Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,074 members, 7,852,658 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:01 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (2157) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11039142 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2154) (2155) (2156) (2157) (2158) (2159) (2160) ... (7806) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by holm: 2:55am On Mar 29, 2017
emmanuelewumi:
APR dividend landed last night

Oga Emma, let's pick your brain on the banks nah? Any view on 2017?

It's 2:50am, he giveth his beloveth sleep nah undecided undecided
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by holm: 3:00am On Mar 29, 2017
Manonamission:
@Duni04; it's well. May God protect and preserve our capital grin

Meanwhile, when a bank starts sending promo emails and doing media jingles, asking customers to deposit money so as to qualify to win an amount, you go know say water don pass garri.

grin grin grin Please, who else is sending promo + media jingle?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 3:28am On Mar 29, 2017
Judgment day for LOCO and his BANK.

COURT order!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 3:35am On Mar 29, 2017
Is true that I expected more than this from FCMB.
But come to think of it they gave better dividend than GTB bank and some other Stocks, for instance,
GTB bank gave 177 kobo when their market price was at about #25, to compare with FCMB bank that gave 10 kobo when they are at #1.25.
Now #1.25 times 20 =#25, then 10 kobo times 20 = #2.

It mean that, GTB bank gave 177 kobo at #25 and FCMB bank gave 200 kobo at #25 too.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 3:46am On Mar 29, 2017
Compare with Nestle that gave 1000 kobo at #570 unit price.
FCMB #1.25 * 450= #562.5,
Then 10 kobo * 450= 4500 kobo

That mean Nestle at #570 gave 1000 kobo
While FCMB at #562.5 gave 4500 kobo

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 6:55am On Mar 29, 2017
PETERiCHY:
Judgment day for LOCO and his BANK.

COURT order!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Loco, there is no cause for alarm...If the bank's fundamental is ok and technical analysis is showing price growth, -ve sentiments/fear will only last but few hours/days...

http://nairametrics.com/alert-fcmb-reports-a-whopping-201-increase-in-profit-2016-fy/

Case studies: UBA (2015), Nestle, GTB, UNILEVER etc (2017)

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by duni04(m): 7:12am On Mar 29, 2017
Chibuking81:
Is true that I expected more than this from FCMB.
But come to think of it they gave better dividend than GTB bank and some other Stocks, for instance,
GTB bank gave 177 kobo when their market price was at about #25, to compare with FCMB bank that gave 10 kobo when they are at #1.25.
Now #1.25 times 20 =#25, then 10 kobo times 20 = #2.

It mean that, GTB bank gave 177 kobo at #25 and FCMB bank gave 200 kobo at #25 too.
All this your calculation won't help the share price this morning grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:38am On Mar 29, 2017
Hello,
Yes,we have seen the long awaited fcmb result.The result is good,up to 201% increase in PAT when compared to the previous result.Through out the night,I have been comparing the negative statements of people here to that of the result yet i couldnt find what is wrong with the result.

We all are aware that many banks are coming to the market this year to raise fund for capitalization and liquidity issues of which we have seen a whole zenith bank of all people looking for money.what will be my gain if fcmb pays me 20kobo dividend,maybe after one or two months they alert me again they want to raise fund.it doesnt make sense.I think we should listen to conference call/presntations by the mgt before we vomit the unworthy.
Now,looking at my entry price to fcmb,i was able to get up to 15m units at #1.00 and 6m units above #1.00.if i decide to sell off the 15m units today @#1.20,i will get 3m naira profit.I will only sell(wont disclose when) since the closure date is not out.For those of you pitying me for fcmb,pls pity yourselves 'cos i am now going to make money through this result.I will brief you again after i am done.Intelligence is required at this time to make money.Watch out and see..........

See you in PART2

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 8:18am On Mar 29, 2017
BullBearMkt:

@Loco, there is no cause for alarm...If the bank's fundamental is ok and technical analysis is showing price growth, -ve sentiments/fear will only last but few hours/days...

http://nairametrics.com/alert-fcmb-reports-a-whopping-201-increase-in-profit-2016-fy/

Case studies: UBA (2015), Nestle, GTB, UNILEVER etc (2017)

- Q4 was more decent than Q3

Q4 2016
· Net interest income of N16.3bn, down -1.9% q/q;
· Profit before tax of N2.1bn, against a loss before tax of -N2.1bn in Q3 2016
· Profit after tax of N1.4bn, against a loss after tax of -N2.7bn in Q3 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 8:20am On Mar 29, 2017
- At the end of the day its market sentiments that matter ! Else Zenith shud not be trading below Stanbic or less than N20 sef

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 8:45am On Mar 29, 2017
fxuser:

- At the end of the day its market sentiments that matter ! Else Zenith shud not be trading below Stanbic or less than N20 sef

10 bottles of Origin for you...So on point!

In addition, Total should be trading above Nestle.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by duni04(m): 8:51am On Mar 29, 2017
FCMB peeps and prophets, remember to lock in your offers at 9:30 sharp during premarket, for narrow is the exit door and many are the scamperers grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 8:56am On Mar 29, 2017
duni04:
FCMB peeps and prophets, remember to lock in your offers at 9:30 sharp during premarket, for narrow is the exit door and many are the scamperers grin
how i wish MC still allow premarket for it client oooooo
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 8:57am On Mar 29, 2017
fxuser:

Market sentiments that is gradual is very powerful than a spike-like sentiment... Spike-like market sentiment do not last...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 9:00am On Mar 29, 2017
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 9:00am On Mar 29, 2017
Coolcash1:

10 bottles of Origin for you...So on point!

In addition, Total should be trading above Nestle.

Total with all the good results (couple with +ve sentiments gathered), still struggling to move up...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 9:02am On Mar 29, 2017
BullBearMkt:

Market sentiments that is gradual is very powerful than a spike-like sentiment... Spike-like market sentiment do not last...

absolutely the Forte Oil spike versus Ucap gradual
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kentoto: 9:05am On Mar 29, 2017
BullBearMkt:

Tell them oh,

When they saw NESTLÉ an GT bank results they said worse. Km 400 here we come, i will see you at N15 bustop. Market no send them.

There are a lot of players in this market with different interests, short time players are just a small segment.

K
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by duni04(m): 9:12am On Mar 29, 2017
As always the ones that make the most mouth here will be the first to place offers on FCMB after encouraging their fellow trapees to "hold on" and stay strong grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 9:13am On Mar 29, 2017
I think there would be serious dumping of FCMB today. Don't kw what would happen thereafter. Pls and pls, don't you ever, ever compare FCMB with Gtb, Access or Nestle, them no be mate.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 9:15am On Mar 29, 2017
duni04:
As always the ones that make the most mouth here will be the first to place offers on FCMB after encouraging their fellow trapees to "hold on" and stay strong grin
Thank you ma broda. And later they will say thank God I bailed out last week...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 9:22am On Mar 29, 2017
kentoto:

Tell them oh,

When they saw NESTLÉ an GT bank results they said worse. Km 400 here we come, i will see you at N15 bustop. Market no send them.

There are a lot of players in this market with different interests, short time players are just a small segment.

K

If I observe emotion trade spike-like (white circle) on FCMB, then reversal to upside is a matter of few days; but emotion trading with gradual sentiment (magenta line) while price is downtrending is a KILL and most dangerous!!!

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 9:23am On Mar 29, 2017
fxuser:

That's the truth.

Zenith Saga opened my eye to lost of secret in this market.

Just imagine Stanbic with 5k dividend selling @ N17
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leparj(m): 9:26am On Mar 29, 2017
locodemy:
Hello,
Yes,we have seen the long awaited fcmb result.The result is good,up to 201% increase in PAT when compared to the previous result.Through out the night,I have been comparing the negative statements of people here to that of the result yet i couldnt find what is wrong with the result.

We all are aware that many banks are coming to the market this year to raise fund for capitalization and liquidity issues of which we have seen a whole zenith bank of all people looking for money.what will be my gain if fcmb pays me 20kobo dividend,maybe after one or two months they alert me again they want to raise fund.it doesnt make sense.I think we should listen to conference call/presntations by the mgt before we vomit the unworthy.
Now,looking at my entry price to fcmb,i was able to get up to 15m units at #1.00 and 6m units above #1.00.if i decide to sell off the 15m units today @#1.20,i will get 3m naira profit.I will only sell(wont disclose when) since the closure date is not out.For those of you pitying me for fcmb,pls pity yourselves 'cos i am now going to make money through this result.I will brief you again after i am done.Intelligence is required at this time to make money.Watch out and see..........

See you in PART2
Good to see u use intelligence. D smart thing is for u to sell today. D moment the market opens, Your sale's order shd be hitting the floor. If u wait for the dividend, u will only be selling monkey to buy dog. On a lighter note, U told us with confidence, many times, that the result would come out on thurs( 30th March), When I saw the result yestanite, I had to crosscheck my calender to be sure what day yest was. In part 2, come and tell us how u reinvested all that millions. U must put some into fbnh(for medium to long term). That would be a smart thing to do. Enjoy.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 9:29am On Mar 29, 2017
locodemy:
Hello,

See you in PART2

Oga LOCO, don't fret yourself with this noise .

Most of us in FCMB as bought it far lower than lower than the current price, hence no fear of falling fast.

All we need know is the closing date for dividend payment.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ogoo4real: 9:37am On Mar 29, 2017
Can someone help with the premarket snap shot for Fcmb.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nio68(m): 9:37am On Mar 29, 2017
The negative sentiments alone on this forum is enough to bring down FCMB , was heavy here but got uncomfortable with the delayed result despite an already audited 9 months and bailed out. @Loco I respect your risk appetite, thread softly softly though.. NSE can be mean.

FCMB MM can pull stunts, they perform NSE magic in the last few mins of trading
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 9:41am On Mar 29, 2017
ogoo4real:
Can someone help with the premarket snap shot for Fcmb.

Here we go...

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 9:42am On Mar 29, 2017
The equity price of GUARANTY TRUST BANK PLC was adjusted today 29th of March 2017 for a dividend of N1.75 as declared by the board of directors. The last close price was N26.95, hence the ex-div price N25.20
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 9:45am On Mar 29, 2017
GLAXOSMITHKLINE CONSUMER NIGERIA PLC
Closure of Register for Year Ended 31 December 2016
Proposed Dividend 30 Kobo
Proposed Bonus Nil
Closure Date 13th -19th April 2017
AGM Date 31st May 2017
Payment Date 1st June 2017
AGM Venue Muson Centre, Onikan Lagos
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 9:50am On Mar 29, 2017
pls i need that of FCMB. thankz
Intendy:
GLAXOSMITHKLINE CONSUMER NIGERIA PLC

Closure of Register for Year Ended 31 December 2016

Proposed Dividend 30 Kobo

Proposed Bonus Nil

Closure Date 13th -19th April 2017

AGM Date 31st May 2017

Payment Date 1st June 2017

AGM Venue Muson Centre, Onikan Lagos

(1) (2) (3) ... (2154) (2155) (2156) (2157) (2158) (2159) (2160) ... (7806) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Hajicairo(m), Agbalowomeri, owolabi5 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.