Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,009 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (2991) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10965938 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2988) (2989) (2990) (2991) (2992) (2993) (2994) ... (7780) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by tiar: 5:42pm On Jan 18, 2018
As the buying frenzy continues, be wary of where you are investing your money. Most stocks are rising on momentum and not because of improved financial performances and near-term expectations.

The banking industry takes the brunt of bulls and bears so, I will focus on this industry. I will mention (briefly) three banks to be wary of when the tide turns and stocks start heading south as investors panic and seek for the exit trying to hold on to their unrealized gains.

1. FCMB: The bank's nine-month (September 2017) result is not on the Nigerian Stock Exchange's corporate disclosures page. Not surprising given the below...

Pre-tax income declined by 52% year-on-year and Gross Earnings declined by 16% year-on-year. To put this result further into perspective,

Pre-tax income was 7.57 Billion naira in April 2007 (12-month result) and ten years later now operating as a holding company, nine-month pre-tax income in September 2017 is 6.84 Billion naira despite interest income being approximately seven times larger in September 2017 compared to April 2007.

2. Skye Bank: No 2016 fiscal year result has been released while 2017 fiscal year results are about a month away form release every other bank. No news is not good news... Remember when Oando delayed its result for almost a year?

3. Stanbic IBTC: This is a holding company that incorporates the largest asset management company in Nigeria. Nonetheless, this bank's gross earnings and assets are less than that of Diamond Bank while trading 12.5X higher per share. Almost all of the free float is under the control of this asset management behemoth to dictate price movement as and when necessary. Interest expense and credit impairment continues to be understated giving a big artificial boost to profit.

I will leave it there. The market has gone crazy; do not rub shoulders with it. If a stock does not deserve to rise to the level it has, when it falls, it will take no prisoners on its reverse journey. It is better to gain less than to lose more.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 5:42pm On Jan 18, 2018
Yayira:
ride on sir
Harder or faster?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 5:46pm On Jan 18, 2018
tiar:
As the buying frenzy continues, be wary of where you are investing your money. Most stocks are rising on momentum and not because of improved financial performances and near-term expectations.

The banking industry takes the brunt of bulls and bears so, I will focus on this industry. I will mention (briefly) three banks to be wary of when the tide turns and stocks start heading south as investors panic and seek for the exit trying to hold on to their unrealized gains.

1. FCMB: The bank's nine-month (September 2017) result is not on the Nigerian Stock Exchange's corporate disclosures page. Not surprising given the below...

Pre-tax income declined by 52% year-on-year and Gross Earnings declined by 16% year-on-year. To put this result further into perspective,

Pre-tax income was 7.57 Billion naira in April 2007 (12-month result) and ten years later now operating as a holding company, nine-month pre-tax income in September 2017 is 6.84 Billion naira despite interest income being approximately seven times larger in September 2017 compared to April 2007.

2. Skye Bank: No 2016 fiscal year result has been released while 2017 fiscal year results are about a month away form release every other bank. No news is not good news... Remember when Oando delayed its result for almost a year?

3. Stanbic IBTC: This is a holding company that incorporates the largest asset management company in Nigeria. Nonetheless, this bank's gross earnings and assets are less than that of Diamond Bank while trading 12.5X higher per share. Almost all of the free float is under the control of this asset management behemoth to dictate price movement as and when necessary. Interest expense and credit impairment continues to be understated giving a big artificial boost to profit.

I will leave it there. The market has gone crazy; do not rub shoulders with it. If a stock does not deserve to rise to the level it has, when it falls, it will take no prisoners on its reverse journey. It is better to gain less than to lose more.

Oga this your analysis is it fundamental or technical? grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 5:48pm On Jan 18, 2018
MYMINDER:

Foreign investors have a minimum market capitalization screen for stocks in countries. Only Access survives this initial screening. It is not about the price per share but the market value of the company as an INITIAL filter when it comes to foreign institutional investment. Be informed.

Brokers are playing games. Like you said, foreign funds have strict guideline on type of stocks they can invest in. Anyone that fall into the trap of the cowboy brokers will have themselves to blame. They are the beneficiary of the current frenzy.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chunkuli: 5:49pm On Jan 18, 2018
pls post oga current. your posts are really appreciated abeg
currentprice:
person go day fear to post opinion on nsempa. abi na by force to read every post

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 5:54pm On Jan 18, 2018
Notes to myself:
Please, do not take posts too seriously now until CALM returns to this market.
Doubt everything you read or hear from anywhere going forward.
Keep your rule book always open and close to you now, more than ever.
Never ignore BBM's consistent 'PYT and TYP'.
Do not engage an unknown button mid-flight due to high frequency noise.
Fear nothing, but remain cautiously sensible and do not throw away RISK MANAGEMENT and PORTFOLIO SIZING.
Over diversification is especially risky now as your brain will catch fire if you have to suddenly start rushing simultaneously out of 9 or more doors when a severe pullback strikes. . grin
No one can be sure he is thinking rightly now to advise me. ..... grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 5:57pm On Jan 18, 2018
currentprice:
person go day fear to post opinion on nsempa. abi na by force to read every post

grin
Sorry sir .I hereby withdraw my complaint. You guys are too much. Ride on please, my Ogas at the top. May God bless your wisdom
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jan 18, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

Harder or faster?
grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 6:08pm On Jan 18, 2018
Yayira:
grin grin

Both?.... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 6:11pm On Jan 18, 2018
MYMINDER:

Foreign investors have a minimum market capitalization screen for stocks in countries. Only Access survives this initial screening. It is not about the price per share but the market value of the company as an INITIAL filter when it comes to foreign institutional investment. Be informed.

I need some light here, please exemplify and expand.
We are here first to learn, then make money unaided.
Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 6:11pm On Jan 18, 2018
DeRuggedProf:

Both?.... grin
double emoji

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 6:15pm On Jan 18, 2018
Nsempa should break 3000 tomorrow
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 6:17pm On Jan 18, 2018
PERMIT ME TO POST THIS NEWS HERE, FOR THEIR MEMBERS TO SEE.
REMEMBER, AM NOT ONE OF THEM.

https://www.easykobo.com/News.aspx?id=19902

BITCOIN crash - Opportunity or dead end?

Jan 18 (Lagos) - The dramatic plunge in Bitcoin and other crypto-currencies over the past two days erased almost $300 billion dollars in total market cap.

Investors who bought Bitcoin around its peak of $20,000 would have suffered the most as the price fell below $10,000 on Wednesday. It is even more painful for people who decided to borrow money and buy the digital currency, fearing that they would miss the greatest opportunity ever in financial markets.

South Korea and China regulators were the ones to be blamed after they signaled plans to crack down on cryptocurrency trading. In 2017 cryptocurrencies were resilient to such news, particularly after China decided to shut down exchanges dealing with digital currencies in September.

Back then, the bitcoin price plunged more than 30% from $4,900 to below $2,900. Three months later, it managed to march towards $20,000, suggesting that such actions attracted more investors.

Given that traders and investors may always find a way to circumvent local restrictions, in theory, restrictions should have a limited impact in the longer run. However, when the fight becomes global against crypto-currencies, this should become a serious warning signal.

Finding a fair value in crypto-currencies is an impossible mission, as animal spirits will remain the key driver. Most people who were buying bitcoin and other crypto-currencies most recently, are not using them for transactions, but holding them in the expectation of profiting from the endless rising price. Whether the animal spirits have already released their grip, remains to be seen and this cannot be ascertained from a two-day slump.

Brick and mortar stores have been very slow to accept crypto-currencies as a method of payment. This is what worries me most. If we don’t see growth in their acceptance as payment method, then it is not serving its true purpose.

reporting for easykobo.com on Thursday, Jan 18 2018 from Lagos, Nigeria

Source - above article by Hussein Sayed, Chief Market Strategist at FXTM, all opinions, views, targets expressed in above article are of analyst and easykobo does not endorse or oppose any views expressed in the article

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 18, 2018
currentprice:

grin
I withdraw my own complain too sir. But sir ehn, you see weytin they happen for market so, don pass fair price and fundamentals oo. You know say Lawunion do 9.09% today ? Hmm sir this not the time to warn someone oo. Just fold your hands and observe

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:29pm On Jan 18, 2018
wanaj0:

IBTC underwrote the Presco IPO so they became shareholders by picking the unsubscribed portion of the IPO. IBTC did nothing to the management.

Yinka Sanni, the current CEO of Stanbic IBTC represented them on the board of Presco

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 6:30pm On Jan 18, 2018
Yayira:
I withdraw my own complain sir. But sir ehn, you see weytin they happen for market so, don pass fair price and fundamentals oo. You know say Lawunion do 9.09% today ? Hmm sir this not the time to warn someone oo. Just fold your hands and observe

We need such posts more, the bulls feed on them..... grin
It is very difficult to remember the facts of a case, when the presiding judge is your crush..... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 6:33pm On Jan 18, 2018
Agbalowomeri:
Nsempa should break 3000 tomorrow

That is our own all comments index. Unfortunately, NSEMPA does not have capitalization to gauge the economy of Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 6:41pm On Jan 18, 2018
tiar:

Hear this my dear; This NSE u see now has gone beyond the stage of this ur write up.
...Do u really think that our hot money brothers are not aware of these and much more?
...Or pahaps u think that we down here in the 'black room' don't know these things. cheesy grin
Is alright. ...Just keep analysing while some of us align ourselves and make money from the 'melody in play' grin grin

Thanks for the beautiful reminder though. ...we do appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 6:54pm On Jan 18, 2018
Truly, everyone of us here are seriously enjoying the bull.
But of the truth, this bull is questionable, enough pump and pump. And many has no option than to join, likes of Skye banks and it's brothers, I have been searching for the positive news that pushes them forward, but could not find.

Stocks, that used to have over 100 million offer on daily bases, are now turning to seriously full bid. Peterich once talks about law of diminishing return, and market crash.

Bull is good, but we should follow it with caution, we should join companies with good fundamentals, that always pay dividend and have good EPS, because if the market faces south tomorrow, you are sure of yearly dividend.

One funny thing in this market, is that the Penny stocks that gain 10% every day with full bid, if the faces south, it will turn to fully offer, with the same 10% lose.

We should follow this bull with wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 6:56pm On Jan 18, 2018
locodemy:

Hmm Tomorrow go hot o.
If fcmb,diamond and fbn no close on red tomorrow,
I go buy one of them on monday.
cant you see clearly?
or u need glases?
Abeg, make the bolded no see red tomorrow, Monday or Tuesday. Make una just allow the Elephant reach N16 then we go discuss the pullback from Wednesday.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 18, 2018
currentprice:
now i begin to worry about the mkt, all the fundamental stock have surpass currentprice system fairprice even FBNH. except access & uba

i don't play with my guide fairprice cheesy

though some said it is bull period so numbers doesn't matter. i wonder why the like of wapco , FO , PZ, UNILEVER, GLAXOsmith etc yet to double grin grin

with stock breaking fairprice, pullback is imminent soon, very very soon than what you expect,,, "BE WARN"

na like this we take pass DF message grin

note; not saying nse has reach high of the year. no but pullback is imminent for mkt breathing toward the result

post is not for long term investors , it for those willing to sell high for repurchase of more unit later

grin grin grin

What about presco plc Currentprice system fairprice sir?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 7:01pm On Jan 18, 2018
@DeRuggedProf
Abeg arrange good seats for those coys with good numbers; we are coming to join you 1st week of February
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 7:24pm On Jan 18, 2018
@Currentprice, If not for your post, I would have thought that Fidelity bank has not even got close to it's fair price, with a P. E. of less than $4, dividend history, revenue, asset and liability, book value and etc.
Kindly respond.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jan 18, 2018
Agbalowomeri:
@DeRuggedProf
Abeg arrange good seats for those coys with good numbers; we are coming to join you 1st week of February

I dey ur back.Help me roll Access to 10.50.Na the only stock i go like to pick for the next round of bull.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by presiade(m): 7:51pm On Jan 18, 2018
9free:

Abeg, make the bolded no see red tomorrow, Monday or Tuesday. Make una just allow the Elephant reach N16 then we go discuss the pullback from Wednesday.

Somebody is heavily loaded with the elephant... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jan 18, 2018
Revibe:

Something is cooking in AIICO
So you still dey wait for the food since last year? Chai.....even 5% u never see till now when I am on my way to 200%. see.......na snake dem dey cook no be food oooooo.hear it now.
Anyway if you can get oando now the best for you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GTay(m): 8:04pm On Jan 18, 2018
Oil rebounded after slipping below $69 a barrel on Thursday, supported by a record drawdown of U.S. crude stockpiles at the Cushing, Oklahoma delivery hub, despite concerns that OPEC-led output cuts will increase supply from the United States. - Source Business Day

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jan 18, 2018
tiar:

I hope you know say fcmb has a strong market maker and their share price no dey receive much beaten after result.
I am telling you so you can be aware of it and know you that it is my bank.I am in total support of its rally.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jan 18, 2018
GTay:
Oil rebounded after slipping below $69 a barrel on Thursday, supported by a record drawdown of U.S. crude stockpiles at the Cushing, Oklahoma delivery hub, despite concerns that OPEC-led output cuts will increase supply from the United States. - Source Business Day

If it crosses $70 this night,market go sweet tomorrow but if stays same way it is now.......,

stock/index fall tomorrow is inevitable.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jan 18, 2018
I just realised we have two sir pee in this house.immediately you stepped into dangflour bus,the engine broke down.you know yourself,you have tomorrow Friday to step down,so the bus can go on by next week.you know yourself,your weight is tooo muchhhhhhhh shocked

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jan 18, 2018
DOLLARTEX:
I just realised we have two sir pee in this house.immediately you stepped into dangflour bus,the engine broke down.you know yourself,you have tomorrow Friday to step down,so the bus can go on by next week.you know yourself,your weight is tooo muchhhhhhhh shocked

Tritri fire back.
Aby make I help u catch am?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jan 18, 2018
locodemy:

Tritri fire back.
Aby make I help u catch am?
loco no put me for wahala ooo, shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (2988) (2989) (2990) (2991) (2992) (2993) (2994) ... (7780) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.