Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,279 members, 7,867,742 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:05 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3374) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11098112 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3371) (3372) (3373) (3374) (3375) (3376) (3377) ... (7826) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 4:26pm On Mar 31, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

I think Edo state government should be held responsible for the quagmire, the site belongs to BUA.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 4:28pm On Mar 31, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

I think Edo state government should be held responsible for the quagmire, the site belongs to BUA.
Correct. The site really belongs to BUA. On the first occasion of harassment of BUA workers, thugs came from Kogi all of a sudden and attacked with guns and matchet. The Edo State Government is not dealing with the matter decisively because it is wooing Dangote to invest in some other industries which raw materials abound in the state in addition to the recently commissioned fertilizer plant in Auchi.
Talk of Nigeria politics.
On his part, Dangote is being driven by the allure that Edo State limestone deposits are of highest quality coupled with the strategic location of Edo North in terms of centrality to most parts of the North and South.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 4:29pm On Mar 31, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by valentinenwoko: 4:48pm On Mar 31, 2018
CI LEASING is a disappointment, no Dividend, promise of interim dividend, no nil Dividend for financial year ended, no news on share reconstruction.
At least Npfmcrbank tried.
Fidelity bank details uncertainty
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ekesoft(m): 5:00pm On Mar 31, 2018
onegentleguy:

Since the path about estimated net worth and estimated annual income are not marked with asterisk (ie the red symbol), it would be best u leave them blank.
...it simply means its not compulsory for u to fill those areas.
Just fill out the areas that are marked with asterisk and those u might likely have the need for.

Good luck to u my dear !!
thanks man
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:18pm On Mar 31, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

Yes N180 million, the winner is an Ibo man he was at wedding of the man's daughter.

You can google Dangote cement rewards distributors..

A total of N2.4 billion was shared to distributors across the country at the event in Eko Hotel last year, the overall winner actually went home with N180 million and not N150 million as earlier stated.

The winner was a woman, okigba or something.

Dangote attended her daughter's wedding in Calabar, she was equally in attendance when Dangotes daughter married.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:49pm On Mar 31, 2018
rationalmind:

The winner was a woman, okigba or something.

Dangote attended her daughter's wedding in Calabar, she was equally in attendance when Dangotes daughter married.

Okay they have done this year's edition of the award, I was referring to 2017 award.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dwizeone: 6:48pm On Mar 31, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

You are an alarmist grin grin

why do you have to say such?

Errrm... But it’s true na grin... the stock is gradually coming home ...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 7:39pm On Mar 31, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

His best cement distributor in 2017 went home with a cash prize of N150 million.
[b]Lafarge needs to be innovative and generous, Dangote cement is the market leader at Ifo, Ewekoro, Ota, [/b]Sagamu these are towns that are about 10km from Lafarge plants. Dangote has taken the fight to the territory of Lafarge, some bricklayers now turn down jobs if the cement procured is not Dangote cement.

Thousands of investors have made money from NASCON, Dangote cement, Dangote sugar, and very soon from Dangote Flour

Alhaji should kuku buy Lafarge.... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:55pm On Mar 31, 2018
Coolcash1:

Alhaji should kuku buy Lafarge.... grin

If you see how shareholders yabbed the management of Lafarge during the last AGM, Dangote poached their workers and he is taking better care of them.

Former Lafarge distributors are converting to Dangote distributors and his incentives to his sales guys and distributors is top notch. I think Dangote cement will be number 1 for a long time in Nigeria.
Lafarge may have to take the market share war to another country, I laughed when someone talked about challenge from BUA .

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mftivi: 8:54pm On Mar 31, 2018
BullBearMkt:
IS THE MARKET (NSE) READY FOR "RESURRECTION"? grin grin grin

Looking at the NSE close last trading day, candlestick pattern shows an engulfing candle, which Technically indicate possibility of reversal from downtrend. But the engulfing candle appearance has no meaning if its occurrence is not at the demand level (Support) and also weak volume is not encouraging - Chart 1. Weekly candlestick shows indecision in the market, meaning possibility of downtrend continuation or a reversal to uptrend... - Chart 2

Before I can start picking stocks to buy, I need a close of NSE index above the dotted black line as shown in Chart 1, but preferably I need the market to fall further to the anticipated level (highlight). Then we can flow with the market if such engulfing candle/bullish pin-bar appears at the highlighted zone.

Wishing you all a Happy Easter.

PLAN YOUR TRADES AND TRADE YOUR PLANS
grin grin grin grin grin

just thought of trying my hands on trading stocks on NSE how can I do technical analysis on them and how do I get live tick by tick bids
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:57pm On Mar 31, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

Sell pressure is already weak

On some banking stocks, yes...

On others(they know themselves), no... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:58pm On Mar 31, 2018
BullBearMkt:

...@RabbiDoracle, I trade on the TA data I see. If the market goes against me, I am armed with my STOP LOSS.
grin grin grin grin grin

Ok sir. Una dey try sha.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 9:01pm On Mar 31, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

If you see how shareholders yabbed the management of Lafarge during the last AGM, Dangote poached their workers and he is taking better care of them.

Former Lafarge distributors are converting to Dangote distributors and his incentives to his sales guys and distributors is top notch. I think Dangote cement will be number 1 for a long time in Nigeria.
Lafarge may have to take the market share war to another country, I laughed when someone talked about challenge from BUA .

Lol, the politic and corruption in Lafarge (Elephant cement) is almost equal to what we have in the civil service.

Most distributors are leaving Lafarge because the directors and Management have cornered the business to themselves.
It's far easier to be a Dangote distributor than Lafarge.

Add to that is highly inefficient Management, you see them buying unnecessary tractors and equipment they don't need.

Just visiting the site you will see abandoned equipment and truck everywhere.

Those Directors and Management will never allow Dangote buy Lafarge, because they know he is going to sack all them.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 9:36pm On Mar 31, 2018
Deadlytruth:

Correct. The site really belongs to BUA. On the first occasion of harassment of BUA workers, thugs came from Kogi all of a sudden and attacked with guns and matchet. The Edo State Government is not dealing with the matter decisively because it is wooing Dangote to invest in some other industries which raw materials abound in the state in addition to the recently commissioned fertilizer plant in Auchi.
Talk of Nigeria politics.
On his part, Dangote is being driven by the allure that Edo State limestone deposits are of highest quality coupled with the strategic location of Edo North in terms of centrality to most parts of the North and South.

Edo state government cannot afford to go against 'Government Boy'

BUA has decided to be involved in sectors where Dangote use to have 'government' protection and government is not allowing a level playing field. The Edo saga is just ONE example of government not allowing free and fair competition.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 10:11pm On Mar 31, 2018
fxuser:
[s][/s]

FBN
- SP trading above FEB close

Holding well

FBN
- while most banks closed below their prev month (Feb) closing and even March opening .. FBN kept the bears in check.
- very good chart on all frames showing more support than most within d Bank index

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 10:20pm On Mar 31, 2018
Diamond , FCMB , Fidelity (DFF)
- from Feb pull back to March pull back ... all in d shadow of Jan i.e all trading above Jan opening but below jan closing
- 2 red months , is there going to be a third ?

Fidelity
- rejected its monthly low (N2.09) , but still closed below March opening & Feb closing
- no 2 pull backs are d same lolx

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 10:28pm On Mar 31, 2018
Support
- a failed support exposes one's entry and also puts d trader into a volatile dilemma, its all part of trading
- the trader is wondering whether to cut losses or average down .. or do nothing ! !
- ur best protection against unknowns lol is position sizing ..
- if ur position is too big , ur headache will be big
- if unsure , keep ur bet size small and ur headaches small too
- also hv patience

#RandomThots

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 10:29pm On Mar 31, 2018
fxuser:

Support
- a failed support exposes one's entry and also puts d trader into a volatile dilemma, its all part of trading
- the trader is wondering whether to cut losses or average down .. or do nothing ! !
- ur best protection against unknowns lol is position sizing ..
- if ur position is too big , ur headache will be big
- if unsure , keep ur bet size small and ur headaches small too
- also hv patience

#RandomThots

d best risk - reward entries are at the edge of failure where doubt resurfaces ..

#RandomThots #AprilPrep

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 10:36pm On Mar 31, 2018
Banking Index
- march remains d worst month in almost 2 years
- cud still pull back a lil more folks

#patience

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Justcul(m): 11:23pm On Mar 31, 2018
Please house, when is the close of register for Eterna oil?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:31am On Apr 01, 2018
emmanuelewumi:
Dangote Industries Limited is a conglomerate that invests in various sectors of the economy. There is no conglomerate that will do well in all markets it enters. You can ask UACN, John Holt Leventis, cfao etc.

Dangote Industries Limited was smart by spinning off the divisions into separate companies, listing some of the companies and opening up ownership.

A business leader or entrepreneur needs to choose his fight and plan when to fight back.

Dangote lost in the noodles market, fruit juice market and some other markets, but what is the percentage contribution of these markets to Dangote Industries Limited bottom line?

Thank u Pa Emma !!
Ur many post particularly the part in bold highlights the same point I've raised in my analysis all along.

Any shrewd businessman/entrepreneur would always be better off concentrating in their core area of strength. ...for as long as those core areas make for a better profitability and growth, then there's absolutely no point been in every business segment.
There is a reason why competent firms tend to be better managed once they can separate/divest from investments not aligned with their drive for profitability and growth.
A good example is DF.
...The noodles arm was clearly of a dwindling investment return.
...The folks from tiger brands got choked from trying to turn things around (I hope someone wouldn't say its because they didn't get some monopolistic backing from the govt then).
Alhaji returned, weighed the pros and cons, divested the dwindling noodles arm and is now turning things around. (...and am yet to see any govt backing that have led to it).

So whether there is a monopoly or not shouldn't be a yardstick for judging the performance of the man Dangote.
...for with DF and DS, the man has simply done the right things with the passing of time !!

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:34am On Apr 01, 2018
phemmie06:

Thanks boss

My Pleasure Sir !!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:47am On Apr 01, 2018
awesomeJ:

Well said sir.

No smart thinking investor should try being a jack of all markets. If you make an attempt at a market and things turn out different from your projections, smartness implies that you exit, and plough your resources to other areas of strength.

But I think the market is largely responsible for why the success of the cement business is more pronounced.

We assign a 23x P.E to it, while the Sugar does just 6.6x
If the cement were to do just 6.6x also, DANGCEM would only be about 7% of the index, and Alhaji's networth would be lower by more than $7bn, as a matter of fact he would lose his spot as Africa's richest.

So one factor which may have even been more pronounced than government coverage is investor's sentiments

Even in the debt market, he enjoys such likeness from lenders and investors that his finance cost are at c.MPR.

CCNN trades at 7.3PE and they likely don't get as much cheap credits too.

So there's a favourable bias from investors too.

Again,

Cost of sales are basically manpower costs and fuel costs for DANGCEM (limestone cost is just a small royalty), while for sugar the cost of imported raw sugar tightens the margin.

U are very correct my dear !!
On the part in bold, the reasons are not far fetched.
For with the man Dangote, sentiment usually drives quite high, sometimes even beyond acceptable limits.
...but thats because investors tend to have a strong affinity for anything behind his name.
...that strong affinity/liking is because they believe in him.
...and that belief is because he is usually ahead of the curve and often tends to deliver on good performance !!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:50am On Apr 01, 2018
awesomeJ:

sometimes, the difference between the ordinary and the extraordinary is the VISION.
Alhaji is relentless. That about him is enviable.

Once again u have spoken well my dear !!
...no further comment. wink cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 12:56am On Apr 01, 2018
50 girls on default this easter, chopping my diamond loot grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaKfUTWU0dw
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 1:07am On Apr 01, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

Sell pressure is already weak
emmanuelewumi:

I think so,

Very True !!
I recall saying it here that while we witnessed a pattern of lower highs during the pull back of the last few weeks, the next few weeks could usher in a pattern of higher lows..
...and so the wise investors should know what to do.

Btw, why do I get the feeling that this my oga at the top has gradually started bringing in his pillow case/mattress into the market. wink cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 1:47am On Apr 01, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 4:31am On Apr 01, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:55am On Apr 01, 2018
Happy Easter and happy new month to everyone..

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TLAX: 9:02am On Apr 01, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

You go wait make their results show first. grin

More people will jaaaaaaaaaaa.

I know this for sure.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3371) (3372) (3373) (3374) (3375) (3376) (3377) ... (7826) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: nnadengram(m), DrAwo(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.