have different fundamentals.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 4:19am On Jan 08, 2013
OK .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 9:24am On Jan 08, 2013
Collinsterol:
been awaiting ur reply all day bro pls

@collinsterol, since you have read those books, then now you can read Trading for a Living by Dr Alexander Elder,Psychology of stock market success by David Dreman, Management in 10 words by Terry Leahy...

Also you can download calibre ebook manageent to your laptop or computer at http://calibre-ebook.com ..the download is free

You can also visit http://www.beginners-investing.com/ for some tips too..

Hope this helps..

2 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 5:23pm On Jan 08, 2013
#NIGERIA STOCK MARKET..#learn the stock price movement analysis patterns with some facts as regard the Nigeria stock market with this free eBook tagged ANALYSIS OF NIGERIA STOCK PRICE TRENDS http://www.smashwords.com/books/download/269152/1/null/0/0/analysis-of-nigeria-stock-price-trend.pdf[url][/url]

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by andico34: 4:48pm On Jan 09, 2013
andico34: uba is strong buy.....constriction and consolidation complete....entry price N4.80- N5.00...target price.....N5.80
target price reached but there is still upward momentum
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by andico34: 4:49pm On Jan 09, 2013
andico34: The right time for both Access Bank and Fcmb was about 2 weeks ago when stockbull made the call....pls investors apply caution now....there was a key resistance that access bank was not able to break today...so i advise you wait for another consolidation for both fcmb and access to get in.....of the banks to watch...diamond bank broke a key resistance today on strong volume....my recommendation is buy...will post further updates.thanks
candle eat candle on diamond bank today...price will still go up

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by andico34: 4:52pm On Jan 09, 2013
dangote sugar....correction...looking to find support at N6.50....middle bollinger band....your possible entry price
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by andico34: 4:53pm On Jan 09, 2013
for presco.....wait to get in at N19...down ward correction

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 4:58pm On Jan 09, 2013
andico34: candle eat candle on diamond bank today...price will still go up

GOOD! WAS THINKING OF SELLING BEFORE BUT WILL HOLD MY FIRE NOW

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 4:59pm On Jan 09, 2013
andico34: for presco.....wait to get in at N19...down ward correction

BROS HOW MUCH MORE DO YOU THINK THIS ONE WILL GO UP AFTER THE PULL BACK?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 5:01pm On Jan 09, 2013
andico34: dangote sugar....correction...looking to find support at N6.50....middle bollinger band....your possible entry price

EXCELLENT! MAKE I POSITION MYSELF HERE WELL WELL TO ENTER!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by andico34: 5:16pm On Jan 09, 2013
feelamong:

BROS HOW MUCH MORE DO YOU THINK THIS ONE WILL GO UP AFTER THE PULL BACK?
will need time to pinpoint it and will post later. thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by andico34: 2:28pm On Jan 11, 2013
andico34: will need time to pinpoint it and will post later. thanks
yes
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by andico34: 2:29pm On Jan 11, 2013
bearish evening star on zenith bank...looking to find support at N18.50-N19.00
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by andico34: 2:33pm On Jan 11, 2013
stock to watch...wapco....if price breaks the middleline of bollinger at N56.....target N62

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by andico34: 2:37pm On Jan 11, 2013
profit taking on sterling bank....best entry price N1.80- N1.90
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by andico34: 2:39pm On Jan 11, 2013
another train looking good is skyebank...if you can get in below N5.50...great

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by andico34: 2:45pm On Jan 11, 2013
another stock to watch is ibtc....everything set for a take off....pls keep on your radar

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by andico34: 2:47pm On Jan 11, 2013
first bank strong buy......target price N17

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (7752) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: IamR, ololufemi and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.