Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (1279) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10965918 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1276) (1277) (1278) (1279) (1280) (1281) (1282) ... (7780) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 3:15pm On Jan 15, 2016
ihedioramma:
Why?
hmm. cause I anticipate a further fall to get a larger unit with same capital
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by FranklinRich: 3:19pm On Jan 15, 2016
[quote author=ihedioramma post=42002882][/quote]

Am not in oando and Fbnh. Of course I am losing (about 20%) on all my stocks at the moment. I can't really time the market so I just keep buying when I see good prices. I started buying last year during the sell offs in August/September.I have mostly bank stocks (access,zenith,Uba and GTB) cos that's where I see the highest dividend yield been paid for their 2015 financial year end.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by FranklinRich: 3:24pm On Jan 15, 2016
locodemy:

i will buy mine at 8.00 then average like you did at 5.00 and my last average if oil reaches $20 at 2.50.God bless you sir for the write up.

All this una prices dey fear me ooo. I have never seen such crazy prices since I started investing on the NSE. For me and my household, we will keep buying quality stocks as money comes in cos I dnt know what the future holds.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gbolah4real: 3:24pm On Jan 15, 2016
Chibuking81:
Even at #4 and #3 they are still sound, and I will get it at that price.

You actually think the prices will get to N3,N4 before Jan 26? shocked
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 3:26pm On Jan 15, 2016
FranklinRich:

Am not in oando and Fbnh. Of course I am losing (about 20%) on all my stocks at the moment. I can't really time the market so I just keep buying when I see good prices. I started buying last year during the sell offs in August/September.I have mostly bank stocks (access,zenith,Uba and GTB) cos that's where I see the highest dividend yield been paid for their 2015 financial year end.
grin thats good. this what make me like( NSE )If price go up or down your units is your units and dividend and bonus must come if they give any.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jan 15, 2016
gbolah4real:

dont mind him.Na em papa dey give am food and that is why he is dragging our prices down.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 3:33pm On Jan 15, 2016
gbolah4real:

by April
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 3:33pm On Jan 15, 2016
Intendy:

hmm.
cause I anticipate a further fall to get a larger unit with same capital
we are in the same company( the small capital investors) but power must change hand this year .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 3:34pm On Jan 15, 2016
locodemy:

dont mind him.Na em papa dey give am food and that is why he is dragging our prices down.
cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 3:36pm On Jan 15, 2016
Chibuking81:
by April
what price of stock are you talking about?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Adssy: 3:40pm On Jan 15, 2016
Me, I don't know why the wrong posting, i'm just glad I can have my money back. I think we should all be patient with MorganCapital, I have heard from a representative that the errors will be corrected but I do agree that they should have informed us.

stockbull:
is it true the #5,000 was correct? is it right to delete the January annual charge from the statement of account, imputed the newly charge 5,000 into October trading activities when it is posted in January 2016,do any of you experience free credit of 2,500 on your account balance in October 2015, that you've easily forgotten now?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 3:49pm On Jan 15, 2016
jamace:
Skye bank has come down to earth. Wahala dey o. grin
i think this mercy stock?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jan 15, 2016
ihedioramma:
i think this mercy stock?

you mean mercy is below #1.00? chai this guy.you are are badt somebody.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 3:58pm On Jan 15, 2016
You guys should be patient, just check out :

UACN
PZ
JB
Cadbury
Zenith
GTB
ETI

These good stock are falling everyday, if your patient and watchful you will make good money of the floor this year.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Adssy: 3:59pm On Jan 15, 2016
I totally believe maybe your issue wasn't resolved on time maybe it was an oversight. I have heard from others that their services is quite good, is just that we Nigerians pretend not to understand our own banking systems especially when multiple transfer hits an account.

stokfrick:

This is becoming a serious problem and its very bad! Very poor communication between Morgan and its clients. We keep complaining about their customer service and their management does nothing about it. Bnsitl I think we should let them know we are no longer comfortable with this.the should improve on their public relations dept.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 4:30pm On Jan 15, 2016
locodemy:

you mean mercy is below #1.00? chai this guy.you are are badt somebody.
Remember am Brother not guy and am not badt somebody grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debeey87(m): 5:15pm On Jan 15, 2016
FranklinRich:

My oga Agbalowomeri with his words of wisdom, I hail ooo.

This market is not for the faint-hearted ooo. These prices I am seeing be like Black Friday sales Oo. Sold off some of my FX stash and added more units to my previously held zenith shares and bought my first tranche of GTB today. Nothing as sweet as picking some good quality stocks at giveaway prices.

I might be wrong but I am hearing from the grapevines that devaluation might come before this month runs out. If that happens and they move the trading band to N230 or so, then we might see some foreign guys taking up some quality stocks.

As usual do your due diligence and brace yourself for more volatility cos the storm is not over yet.

Can you explain moving the trading band to 230
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 5:28pm On Jan 15, 2016
FranklinRich:

My oga Agbalowomeri with his words of wisdom, I hail ooo.

This market is not for the faint-hearted ooo. These prices I am seeing be like Black Friday sales Oo. Sold off some of my FX stash and added more units to my previously held zenith shares and bought my first tranche of GTB today. Nothing as sweet as picking some good quality stocks at giveaway prices.

I might be wrong but I am hearing from the grapevines that devaluation might come before this month runs out. If that happens and they move the trading band to N230 or so, then we might see some foreign guys taking up some quality stocks.

As usual do your due diligence and brace yourself for more volatility cos the storm is not over yet.

Bros devaluation is one thing that is not gonna happen either now or 5 years from now..

If CBN devalues what do you think will happen to the price of fuel??

PMB is not ready to start fighting any war of fuel price increase with the labour union and wailers yet.....

so just keep buying and hoping that the coys whose shares you buy are able to navigate thru the looming hard times well!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chichi234(f): 5:28pm On Jan 15, 2016
I think GTbank is going to 7.8
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by freeman67: 5:57pm On Jan 15, 2016
bigass:
New bigass

Morgan capita is not fraudulent. There was a system error that credited clients their annual fees. Normal companies will communicate a detailed explanation to their clients before the new deductions.

If you have time go through your statement. It will balance out. No extra deduction

It's either you are a staff/ally of the company or you are paid to defend them.

If I may ask.., why would there be a reversal in October last year and there will wait it till January this year before deducting it back? Which financial institution does that?

Also why was there no notice to customers?
Why was it erased from customers statement?

Lots of questions to ask and at the end there will only defend themselves.

My account was deducted early last year after filling e bonus form. When I asked, I was told it was told then that I can now get my bonus in my account directly yet FBNH bonus was credit to my CSCS acct but I still don't see it in my Morgan account.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Yem0350: 6:06pm On Jan 15, 2016
The issue of double deduction of access charge by Morgan Capital has been escalated to the appropriate authority and it is being worked upon. Kindly exercise patience.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 6:15pm On Jan 15, 2016
Here is the last straw, the final blow on Nigeria's oil economy.
Oil may now drop to $20, and Nigeria's oil costs $20/barrel to produce.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-iran-oil-exports-idUSKCN0UT098
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by freeman67: 6:48pm On Jan 15, 2016
Yem0350:
The issue of double deduction of access charge by Morgan Capital has been escalated to the appropriate authority and it is being worked upon. Kindly exercise patience.

Thanks Yemo0350 that's what we expect to hear. Even though it shouldn't have happened in the first place. Not someone coming to tell us that if we are not lazy we should calculate when the money is obviously missing.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 7:09pm On Jan 15, 2016
stockbull:
I think this is obvious manipulation..I've heard someone talking to me about it today. the same thing happened to the accounts I've with them. they're not replying my mails since I promise to take it up. the so called, erroneously reversed #2,500 has not shown on the BALANCE and also, the statement of account of their clients were edited from their end.

have just noticed this (?dodgy) entry. I have always been charged the annual fee in October.

I opened my A/C in October 2014, was charged
2.5K in October 14
2.5K in October 15
2.5K in January 16

I'll get on the blower to them on Monday. Every little helps (as my favourite grocery chain would say)
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 7:12pm On Jan 15, 2016
zendi:
Here is the last straw, the final blow on Nigeria's oil economy.
Oil may now drop to $20, and Nigeria's oil costs $20/barrel to produce.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-iran-oil-exports-idUSKCN0UT098

Chai.......... I think it's high time we up North starts hoarding our Crops, Vegetables and Livestocks.
Just as the Niger Deltans and Easterners were shouting OUR OYEL. We must start shouting OUR FOODS.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 7:36pm On Jan 15, 2016
rebekah2011:

I agree with you. But the company should not have gone back to adjust the entry they made in Jan 2015 when we were debited N5,000 instead of N2500. There is also no trace of the reversal of entry in October 2015. Our blood is hot, having lost heavily. So deductions from our accounts however little it is will be challenged. Morgan is cool and to say they are fraudulent is not complimentary enough.
i was debited twices ...but this october reversal that i dnt undastand..... wen i funded my acct in dec 2015, i was charge. bt now i can see that in d acct statement again how can yu charge me for oct 2015 wen i open my acct with them in dec 2015......
dnt undastan
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Yem0350: 7:48pm On Jan 15, 2016
The Nigerian Stock Exchange has announced the Index Circuit Breakers Rule will be effective from today, Friday 15th of January.

Rule 15.46: Trading Halts Due to Extraordinary Market Volatility (Index Circuit Breakers)

(a)   The Exchange shall halt trading in all stocks and shall not reopen for the time period specified in this Rule if there is a Significant Market move in either direction.

(b)   For purposes of this Rule, a Significant Market move means a five per-cent (5%) move in price of the All Share Index between 10:15am and 13:45pm on a trading day as compared to the closing price of the All Share Index for the immediately preceding trading day.

(c)   Halts in Trading: if a Significant Market move occurs after 10.15am and any time up to and including 13.45pm The Exchange shall halt trading in all stocks for thirty (30) minutes. The Exchange shall not halt trading if a Significant Market move occurs after 13.45pm.The Exchange shall halt and reopen trading based on a Significant Market move only once per trading day.

(d)   If, following the reopening of trading after a Significant Market move halt, the All Share Index moves further by a minimum of five per-cent (5%) below its closing value on the immediately preceding trading day, during any trading day The Exchange will halt all trading for the remainder of the day. The last traded price in any security prior to the closing of the market shall be deemed the closing price in such security for the day.

(e)   Re-opening of Trading: the re-opening of trading following a trading halt shall follow the procedures as may be set forth by The Exchange.

(f)     Nothing in this Rule shall be construed to limit the ability of The Exchange to otherwise halt, suspend, or pause the trading in any stock or stocks traded on The Exchange pursuant to any other Exchange rule or policy.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 8:44pm On Jan 15, 2016
Yem0350:
The Nigerian Stock Exchange has announced the Index Circuit Breakers Rule will be effective from today, Friday 15th of January.

Rule 15.46: Trading Halts Due to Extraordinary Market Volatility (Index Circuit Breakers)

(a)   The Exchange shall halt trading in all stocks and shall not reopen for the time period specified in this Rule if there is a Significant Market move in either direction.

(b)   For purposes of this Rule, a Significant Market move means a five per-cent (5%) move in price of the All Share Index between 10:15am and 13:45pm on a trading day as compared to the closing price of the All Share Index for the immediately preceding trading day.

(c)   Halts in Trading: if a Significant Market move occurs after 10.15am and any time up to and including 13.45pm The Exchange shall halt trading in all stocks for thirty (30) minutes. The Exchange shall not halt trading if a Significant Market move occurs after 13.45pm.The Exchange shall halt and reopen trading based on a Significant Market move only once per trading day.

(d)   If, following the reopening of trading after a Significant Market move halt, the All Share Index moves further by a minimum of five per-cent (5%) below its closing value on the immediately preceding trading day, during any trading day The Exchange will halt all trading for the remainder of the day. The last traded price in any security prior to the closing of the market shall be deemed the closing price in such security for the day.

(e)   Re-opening of Trading: the re-opening of trading following a trading halt shall follow the procedures as may be set forth by The Exchange.

(f)     Nothing in this Rule shall be construed to limit the ability of The Exchange to otherwise halt, suspend, or pause the trading in any stock or stocks traded on The Exchange pursuant to any other Exchange rule or policy.

When a town crier tries to outshine
the king,then he will know the
difference between palm oil and
blood!!!...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 15, 2016
Intendy:

blood!!!...
Intendy:

blood!!!...

Yes ooo. This means that when u are trapped, u are trapped. Imagine what happens to transcorp when many ppl are trying to exit the door, now imagine what will happen when the breaker rule is broken. Everybody will put bd at once.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 8:56pm On Jan 15, 2016
mercylicious:

Yes ooo. This means that when u are trapped, u are trapped. Imagine what happens to transcorp when many ppl are trying to exit the door, now imagine what will happen when the breaker rule is broken. Everybody will put bd at once.

Do you mean the rule is bad for the market or what?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 15, 2016
I remember one of stock bull rules. When the large caps are loosing, sell, even if ur share is not losing.

The longer the bear, the longer it takes to recover.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onicha123(m): 9:52pm On Jan 15, 2016
hello guys....
I have been following up on the discussion on stocks ...to be honest I find it hard to understand what you guys say something.I really want to understand how this stock thingy works....I need help.
I know there are lot of pros in this house.
and do I need to go to school or become certified to trade stocks.

thanks guys

(1) (2) (3) ... (1276) (1277) (1278) (1279) (1280) (1281) (1282) ... (7780) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: handsomebolanle, Adinije(f) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.