Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,930 members, 7,848,773 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:05 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (1897) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11020898 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1894) (1895) (1896) (1897) (1898) (1899) (1900) ... (7800) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 7:29pm On Nov 03, 2016
agisky1975:

Please which one is SUS brokers
Standard Union Scurity stockbroker.

It was my first choice stockbroker when I was in Kano state, because their services in those days use to be the best for me.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Adesiji77: 7:53pm On Nov 03, 2016

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maslong(m): 9:36pm On Nov 03, 2016
Chibuking81:
Standard Union Scurity stockbroker.

It was my first choice stockbroker when I was in Kano state, because their services in those days use to be the best for me.

They are still very good. Head office now is in Abuja buying and selling is about 3%
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 9:43pm On Nov 03, 2016
My people in Morgan, here is a reply from Morgan when I sent mail today asking them of the possibility of their tomorrow

Thank you for your mail.

We regret to inform you that the trading platform is not back up yet.

We apologise for any inconvenience this might cause you.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 10:19pm On Nov 03, 2016
emmasoft:
My people in Morgan, here is a reply from Morgan when I sent mail today asking them of the possibility of their tomorrow

Thank you for your mail.

Maybe you should contact SEC to validate Morgans claim.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 10:22pm On Nov 03, 2016
emmasoft:

Thank you for your mail.

When MORGAN IS BACK maybe:

- more people will punish bad results dragging their share prices much lower.
- More people will rebalance and reward good results, thus creating a mini bull on such COYS.
- some angry ones will exit the market entirely to avoid a repeat.
- If I have a stock with pretty bad results, I would probably exit latest tomorrow to avoid 'THE MORGAN RUSH' - TMR which is inevitable.
- Expect a number of FULL OFFERS immediately MC unlocks that door. Some prices are holding now despite TERRIBLE results due to the MC imbroglio.
- If MC was not blocked, stocks like DIAMOND would have tested N0.86 by now.

I feel so undecided about this MC issue...IT IS WELL, WHO KNOWS? ONLY GOD...IT WILL BE WELL

To be continued by Fxuser..... grin grin grin

-

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chimchris247(m): 10:28pm On Nov 03, 2016
Chibuking81:

I use Csl stockbroker, and they charge around 1.45% for buying & 1.55% for selling. In total 3% for both buying and selling.
Csl stockbroker is also into real time online trading.

Morgan charges around 0.65% & 0.85% for both buying and selling, in total 1.5% for both buying and selling.

SUS stockbrokers charges me around 1.2% for buying & 1.3% for selling, in total 2.5%, that was about 10 years ago, I still have some stock with them, but I don't know about their current charges.
thanks my oga
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chunkuli: 10:45pm On Nov 03, 2016
so nobody has a no for lead capital? l thought we are suppose to be bsntl? to imagine some use lead capital and have refused to share the phone no they communicate with them on. its okay. wont bother to ask again.
chunkuli:
abeg now pls give me lead capital phone contact. l have asked for this over and over again, somebody pls help.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by holm: 11:21pm On Nov 03, 2016
chunkuli:
so nobody has a no for lead capital? l thought we are suppose to be bsntl? to imagine some use lead capital and have refused to share the phone no they communicate with them on. its okay. wont bother to ask again.

Address:
Corporate Head Office – Lagos

Plot 281, Ajose Adeogun Street,

Victoria Island, Lagos,

Nigeria.

Call Center: +234-1-4488500

Tel: +234-1-4488500, 01-2715254

Fax: +234 1 4627052

Email: customerservice@leadcapitalng.com
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:40am On Nov 04, 2016
Morgan If ur not up by tomorrow then when?
Can anyone help me with TIME-FRAME to move my portfolio to other firm?
I hope TRANSCORP has not gone for re-construction or car park before then? That just my FEAR.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:41am On Nov 04, 2016
Tritri:
Morgan If ur not up by tomorrow then when?
Can anyone help me with TIME-FRAME to move my portfolio to other firm?
I hope TRANSCORP has not gone for re-construction or car park before then? That just my FEAR.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 7:11am On Nov 04, 2016
So long as the stocks I bought using Morgan capital is in a safe place, I am not worrying so much. I have made up my mind to leave those stocks for long term.

Morgan will still bounce back for good, and I pray for them to come back for good.

As a result of the death of Morgan capital C.E.O, I know that they will face some challenges, at least they need new C.E.O with new signatory, and change of some certain things in their management.

While waiting for coming back of Morgan, I will continue with Csl and SUS.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nio68(m): 7:14am On Nov 04, 2016
chunkuli:

to imagine u can always google and search for their contact details rather than waiting for someone to do that for you . its okay. wont bother to comment again grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 7:37am On Nov 04, 2016
cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 7:38am On Nov 04, 2016

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by agisky1975: 8:45am On Nov 04, 2016
Chibuking81:

some questions most of the people ask here can easily be google and get the answer instantly without waiting for people to google and supply answer to them.

Please friends, since you can browse with your phone, always go to google using any of the browser search engine, like mozilla firefox, chrome, opera mini, uc browser, e.t.c.

Ask google your question direct, and answer will be giving to you.
I believe there is no harm in asking a fellow nairalander, an innocent question, there is nothing that beats experience, and possibly someone who has gone through the same process before. Not everything on Google is correct however it may give you a guide as to what you are searching for. I believe most people joined some stock Broking firms through reliable /considerate members of this forum an not just by mere Google searching, and that's basically why we are here

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ExLaidback: 9:18am On Nov 04, 2016
Please who has any idea on the time frame it might take to move a portfolio from one broker to another? Thanks

$$$
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 9:50am On Nov 04, 2016
ExLaidback:
Please who has any idea on the time frame it might take to move a portfolio from one broker to another? Thanks

$$$
Your own better, na only stock. Some pple have huge sums with morgan, na them I pity pass. Reminds me of how one wonder bank I put my money in folded up with my money in 2013. They first told us its a minor issue with SEC that would be resolved in 7days. 7days became two weeks, then 1yr until I realized there was no hope anymore. It takes a long time of default for a stock broker to be suspended and a longer time for the suspension to be lifted.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 9:54am On Nov 04, 2016
agisky1975:

I believe there is no harm in asking a fellow nairalander, an innocent question, there is nothing that beats experience, and possibly someone who has gone through the same process before. Not everything on Google is correct however it may give you a guide as to what you are searching for. I believe most people joined some stock Broking firms through reliable /considerate members of this forum an not just by mere Google searching, and that's basically why we are here
that's true, we are bnsitl.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Rexceedo: 9:56am On Nov 04, 2016
fxuser:

Reminder on risk management esp wt PennyStock lovers (For newbies)

Scenario 1
Coy ABC SP drops from N1.20 to N0.85 = -29.17% Loss

Scenario 2
Coy ABC SP gains from N0.85 to N1.20 = +41.18% Gain lol

NoteToSelf:
Bulls need more effort to take back what d Bears took.
Waiting for break even in a losing position can be futile to d mind and capital
Cut losses - cut losses better to feed your broker than d bear. You can always come back
Always watch d down side risk to protect and preserve capital for other days
Avoid holding on to lemons
and be be lo

#justObserving
Wish I heed to this on Transcorp and Fbnh
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ExLaidback: 9:58am On Nov 04, 2016
Mpeace:
Your own better, na only stock. Some pple have huge sums with morgan, na them I pity pass. Reminds me of how one wonder bank I put my money in folded up with my money in 2013. They first told us its a minor issue with SEC that would be resolved in 7days. 7days became two weeks, then 1yr until I realized there was no hope anymore. It takes a long time of default for a stock broker to be suspended and a longer time for the suspension to be lifted.

My brother! I actually feel lucky i won't lie. As if I knew, i'd transferred the little cash I had just a couple of days before their suspension. The stocks in my portfolio (UBA & UCAP) are likely to outperform the market in the short term hence my relative peace of mind. Na those people who were hoping to JIJO with now badly performing stocks I pity the most. Imagine watching a price crash way beyond your entry point and you can't do anything.

I guess it's all part of an experience. Thanks for your concern.

EDIT: By the way I do appreciate the iron hand being used by the SEC on these brokers if not some of them for don take customer eye see winsh, all the same, no one wants to be caught in the middle like grass underneath two fighting elephants.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 10:29am On Nov 04, 2016
This Morgan Capital got me thinking again. The Late MD resigned and worked with the Presidency before his demise. They have had a new CEO since. I do not understand this suspension by NSE, it can not be because of succession matter alone. There are other issues which every one has refused to tell us. I spoke with an official of the company now, the way she sounded makes me feel that it is a long way to go. We may just be looking at next year
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 10:31am On Nov 04, 2016
ExLaidback:

My brother! I actually feel lucky i won't lie. As if I knew, i'd transferred the little cash I had just a couple of days before their suspension. The stocks in my portfolio (UBA & UCAP) are likely to outperform the market in the short term hence my relative peace of mind. Na those people who were hoping to JIJO with now badly performing stocks I pity the most. Imagine watching a price crash way beyond your entry point and you can't do anything.

I guess it's all part of an experience. Thanks for your concern.

EDIT: By the way I do appreciate the iron hand being used by the SEC on these brokers if not some of them for don take customer eye see winsh, all the same, no one wants to be caught in the middle like grass underneath two fighting elephants.

bad man.you go really appreciate SEC as you no get FO,transcorpse and oando with MC.Chai
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ExLaidback: 10:35am On Nov 04, 2016
Intendy:

bad man.you go really appreciate SEC as you no get FO,transcorpse and oando with MC.Chai

Hehehe...Bros how we go do.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 10:51am On Nov 04, 2016
rebekah2011:
This Morgan Capital got me thinking again. The Late MD resigned and worked with the Presidency before his demise. They have had a new CEO since. I do not understand this suspension by NSE, it can not be because of succession matter alone. There are other issues which every one has refused to tell us. I spoke with an official of the company now, the way she sounded makes me feel that it is a long way to go. We may just be looking at next year

Did you actually believe mc was suspended because of succession issue?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chunkuli: 11:08am On Nov 04, 2016
why not try those nos on google to see if they connect first before you judge. you assumed l had not called those nos endlessly? you dont need to comment if you dont have nos for me
nio68:

to imagine u can always google and search for their contact details rather than waiting for someone to do that for you . its okay. wont bother to comment again grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chunkuli: 11:13am On Nov 04, 2016
had those nos from google search myself, those nos either ring with no one picking for the endless times have tried them or it doesnt connect at all. already made up my mind to send someone to their office. since people that trade with them and call them regularly have refused to share the nos they get them on. no need.
holm:

Address:

Victoria Island, Lagos,

Nigeria.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chunkuli: 11:14am On Nov 04, 2016
thank you for your effort.
holm:

Address:

Victoria Island, Lagos,

Nigeria.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 11:14am On Nov 04, 2016
How To Transfer
Your Shares From A
Suspended
Stockbroking Firm
To An Approved
One
BY: NAIRAMETRICS MAY 24,

The Nigerian Stock Exchange
has released approved steps
of transferring your shares
from a suspended, expelled
or inactive stockbroking firm
to an active one.

These steps
help guide retail investors
who find themselves with
stockbrokers who have been
suspended. Before now, most
investors do not know what
do to as they find it
unnecessarily difficult moving
their shares from the inactive
firm to an active one.

STEPS TO TRANSFERING YOUR
SHARES FROM AN INACTIVE/
SUSPENDED/EXPELLED
STOCKBROKING FIRM TO AN
ACTIVE ONE
In a bid to ensure a seamless
transfer of securities
(including shares, exchange
traded funds and fixed
income securities) by
investors from suspended/
inactive/expelled
stockbroking firms to active
stockbroking firms. The
Nigerian Stock Exchange
(“NSE”) hereby wishes to
inform the investing public of
the established processes
involved in the transfer of
their securities.
Please note that the transfer
process is managed
exclusively by the Central
Securities Clearing System Plc.
(“CSCS”) and includes the
following steps:

Investors and shareholders
that are desirous of
transferring their securities
from a suspended/inactive/
expelled stockbroking firm
are required to appoint an
active/target stockbroking
firm to deal on their behalf.

2. The active/target
stockbroking firm (i.e.,
the firm that an
investor desires to
move to) shall conduct
a Know Your Customer
(“KYC”) due diligence
process to verify the
identity of the investor
before establishing a
relationship with the
investor.

3. Thereafter, the active/
target stockbroking
firm shall provide CSCS
with a number of
requirements including
the following:
A copy of the investor’s
know your customer
(“KYC”) documents
verified by the active/
target stockbroking
firm;
The investor’s bank
account details (not
bank statement), which
has been operated for
not less than six (6)
months;
Evidence of share
ownership such as
contract notes,
purchase receipts and
dividend warrant stubs.
Identification
documents, which
could be a National
Identity Card, Current
Driver’s License or
Current International
Passport.

4. Furthermore, the active/
target stockbroking
firm shall provide CSCS
with a letter confirming
that it has conducted a
satisfactory KYC due
diligence process in
addition to the physical
KYC documents
submitted to CSCS.

5. Two authorized
signatories of the
active/target firm
including the Managing
Director and another
authorized signatory
are required to visit
CSCS with the firm’s
official stamp and the
personal Chartered
Institute of
Stockbrokers (“CIS”)
seal of the Managing
Director to sign, seal
and stamp the CSCS
indemnity form.

6. Finally, the investor is
required to visit CSCS
with proof of
identification for a bio-
data capture as further
proof of ownership.
Where the investor is
unable to visit CSCS for
the bio-data capture as
a result of distance, age,
ill-health, etc., the proof
of identification should
be duly confirmed by a
notary public before
submission to CSCS.

Source: NSE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 11:29am On Nov 04, 2016
pls is MC back?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 11:37am On Nov 04, 2016
Index breaks below 27,000

#shakeOUT
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dragonking3: 12:02pm On Nov 04, 2016
Today has sealed the death of Morgan Capital ltd

(1) (2) (3) ... (1894) (1895) (1896) (1897) (1898) (1899) (1900) ... (7800) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Frangel, dapix, ogoo4real, ggoldmine, KarlTom, Blackman101, ndept, Pifebhor(f), Jerekre(m), MARKETJJC, KayOn1 and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.