Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,900 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (1755) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10901847 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1752) (1753) (1754) (1755) (1756) (1757) (1758) ... (7756) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by godlyguy(m): 6:36pm On Jul 28, 2016
THE FEAR OF OANDO is the beginning of making money for someone... OANDO is a stock that has wrecked many and have MADE many as well... When you hear OANDO run for your life if you aren't smart on its technicalities!

NSE is for matured minds and never for kids! YOU don't need to agree with me in order to drive your point home... YES, I invested heavily in SKYEBANK and still mopping as many as I can lay hands on & soonest I will get rewarded heavily... I have my targets set... THE NEXT stock on my mind is SEPLAT @#150/below... I surely know how NSE works...

THE BIG SMART GUY

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jul 28, 2016
feelamong:
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/14455_ZENITH_BANK_-_LATE_FILING_OF_ACCTS_CORPORATE_ACTIONS_JULY_2016.pdf

Approval for Extension of submission to Aug 31st 2016

and the wait kontinus
No wonder this one reversed.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jul 28, 2016
feelamong:
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/14449_AFRICA_PRUDENTIAL_Q2_JUNE_2016_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_JULY_2016.pdf

These guys need to rejig their Investment team...

OK..the first 3 - 4 months of the year had very poor rates on Treasury Bills

We should expect a lot better now as the rates on Tbills are on the high
Any interim?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 6:51pm On Jul 28, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 7:03pm On Jul 28, 2016
mercylicious:

No wonder this one reversed.

seems there are 2 types of late filing
1) d profit warning type 2) d board approval seeking interim payout (only 3 will pay, d fourth is yet to file late)
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by davide470(m): 7:28pm On Jul 28, 2016
Adesiji77:
http://businessdayonline.com/cbn-directs-banks-to-provide-for-foreign-currency-loans/

davide.470, what impact do you expect this directive to have on the banks' books?
Brotherly,

Well, you took a foreign loan at an exchange rate of N197, then floating rate system came, now the rate of your loan is c.N310.. (Spread of c.N113 per $1 dollar)

Baba, the profit for the banks with more foreign loans would declined like magic! based on the new rates..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 7:35pm On Jul 28, 2016
Banks with enough foreign subsidiaries could edge against such but I pity smaller banks.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 7:40pm On Jul 28, 2016
ukay2:

Oga feelamong....please any interim dividend for APR?
Please reply...am loaded in APR

No Interim sir!

Let's wait till year end!

I also expect the bears to devour this well!

N2 here we come!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Adesiji77: 8:13pm On Jul 28, 2016
davide470:
Brotherly,

Well, you took a foreign loan at an exchange rate of N197, then floating rate system came, now the rate of your loan is c.N310.. (Spread of c.N113 per $1 dollar)

Baba, the profit for the banks with more foreign loans would declined like magic! based on the new rates..

Thanks bro. I guess that FBN, Stanbic IBTC and Diamond are likely to be the hardest hit by this directive going by the FX-denominated loans in their books.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 8:37pm On Jul 28, 2016
feelamong:
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/14449_AFRICA_PRUDENTIAL_Q2_JUNE_2016_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_JULY_2016.pdf

UCAP is so lucky, it will soon become the AGE MATE of APR in share price....I cant remember who rightly predicted that on this forum...This forum can make one very rich if he can align his hunches diagonally with the precipitates of the waxed posts here, while keeping his emotions sentenced to eternal abyss without an option of a fine...... grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by iamgoodness(f): 8:46pm On Jul 28, 2016
Like their page for job opportunities with them: www.facebook.com/mygoodnessstores
MyGoodness Stores is an online store aimed at meeting the fashion needs of its customers at best prices. The CEO, Corper Uzowuru Ebere Goodness, has nurtured this idea of being an entrepreneur. The economic meltdown and level of joblessness in the country today triggered this vision.
MyGoodness Online Stores is giving the general populace as well as corpers the opportunity to partner/own their own business. This could be part-time or fulltime. Corpers/Awaiting nysc members who are also good in graphics and design and digital marketing are also welcome. See this analysis:-
As an NYSC member,you earn N19,800/30 days = N660 daily. Some hawkers make more than that. Let’s wake up and be more productive,proactive and create room for more income. The earlier we wake up and smell the coffee, the better for us all. Let’s stop waiting for the government to feed us, that is where we are in this age.You can earn as much as you want by selling any fashion product of your interest online.You could also start up your own online mall. Make effective use of the SAED lectures you had.
Have an entrepreneural mindset today. Join/Partner with MyGoodness Stores.
Nigeria’s ours,Nigeria we stand!!!
Like their page for job opportunities with them: www.facebook.com/mygoodnessstores
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 9:26pm On Jul 28, 2016
Coolcash1:

The opportunity for you too to follow chop is beckoning...Just sharpen your cutlass and get ready... grin
I sharpen am, plus shine four eyes dey wait. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 9:28pm On Jul 28, 2016
feelamong:

Disappointing result.. This will meet me at the N2 junction... UCAP is next smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 9:32pm On Jul 28, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 9:36pm On Jul 28, 2016
Intendy:
http://nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/14462_FORTE_OIL_PLC_Q2_JUNE_2016_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_JULY_2016.pdf
megainvest:
And AIICO is not left out of the insurance party either!

http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/14441_AIICO_INSURANCE_PLC_Q2_JUNE_2016_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_JULY_2016.pdf

Despite the harsh economy, they still made profit.. Am impressed and expect both stocks to be on bid tomorrow
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 9:39pm On Jul 28, 2016
feelamong:
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/14455_ZENITH_BANK_-_LATE_FILING_OF_ACCTS_CORPORATE_ACTIONS_JULY_2016.pdf

Approval for Extension of submission to Aug 31st 2016

and the wait kontinus
From what I have read here, I expect this result to drop any time from now..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 9:43pm On Jul 28, 2016
EDUECO:
https://www.skyebankng.com/docs/Combined%20list%20of%20NPLs%20for%20Publishing.xlsx (A total of N9,375,276,467.72 Non Performing Loans)
Skye bank shareholders, come and check the list of debtors owing your bank.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 9:50pm On Jul 28, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 9:58pm On Jul 28, 2016
Born2berich:
https://trwstockbrokers./2016/07/28/breaking-mtn-to-list-on-nigerian-stock-exchange-in-2017-thecable/

Get your cash ready. smiley
Where the cash wan come from? FBNH don cease all my idle Funds.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 10:02pm On Jul 28, 2016
9free:

Where the cash wan come from? FBNH don cease all my idle Funds.
You can take a loan from skye bank na. Highest dem go add your name join debtor list. grin

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 10:07pm On Jul 28, 2016
Born2berich:
Skye bank shareholders, come and check the list of debtors owing your bank.

We need their house addresses too.... grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Hayyee2002: 10:11pm On Jul 28, 2016
Born2berich:

Despite the harsh economy, they still made profit.. Am impressed and expect both stocks to be on bid tomorrow

AIICO did not only made profit.
With 20kobo earnings per share compared to 11kobo same time last year on a 70kobo SP as at today's market closing.

On top of that still having cash and cash equivalent of over 8billion naira!!!

That is an outstanding result given the current economic headwinds.

They suppose declare interim dividend sef if their Directors no dey stingy grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 10:12pm On Jul 28, 2016
Born2berich:
https://trwstockbrokers./2016/07/28/breaking-mtn-to-list-on-nigerian-stock-exchange-in-2017-thecable/

Get your cash ready. smiley

After the FLESH is gone Telcos are not as JUICY as before....SEPLAT's sister loading.. grin grin grin

AFTER THE FLESH, SHARE THE BONE.... grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 10:20pm On Jul 28, 2016
Hayyee2002:

With 20kobo earnings per share compared to 11kobo same time last year on a 70kobo SP as at today's market closing.

They suppose declare interim dividend sef if their Directors no dey stingy grin grin grin grin

INSURANCE COYS are better analysed after FY AUDITED RESULT is out. Their financial gymnastics is next to magic... grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megainvest: 10:38pm On Jul 28, 2016
Hayyee2002:

AIICO is seriously rubbing shoulders with Mansard and it is just 70kobo compared to Mansard at over N2. #Potential.

I hope you have AIICO in your portfolio? grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Cyriacusifeco: 11:32pm On Jul 28, 2016
feelamong:

When the facts change, I change my mind. The facts changed for APR the moment they were asked to return all unclaimed dividends. Before then, I reasoned that those unclaimed dividends would keep mounting until the news came. This was the moment the growth potential was killed. Currently, the driving force behind UCAP is its ability to generate cash in the form of managed funds. As long as these funds keep growing, together with good discipline on operating cost, the EPS will likewise head north and as EPS heads north, likewise the share price. The psychological tendency for Mr Market to act irrationally will of course often suffice. And so there would always be hiccups as we saw some time in January when it was battered to N1.05. But yes, over a long period of time, stock prices will always reflect intrinsic value. I have always believed that one does not need too many Ideas to succeed in the stock market. It's too difficult to find a good business at its infancy and once I come across one, I load up and sit on my ass. Some ogas here make more money even while snoring. Making too many decisions day in day out exposes one to error!!. The brain isn't much adapted to function that way. I had to port the moment I got the news and since then, my life has never been the same. Can't still believe that some years back, this coy currently at 2.40 gave a right issue at N0.90 per share. It's a game changer. But yes, no tree grows to the sky.

DISCLAIMER: Never a buy or sell recommendation. We all know that I have often been wrong. And this may not be an exception. DO YOUR DD!! It's your money dear...

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 7:08am On Jul 29, 2016
megainvest:

AIICO is seriously rubbing shoulders with Mansard and it is just 70kobo compared to Mansard at over N2. #Potential.

I hope you have AIICO in your portfolio? grin

Don't get carried away. This is an insurance company for crying out loud! For all I know the 20k EPS can turn to 20k LPS before you can say Jack R....

I am fully invested here, have been for past 8 years. Am just refusing to be unduly excited.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 7:45am On Jul 29, 2016
Cyriacusifeco:

When the facts change, I change my mind. The facts changed for APR the moment they were asked to return all unclaimed dividends. Before then, I reasoned that those unclaimed dividends would keep mounting until the news came. This was the moment the growth potential was killed. Currently, the driving force behind UCAP is its ability to generate cash in the form of managed funds. As long as these funds keep growing, together with good discipline on operating cost, the EPS will likewise head north and as EPS heads north, likewise the share price. The psychological tendency for Mr Market to act irrationally will of course often suffice. And so there would always be hiccups as we saw some time in January when it was battered to N1.05. But yes, over a long period of time, stock prices will always reflect intrinsic value. I have always believed that one does not need too many Ideas to succeed in the stock market. It's too difficult to find a good business at its infancy and once I come across one, I load up and sit on my ass. Some ogas here make more money even while snoring. Making too many decisions day in day out exposes one to error!!. The brain isn't much adapted to function that way. I had to port the moment I got the news and since then, my life has never been the same. Can't still believe that some years back, this coy currently at 2.40 gave a right issue at N0.90 per share. It's a game changer. But yes, no tree grows to the sky.

DISCLAIMER: Never a buy or sell recommendation. We all know that I have often been wrong. And this may not be an exception. DO YOUR DD!! It's your money dear...

Bros take another look at the Financials of this coy...

look at the Liabilities side..Nothing has changed much. Their Customers' deposits (which represents Dividend, return monies and other interests re
ceived from clients but yet to be claimed) actually increased to 12,178,379 in H2 2016 from 11,331,469 in H2 2015.

In fact in particular the Unclaimed dividends increased from 10,552,290 in H2 2015 to 11, 448,771 in H2 2016

what actually hit them hard was their investments income from Treasury Bills. This nose dived from 426,677 in 2015 to 90,990 now!

We all also know how low the TB rates have been since beginning of the year until recently. Rates dropped to as low as 3 -5% earlier in the year. As we speak these rates are now as high as 14 - 17 %.

I still think they will turn this Investment Income figures around by year end. (Hoping that they did not do long tenor investments earlier in the year)

The share price will definitely drop...but i want to advise those in it not to panic and sell..

for those wishing to increase their stake...there is no better time than now! cheesy

Disclosure: I have 2 units of this stock in my Portfolio
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megainvest: 8:04am On Jul 29, 2016
Let me share a little of my investment knowledge to help us in understanding business models.

These are some aspects of a company you should watch out for. They include: "Cash Engine" and "Growth Engine". Cash as they say is king. Check out the ability of the company you are interested in to continue generating raw cash. Also look at the ability of the company to keep growing its profits and assets by way of investment. For example, banks can generate instant raw cash by increasing customer deposits, direct bank charges on value added services etc. They also have a growth engine which includes their investments and marketing.

Whenever a company posts results, look at these figures and see where the company is heading. When you know this, you an easily see the difference between APR and UCAP investment models for example. You can also see why some insurance companies are not doing badly also.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megainvest: 9:44am On Jul 29, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 10:01am On Jul 29, 2016
megainvest:
See kponmo for market!

http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/14471_TRANSCORP_PLC_-_PROFIT_WARNING__CORPORATE_ACTIONS_JULY_2016.pdf

I'm not surprised at all. grin

This is not looking good at all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1752) (1753) (1754) (1755) (1756) (1757) (1758) ... (7756) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ololufemi, stronglink and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.