Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,117 members, 7,860,030 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:48 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (2852) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11064440 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2849) (2850) (2851) (2852) (2853) (2854) (2855) ... (7815) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 3:54pm On Dec 22, 2017
lancee:

No..keep changing my mind ..cld ve done that since
grin You too love your self, why not try and make more money?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 4:51pm On Dec 22, 2017

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 5:40pm On Dec 22, 2017
pluto09:

I am having a rethink about my position on presco and okomu.
The words on the street is that government is planning to review the policy on importation of PKO. Don't know how true this is but there are all kinds of imported oil flooding our market on daily basis already.. Caution now is my watchword.

This was my post on presco and okomu about 3 months ago.
Don't think they can survive without government protection.
I am out already.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yom2(m): 5:47pm On Dec 22, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

Bad guy. You still remember those guys for that WhatsApp group.

They will deliberately buy 100 units or thereabout in all the listed companies because of corporate gifts and at times do get money for transport fare.

They do rate companies based on the corporate gifts and not based on financial performance.

I once met a guy with 10 units of Nestle shares.

Companies with bad financial results usually give very good corporate gifts and transport allowance.

pls tell me more. may be dis is d part time coded runs for next year. I ll need not blame any company for poor financial performance if I can grab enough cooperate gift as compensation. no wonder some guys don't miss this AGM
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:11pm On Dec 22, 2017
samguru:

Bros you go school nah, see you don fall my hand Anyway I don forgive you.
See God has blessed me beyond scrambling for stuffs at the AGMs, don't derail us please

Quite a lot of guys do this. You may not. But this is the trend.

Imagine someone who bought 100 units of Dangote Sugar at N20. He must have paid N2,000 excluding broker's charge. Imagine if Dangote Sugar declared 80kobo dividend, he should get like N72 after withholding tax.

He goes for the AGM and he is fed with a sumptuous meal, with chilled water. Then he is given Transport fare of N5,000.

The guy has got his capital plus dividends + profit in one sitting!!!

He is making more money than those who bought 1million units of Dangote Sugar at N20 waiting for appreciation and dividend. The dividend yield on cost (YoC) is just 4%. If price remains the same, no appreciation for you.

Whereas the other guy got capital invested(N2,000) + profit(N3,000) + his N72 dividend. And his 100 unit stocks are still in the market ooo unsold. grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 22, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

Bad guy. You still remember those guys for that WhatsApp group.

They will deliberately buy 100 units or thereabout in all the listed companies because of corporate gifts and at times do get money for transport fare.

They do rate companies based on the corporate gifts and not based on financial performance.

I once met a guy with 10 units of Nestle shares.

Companies with bad financial results usually give very good corporate gifts and transport allowance.

I remember ooo. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 6:19pm On Dec 22, 2017
grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 6:25pm On Dec 22, 2017
RabbiDoracle:

Imagine someone who bought 100 units of Dangote Sugar at N20. He must have paid N2,000 excluding broker's charge. Imagine if Dangote Sugar declared 80kobo dividend, he should get like N72 after withholding tax.

He goes for the AGM and he is fed with a sumptuous meal, with chilled water. Then he is given Transport fare of N5,000.

He is making more money than those who bought 1million units of Dangote Sugar at N20 waiting for appreciation and dividend. The dividend yield on cost (YoC) is just 4%. If price remains the same, no appreciation for you.

Whereas the other guy got capital invested(N2,000) + profit(N3,000) + his N72 dividend. And his 100 unit stocks are still in the market ooo unsold. grin

Next AGM season no go easy o! If I can attend nestle, seplat,DangCem, total, skye fund AGM, come collect their 5k incentive,Thats multiple souce of income, considering that most Companies AGMs will be held within the space of 3months.....Though my main aim will be how to enter the league of major dist3ibutor
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:39pm On Dec 22, 2017
fxuser:

i no be guru oh
stop loss is my teacher
my risk exposure never exceeds 2% max of capital .
i dont really look at it from d 50% angle .. i look at it from d risk angle , so if drops to my stop loss and let say my capital is say N1m , i wont lose more than 10k (1%) . . if u apply this risk mgt method to calculate how many shares u shud be exposed too .. u wud see some dramatic adjustments

so even if i want to add more dangflour for example but my risk exposure will exceed 1% of capital, then it means hav bought to many shares and tending toward recklessness. the only way to increase my holdings wud be to increase capital rather dan over trade or increase your risk limit to say 3% (u dont want to lose more dan 30k per trade )

i hope im making sense

You will just get HBP!!!

You will be making money for the stockbroker!

If you invested N1m and it drops by 2%, you will sell off.

Let's get a better understanding of your strategy:

You buy a stock X at N1 and the broker charges you 1.5% on your buy. You will pay N15,000 to your broker first. Then they will use the remainder to buy you stock X. You will get 985,000 units.

If after buying, stock X loses 2%, you will sell off.
2% loss on N1 buying price is 98kobo. So you will sell 985,000 units at 98kobo.
Amount that would be realised will be N965,300.

Broker says that you will pay 1.8% for the sell commission. So you pay N17,375.44!!!

You have a final value of N947,924.6 in your portfolio.

Now let's see who is gaining/losing amongst the market, the broker and you.

You: N1,000,000 - N947,924.6 = N52,075.4

Market: 2% of your sum invested (N985,000) = 0.02 X N985,000 = N19,700

Broker: buy + sell commission= N15,000 + N17,375.4= N32,375.4

What this means is that a greater percentage of the money you lost went to the broker grin

And that is (32,375.4 ÷ 52,075.4) X 100%= 62% of the money you lost went to the broker. While market only took 38%.

Stop working for the brokers!!!

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:44pm On Dec 22, 2017
tritritri:

Hahaha dat is good...it helps one avoid losses but at the same time it limit one to big profit..

Fluctuation is your friend so long as the fundamentals remain solid.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:45pm On Dec 22, 2017
currentprice:

it will required sound technical knowledge to succeed this kind of trade on NSE with 2% a daily move can hit SL and moving in and out will profit your broker more

grin

Gbamly said!!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:52pm On Dec 22, 2017
Toluway:

Doesn't make sense in stock trading habitual fluctuations are inevitable. Going in and out, na wahala. More expensive in the overall. There are technicalities. There is wisdom.
Abeg, no vex .

You are in the spirit!

You can't run away from fluctuations.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 7:20pm On Dec 22, 2017
RabbiDoracle:

You will just get HBP!!!

You buy a stock X at N1 and the broker charges you 1.5% on your buy. You will pay N15,000 to your broker first. Then they will use the remainder to buy you stock X. You will get 985,000 units.

Broker says that you will pay 1.8% for the sell commission. So you pay N17,375.44!!!

What this means is that a greater percentage of the money you lost went to the broker grin

And that is (32,375.4 ÷ 52,075.4) X 100%= 62% of the money you lost went to the broker. While market only took 38%.

Good analysis.
I however think fxuser is a master of his game and he might be doing well than most FA guys here.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 7:44pm On Dec 22, 2017
RabbiDoracle:

You will just get HBP!!!

NO
wrong calculation .. not drop by 2%

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 7:49pm On Dec 22, 2017
pluto09:

Good analysis.
I however think fxuser is a master of his game and he might be doing well than most FA guys here.

Leeme try better
Example :
Capital : N1,000,000
Risk Limit : 1% (or 10k .. DO NOT Confuse dis with stop limit)
Stock pick: Ucap
Entry Price : N3.30
Exit: N4.00
Stop Loss: N3.00
(u pick ur own enttry , stop loss, exit )

Calculation / Ans:
Acceptable Units to BUY = 33,333
Total Cost: N110,000
Potential Reward: N23,333
Loss ''IF'' SP drops to N3.00 stop loss = N10,000

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 7:56pm On Dec 22, 2017
fxuser:

Leeme try better
Example :

Calculation / Ans:

Now let adjust Risk limit to 2%

Example 2 :
Risk Limit : 2% (or 20k .. DO NOT CONFUSE this again WT stop limit or watever)

Calculation / Ans:
Acceptable Units to BUY = 66,667
Total Cost: N220,000
Potential Reward: N46,667 (u can ignore this and set ur own potential target price)
Loss ''IF'' SP drops to N3.00 / stop loss = N20,000

So you are only risking 2% of capital in example 2 and 1% of capital in example 1
Also, if u change ur stop loss, number of units will also change but your risk remains d same
u shud be able work round dis, u seem to like calculating

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 22, 2017
@fxuser Guess u mean portfolio re-balancing and not the Stop loss limit. trying to rebalancin not to exceed ur risk limit or reduce ur risk limit on each trade. it works by taken profit if it goes high or average down if it goes low.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yom2(m): 8:35pm On Dec 22, 2017
fxuser:
Brent
- weekly still bullish , SP remains above $64
just wait for d next emefiele talk show, foreign reserve should have hit 40billion dollars by now.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 22, 2017
fxuser:

Leeme try better
Example :

Calculation / Ans:

Is your system automated to do this Or you sit and watch?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:01pm On Dec 22, 2017
fxuser:

Example 2 :

Calculation / Ans:
Potential Reward: N46,667 (u can ignore this and set ur own potential target price)

So you are only risking 2% of capital in example 2 and 1% of capital in example 1
Also, if u change ur stop loss, number of units will also change but your risk remains d same

In your explanation, did you put into consideration broker's buy commission before you arrived at the units you calculated. Or you earmarked a certain fund to cover for that.

My dear, everything is made out of calculations. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by EchoLima262: 9:05pm On Dec 22, 2017
RabbiDoracle:

I rebuke the spirit of pettiness.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:27pm On Dec 22, 2017
EchoLima262:

I rebuke the spirit of pettiness.

See one of them grin

Amen and Sorry sir!!!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 22, 2017
fxuser:

Example 2 :

Calculation / Ans:

Bro, if you understand your game, just play it well.

Endpoint is sharing information and never losing money.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 9:48pm On Dec 22, 2017
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aashik(m): 3:29am On Dec 23, 2017
kolaish:
If you want:

Cost effective in terms of charges - Morgan Securities (50% of people in this forum use Morgan),

High net investor who needs up to date advice/suggestion on capital market and information: FBN Securities, CSL, Meristem

You can also consider Investment One

Thanks man.
I have check up both morgan capital securities
But i am having problem checking investment one's price list
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:39am On Dec 23, 2017
@shigidi, I can't see your email.

The notification shows I have a mail from you but I can't view it. Or maybe I no sabi navigate to am as I be JJC here.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by inspirational93: 5:38am On Dec 23, 2017
click this link below to download PDF files of any topic and related courses(business,investment,sport,finance,stocks etc)
http://viwright.com/4as2
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 7:24am On Dec 23, 2017
Very lucid reasoning. 

The major secret of billionaires is their ability to find solutions to the challenges of humanity. All of them created solutions that brought the billions. Presently, Bill Gates is spending millions of dollars in search of renewable energy. By the time he finds one and become a major player in the electricity industry, we will say he is lucky. But we forget that he didn't pray for financial breakthrough, he only found a solution to a global problem.

Wealthy people don't necessarily look for money, they create solutions, and money will follow them! Larry Page and Sergey Brin went all out to help humanity find things faster on the internet, and billions of dollars followed them. Mark Zuckerberg created platforms for socialization, and over $71 billion followed him. Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak went all out to reduce the size of computer. What problems are you solving for humanity? 

Some people spend weeks on the mountain praying for financial breakthrough without knowing what to do to be rich. They just want to be rich anyhow. It doesn't work that way. Real wealth comes through solving problems. Real wealth comes when we take a critical look around us, see the challenges that surrounds us, and proffer solutions to them. 

One of the major reasons why millions of Africans live below the poverty line is our belief that magic wands will suddenly mint money for us. How many cups of mustard seeds did Mark Zuckerberg eat that made him an 'instant' billionaire? How many bottles of anointing oil did Jeff Bezos drink that turned him into an overnight owner of Amazon?

This is how potential billionaires pray: "Dear Lord, Nigeria has elecrity problem and I want to solve it. Lord, baptise me with fresh ideas on how to solve this problem, and connect me to the right partners to make it happen. Thank you Lord." God will definitely download creative ideas into their minds.

Unfortunately, this is how majority of us pray: "Oh Lord, I command anyone who said that I will not prosper to collapse and die by fire!" Another person will say: "Lord, I need financial favour. I need divine connections. I need financial breakthrough urgently. Lord send money to me today." When God listens to our prayers sometimes, I believe He will look down from the balcony of heaven and wonder why we failed to understand that wealth creation opportunities surrounds us. 

*I'm not belittling prayer, but most of us pray amiss*; I pray myself.

Dear friend, it is time to change your thinking and prayer pattern. Stop looking for shortcut to the top, start looking for the problems you can solve for humanity. Money is actually a reward for solving problems for people.

Keep soaring!

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 8:16am On Dec 23, 2017
tritritri:
@fxuser Guess u mean portfolio re-balancing and not the Stop loss limit. trying to rebalancin not to exceed ur risk limit or reduce ur risk limit on each trade. it works by taken profit if it goes high or average down if it goes low.

I mean portfolio exposure or sizing.
http://traderhq.com/trading-strategies/what-position-sizing-strategy-is-for-you-equal-risk-equal-dollar/

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 8:25am On Dec 23, 2017
Infinitisi:
Hi @fxuser please can you explain what you mean when you say +ve divergence and -ve divergence and the general implications for both.

@BullBearMkt and other TA faithfuls can also put in a word.

Thank you.

-ve Div
Negative divergence happens when the price of a security is in an uptrend and a major indicator - such as the moving average convergence divergence (MACD), price rate of change (ROC) or relative strength index (RSI) - heads downward.

+ve Div
Is da opposite of above

Reading:
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/d/divergence.asp

It helps us to sense when d music is over, for now d dj is still playing
lolx
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 8:26am On Dec 23, 2017
BullBearMkt:

...Technically WAPCO has breached a major rule, i.e it was showing daily accumulation while the weekly is bullish. With this, the price suppose to rally, howbeit small. Now the SP is below the accumulation price (dotted line) and it most likely going to test the next trading-zone which is shown on the chart to be between 37 and 39. Failure to hold at the level will mean Currentprice will be happy to welcome the stock below 30. However, I think it will put on a good fight at 34/35 if the major shareholders still love the company.
grin grin grin grin grin

Nice one
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:20am On Dec 23, 2017
PETERiCHY:
Very lucid reasoning. 

The major secret of billionaires is their ability to find solutions to the challenges of humanity. All of them created solutions that brought the billions. Presently, Bill Gates is spending millions of dollars in search of renewable energy. By the time he finds one and become a major player in the electricity industry, we will say he is lucky. But we forget that he didn't pray for financial breakthrough, he only found a solution to a global problem.

Wealthy people don't necessarily look for money, they create solutions, and money will follow them! Larry Page and Sergey Brin went all out to help humanity find things faster on the internet, and billions of dollars followed them. Mark Zuckerberg created platforms for socialization, and over $71 billion followed him. Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak went all out to reduce the size of computer. What problems are you solving for humanity? 

Some people spend weeks on the mountain praying for financial breakthrough without knowing what to do to be rich. They just want to be rich anyhow. It doesn't work that way. Real wealth comes through solving problems. Real wealth comes when we take a critical look around us, see the challenges that surrounds us, and proffer solutions to them. 

One of the major reasons why millions of Africans live below the poverty line is our belief that magic wands will suddenly mint money for us. How many cups of mustard seeds did Mark Zuckerberg eat that made him an 'instant' billionaire? How many bottles of anointing oil did Jeff Bezos drink that turned him into an overnight owner of Amazon?

This is how potential billionaires pray: "Dear Lord, Nigeria has elecrity problem and I want to solve it. Lord, baptise me with fresh ideas on how to solve this problem, and connect me to the right partners to make it happen. Thank you Lord." God will definitely download creative ideas into their minds.

Unfortunately, this is how majority of us pray: "Oh Lord, I command anyone who said that I will not prosper to collapse and die by fire!" Another person will say: "Lord, I need financial favour. I need divine connections. I need financial breakthrough urgently. Lord send money to me today." When God listens to our prayers sometimes, I believe He will look down from the balcony of heaven and wonder why we failed to understand that wealth creation opportunities surrounds us. 

*I'm not belittling prayer, but most of us pray amiss*; I pray myself.

Dear friend, it is time to change your thinking and prayer pattern. Stop looking for shortcut to the top, start looking for the problems you can solve for humanity. Money is actually a reward for solving problems for people.

Keep soaring!

Nice one. Blunt truth.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2849) (2850) (2851) (2852) (2853) (2854) (2855) ... (7815) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.