Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,975 members, 7,863,480 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:35 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (2463) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11081115 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2460) (2461) (2462) (2463) (2464) (2465) (2466) ... (7818) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 8:15am On Jul 20, 2017
lancee:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/07/african-prudentials-acquires-6-uba-shares
African prudentials acquires 6% uba shares
AFRICAN Prudential Plc, in a special off market transaction, has acquired 2.08 billion units of ordinary shares of United Bank for Africa, UBA Plc, at N9.47 per unit amounting to N19.7 billion.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/07/african-prudentials-acquires-6-uba-shares/

Once a cowboy always would be. At a time you think they have your interest, the dots connect.

And people are wondering why others are pricing stocks at ridiculous prices, when those in charge are serving their own interests.

Yes FBHN may get to N10, same with Dangote Flour, but have seen much in this market to enter stocks at their year highs. I would rather miss the opportunity and wait for another one to present itself.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 8:22am On Jul 20, 2017
fxuser:

TOE wrote the Cowboy manual !
From Nnewi gringrin

And is masterly playing to his own scripts !
But I thought he wrote that manual from Umunede. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 8:31am On Jul 20, 2017
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 9:01am On Jul 20, 2017
locodemy:

Is this transactions different from the one of Tuesday where they informed us of share buy back from UBA?
pls i need clarifications from this transactions.is it in favour of UBA shareholders or APR shareholders since both stocks are listed differently and ever since UBA divested from APR,nothing holds them in common again.

pls who knows better.........?

I will not be suprised if it turns out that vanguard retract that story. I cant connect with what the story is
saying.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 9:12am On Jul 20, 2017
pluto09:

I will not be suprised if it turns out that vanguard retract that story. I cant connect with what the story is
saying.

Thank you

That Vanguard report was written by a financial illiterate ( no insult intended).

How can you be saying that Afriprudential be buying the shares and UBA is cancelling the same shares in the SAME report.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 9:15am On Jul 20, 2017
https://nairametrics.com/uba-share-cancellation-explained-but-questions-remain/

Unanswered Questions remain

Despite the robust explanations by the bank, a few pertinent questions remain unanswered. Figures from the 2016 annual report of the bank show the Earnings Per Share was calculated using 34,054,857,094 shares, excluding the shares held by the SSIT.

The bank has used two different outstanding share figures to calculate earnings and dividend per share respectively. In addition. the bank’s balance sheet does not contain any entry in respect of the dividends and bonuses accruing to shares held under the trust. As the confusion rages, the bank has maintained silence in the midst of a lack of transparency. Emails to the bank’s investor relations unit have not been replied, as at the time of posting this story.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 9:17am On Jul 20, 2017
Tritri:
@cadillac15 You still have faith in this ur Dangflour ? My faith is dieying ooh! Currently regretting why I never sold at 5.50 . Locodemy I dey miss u ooh !
regretting too...would have sold and repurchased
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 9:24am On Jul 20, 2017
stcool:
https://nairametrics.com/uba-share-cancellation-explained-but-questions-remain/

Unanswered Questions remain

Despite the robust explanations by the bank, a few pertinent questions remain unanswered. Figures from the 2016 annual report of the bank show the Earnings Per Share was calculated using 34,054,857,094 shares, excluding the shares held by the SSIT.

The bank has used two different outstanding share figures to calculate earnings and dividend per share respectively. In addition. the bank’s balance sheet does not contain any entry in respect of the dividends and bonuses accruing to shares held under the trust. As the confusion rages, the bank has maintained silence in the midst of a lack of transparency. Emails to the bank’s investor relations unit have not been replied, as at the time of posting this story.

If the Vanguard story is true, then I think it is good news for both UBA & Afriprud, just that UBA benefits more in the short term. Any borrowing to buy the shares by APR would obviously be reflected in Q3 report.

But Uncle TOE...I salute. More confusion for the masses!

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 9:26am On Jul 20, 2017
lancee:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/07/african-prudentials-acquires-6-uba-shares
African prudentials acquires 6% uba shares
AFRICAN Prudential Plc, in a special off market transaction, has acquired 2.08 billion units of ordinary shares of United Bank for Africa, UBA Plc, at N9.47 per unit amounting to N19.7 billion.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/07/african-prudentials-acquires-6-uba-shares/

These shares moved from UBA(TOE) to Afriprud(TOE),
with both BUY/SELL executed by UCAP(TOE).
Can you say the shares didnt change hands....
from TOE's left hand to his right hand ?

Leave the game for the cowboys grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by skaqe: 9:31am On Jul 20, 2017
08133721021 call or WhatsApp to get ur TBC ( the billion coin ) at a very affordable rate , special offers available for reseller .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 9:33am On Jul 20, 2017
skaqe:
08133721021 call or WhatsApp to get ur TBC ( the billion coin ) at a very affordable rate , special offers available for reseller .
STOP POSTING THIS NONSENSE HERE AND GO AWAY PLEASE. THIS FORUM IS MEANT FOR STOCKS/SHARES.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 10:12am On Jul 20, 2017
pre mkt
- bullish ! higher openings
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 10:14am On Jul 20, 2017
AfriPrud
- breaks higher ..
- bids sitting at N3.28

#preMkt
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 10:20am On Jul 20, 2017
Na wa o!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yom2(m): 10:23am On Jul 20, 2017
Calebbold:

Afriprud EPS is 0.43
thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bolabiyi: 10:31am On Jul 20, 2017
chai....wetin person go buy now for dis market sef..I just tire...never bin dis careful...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 10:33am On Jul 20, 2017
bolabiyi:
chai....wetin person go buy now for dis market sef..I just tire...never bin dis careful...

smiley...Don't worry offers would come in. I know I would buy sth today.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zhirinovsky: 10:45am On Jul 20, 2017
Ucap may be d nxt to move. Seems sellers have dried up.
Do your own DD though
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zhirinovsky: 10:50am On Jul 20, 2017
By sellers I meant Disposers!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 11:08am On Jul 20, 2017
stcool:

Once a cowboy always would be. At a time you think they have your interest, the dots connect.

And people are wondering why others are pricing stocks at ridiculous prices, when those in charge are serving their own interests.

Yes FBHN may get to N10, same with Dangote Flour, but have seen much in this market to enter stocks at their year highs. I would rather miss the opportunity and wait for another one to present itself.

You just said the CRUX of our message but some will keep frustrating themselves thinking it is others that is behind it.

While some of us sealed very good deals between MAY/JUNE when the opportunity came and are ready to wait for months, if not years to get better bargains.

Nigeria Stock Exchange is no longer a place you put your money and go to bed that ERA is dead and buried else the Cowboys will frustrate both you and your money. Period!

*ThE OcToPuS*

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nio68(m): 11:10am On Jul 20, 2017
Afripud loosing steam already??
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 11:14am On Jul 20, 2017
Dangflour SKEWING.... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 11:15am On Jul 20, 2017
DeRuggedProf:
Dangflour SKEWING.... grin

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 11:17am On Jul 20, 2017
stcool:

grin

This guy don decode!... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 11:18am On Jul 20, 2017
PETERiCHY:

You just said the CRUX of our message but some will keep frustrating themselves thinking it is others that is behind it.

While some of us sealed very good deals between MAY/JUNE when the opportunity came and are ready to wait for months, if not years to get better bargains.

Nigeria Stock Exchange is no longer a place you put your money and go to bed that ERA is dead and buried else the Cowboys will frustrate both you and your money. Period!

*ThE OcToPuS*

Thank you Oga PETERiCHY, when you talk they say you are creating panic or talking a stock down. I don't know how much we trade with here that would determine market movement, when we know the real movers out there.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 11:22am On Jul 20, 2017
zendi:

These shares moved from UBA(TOE) to Afriprud(TOE),
with both BUY/SELL executed by UCAP(TOE).
Can you say the shares didnt change hands....
from TOE's left hand to his right hand ?

Leave the game for the cowboys grin

grin TOE all over
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 11:26am On Jul 20, 2017
GT
- breaking N37 with full support
-
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 11:37am On Jul 20, 2017
Do we have a 'certified Hacker' on this forum?
I think it is time for the person to get busy... grin
No more delay of results..... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 11:49am On Jul 20, 2017
DeRuggedProf:
Do we have a 'certified Hacker' on this forum?
I think it is time for the person to get busy... grin
No more delay of results..... grin

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 11:59am On Jul 20, 2017
@DeRuggedProf:

Un a serious note i think we the test both NSE and stockbroker FIREWALLS. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 12:20pm On Jul 20, 2017
bolabiyi:

1 Skyebank =megabank (skye + mainstreet), now said to have been stabilized, and continuing to enjoy special CBN protection as an SIB. (dont get trapped in case of sudden recapitalization occasioning merciless dilution of holdings. The game here is acute jijo)

2 Unilever =stupendous Q2 result. On the NSE, stocks with foreign core holding are prone to over-pricing, so may be heading above 40.

3 Afriprud =stupendous Q2 result and one of the TOE babies.

Shake off the analysis paralysis,
but shine your eyes and watch the general market direction.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 12:22pm On Jul 20, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:
@DeRuggedProf:

Un a serious note i think we the test both NSE and stockbroker FIREWALLS. grin

grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (2460) (2461) (2462) (2463) (2464) (2465) (2466) ... (7818) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: femu(m), egwue, Audacius, 222Martins(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.