Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,090 members, 7,852,692 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 12:39 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (2126) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11039424 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2123) (2124) (2125) (2126) (2127) (2128) (2129) ... (7806) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:38pm On Mar 20, 2017
Mpeace:
This stock will make pple poor this year.

Hahaha why did u say so? anything is possible.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 3:40pm On Mar 20, 2017
Mpeace:

On the contrary, many Millionaires will be created through the breakdown...
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:08pm On Mar 20, 2017
BullBearMkt:

On the contrary, many Millionaires will be created through the breakdown...
grin grin grin grin grin

exactly...and many people r in ooh..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 4:10pm On Mar 20, 2017
Mpeace:

I dont think so. Zenith is a defensive stock and you should not expect serious cap appreciation.
Only expect mild appreciation & good dividend.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 4:10pm On Mar 20, 2017
NSE WANTS TO CHANGE HOW SHARE PRICES ARE DETERMINED

The Nigerian Stock Exchange wants to change the way share prices are determined. They made this announcement via a circular published in the website of the NSE. According to the exchange, the proposal basically classifies equities into groups for calculating price movements.

Group A: equities priced at N100.00 per share or above.

Group B: equities priced at N5.00 per share or above but less than N100.00 per share.

Group C: equities priced at N 0.01 per share or above but below N5.00 per share.

The minimum quantity of equities traded that will change the published price of an equity security shall be as follows:

Group A: Ten Thousand (10,000) units (presently 50,000 units).

Group B: Fifty Thousand (50,000) units (presently, 10,000 units).

Group C: One Hundred Thousand (100,000) units (newly introduced).

The introduction of tick size, which is the minimum price movement that equities will trade shall be as follows:

Group A: Ten (10) Kobo.

Group B: Five (5) Kobo

Group C: One (1) Kobo.

What does this mean? Let’s use one of the group as an example;

For (Group A) stocks that are below N5 per share to get a price movement, at least 100,000 units of the stock must exchange hands. If you therefore buy or sell less than 100,000 units the share price will not change regardless of how much you buy or sell it. Typically, the share price that appears on the stock exchange ticker may not be the same as the price at which the shares was actually bought or sold.

For price movements, share price changes for stocks that cost lower than N5 can move by as little as 1 kobo. Thus a stock that is priced at 10kobo can increase by a minimum of 1kobo, that is 10.01 kobo and not 10.05kobo.

http://nairametrics.com/nse-wants-to-change-how-share-prices-are-determined
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:43pm On Mar 20, 2017
Bad behavior -

The Seven Deadly Sins to Avoid
Averaging down into losing positions
Over-concentration in too few positions
Investing in illiquid positions
Falling in love with a stock, position, or a management team
Excessive use of margin
Over-concentration in one sector

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:45pm On Mar 20, 2017
Learning this could be me on zenith

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 4:50pm On Mar 20, 2017
[quote author=OakPearl post=54774885]NSE WANTS TO CHANGE HOW SHARE PRICES ARE DETERMINED

The Nigerian Stock Exchange wants to change the way share prices are determined. They made this announcement via a circular published in the website of the NSE. According to the exchange, the proposal basically classifies equities into groups for calculating price movements.

Group B: equities priced at N5.00 per share or above but less than N100.00 per share.

Group C: equities priced at N 0.01 per share or above but below N5.00 per share.

The minimum quantity of equities traded that will change the published price of an equity security shall be as follows:

IN NSE any thing can happen but this one can't .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 4:54pm On Mar 20, 2017
OakPearl:
NSE WANTS TO CHANGE HOW SHARE PRICES ARE DETERMINED

The introduction of tick size, which is the minimum price movement that equities will trade shall be as follows:

Group A: Ten (10) Kobo.

Group B: Five (5) Kobo

Group C: One (1) Kobo.

What does this mean? Let’s use one of the group as an example;

For (Group A) stocks that are below N5 per share to get a price movement, at least 100,000 units of the stock must exchange hands. If you therefore buy or sell less than 100,000 units the share price will not change regardless of how much you buy or sell it. Typically, the share price that appears on the stock exchange ticker may not be the same as the price at which the shares was actually bought or sold.

For price movements, share price changes for stocks that cost lower than N5 can move by as little as 1 kobo. Thus a stock that is priced at 10kobo can increase by a minimum of 1kobo, that is 10.01 kobo and not 10.05kobo.

http://nairametrics.com/nse-wants-to-change-how-share-prices-are-determined

WOW.

That group B will create serious wahala.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GudluckIBB(m): 5:12pm On Mar 20, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

WOW.

That group B will create serious wahala.

Dont mind poster,
its an old news

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 5:18pm On Mar 20, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

Continental Reinsurance Shareholding structure

A Moroccan Saham Group - 56.57%
Salag Limited -4.14%
Baobab reinsurance -1.65%
Leadway Assurance -1.69%
AIICO PLC- 2.12%
Others -33.83%

Sometimes, this is all the info you need to SUBSTITUTE for FUNDAMENTALS, Then proceed to PURE TECHNICALS.. grin
Nice one there!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by binaflexia: 5:45pm On Mar 20, 2017
Tritri:
Learning this could be me on zenith
grin grin grin
I laughed really hard.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by binaflexia: 5:49pm On Mar 20, 2017
DeRuggedProf:

Sometimes, this is all the info you need to SUBSTITUTE for FUNDAMENTALS, Then proceed to PURE TECHNICALS.. grin
Nice one there!

RuggedPro. I'm still waiting for reply.
Egbon Epp me!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leparj(m): 5:50pm On Mar 20, 2017
Anyone having issues with cscs online access. Since last fri i cant login to view my account.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 6:21pm On Mar 20, 2017
DeRuggedProf:

Nice one there!

My Oga Na so.

Just keep your eyes on those Foreign investors, when they start moving out just follow them. cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 8:02pm On Mar 20, 2017
binaflexia:

Bros, can you give me direction on how I can claim my outstanding UBA dividend?

Just walk into any bank branch you have an account with and ask them that you WANT to complete your e-dividend form for UBA.
they will print it for you. You will fill the required info and attach your passport and give it back to them for further processing with UBA registrar.
When done, ALL unclaimed dividend will flow into your bank account.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:20pm On Mar 20, 2017
@locodemy for few days now. You've stop commenting only viewing..Anything seems to be the PROBLEM? I dey miss u dat why

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jp130(m): 8:23pm On Mar 20, 2017
The one i did with firstregistrar is still pending till today even after i am following it up with mails weekly n most tym no reply. They complain of not having my bankers confirmation of signature n i posted it since last year

OBAGADAFFI:

My Oga Na so.

Just keep your eyes on those Foreign investors, when they start moving out just follow them. cool

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by binaflexia: 8:37pm On Mar 20, 2017
DeRuggedProf:

Just walk into any bank branch you have an account with and ask them that you WANT to complete your e-dividend form for UBA.
they will print it for you. You will fill the required info and attach your passport and give it back to them for further processing with UBA registrar.
When done, ALL unclaimed dividend will flow into your bank account.

Thanks boos!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 11:31pm On Mar 20, 2017
Breaking: AMCON sells keystone Bank

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/breaking-amcon-sells-keystone-bank/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 6:56am On Mar 21, 2017
Godisfaithful:

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/breaking-amcon-sells-keystone-bank/

Heard Heritage is in a bad shape. Liquidity issues
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 6:56am On Mar 21, 2017
Market Cycles
Good morning everyone.

Today, we'll look at market cycles which is very important to making consistent profit in any market. Every financial market has cycle and it is pertinent to be aware of this and understand how we can use it to our advantage. These cycles are powerful and important to us as traders/investors to make money out of the market. In Nigeria Stock Exchange, there are 2 major cycles I have identified.

First Cycle
At all times, all market rotates from small movement to a large move. The large movement of price is what is termed “Impulse”, “Motive” wave or Trending while the smaller price move is called “Corrective” wave or Range or Trading. Many experts have provided understanding of such moves, such as Elliot.

In order to make profits, everyone should be more interested in the large price movement (Impulse) rather than the small move. The corrective portion of price move is where many people lose money as over 65% of the time, market is in corrective mode. What usually attracts the public to a market is the large price move, and they usually incorrectly think the current large move will continue.

So, our objective is to take position in advance (be in the trade) before the large price move shows up.

Chart 1 is an example of this cycle.

Lines a-b & e-f are Impulse waves (or the large moves). Lines b-c, c-d & d-e are Corrective waves (or small moves). Line e-f breaks out of the correction or range from b – e.

Many times, before price creates the large price movt, several failed moves would have trapped traders/investors and caused them to lose money; this is often refers to false breakout.

Chart 2 is the actual market data, UBA shares. I underlined the different moves. The blue circles and lines shows the start and end of corrective moves and magenta colour used for impulse waves. Take time to study them. The bias here is on BUY/LONG. There is also impulsive-corrective waves for SELL/SHORT.

Second Cycle
This is more powerful in NSE. To be discussed another day...

…wishing you a successful trading day.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 7:48am On Mar 21, 2017
Interesting thread summary by (@IMRiskManager) tweeted at 2:56 pm on Fri, Mar 03, 2017

Book: Reading of Trade Your Way to Financial Freedom by Van K Tharp continues this week too.
Link: https:///wQqb8mBJBv
Link: https://twitter.com/IMRiskManager/status/837663087880712193?s=03)

Fav:
Expectancy=(PW * AW) - (PL * AL)
PW=probability of a winning trade
PL=probability of a losing trade
AW=average gain (win)
AL=average loss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 7:56am On Mar 21, 2017
Nice one
Those corrective waves are designed to shake out all shakables loll.
I think the part left out here is the days, weeks and months corrective waves can take depending on ''time-frame'' traded. This can frustrate with the emotions of traders only for them to exit move and the big wave comes.
Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 8:59am On Mar 21, 2017
Godisfaithful:

Is it NIGERIAN BANK ? .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:26am On Mar 21, 2017
Tritri:
@locodemy for few days now. You've stop commenting only viewing..Anything seems to be the PROBLEM? I dey miss u dat why

Sorry bro.I decided to stay away for some days now.The only investment i have in the stock market is FCMB and its a huge one.I am not interested in other stocks now except the one i have good info about(fcmb).Their AGM which is coming up by April stops them from releasing result earlier this month.I am now back hoping that the result will be release anytime in this week.
I have been on the sideline viewing all you guys have been posting.My regards to bullbear, fxuser and others for their wonderful contributions.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pasuma(m): 9:33am On Mar 21, 2017
locodemy:

Sorry bro.I decided to stay away for some days now.The only investment i have in the stock market is FCMB and its a huge one.I am not interested in other stocks now except the one i have good info about(fcmb).Their AGM which is coming up by April stops them from releasing result earlier this month.I am now back hoping that the result will be release anytime in this week.
I have been on the sideline viewing all you guys have been posting.My regards to bullbear, fxuser and others for their wonderful contributions.
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley well done oga locodemy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 9:40am On Mar 21, 2017
Brent Crude 52.07 ▲ +0.45 0.87% 3/21/2017 May 2017
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 9:53am On Mar 21, 2017
locodemy:

Happy to see you back... grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leparj(m): 10:02am On Mar 21, 2017
locodemy:

Welcom back. Seein u means d result is not far again. U're to fcmb wat John d Baptist was to Jesus. U're d Forerunner of fcmb result. Welcom back again.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 10:21am On Mar 21, 2017
locodemy:

Bro Loco, welcome back, we miss you.......
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 10:54am On Mar 21, 2017
tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (2123) (2124) (2125) (2126) (2127) (2128) (2129) ... (7806) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Jaakay and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.