Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,906 members, 7,817,682 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3472) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10885198 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3469) (3470) (3471) (3472) (3473) (3474) (3475) ... (7753) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 6:00pm On Apr 23, 2018
PharmAlfred:
Who has not gotten UBA dividend yet? My own never drop o.
Oga mi. I never get รณ. But I am not a shareholder of UBA. Please remember in your paradise when it eventually arrive
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Femiswagg(m): 6:08pm On Apr 23, 2018
ukay2:

Got the alert 30mins ago.......quite heavy and sweet.....

The dividend is HEAVY grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DonDraper: 6:27pm On Apr 23, 2018
Greetings fam, I plan to add wapco, intbrew, dangflour, afripud and mobil to my portfolio. The fundamentals of the first 3 are not encouraging. Sirs/Mas, what is your advice?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by swilo: 6:37pm On Apr 23, 2018
I am patiently trying not to be impatient.

I feel like loading Diamond bank but assumption is not a strategy undecided
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 6:44pm On Apr 23, 2018
swilo:

Result is tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 6:50pm On Apr 23, 2018
DonDraper:
Greetings fam, I plan to add wapco, intbrew, dangflour, afripud and mobil to my portfolio. The fundamentals of the first 3 are not encouraging. Sirs/Mas, what is your advice?

What is your investment strategy?
You seem to hv passed judgement already @the bolded?
Sure of your verdict?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DonDraper: 6:59pm On Apr 23, 2018
OakPearl:

What is your investment strategy?
You seem to hv passed judgement already @the bolded?
Sure of your verdict?

Long term investment. I made the remark after i attempted to value them using the current PE, PEG and EPS.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Thinkbigga: 7:06pm On Apr 23, 2018
Mpeace:
Result is tomorrow
So what should we expect? I have it in my portfolio
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 7:18pm On Apr 23, 2018
Thinkbigga:

So what should we expect? I have it in my portfolio
My brother I don't know oh. Ordinarily we should expect an excellent 2017 full year result due to sale of foreign assets, but that might not be the case. since this Dozie guy took over from oti, he has been pushing everything including dividends to provision/ impairment for bad loans. No body knows what he would do this time around. But I expect a fantastic q12018.
Fingers crossed
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 8:25pm On Apr 23, 2018
swilo:

'' . . I am patiently trying not to be impatient. ''

summary of my constant mode

#LovIt

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 8:30pm On Apr 23, 2018
Mpeace:
Result is tomorrow

Tomorrow never comes
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gamaliel9: 9:08pm On Apr 23, 2018
NB and UBA dividends landed today. I use Ecobank
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 11:12pm On Apr 23, 2018
maishai:
Transcorp has started this non controlling interest rubbish, What could be the reasoning behind this, As the business starts becoming profitable, non controlling interest rears their ugly heads....Who else should be the non controlling interests other than the ordinary shareholders

Non-Controlling Interest didn't just start actually. You should expect it from companies that enter into joint venture agreements with other investors.
For example, we both start a company called 'Maishai-Mission'. We engage in the business of selling Tea and bread. Along the line, you came up with the idea of diversifying into noodle making too. I didn't have the financial muscle to pitch in but you (and some of your contacts, probably joint owners in our company) contributed 70% while Maishai-Mission (as a business) provided the balance. Accounts of both businesses (tea and noodles) are consolidated under Maishai-Mission.
NCI will show up in the accounts of Maishai-Mission.
The more the noodle business grows the higher the NCI rises.
This wouldn't have happened if Maishai-Mission raised the entire funds for the new venture either by way of rights or Private placement.
Transcorp, Oando, FO etc ventured into businesses that the parent companies couldn't singlehandedly raise capital for. An investment vehicle was created for such ventures. Other players came in.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 11:17pm On Apr 23, 2018
PETERiCHY:

Like I always say the smart ones are busy leveraging on opportunities to make money while our online Sabinus keep arguing if it's a healthy company or not.

First and foremost ask yourself if the country you live and invested in is a healthy place.

Attention!!!!
TRANSCORP boarding gate is closed. fasten your seatbelt.
Our first stop over is 50% upside. smiley

*ThE OcToPuS*

We are now cruising at high altitude of above $75 per barrel.

Remember 2018 is the GAME. smiley

*ThE OcToPuS*

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Teeonly: 11:37pm On Apr 23, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 12:51am On Apr 24, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 12:52am On Apr 24, 2018
PETERiCHY:

Remember 2018 is the GAME. smiley

*ThE OcToPuS*

oya e fun won legbegbe
cool

#oil #Naira

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 1:52am On Apr 24, 2018

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 5:08am On Apr 24, 2018

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RealityShot: 5:47am On Apr 24, 2018
wanaj0:

ALL vessels are important. It is all about utilisation rates and how they are deployed. There are TWO rigs permanently parked at Marina for over 4 years doing NOTHING. That's bad investment. OandO also has rigs that are not doing any work.

You do need tug boats for your offtake operations. If there are of the correct bollard pull then you are in business. I actually think that Japaul Tugs are on spot hire which is why the utilisation rate is poor.

Not many companies worldwide own oil trading tankers. That's the forte of companies like MISC smiley
wey done Sir!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 5:48am On Apr 24, 2018
wanaj0:

We don't need them.
grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 6:38am On Apr 24, 2018
mendes911:
Livestock Q1 2018!

http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/21880_LIVESTOCK_FEEDS_PLC._FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_APRIL_2018.pdf

The loss continues. Am waiting for the english Ihedi will speak on this one.
grin You people keep looking for erros from some one why others are making more money if you don't have capital go and work for it now 2019/2020 i will make people rich by his GRACE . Brother livestock is good to have now .

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nio68(m): 7:41am On Apr 24, 2018
ihedioramma:
grin You people keep looking for erros from some one, brother livestock is good to have now .

Pa Ihedi you still retain your buy position despite that result?? Na rock your followers go throw when their eye open
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 8:00am On Apr 24, 2018
nio68:

Pa Ihedi you still retain your buy position despite that result?? Na rock your followers go throw when their eye open
The rock of OANDO ?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 8:11am On Apr 24, 2018
PETERiCHY:
Remember 2018 is the GAME. smiley*ThE OcToPuS*
Hoping for a good time cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:20am On Apr 24, 2018
Manonamission:

Non-Controlling Interest didn't just start actually. You should expect it from companies that enter into joint venture agreements with other investors.
For example, we both start a company called 'Maishai-Mission'. We engage in the business of selling Tea and bread. Along the line, you came up with the idea of diversifying into noodle making too. I didn't have the financial muscle to pitch in but you (and some of your contacts, probably joint owners in our company) contributed 70% while Maishai-Mission (as a business) provided the balance. Accounts of both businesses (tea and noodles) are consolidated under Maishai-Mission.
NCI will show up in the accounts of Maishai-Mission.
The more the noodle business grows the higher the NCI rises.
This wouldn't have happened if Maishai-Mission raised the entire funds for the new venture either by way of rights or Private placement.
Transcorp, Oando, FO etc ventured into businesses that the parent companies couldn't singlehandedly raise capital for. An investment vehicle was created for such ventures. Other players came in.

Agreed!
So what percentage will the joint venture be split? Won't it be stated?

Then read the notes to the financials and you will see the percentage for FO. You will see that the NCI has a stake in the power generation and distribution which is not up to 50% (47% and 43%). However, the percentage of the NCI to the PAT is more than 50%.

Anyway na night school I go, so I may be wrong.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:27am On Apr 24, 2018
fxuser:

+500% jump !

#issorai

Retained earnings had been in loss position for years.

Nonsense insurance.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 8:45am On Apr 24, 2018
stockish:
grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin smiley smiley smiley hoooooowwwww! Them no go kill me ooo grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Brief summary lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gloriousdawn: 9:13am On Apr 24, 2018
robobo:

Dont shout hurray yet
wait until the results are audited (particular year end audit).
impairment are like bitter pills, u typically dont want to take it except if forced by an external stimuli (auditors / regulators)
so be cautious on the "promising outlook"

All banks are expected to make provision for NPL according to the guidlines, it is not a question of whether they like it or being forced.
What happened in some cases is, a bank may be compelled to take additional provision if the auditors / regulators have a different perception about a Loan / Receivable.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3469) (3470) (3471) (3472) (3473) (3474) (3475) ... (7753) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 222Martins(m), bubykay01, phemmie06(m), Raider76, daniska3yaro(m), STOjo, xyrexzmanto and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.