Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,460 members, 7,850,601 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:30 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (1685) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11029241 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1682) (1683) (1684) (1685) (1686) (1687) (1688) ... (7803) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 12:06pm On Jul 01, 2016
735i:
I've missed the oando train cry

other trains will come.
protect capital
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 12:13pm On Jul 01, 2016
grin ok Godisfaithful dividend #3.50 or #2 ? What of bonus cool?.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by godlyguy(m): 12:15pm On Jul 01, 2016
Don't rush into OANDO yet... Ensure to study the market for the next few days before making any decision... OANDO has lots of technicalities surrounding it. BE INFORMED!

THE BIG SMART GUY

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Rexceedo: 12:45pm On Jul 01, 2016
IMAGINE!! Please gurus should shade light on this- why is it so? Or are the pessimists MONKEY HUNTERS?
binaflexia:
I can't study financial statements properly yet. But if OANDO's result is not looking good, then while is it on a full bid with today's max price?
Can someone help with little summary of the result?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Primetech(m): 1:00pm On Jul 01, 2016
OANDO Q1 PAT N4.1bn... Dat's what the bid is about.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 1:08pm On Jul 01, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 1:12pm On Jul 01, 2016
Rexceedo:
IMAGINE!! Please gurus should shade light on this- why is it so? Or are the pessimists MONKEY HUNTERS?

I do not know what people want. If your appetite for risk is big, go and buy but if you do not want to lose your shirt, trousers and underwears. Then comot face. The long road to profit is long for Oando. The issues in the account are huge Intangible assets 255b- definitely, these are assets acquired at massive goodwill, are these assets not yet impaired? The loans too are also massive and the company is not generating enough to repay back this quickly. But the management and the Directors are rewarding themselves generously.

Do not be sucked. It may rise today but when the dumping will start. Do not say you were not warned.

Going concern
The Group and Company recorded comprehensive losses, net of tax of N37.8billion and N56.6billion respectively during the year ended 31 December 2015 (2014 comprehensive losses:
Group ” N116.5billion; Company ” N66.5billion). As of year-end, the Group and Company were in net current liabilities position of N247.9billion and N32.8billion respectively (2014 net
current liabilities: Group ” N329.0billion; Company ” N34.7billion). Management has developed key strategic initiatives which aim to return the Company (and Group) to profitability, improve
working capital and cash flows. The key initiatives include:

- Conversion of the ‚convertible loan notes‛ of N36.4billion currently classified under current liability to equity, which conversion has been approved by the shareholders of Oando Plc and
which will commensurately increase shareholders’ funds by N36.4billion;
- A refinancing of approximately N94.6billion [/b]of short term borrowings into a new five-year medium term loan note facility which took place on June 6, 2016;
- Divestment of the energy services business leads to deconsolidation of approximately [b]N43billion
debt from the Group’s statement of financial position;
- Partial divestment and recapitalisation of the downstream division of which net proceeds of approximately N44billion will be used entirely to pay down debt, while deconsolidation of the
downstream division will remove the downstream debt from the Group’s statement of financial position;
- Partial divestment of the midstream business to raise up to N40billion, for which proceeds will be used to pay down debt; and
- Sale of the Company’s shares in Oando Energy Resources to raise up to N30billion in order to fund working capital and further pay down debt
These conditions indicate the existence of material uncertainty which may cast significant doubt on the Company’s ability to continue as a going concern and, therefore, the Company may
be unable to realise its assets and discharge its liabilities in the normal course of business.
The financial statements have been prepared on the basis of accounting principles applicable to a going concern. This basis presumes that the realisation of assets and settlement of liabilities will occur in the ordinary course of business.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Primetech(m): 1:17pm On Jul 01, 2016
I think Oando's result may just have turned around the day's fortune... grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by NextProdigy(m): 1:27pm On Jul 01, 2016
The OANDO company na the real "Monkey Hunter." grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jul 01, 2016
Primetech:

So oando has returned to profitability.
Good news.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by forbes30: 2:06pm On Jul 01, 2016
mercylicious:

So oando has returned to profitability.
Good news.
------------------------------
...whats to say this report was not doctored............?..............

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yom2(m): 2:14pm On Jul 01, 2016
Primetech:
where did they get that frm? Have they cleared d sebts?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yom2(m): 2:19pm On Jul 01, 2016
rebekah2011:

I do not know what people want. If your appetite for risk is big, go and buy but if you do not want to lose your shirt, trousers and underwears. Then comot face. The long road to profit is long for Oando. The issues in the account are huge Intangible assets 255b- definitely, these are assets acquired at massive goodwill, are these assets not yet impaired? The loans too are also massive and the company is not generating enough to repay back this quickly. But the management and the Directors are rewarding themselves generously.

Do not be sucked. It may rise today but when the dumping will start. Do not say you were not warned.
well good for them, atleast they dont do jijo
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 3:30pm On Jul 01, 2016
stock with new 52 weeks high

Union Dicon salt #17.35

No new low
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 3:51pm On Jul 01, 2016
The market reaction towards the stock was still not impressive. Dont get sucked in. #jokeoftheyear

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 4:20pm On Jul 01, 2016
Born2berich:
The market reaction towards the stock was still not impressive. Dont get sucked in. #jokeoftheyear

Thanks for this piece of info...As for me, i refuse to be deceived joining the bandwagon by putting my hard-earned money in Oando...Oando is a disaster in waiting...It might go under soon if...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debeey87(m): 4:46pm On Jul 01, 2016

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 5:28pm On Jul 01, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 01, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 7:25pm On Jul 01, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 01, 2016
Coolcash1:

Thanks for this piece of info...As for me, i refuse to be deceived joining the bandwagon by putting my hard-earned money in Oando...Oando is a disaster in waiting...It might go under soon if...

This kind of statements always come from people whose fingers are well burnt by a particular stock.i guess oando has dealt with you guys........For me o.....i am enjoying oando because i entered at a right time.hurray! oando has returned to profitability and there is no going back........expect good half year result that will drive the stock above #10.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 8:26pm On Jul 01, 2016
locodemy:

This kind of statements always come from people whose fingers are well burnt by a particular stock.i guess oando has dealt with you guys........For me o.....i am enjoying oando because i entered at a right time.hurray! oando has returned to profitability and there is no going back........expect good half year result that will drive the stock above #10.

No qualms bro...enjoy while it last.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by otokx(m): 9:02pm On Jul 01, 2016
Why OANDO and Skyebank have not filed for bankruptcy baffles me.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Atk1nson(m): 9:06pm On Jul 01, 2016
locodemy:

Above 10? Oando is a going concern at the moment.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 9:18pm On Jul 01, 2016
still waiting for peterichy's comment on Oando.......probably the fight between tinubu and the chairman Nigeria shareholders Association @ the last agm is now yeilding fruits

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by godlyguy(m): 9:51pm On Jul 01, 2016
godlyguy:
Don't rush into OANDO yet... Ensure to study the market for the next few days before making any decision... OANDO has lots of technicalities surrounding it. BE INFORMED!

THE BIG SMART GUY

nairametrics.com/implication-of-oandos-latest-n49-6-billion-loss/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by godlyguy(m): 9:56pm On Jul 01, 2016
godlyguy:

THE BIG SMART GUY

www.nairametrics.com/implication-of-oandos-latest-n49-6-billion-loss/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 10:48pm On Jul 01, 2016
If you are my smart Brother try and buy OANDO on monday befor 1pm but dont for get DD, one love .

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 11:12pm On Jul 01, 2016
Godisfaithful:
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/14132_OANDO_PLC_PRESS_RELEASE_FY_RESULTS_CORPORATE_ACTIONS_JULY_2016.pdf

http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/14131_OANDO_PLC_PRESS_RELEASE_Q1_RESULTS_CORPORATE_ACTIONS_JULY_2016.pdf

NO ONE HIDES EVEN 'PRESUMPTIVE' GOOD DANCE STEPS... grin grin grin.
THE MONTH JUST ENDED YESTERDAY... grin grin grin
LOOKS MORE LIKE 'ARRANGED RESULT' grin grin grin ;
PREPARED SINCE DECEMBER 2015.... grin grin grin
EVEN THE AUDITORS ARE 'SCARED'.grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 6:44am On Jul 02, 2016
ihedioramma:
If you are my smart Brother try and buy OANDO on monday befor 1pm but dont for get DD, one love .

I disagree with you..The cause of the bull on the stock is because investors didn't understand the results posted. The group q1 2016 Pat posted was occasioned by income from non-operating activity that is one off. Perhaps, they believe, judging by its sizer the company is too big to fail...Which is a pure deception...With a trade debt over N300b throwing its working capital into negative, creditors can file for winding up of the company to recover their money.. Essentially litigation threats of liquidation would be high and other drastic measures may as well be taken to get their money back...Before one plunge into the murky waters of oando, it's advisable it's done after q3 when it will be known whether it has returned to profitability or result was doctored to deceive gullible investors

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 9:07am On Jul 02, 2016
Coolcash1:

I disagree with you..The cause of the bull on the stock is because investors didn't understand the results posted. The group q1 2016 Pat posted was occasioned by income from non-operating activity that is one off. Perhaps, they believe, judging by its sizer the company is too big to fail...Which is a pure deception...With a trade debt over N300b throwing its working capital into negative, creditors can file for winding up of the company to recover their money.. Essentially litigation threats of liquidation would be high and other drastic measures may as well be taken to get their money back...Before one plunge into the murky waters of oando, it's advisable it's done after q3 when it will be known whether it has returned to profitability or result was doctored to deceive gullible investors
Ok thank's . thats your own DD for you . one love .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by davide470(m): 10:00am On Jul 02, 2016
Coolcash1:

One thing we must get is Oando is not a stock driven by fundamentals.. It's 98% purely sentiments..

I posted this quote below a while back. If you acted, good for you.. If not, Sorry.
davide470:
Oando secured c.N96bn loan from 10 banks..

A birdie also chipped that their Q1 would be in the green zone, but FY'15 red zone.

DD, always!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1682) (1683) (1684) (1685) (1686) (1687) (1688) ... (7803) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Hedgefunds, BullBearMkt(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.