Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (281) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10895225 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (7754) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chukyjones(m): 7:10am On Jul 22, 2014
vgirl: Milloo . This is interesting . You made a good move by dumping cash craft for Stanbic. May i know the requirement for account opening @ stanbic αϞ∂ their charges.

I use them too. They are just good. For account opening, your portfolio should be worth N5M, used to be N10M.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fulfillment2020(m): 7:21am On Jul 22, 2014
chukyjones:

I use them too. They are just good. For account opening, your portfolio should be worth N5M, used to be N10M.
Hmmm....dis one no be for small children.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Michael11stock(m): 7:57am On Jul 22, 2014
Moneysage: @Oga Elai: Here it is...marketwatch.ng noni. I may be wrong, but one can see a full E-wave on the right half of the chart (circa 20 March as base). Pls, correct me duely...I learn daily and humbly.

@ucheson2: nwoke m! Ure highly welcome back. Has ur coy been able to fulfil its Oando dreams?
pls someone should explain this wave 5 n wave 4 pls I don't know much about it
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 8:07am On Jul 22, 2014
Michael11stock: pls someone should explain this wave 5 n wave 4 pls I don't know much about it

Both bull and bear seasons have 5 waves. For bull, wave 1 starts with an uptrend; wave 2 a small pull back which doesn't get to the former base where wave 1 started; wave 3 a continuation of the uptrend (usually the longest); wave 4 another small pull back; wave 5 the last uptrend before the bear sets in.

For the bear, wave 1 beginning of downtrend; wave 2 a small uptrend which does not get up to the level where the wave 1 downtrend started; wave 3 continuation of the downtrend; wave 4 another small uptrend; and finally wave 5 continuation of the downtrend where markets should be observed for buying opportunities as the market bottoms out before the start of another bull season.

Basically most stocks and the general market go through this cycle. Check out the transcorp wave pattern and u know that a bear season just started for the stock.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vgirl: 8:45am On Jul 22, 2014
U guy are not small fries then!. i think i should stick to my meristerm.thanks guys
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 8:58am On Jul 22, 2014
This Elliot Wave theory don turn serious mara.

Anyways Mr. Elliot, the developer, actually wrote that the theory is optimized for stock indexes (or indices).

As is usual for most statistical concepts, the significance of a statistical quantity is linked to the size of the population (in this case, the population of stocks that make up the index); the same idea is applied in gambling theory and this makes sense if you consider the Elliot Wave theory as an instance of this concept.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 9:03am On Jul 22, 2014
This Elliots waves theory has some of its own problems too..

"The 1st major problem is that you cannot really recognize an Elliot Wave until it has already passed. So how can you make any forecasts or make trades based on it? After all, the Elliot Wave is simply a series of movements with the trend followed by retracements. The only thing that seems to be unique about it is that the retracement of Wave B is less than the 5th subwave. Otherwise, the Elliot Wave would just be a series of up and down movements, which is easily observable in stock charts or prices, but doesn't help in forecasting prices or directions."

"Elliot was, however, more specific about his Waves, but whether the wave satisfies the necessary criteria to be an Elliot Wave can only be determined after the wave has already passed. For instance, Elliot said that impulse waves 1, 3, and 5 are impulse waves, and that Wave 5 retraces at least 70% of Wave 4. But then what if Wave 5 doesn't retrace at least 70% of Wave 4? And needless to say, you can't know this until Wave 5 has already passed."

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 9:07am On Jul 22, 2014
@feelamong

In other words, we're dealing with a lagging indicator...Like moving averages.

Funny, even the changing business cycles in an economy can be delineated into an elliot wave pattern.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:14am On Jul 22, 2014
Jeeez, una no tell us on time. Now am loosing millions oof dollars on my paper profit. grin. Am confused. But not just transcoorp but majooority of the stocks lost.

Anyway, did u guys see ccnn? It seems to be moving against wave 5. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 9:14am On Jul 22, 2014
Pls I want somebody to advice me on what to do. I updated my account with SUS stockbrokers last week, the account that I open with them since 2006, my last transaction with them was 2009 till last week, and in the 2009 statement of my account I have little balance in my account. Just last week, I decided to sale off my Transcorp with the instruction that the money should be pay to my bank account, and it was sold last week thursday, I called them yesterday and I was told to expect my money on wednesday, JUST THIS MORNING, THEY CALLED ME THAT MY ACCOUNT IS IN DEBT OF #34,000. I don't beleive that my account is in debt, pls what shall I do.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 9:28am On Jul 22, 2014
UkwuAmu:
Thanks Nitro, there will always be irrational exuberance . That makes the sock market very interesting. I am still working on how to quantify investor's sentiment. Its a very powerful tool

Just learn and start playing poker bruv.

grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 9:44am On Jul 22, 2014
feelamong: This Elliots waves theory has some of its own problems too..

"The 1st major problem is that you cannot really recognize an Elliot Wave until it has already passed. So how can you make any forecasts or make trades based on it? After all, the Elliot Wave is simply a series of movements with the trend followed by retracements. The only thing that seems to be unique about it is that the retracement of Wave B is less than the 5th subwave. Otherwise, the Elliot Wave would just be a series of up and down movements, which is easily observable in stock charts or prices, but doesn't help in forecasting prices or directions."

"Elliot was, however, more specific about his Waves, but whether the wave satisfies the necessary criteria to be an Elliot Wave can only be determined after the wave has already passed. For instance, Elliot said that impulse waves 1, 3, and 5 are impulse waves, and that Wave 5 retraces at least 70% of Wave 4. But then what if Wave 5 doesn't retrace at least 70% of Wave 4? And needless to say, you can't know this until Wave 5 has already passed."

The point is even if the whole circle has not occurred, u could make a calculated guess as to where you are especially when you are in wave 5. I think it is possible to know you are in wave 5 especially for waves that very obvious. Definitely, decisions would normally be made adding other indicators
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 9:46am On Jul 22, 2014
mercylicious: Jeeez, una no tell us on time. Now am loosing millions oof dollars on my paper profit. grin. Am confused. But not just transcoorp but majooority of the stocks lost.

Anyway, did u guys see ccnn? It seems to be moving against wave 5. Lol.

The fact that the index has completed wave 5 does not mean all stocks would loose, some stocks may just be starting their own uptrend
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 9:52am On Jul 22, 2014
Are the long termers seeing afriprud? It appears these guys are loaded. I see these guys giving a dividend of 50kobo in two years
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nitrogen(m): 10:05am On Jul 22, 2014
Abeg, leave all these analysis jare, see transcorp at 5.41 this morning, you guys are still doing analysis, I go fight una o! angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 10:09am On Jul 22, 2014
nitrogen: Abeg, leave all these analysis jare, see transcorp at 5.41 this morning, you guys are still doing analysis, I go fight una o! angry angry angry angry

Bross bears bring back analysis na

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by hbrednic: 10:16am On Jul 22, 2014
nitrogen: Abeg, leave all these analysis jare, see transcorp at 5.41 this morning, you guys are still doing analysis, I go fight una o! angry angry angry angry

NSE never open nah,abi you get another branch for ariara wey we dont know

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by hbrednic: 10:18am On Jul 22, 2014
Agbalowomeri: Are the long termers seeing afriprud? It appears these guys are loaded. I see these guys giving a dividend of 50kobo in two years

stunt growth,sold off my units yesterday.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 10:22am On Jul 22, 2014
hbrednic:

stunt growth,sold off my units yesterday.

I hope u didn't use the eps because it is confusing; growth was over 50% in PAT. Do you call this stunted growth?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by uboma(m): 10:32am On Jul 22, 2014
I loaded some units of Sterling Bank Plc this morning @ N2.33...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gabscity(m): 10:34am On Jul 22, 2014
Sterlngbank VS Skyebank. Which is better for short term, say 3months.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 10:42am On Jul 22, 2014
The phenomenon known as the Transcorpian Correction continues in early trading...

grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ess: 10:49am On Jul 22, 2014
Dexterax: The phenomenon known as the Transcorpian Correction continues in early trading...

grin

We go dey wait for km 3 junction. grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by hbrednic: 10:57am On Jul 22, 2014
Agbalowomeri:

I hope u didn't use the eps because it is confusing; growth was over 50% in PAT. Do you call this stunted growth?

Its not just the drop in eps,I compared the % growth rate with the previous years figures.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 4dchairman(m): 11:01am On Jul 22, 2014
Transcorp currently trading @ 5.74 ,too early to predict a rally.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ess: 11:01am On Jul 22, 2014
My fellow house members, is there any news regarding livestock? The stock has been stagnant for a while.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 11:02am On Jul 22, 2014
4dchairman:

Trap

Takute

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 11:03am On Jul 22, 2014
Chibuking81: Pls I want somebody to advice me on what to do. I updated my account with SUS stockbrokers last week, the account that I open with them since 2006, my last transaction with them was 2009 till last week, and in the 2009 statement of my account I have little balance in my account. Just last week, I decided to sale off my Transcorp with the instruction that the money should be pay to my bank account, and it was sold last week thursday, I called them yesterday and I was told to expect my money on wednesday, JUST THIS MORNING, THEY CALLED ME THAT MY ACCOUNT IS IN DEBT OF #34,000. I don't beleive that my account is in debt, pls what shall I do.
pls I still need the house advice.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nitrogen(m): 11:03am On Jul 22, 2014
Agbalowomeri:

Trap

Takute

haha

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by hbrednic: 11:04am On Jul 22, 2014
Ess:
We go dey wait for km 3 junction. grin

Dexterax: The phenomenon known as the Transcorpian Correction continues in early trading...

grin

Give us 70 days to build up the momentum again cool cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nitrogen(m): 11:06am On Jul 22, 2014
4dchairman:

Pre-market things, now, we have 5.66/5.74, bid/offer
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Michael11stock(m): 11:06am On Jul 22, 2014
Agbalowomeri:

Both bull and bear seasons have 5 waves. For bull, wave 1 starts with an uptrend; wave 2 a small pull back which doesn't get to the former base where wave 1 started; wave 3 a continuation of the uptrend (usually the longest); wave 4 another small pull back; wave 5 the last uptrend before the bear sets in.

For the bear, wave 1 beginning of downtrend; wave 2 a small uptrend which does not get up to the level where the wave 1 downtrend started; wave 3 continuation of the downtrend; wave 4 another small uptrend; and finally wave 5 continuation of the downtrend where markets should be observed for buying opportunities as the market bottoms out before the start of another bull season.

Basically most stocks and the general market go through this cycle. Check out the transcorp wave pattern and u know that a bear season just started for the stock.
WOW YOU ARE THE BEST THANKS A BUNCH

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (7754) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: eudoh940(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.