Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,574 members, 7,850,960 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:29 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (1259) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11030623 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1256) (1257) (1258) (1259) (1260) (1261) (1262) ... (7804) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 1:40am On Jan 09, 2016
Born2berich:

God is watching both of you...kontinu.. grin

Sir Born, don't tell me you dey jealous sister Mercy...lol
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IykeWest: 3:39am On Jan 09, 2016
I been up since browsing about Nigerian stock exchange and how it works, how to make money. Didn't know there's a topic about it here on nairaland. I dey hail una o!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ufotty2001: 8:03am On Jan 09, 2016
IykeWest:
I been up since browsing about Nigerian stock exchange and how it works, how to make money. Didn't know there's a topic about it here on nairaland. I dey hail una o!
please pay ur tithe first before we will welcome u here!! grin
IykeWest:
please pay ur tithe first before we will welcome u here!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sirflav: 8:10am On Jan 09, 2016
sky2891:

I know they gave N0.035k last year but considering the anticipated higher dividend, like how much can I estimate based on the Q3 40% increase in PAT? I succeeded in gradually accumulating about 15 million units.

Sir we should be looking at (4.5 - 5) kobo dividend payment and possibly over 50% price appreciation. The appointment of Abubakar as the new chairman is already sending off positive vibes in the industry not to mention its upcoming result which will show a higher increase in underwriting income and therefore PAT, the future of this company is definitely bright. I have acquired 5.8m shares over a few years till date so I bow to your 15m.

It is a good stock, some people watched the price of their stock fall in value while Niger insurance price remained same (being penny stock) and they continually paid dividend (7%) - my investment remained intact.

What other stocks do you have sir?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sky2891: 1:57pm On Jan 09, 2016
sirflav:

Sir we should be looking at (4.5 - 5) kobo dividend payment and possibly over 50% price appreciation. The appointment of Abubakar as the new chairman is already sending off positive vibes in the industry not to mention its upcoming result which will show a higher increase in underwriting income and therefore PAT, the future of this company is definitely bright. I have acquired 5.8m shares over a few years till date so I bow to your 15m.

It is a good stock, some people watched the price of their stock fall in value while Niger insurance price remained same (being penny stock) and they continually paid dividend (7%) - my investment remained intact.

What other stocks do you have sir?

Thank you so much for the information, my brother.
I am currently accumulating FBNH as long as it remains below N5.00 though it may not be the best stock for now considering their loan portfolio and CBN regulations and restrictions on banks but the resilience of this bank for over a century and the new management will of course turn the bank around on the long term. This is a prize we may not witness in the next 10 years. Succeeded with 680,000 units so far and still accumulating gradually FOR LONG TERM.
UBA is also on my radar but I take stocks one at a time and long term.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 2:52pm On Jan 09, 2016
sky2891:

I am currently accumulating FBNH as long as it remains below N5.00 though it may not be the best stock for now considering their loan portfolio and CBN regulations and restrictions on banks but the resilience of this bank for over a century and the new management will of course turn the bank around on the long term. This is a prize we may not witness in the next 10 years. Succeeded with 680,000 units so far and still accumulating gradually FOR LONG TERM.

I don't think it's ideal disclosing your portfolio details in a public forum. Just saying

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 3:06pm On Jan 09, 2016
sky2891:

you are a good investor but if fbnh get below #4 or #4 it will be better for us the low capital investor's .grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 3:20pm On Jan 09, 2016
am of the opinion investor that disclose his portfolio publicly with no evidence have very little or no portfolio. yes it easy for me to say i bought 4 million unit of oando when the bubble was going well but kept mute on the crash. people who actually bought big volume do so quietly.

not common to see people saying i just bought 1000 unit of xyz share

grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Justcul(m): 3:44pm On Jan 09, 2016
currentprice:
am of the opinion investor that disclose his portfolio publicly with no evidence have very little or no portfolio. yes it easy for me to say i bought 4 million unit of oando when the bubble was going well but kept mute on the crash. people who actually bought big volume do so quietly.

grin

in other words, if you want to tell us about your portfolio, take a screen shot and paste it here.. das all! grin
currentprice:

grin

in other words, if you want to tell us about your portfolio, take a screen shot and paste it here.. das all!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 3:51pm On Jan 09, 2016
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 3:58pm On Jan 09, 2016
currentprice:

grin

Okay, I have been buying 1000 units of NESTLE monthly for the past 3 years
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 4:08pm On Jan 09, 2016
Agbalowomeri:

Okay, I have been buying 1000 units of NESTLE monthly for the past 3 years
How ? example . and you buy some #1000+ ?.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 4:20pm On Jan 09, 2016
currentprice:

grin
seriously thinking about this........
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Raider76: 4:25pm On Jan 09, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Thatitan234(m): 6:25pm On Jan 09, 2016
hello guys, please I'm in urgent need of a knowledgeable and experienced stock broker in Lagos.

I stay around iyanaipaja.

please contacts and/or address of the recommended persons will be very much appreciated.

thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 6:32pm On Jan 09, 2016
Thatitan234:
hello guys, please I'm in urgent need of a knowledgeable and experienced stock broker in Lagos.

please contacts and/or address of the recommended persons will be very much appreciated.

thanks.
I don't know of one but there are "reputable" stockbroking firms.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ufotty2001: 6:35pm On Jan 09, 2016
bigass:
A friend just told me she lost 5.5 million. She invested 10 million last year in NSE now her portfolio is worth 4.5 million. Trade with care oooo
my case will never be like this in Jesus name! Amen
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jan 09, 2016
Godisfaithful:

Hahahahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, lobatan Sir Born. Oya email me...lol. Mercy naa my sister joor grin

Tell him ooo. It seems he has forgotten we are bnsitl.

Every single pm was a hit, back to back.......

Egbon, if u need his pm, come and take it.
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 8:14pm On Jan 09, 2016
ufotty2001:
my case will never be like this in Jesus name! Amen

Then leave the market right away...This is not your line of business.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SWG1: 9:56pm On Jan 09, 2016
mercylicious:
This thread is da bomb.
B2br is the man of the week.

Kudos to all those that made a kill.

I am currently trapped in transcorp, afriprud and fcmb.
I don't even have time these days to set trades, I shld exit my vita foam at 5.30 or 5.35, though na tasere units I get there.

I have plenty idle money now looking for where to invest but am currently blank.
A friend asked me my investment plan this year and till now, I am unable to answer that question.

2016 is likely going to be the worst year for banks. Cot is now zero. Economy is shaking. No money in the polity. Fg, state and lg are broke. Businesses are dying cos of exchange rate. Who do u lend to that won't dafault? Tb rates are 4 to 5%, no fx even to pay for goods that are valid for fx. There is serious reduction in purchasing power. It will affect every sector but some will be hit more. When I talk like this, my friend tells me that it is not for us or believers.

I am just being realistic. I am still in deep thoughts.

Pls don't still answer the question.
U are so on point, I recall saying a financial holocaust is coming beginning of last yr.
But the feminine is not for believers. Think outside the box. buy over companies not tiny shares. But divinely seek the right company to mop up.

So Wats up with our Agricultural business, have u reconsidered?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jan 09, 2016
DeRuggedProf:

Then leave the market right away...This is not your line of business.
if he leaves now,na you go stay?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jan 09, 2016
SWG1:

Pls don't still answer the question.
U are so on point, I recall saying a financial holocaust is coming beginning of last yr.
But the feminine is not for believers. Think outside the box. buy over companies not tiny shares. But divinely seek the right company to mop up.

So Wats up with our Agricultural business, have u reconsidered?

Its very much on my mind, but Sandfly chased me away from farming. I get ajebota skin that is susceptible to sandfly. It is a story for another day.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ibe9ja: 11:38pm On Jan 09, 2016
sky2891:

I know they gave N0.035k last year but considering the anticipated higher dividend, like how much can I estimate based on the Q3 40% increase in PAT? I succeeded in gradually accumulating about 15 million units.

sirflav:

Sir we should be looking at (4.5 - 5) kobo dividend payment and possibly over 50% price appreciation. The appointment of Abubakar as the new chairman is already sending off positive vibes in the industry not to mention its upcoming result which will show a higher increase in underwriting income and therefore PAT, the future of this company is definitely bright. I have acquired 5.8m shares over a few years till date so I bow to your 15m. It is a good stock, some people watched the price of their stock fall in value while Niger insurance price remained same (being penny stock) and they continually paid dividend (7%) - my investment remained intact. What other stocks do you have sir?

sky2891:

I am currently accumulating FBNH as long as it remains below N5.00 though it may not be the best stock for now considering their loan portfolio and CBN regulations and restrictions on banks but the resilience of this bank for over a century and the new management will of course turn the bank around on the long term. This is a prize we may not witness in the next 10 years. Succeeded with 680,000 units so far and still accumulating gradually FOR LONG TERM. UBA is also on my radar but I take stocks one at a time and long term.

BEWARE of these people/monikers. They may be one and d same person. Otherwise, dey are either monkey hunters or have smtin up their sleeves.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ibe9ja: 12:04am On Jan 10, 2016
sirflav:
Is niger insurance not a good buy?? from offer of 52 million to no more offer again o

sirflav:
I have acquired 5.8m shares over a few years till date so I bow to your 15m.

Less dan a week ago u asked if Niger Insurance was a gud buy. And over d years u have accumulated 5.8 million shares of it. It is either u are Lai Mohammed by claiming u acquired 5.8 million shares or u were monkey hunting wen u asked if Niger insurance was a gud buy.

It is a good stock, some people watched the price of their stock fall in value while Niger insurance price remained same

@0.50 kobo?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 3:56am On Jan 10, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sirflav: 6:42am On Jan 10, 2016
ibe9ja:

BEWARE of these people/monikers. They may be one and d same person. Otherwise, dey are either monkey hunters or have smtin up their sleeves.

I understand your fears sir I am not a monkey hunter or whatever you meant by that. Neither do I have something up my sleeves. Is it wrong to point out the improving facts that Niger insurance is doing well?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sirflav: 6:47am On Jan 10, 2016
sirflav:
Is niger insurance not a good buy?? from offer of 52 million to no more offer again o

ibe9ja:

Less dan a week ago u asked if Niger Insurance was a gud buy. And over d years u have accumulated 5.8 million shares of it. It is either u are Lai Mohammed by claiming u acquired 5.8 million shares or u were monkey hunting wen u asked if Niger insurance was a gud buy.

My first acquisition of Niger Insurance was in 2010 at 50 kobo since then I have been acquiring more and collecting my dividend. A week ago I noticed the 52million shares on offer vanished and I believed that the move was on the back of the recent appointment of Yusuf Abubakar and the growing revenue of the company with the expectant end of year financial results. This drove me to pose that question to discover the opinions of fellow members since knowledge is the outcome of all. I then acquired almost 900,000 new shares.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sirflav: 6:52am On Jan 10, 2016
ibe9ja:

@0.50 kobo?

Yes at 50 kobo. A penny stock that can go no lower in price and pays dividends. I have shares that have depreciated in value but my NigerInsurance investment has remained the same and I have joyfully been receiving dividends. So since 2010 Nigerinsurance is one company where I have made no loss whatsoever on my investment.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sirflav: 6:55am On Jan 10, 2016
sky2891:

Yes sir I also agree with your long term focus so my only fear of FBHN is their small dividend payments cause like yourself I have kept my stocks for many years now and look out for dividend payments. Of recent I have been gently acquiring zenith bank, UBA and Dangcem believing that these stocks will continue to pay high yield dividend

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 8:14am On Jan 10, 2016
Thatitan234:

thanks.
You should be able to get to stockbrokers at Ikeja, Investment one have an office Maryland
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 8:25am On Jan 10, 2016
sky2891:

Good to see that we have some long term investors here. How long have you been accumulating FBNH shares? What value did you see in the stock? I hope you have multiple streams of income, because relying solely on the stockmarket or one source of income is highly dangerous to your financial well-being. I was able to increase my FBNH holding by 100k units between November and December 2015.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 8:36am On Jan 10, 2016
currentprice:

grin
The volume of stock bought by anyone is of little importance to me, the volume of shares bought is just a number like your age, your weight, nos of children, nos of stocks in your portfolio, and some of us do not need to nor have the luxury of time to confirm if figures are right of wrong. What I am interested in are the reasons for the stock purchase purchase and where the investor sees the company in 5 years or more.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1256) (1257) (1258) (1259) (1260) (1261) (1262) ... (7804) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: cocolacec(m), femu(m), Raider76, kolaish(m), dapix, kaykehin, Adinije(f), unite4real, aimaft, SetrakusRa(m), Stan2330(m), coinbrood, Streetinvestor2 and 15 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.