Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,363 members, 7,864,692 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 01:28 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3167) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11085245 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3164) (3165) (3166) (3167) (3168) (3169) (3170) ... (7818) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 4:20pm On Feb 18, 2018
kolaish:
UPL?

no be UPL my brother, i will follow keep it close except he ask me to

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:22pm On Feb 18, 2018
shigidi:

( Gains accruing to a person from a disposal by him of Nigerian government securities, stocks and
shares shall not be chargeable gains under this Act

Govt is seriously looking for money, I hope they won't review this Act?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by shigidi(m): 4:29pm On Feb 18, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

Govt is seriously looking for money, I hope they won't review this Act?

This is poorly written. It is not clear whether shares of publicly quoted companies are exempt or not. Very confusing.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 4:33pm On Feb 18, 2018
My people, my people.......... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 5:37pm On Feb 18, 2018
Coolcash1:

He should not worry because there is no cause for alarm. Gain derived from sale of shares, stocks, treasury bills, bonds are NOT subject to capital gain tax. This is in line with s.30 (1) & (2) of Capital Gains Tax Act of 1967 as amended to date.

However, the tax on such investments is withholding tax which is charged on the interest or dividend received on the capital sum. This tax is also final i.e. No other form of tax can be levied on the income.

Hope this helps... grin

On the CONTRARY, he should be very worried.

YES there is no capital gains tax on the disposal of stocks in Nigeria.

However, VAIDS is about having tax payment commensurate with your income. He will need to show the tax paid on the income that he used to acquire the shares. Paying yearly tax of N15k and having shares of N100m? He will have some explanation to do.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 5:46pm On Feb 18, 2018
bigjay01:

i remember clearly his warning on Oando. However, my oga was also into Chams, Intenegins etc . Oga no be so?

I bought Chams PP. Sold not long after. It was obvious the management was not serious.

OandO was 'killed' by the 'promoters'. Unfortunately, upstream oil industry no be beans! See wetin happen to Afren. It takes a lot to monetise reserves. The cowboys at OandO do not have the interests of minority shareholders at heart.

C&I Leasing is another company that the management is not allowing to blossom!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:53pm On Feb 18, 2018
J
wanaj0:

However, VAIDS is about having tax payment commensurate with your income. He will need to show the tax paid on the income that he used to acquire the shares. Paying yearly tax of N15k and having shares of N100m? He will have some explanation to do.

What about the with holding tax of between 600k to 800k he must have paid on the dividends earned.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:12pm On Feb 18, 2018
currentprice:

no be UPL my brother, i will follow keep it close except he ask me to

grin

UPL is not a bad market especially if it falls to its 52wks low.I am watching it closely and i think this should be the stock oga pluto is refering to.Until he says no I will know it is not UPL........he is refering to.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:15pm On Feb 18, 2018
wanaj0:

But the form has a part to declare your investment (stocks, bonds, etc)....this is section 3

Section D says that you should state assets you have disposed..at the end you indicate if it is a gain/loss stating the value.

https://vaids.gov.ng

Download the form and see.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:20pm On Feb 18, 2018
locodemy:

UPL is not a bad market especially if it falls to its 52wks low.I am watching it closely and i think this should be the stock oga pluto is refering to.Until he says no I will know it is not UPL........he is refering to.

UPL
CUTIX
NPFMCRBNK
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:25pm On Feb 18, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

UPL CUTIX NPFMCRBNK
yes upl and cutix.one of them is correct.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 8:25pm On Feb 18, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

UPL
CUTIX
NPFMCRBNK

Wetin person wan carry these ones do?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:29pm On Feb 18, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

Na wetin we dey suspect say Pluto dey buy.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:33pm On Feb 18, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

Oga Agba.no vex o.
As I carry my money for hand now.
i dey look for woman i go enter now and release quick quick.
Do you know any one?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 8:39pm On Feb 18, 2018
locodemy:

Oga Agba.no vex o.
As I carry my money for hand now.
i dey look for woman i go enter now and release quick quick.
Do you know any one?

Ahah you talk my language

I know one identical twins coming around this week
Omo those babes set mehn, make we share them one one
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 18, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

Ahah you talk my language
I know one identical twins coming around this week Omo those babes set mehn, make we share them one one
Are you sure we never sleep with them some weeks back? Na A and U?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:08pm On Feb 18, 2018
locodemy:

Are you sure we never sleep with them some weeks back?
Na A and U?

Agbalowomeri:

they still fit allow us 15-20rounds
Their mama dey usually follow them do three-some; if na sugar mummy you prefer

This is too raw..mind what you guys say.

Don't you think you guys should open a new thread to discuss this?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 9:12pm On Feb 18, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

grin grin grin grin
Jew
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Cadillac15(m): 9:15pm On Feb 18, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

Afriprud, Ucap, Uba
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Cadillac15(m): 9:21pm On Feb 18, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

I have noticed that guys who chase money like agba love women scarra
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:36pm On Feb 18, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

grin grin grin grin
Jew

Una fit sell person o.

15-20% abi.

I go scatter that una runz
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 9:51pm On Feb 18, 2018
locodemy:

Not that Upl is bad, Upl is selling at discount. But 100% sure Pluto is not targeting Upl. Though d stock he is referring to is illiquid but illiquid stock have class. Try again next time.
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 9:55pm On Feb 18, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

Not for people like you grin
Those companies are too small for you and besides, you want your returns to come very very quick.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 9:56pm On Feb 18, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

After all the mansha, una sure say these babes still get power to fire on top bed?

Make una no go carry babe wey go faint for una room.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 9:57pm On Feb 18, 2018
currentprice:

i think i know this stock grin

in my own opinion the stock is currently trading above it Q3 fairvalue except you have insider information of good than expected Q4 report

though the stock go vomit no matter how, if it is constipated to poo

grin grin grin

Q3 report is not out yet.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:01pm On Feb 18, 2018
pluto09:

Q3 report is not out yet.
so currentprice is even wrong? Oga I think the stock is fidson since you said the Q3 result is not yet out.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 10:07pm On Feb 18, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

Just dey watch
Na routine runs

Am Watching though. I no get liver for that one. I know how ucap swings and I dey buss stop dey wait for am.

15-20% will take it to about ₦5.00, abi?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 10:11pm On Feb 18, 2018
locodemy:

so currentprice is even wrong?
Oga I think the stock is fidson since you said the Q3 result is not yet out.

It can never be fidson, fidson Q3 is out Tay Tay.

I can agree with oracle the stock is cutix as Pluto said Q3 is not yet out

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:14pm On Feb 18, 2018
currentprice:

Can never be Dodson then, fidson Q3 is out Tay Tay.

I can agree with oracle the stock is cutix

Looks like Pluto used the Q3 isn't out yet to throw people off track, if he doesn't want people to know the stock, why give an obvious hint like Q3 hasn't been released grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 10:15pm On Feb 18, 2018
rationalmind:

Looks like Pluto used the Q3 isn't out yet to throw people off track, if he doesn't want people to know the stock, why give an obvious hint like Q3 hasn't been released grin

grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (3164) (3165) (3166) (3167) (3168) (3169) (3170) ... (7818) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: abimcdssi and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.