Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3502) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10832493 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3499) (3500) (3501) (3502) (3503) (3504) (3505) ... (7732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 2:02pm On May 01, 2018
mendes911:

You go just dey find wahala upanddown.....

only if that can bring pple out. too quiet ni

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 2:29pm On May 01, 2018
mendes911:

You go just dey find wahala upanddown.....

Meanwhile on that bolded, are you saying Japaul will retire Loco?

More like he will fire his employer grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 2:33pm On May 01, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

More like he will fire his employer grin
Nice reply. Best of the week. I love it when pple are positive minded.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 2:51pm On May 01, 2018
My Stock picks for an expected month of May/JUNE rally;

-JULIUS BERGER
- CAVERTON
-C&I LEASING
-AIICO INSURANCE
-FLOUR MILLS
-DANGOTE FLOUR
-DANGOTE SUGAR
-HONEYWELL FLOUR
-WEMA BANK
-FIDELITY
-FCMB
-ZENITH
-UBA
-DIAMOND BANK
-UPL
-11 PLC (...MOBIL)
-CONOIL and
-MAY & BAKER

I believe that out of these 18 coys, 80% can give a 40-50% ROI, while nearly 40% of them should give a 75-90% average ROI.
Note however that this is purely based on their results, sentiment, effects from present underlying economic factors, and for a few, an expected input from some insider play (...the REVELATIONS).
My verdict: Just follow ur instinct.

DISCLAIMER: This still shouldn't be perceived as any kind of recommendation. ...DD still advised as always pls.

I wish us all a happy and fruitful month ahead.
...may it all be GREEN accross our various investments !!

Cheers.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 01, 2018
currentprice:

only if that can bring pple out. too quiet ni
grin
What do you have to say about UPL latest result? I am yet to understand it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by swilo: 3:12pm On May 01, 2018
and the last but not the least is DIAMOND BANK.

He who laughs last should laugh best o.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 3:21pm On May 01, 2018
swilo:
and the last but not the least is DIAMOND BANK.

He who laughs last should laugh best o.
My brother. My BP medicine go finish today. If them no do well eh...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 3:26pm On May 01, 2018
locodemy:

What do you have to say about UPL latest result?
I am yet to understand it.

For NSE to withdraw the result from their site, there might be a correction to it. We can still download because we got the hyperlink before they took it down.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 3:28pm On May 01, 2018
My people when is the master gold digger releasing con oil result??
Conoil gave reasons for late submission of 6 months unaudited result. The excuse was changes in software
In October 3 major board members were changed, due to resignation of the MD, and two other members, I believe it is the excuse that baba Ìjẹ̀bú will give.
If all companies behave the way conoil behaved will the capital market exist. Wetin I de talk self Diamond bank we get regulators never submit result.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 3:39pm On May 01, 2018
Mpeace:
Boss never too worry about it in as much as their is a twinkle little star in the sky at night, you can be rest assured that the result will surely be out one day.
But you will need to get more BP drugs from Fidson or May&baker before the result will be out.
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RealityShot: 4:20pm On May 01, 2018
mendes911:

Sir, you should be able to "sight" a humour!
shocked grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 01, 2018
Mcy56:

Thanks. Trader here. tongue
i salute your courage.i lady with the cash.what can i say?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 4:48pm On May 01, 2018
DOLLARTEX:

Insurance babe
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chocho1: 4:50pm On May 01, 2018
onegentleguy:

-JULIUS BERGER
- CAVERTON
-C&I LEASING
-AIICO INSURANCE
-FLOUR MILLS
-DANGOTE FLOUR
-DANGOTE SUGAR
-HONEYWELL FLOUR
-WEMA BANK
-FIDELITY
-FCMB
-ZENITH
-UBA
-DIAMOND BANK
-UPL
-11 PLC (...MOBIL)
-CONOIL and
-MAY & BAKER

I believe that out of these 18 coys, 80% can give a 40-50% ROI, while nearly 40% of them should give a 75-90% average ROI.
Note however that this is purely based on their results, sentiment, effects from present underlying economic factors, and for a few, an expected input from some insider play (...the REVELATIONS).

DISCLAIMER: This still shouldn't be perceived as any kind of recommendation. ...DD still advised as always pls.

Cheers.

Tell us more about the bolded...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 5:09pm On May 01, 2018
onegentleguy:

-JULIUS BERGER
- CAVERTON
-C&I LEASING
-AIICO INSURANCE
-FLOUR MILLS
-DANGOTE FLOUR
-DANGOTE SUGAR
-HONEYWELL FLOUR
-WEMA BANK
-FIDELITY
-FCMB
-ZENITH
-UBA
-DIAMOND BANK
-UPL
-11 PLC (...MOBIL)
-CONOIL and
-MAY & BAKER

Cheers.
The bolded might return above %100 gain before March next year. It might move above #60 before this time next year.
The only barrier should be election fear, and the same election will also give them advantage to move forward, because more contract will be awarded for the purpose of election campaign, by both Federal and state government.
For instance, you will be hearing news of contract to Julius Berger, like;
http://www.businessdayonline.com/fg-award-n6b-contract-un-building-infrastructure/

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/09/fg-awards-n120-6bn-bonny-bodo-road-julius-berger/

Election will not come with much fear this time, because it will be between Northern candidate from APC and PDP.

Eterna oil should also joined the above list.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Onuokwu: 5:27pm On May 01, 2018
babagboin:

i just did this with datamax. You need to go to your stockbrokers and request for a purchase transfer form. You will fill the form and sign, then your stockbrokers will countersign the form and send it to CSCS. Once your stockbrokers have an acknowledged receipt copy from cscs they will give this to you and you can then take it to the registrars.

As I said I just completed this same process with my registrars. It's really not complicated at all. Just get in touch with the stockbrokers that sold the shares to you. First Registrar and Afriprud probably already have your signature on file hence they didn't require a verification. Good luck!

Its actually uncomplicated like you said. Once you sign and submit to the stockbrokers through whom you bought the shares, they will do the rest. In that form you would have noted the name of the registrars concerned and once your stockbrokers process it in CSCS they will send to the registrars. Check again with the registrars about 10 days after submitting to your stockbrokers.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Onuokwu: 5:28pm On May 01, 2018
DaV8King:
This Daar Communications result sha

EPS improved 200% from (9) to (3) angry
Revenue growth of 1% from 904,610 to 913,428
Gross Profit up 230%, from (681,850) to (206,000) grin grin
Taxation up 109% from 10,125 to 23,601 tongue

Once you see previously recalcitrant companies start complying with NSE rules, its time to shine your eyes.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by hyness: 5:46pm On May 01, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Onuokwu: 5:51pm On May 01, 2018
onegentleguy:
FIDELITY BANK just released one of its best annual report in recent times, showing a spike accross key revenue lines with a better than average positive metrics.

Here's a few highlight:
Positives;
- An astronomical approx 94% jump in PAT YoY.
- An over 18% increase in gross earnings plus a slight increase in interest income which was just enough to make up for that on the expense line.
- A very healthy cash position over the course of the year. (...approx 64% increment YoY)
- An improvement in loans & advances (...this is crucial to help curtail the strain from their core interest income line going forward).
- An improvement in debt servicing.
- A leap in EPS and ROAE with EPS advancing by a whopping approx 91%.

Negatives;
- A drop in retained earnings (...and by extension, a drop in dividend payout).
- A drop in deposit mobilisation putting further pressure on their economy of scale with a strain from core line of income.

However, for the clear reason that the merits far outweigh the adjustment for any downside risk from the negatives, I have just adopted this coy as one of my 'concubine'. ...for with this result, 'she has become sexy enough to us'. ...and as her name (fidelity) suggest, we do not think she would 'cheat' on us. ...especially in the short to mid term time frame.

Going by FIDELITYs YE 2017 result, my Fair Value is N5.20k. ...which presents a very juicy discount of 103% from Friday's closing price of N2.55k.

NOTE: This analysis is strictly result driven and not any sort of recommendation. ...DD still advised as always pls.

...my 2 cent.

Quite a few folks on here have commented about the Fidelity result. My observations as per yours cos it is the most detailed are as follows. Let me point out that this is not a critique of your opinion but riding on points you made

-Increase in Gross Earnings: Positive so no issues
-Increase in PAT: Suspect because retained earnings dropped if you look at the balance sheet. For banks retained earnings will drop in a profitable year when they are compelled to write off impaired loans not recognized as such in previous years. This charge is however direct to retained earnings and does not pass through the P/L. In my opinion, it raises questions about the integrity of their P/L seeing that the charge for 2017 and Q1 2018 does not reflect what i believe should be their range of impaired assets.
-Healthy cash position: Okay but why reduce dividend in a year where you made record profits and have good cash balance. At the least they should have matched 14k DPS of 2016 instead of dropping this by 21%. If they are retaining profits where really are they planning to invest this? Loan expansion? Dont think so. Pool money to service FX debts in exchange rate volatile environment? Maybe.
-Improvement in Loans and Advance: Good but note near linear relationship between loan growth and growth in bad loan porfolio.
-Drop in retained earnings have been explained before. It really should have no direct bearing on payment of dividend if a company is profitable. You will notice a marked departure from their dividend policy. They had stated in previous conference calls, and have practiced a dividend payout ratio of 30-50% of EPS. This year its less than 17%.

Something is not quite right and i think i have a fair guess of what it is all about. On the surface and looking on paper, this result seems good but i will watch this company more closely and listen in on the conference call.

The fair value? I prefer to guess that the market will not value this up to N3 in the next few months save a general bull like we saw earlier in the year. On the contrary, i suspect the price may loose ground marginally.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Onuokwu: 5:52pm On May 01, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

One should tread with caution and see what trick they are about to play.

The Dividends isn't ok vis à vis the EPS.

Long thing....MM won't help them here.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Onuokwu: 5:54pm On May 01, 2018
Mpeace:

Lol....get new supplies o. The signs are ominous.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RealityShot: 6:57pm On May 01, 2018
Chibuking81:

The bolded might return above %100 gain before March next year. It might move above #60 before this time next year.
The only barrier should be election fear, and the same election will also give them advantage to move forward, because more contract will be awarded for the purpose of election campaign, by both Federal and state government.
For instance, you will be hearing news of contract to Julius Berger, like;
http://www.businessdayonline.com/fg-award-n6b-contract-un-building-infrastructure/

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/09/fg-awards-n120-6bn-bonny-bodo-road-julius-berger/

Election will not come with much fear this time, because it will be between Northern candidate from APC and PDP.

Eterna oil should also joined the above list.
you are aware PDP zoned presidential candidate to the North right?

So it's Northern candidate from APC versus Northern candidate from PDP.

remember also that the north claims they own/created PDP

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Oloro29(m): 8:08pm On May 01, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Oloro29(m): 8:08pm On May 01, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 8:53pm On May 01, 2018
Oloro29:
CBN ABUJA headquarter is on fire!!!
https://www.nairaland.com/4482253/cbn-headquarters-abuja-currently-fire

Could that be Diamond FY17 result on fire? Na so the result hot reach.....

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 9:38pm On May 01, 2018
onegentleguy:

-JULIUS BERGER
- CAVERTON
-C&I LEASING
-AIICO INSURANCE
-FLOUR MILLS
-DANGOTE FLOUR
-DANGOTE SUGAR
-HONEYWELL FLOUR
-WEMA BANK
-FIDELITY
-FCMB
-ZENITH
-UBA
-DIAMOND BANK
-UPL
-11 PLC (...MOBIL)
-CONOIL and
-MAY & BAKER

Cheers.

Pally, why you forget or miss out the stock that is bound to deliver more than 100%

Why now. The transcorpians are not happy ooo grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:06pm On May 01, 2018
DOLLARTEX:
Lol. Are you minding me? Just amusing myself ni jare. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:10pm On May 01, 2018
sellydion:

Pally, why you forget or miss out the stock that is bound to deliver more than 100%
Why now. The transcorpians are not happy ooo grin grin grin grin grin
LOL. The skyers dont like that either. lipsrsealed What happened to caverton to the sky? cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 11:15pm On May 01, 2018
mendes911:

Could that be Diamond FY17 result on fire? Na so the result hot reach.....
Oloro29:
CBN ABUJA headquarter is on fire!!!
https://www.nairaland.com/4482253/cbn-headquarters-abuja-currently-fire
Our result is intact, no fire, just a false alarm.
Emefiele wants to buy some units of diamond before releasing the result.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by samzepaparazi: 11:44pm On May 01, 2018
onegentleguy:

-JULIUS BERGER
- CAVERTON
-C&I LEASING
-AIICO INSURANCE
-FLOUR MILLS
-DANGOTE FLOUR
-DANGOTE SUGAR
-HONEYWELL FLOUR
-WEMA BANK
-FIDELITY
-FCMB
-ZENITH
-UBA
-DIAMOND BANK
-UPL
-11 PLC (...MOBIL)
-CONOIL and
-MAY & BAKER

This is practically all the busy stocks in the market nah.

What of transcorp
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bala221: 12:55am On May 02, 2018
Hello house gurus, Please any pointers for/Against FIDSON?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by adigunbizz: 2:09am On May 02, 2018
Which stock should I buy? Qh3Wrs20yoEb aderiyike1960 YC40yIL21SEM bayokolapo AKQjI58rwlSg wesan123 Kwuysn57RrcI emma2002 a5lNGZ3fKZK0 oluwadetan2003 E3aOV9pjX5Wm morayo1991 zAe1Tn5DtPtA potency Mix42gpp35N5 fyneboi s1SyJWMARDG4 samueline LPTQEgPHV3Ix ipinuoluwa1955 kbsK98KuZGrO tats kPdjGqTgJFSC yawatide NZfAt0Lh40EB oyeji PDwnAmvuHHDL chairman DGp5ryx7qeH9 adaoma1992 FzU1qHb2cd9l harvey C6yk5kXj23uG adetoyese1997 iBc4sOPXSJh3 chrisniger 7swGWKcvI57D morenikeji1996 dfreeradsf llakes4real

(1) (2) (3) ... (3499) (3500) (3501) (3502) (3503) (3504) (3505) ... (7732) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: NewBola and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.