Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,712 members, 7,851,425 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:04 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (2409) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11032854 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2406) (2407) (2408) (2409) (2410) (2411) (2412) ... (7804) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PharmAlfred: 10:10am On Jun 24, 2017
DeRuggedProf:
READ THIS BEFORE BUYING NEIMETH:
It may guide your entry/exit or BUY/SELL/HOLD:

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/punchng.com/neimeth-loses-materials-to-fire-earnings-threatened/amp/

The Neimeth rise might just be smoke screen after all. I know their q1 2017 was terrible. Let's see how far it goes.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PharmAlfred: 10:17am On Jun 24, 2017
Princkez:
these are d guys who always have first class info ....see as dey are buying 10m and 20m units in a single trade without noise.

Yes. You might be very correct. This is strategy they use; they will wait for full offer @ the lowest price for the the day before they start mopping up. It is the same strategy they will use next week. Panic sellers will only fall into their hands. The massive accumulation here simply shows something is going on. For now Transcorp is enjoying a favourable sentiment and govt policy seem to be very helpful too. I think Transcorp will be worth staying out.

Do not be guided by my opinion. Do your DD.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 10:46am On Jun 24, 2017
PharmAlfred:

Yes. You might be very correct. This is strategy they use; they will wait for full offer @ the lowest price for the the day before they start mopping up. It is the same strategy they will use next week. Panic sellers will only fall into their hands. The massive accumulation here simply shows something is going on. For now Transcorp is enjoying a favourable sentiment and govt policy seem to be very helpful too. I think Transcorp will be worth staying out.

Do not be guided by my opinion. Do your DD.
fromm offer of 44m no bid to 8m bid and 7m offer
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 10:59am On Jun 24, 2017
Chibuking81:
Here are two big sign that bull will return next week;

1. with availability of money shared during the FAAC meeting this week, this will usher in commencement of workers payment and contractors both at federal, state,and local government level starting from next week, plenty money will enter the market.

2. With expectations of release of good and fantastic result starting from next two weeks, many smart investors will start taking position once after the Monday and Tuesday public holidays.

Two of the mentioned point above will drag in the bull, so friends take advantage of this opportunity, don't panic.

Important notice, please those eyeing Dangote flour @ #3.50 and #4 should please look elsewhere, and those with bad luck already inside the vehicle should please exit to allow our vehicle move up faster,( am just joking, even if you have spirit of bad luck following you, once you enter our motor your bad luck will fly away and your name will turn to good luck grin grin grin).

Bear scares people away from the market and present a good entry opportunity and always beg people to buy.

Bull draw peoples attention, and present happiness for semi greedy ones, and happiness and sorrow for fully brand greedy ones, also present an avenue for people begging for exit door to excape.
Please remember this quote when the bull return.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:07am On Jun 24, 2017
Chibuking81:

Please remember this quote when the bull return.

Why are you concerned about when the bull will return.

We should learn how to make money in both the bear and bull markets.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 11:34am On Jun 24, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

Why are you concerned about when the bull will return.

We should learn how to make money in both the bear and bull markets.
That's welcome, we make money both in bull and bear.
But the bull is very very important.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 11:57am On Jun 24, 2017
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:12pm On Jun 24, 2017
Chibuking81:

That's welcome, we make money both in bull and bear.
But the bull is very very important.

The bear is very important to some of us who buy regularly and does not necessarily have to wait for capital appreciation in order to make money.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:21pm On Jun 24, 2017
omaojo1:

I know you're asking this question because of the holding analysed below.

For a company to be listed on our bourse, it is required to have a free float of 20%. So at least 20% is the volume that must be available for the public.

However, the Exchange tweaked that requirement to serve an interest by creating what they called the premium board. With the premium board, value is used to determine the free float and it is just 40 billion naira.

The foregoing means that at 200 naira per share, Aliko is only required to make 200 million shares available to the public. With an outstanding shares of 17,040,507,405, only 1.2% is available to the public. Keep in mind the percentage is price dependent and will shrink if the price goes up and vice versa.

What this technically means is that he can take out every other shareholder and leave the Dubai fund and he'll still be within regulation.

Happy several new years to you guys.

Dangote Cement, First Bank, Zenith bank and Nigeria Brewery are on the premium board.

More than 50% of First Bank and Zenith Bank shares are available for trading, 25% of Nigeria Breweries shares are available for trading.

How come roughly 2% of Dangote Cement shares is available to the public.

I hope the guy is not using the stock price of cement to make sure he remains the richest Blackman.
Dangote cement has a market capitalisation of N3.4 Trillion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 1:05pm On Jun 24, 2017
What can we make of Livestock?
Fxuser has pointed the way, but can we dig deeper or better still, can we have more opinions?
Fundamentalist's opinions are welcome.
Even 'Hunchilistic' and spiritual analysts are welcome.
All we need is to make money, not minding the analytical leaning... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Revibe: 1:07pm On Jun 24, 2017
. "Never buy a stock immediately after a substantial rise or sell one immediately after a substantial drop". - Intelligent Investor - Benjamin Graham

How valid is this quote to our market sirs?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 2:51pm On Jun 24, 2017
DeRuggedProf:
Fxuser has pointed the way, but can we dig deeper or better still, can we have more opinions?
Intendy then fxuser if I can recall
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IHelp: 3:12pm On Jun 24, 2017
DeRuggedProf:

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wickyyolo: 3:36pm On Jun 24, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

Dangote Cement, First Bank, Zenith bank and Nigeria Brewery are on the premium board.

More than 50% of First Bank and Zenith Bank shares are available for trading, 25% of Nigeria Breweries shares are available for trading.

I hope the guy is not using the stock price of cement to make sure he remains the richest Blackman.

common sense tells me that he is not making it at all from the stock price.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wickyyolo: 3:37pm On Jun 24, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

common sense tells me that he is not making it at all from the stock market
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:11pm On Jun 24, 2017
wickyyolo:

common sense tells me that he is not making it at all from the stock market

The cement company alone is worth 9 to 10 billion dollars.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 5:29pm On Jun 24, 2017
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 5:43pm On Jun 24, 2017
DeRuggedProf:

LIvestock offers so much promises but delivers little.
One major problem is lack of adequate capital to run the company.They are trying to address the issue of inadequate capital by raising fresh funds through right issue.
My conclusion about the recent rally is that the company might be pumping up the price for them to get a good price for the right issue.
Fundentally livestock is not a company to buy at this point in time,my opinion though.

NOTE. That the fundamentals of the company is not looking very good at this time does not mean the price cannot continue to rise as there are many other factors that affect price on the nse apart from company fundamentals.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 6:26pm On Jun 24, 2017
The Central Bank of Nigeria on Friday said it intervened in the crisis between Etisalat and a consortium of 13 Nigerian banks over a syndicated loan of about $1.2bn granted the telecom company to save over 4,000 jobs and stripping of the company’s​ assets. The CBN Spokesperson, Mr. Isaac Okorafor, said this in a statement on Friday. He said, “Although it should ordinarily not be the role of a regulator to decide how individual bad loans are resolved, the CBN believes that Etisalat is a systemically important telecommunications company with over 20 million subscribers that, if not well handled, may have negative implications for the banking system itself.” He further explained that the CBN and Nigerian Communications Commission had suspected that banks might go ahead in the usual way and downsize the company’s over 4,000 staff, adding that this was why they reached an agreement to intervene. He said both regulators implored the consortium of banks to re-assess its position in dealing with Etisalat

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 9:55pm On Jun 24, 2017
IHelp:

Follow the stock cautiously and jump out before these shares arising from rights are listed?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 11:46pm On Jun 24, 2017
Naira Devaluation Will Worsen Inflation, Kill Nigerians—CBN
www.businesspost.ng/2017/06/24/naira-devaluation-will-worsen-inflation-kill-nigerians-cbn/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 1:42am On Jun 25, 2017
ihedioramma:
The Central Bank of Nigeria on Friday said it intervened in the crisis between Etisalat and a consortium of 13 Nigerian banks over a syndicated loan of about $1.2bn granted the telecom company to save over 4,000 jobs and stripping of the company’s​ assets. The CBN Spokesperson, Mr. Isaac Okorafor, said this in a statement on Friday. He said, “Although it should ordinarily not be the role of a regulator to decide how individual bad loans are resolved, the CBN believes that Etisalat is a systemically important telecommunications company with over 20 million subscribers that, if not well handled, may have negative implications for the banking system itself.” He further explained that the CBN and Nigerian Communications Commission had suspected that banks might go ahead in the usual way and downsize the company’s over 4,000 staff, adding that this was why they reached an agreement to intervene. He said both regulators implored the consortium of banks to re-assess its position in dealing with Etisalat
when did quantitative easing extend to the communnicatiin sector, I thought it ended in banks and insurance companies
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by WorldAmbassador: 8:40am On Jun 25, 2017
ihedioramma:

This is as reported by ThisDay Newspaper.Etisalat Group, last Tuesday, announced at the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, its intention to pull out of the Etisalat Nigeria structure, and approved transfer of its entire 45 per cent shares in Etisalat to the United Capital Trustees Limited, the legal representative to the consortium of banks. United Capital is the security trustee, which is the vehicle employed by the banks to hold the shares on behalf of the consortium.

It is not right that the parent company of Etisalat(Nig.) in the United Arab Emirates should borrow $1.2 billion from 13 Nigerian banks without any intention of paying it back. In the U.S.,they encourage big-time foreign investors to come to invest(as long as they're willing to invest at least $500,000 of their OWN money, they are given the green light{a visa} to come in and invest). The banking industry just got out of a Bear market and we don't want them to collapse because of exposure to huge loans by a foreign investor.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by WorldAmbassador: 8:50am On Jun 25, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

Dangote Industry Limited own 91% of the company, Dangote's friends, family and top management of Dangote group own another 7%.

The amount available for trading is just 2%. If Dangote and other insiders should reduce their total holdings to 70%, except the share price of the company to plummet.

It is a good company, but I am not sure if it is selling at a good price.

@emmanuelewumi. That means the stock is prone to serious price manipulation by the insiders that own 91%. Wow!! that's a shocker and that means Alh. Dangote runs his companies like a private company.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 9:28am On Jun 25, 2017
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:18am On Jun 25, 2017
WorldAmbassador:
@emmanuelewumi. That means the stock is prone to serious price manipulation by the insiders that own 91%. Wow!! that's a shocker and that means Alh. Dangote runs his companies like a private company.

Insiders own 98%.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 3:38pm On Jun 25, 2017
maishai:

when did quantitative easing extend to the communnicatiin sector, I thought it ended in banks and insurance companies

My brother, if Govt wants to bail out etisalat, they should just give Herbert and co their money, matter finished.
Bank loans are not your share of the national cake.
Herbert is too young to risk going down the routes of Ibru, Erastus, Adigwe and others.
I used to think that foreign investors haul in their own money. Never knew they only come in to loot local banks, and then bolt when things turn awry.
I also strongly endorse Herbert's no-nonsense approach.
You cant villify, and even prosecute bank managers for recklessness and bad luck in lending, and then turn again and blame them for ruthlessness in risk management and loan recovery.
As far as I'm concerned, etisalat investors are on their own here, no matter how "systemically important".
My tax money should never be used to bail out private
sector misfortunes, or possibly, even malfeasance.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by shigidi(m): 3:53pm On Jun 25, 2017
zendi:

My brother, if Govt wants to bail out etisalat, they should just give Herbert and co their money, matter finished.
Bank loans are not your share of the national cake.
Herbert is too young to risk going down the routes of Ibru, Erastus, Adigwe and others.
I used to think that foreign investors haul in their own money. Never knew they only come in to loot local banks, and then bolt when things turn awry.
I also strongly endorse Herbert's no-nonsense approach.
You cant villify, and even prosecute bank managers for recklessness and bad luck in lending, and then turn again and blame them for ruthlessness in risk management and loan recovery.
As far as I'm concerned, etisalat investors are on their own here, no matter how "sytemically important".
My tax money should never be used to bailout private sector misfortunes or, possibly, even, malfeasance.

Brilliant post

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 4:07pm On Jun 25, 2017
''
Every time we interrupt a cycle of bad trading, we build our mindfulness muscles and make it easier to break the patterns the next time.
Here are four patterns that came up during the recent workshop:

1)We make money, become overly excited and optimistic, add to risk at bad levels, and then sustain debilitating losses;

2)We lose money on a trade or experience a drawdown period, become frustrated, and begin placing marginal trades to try to make the money back;

3)We lose money in a drawdown, become negative and pessimistic, and then miss out on subsequent opportunity.

4) We make money, perfectionistically think we should have made more money, and then add to positions at bad levels or take poor trades to make up the difference.

Notice how in each situation, there's an event, a set of thoughts and feelings triggered by the event, and then behavior driven by those thoughts and feelings. Mindfulness means that we are on the lookout for those thoughts and feelings, so that we can calm and focus ourselves *before* placing our next trade.

When we truly know our patterns, we are in a much better position to anticipate them and take a helpful pause before re-entering the market. ''

http://traderfeed..com.ng/2017/02/four-triggers-for-trading-psychology.html

#Learning

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yom2(m): 6:36pm On Jun 25, 2017
pluto09:

One major problem is lack of adequate capital to run the company.They are trying to address the issue of inadequate capital by raising fresh funds through right issue.
My conclusion about the recent rally is that the company might be pumping up the price for them to get a good price for the right issue.
Fundentally livestock is not a company to buy at this point in time,my opinion though.

NOTE. That the fundamentals of the company is not looking very good at this time does not mean the price cannot continue to rise as there are many other factors that affect price on the nse apart from company fundamentals.
i thought d last e.p.s was close to 1naira
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yom2(m): 6:38pm On Jun 25, 2017
pluto09:

pluto09:

i thought d last e.p.s was close to 1naira
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yom2(m): 6:46pm On Jun 25, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

No sir, just surprised that 23 insiders own 98.2% of largest company on the Nigeria Stock Exchange
its even good for u, d stock price is immuned to heavy crash

(1) (2) (3) ... (2406) (2407) (2408) (2409) (2410) (2411) (2412) ... (7804) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Jonwest and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.