Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,941 members, 7,863,319 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:16 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3622) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11080247 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3619) (3620) (3621) (3622) (3623) (3624) (3625) ... (7818) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 9:15pm On May 30, 2018
mendes911:

Trying not to enjoy all the flesh off a well seasoned fish will save you the headache of swallowing those tiny pin bones.

If e hook for your throat, you go vomit join all the flesh already consumed trying to get that pin bone out!

You never jam some teeth; ask Ronaldinho

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IchimokuPilot: 9:16pm On May 30, 2018
rationalmind:

Chairman, your own skill na 100% grin

There was a time I noticed DS was always trading around 21 when the market opens and touches 22 levels before close of trade at least three times in a week.

I started thinking of buying and selling everyday at 2% gain excluding charges. If I can get it right 5 times, and in less than two weeks, I would have hit my 10% target. grin

It was the mental and physical stress that put me off.

Let me help you.
Make a research on Jaiz bank's price movement.... grin
A 'useless' stock that is feeding families silently... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:16pm On May 30, 2018
IchimokuPilot:

I can infer something about RabbiDoracle, he reads his blood pressure, that adrenalin rush.
If you master your own body system, trading will be fun.
Moments of great pleasure are often the deadliest.
Once he starts feeling so impressed with his portfolio, he Jaaaaaaaassss... grin
I have personally noticed that the day I feel so good about my portfolio, the next day it starts wobbling.
I do keep hope alive until I am sent back to nursery 1
.... grin

grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:29pm On May 30, 2018
IchimokuPilot:

Let me help you.
Make a research on Jaiz bank's price movement.... grin
A 'useless' stock that is feeding families silently... grin

I remember monitoring this one like my life depended on it. Thought I had gotten the price movement and made up my mind to buy. Decided to monitor it for an additional day only to see it journey towards the South pole below what would have been my entry price. I con tear race and never looked back grin

Will definitely check it out again smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by musty00: 9:33pm On May 30, 2018
grin

mendes911:

Trying not to enjoy all the flesh off a well seasoned fish will save you the headache of swallowing those tiny pin bones.

If e hook for your throat, you go vomit join all the flesh already consumed trying to get that pin bone out!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by musty00: 10:55pm On May 30, 2018
Here's how some selected stocks were battered in 2014 before election. The highs and lows are closing prices. Most of the lows here were attained in December 2014.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Buffalowings3(m): 11:24pm On May 30, 2018
Seeing as the SEC continues to tumble, does this have an efffect on Mutual Funds?
Does it on Fixed Income Fund too sad sad?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 11:37pm On May 30, 2018
musty00:
Here's how some selected stocks were battered in 2014 before election. The highs and lows are closing prices. Most of the lows here were attained in December 2014.

Thank you sir. Only 3-4 stocks are targeted. Agba and Oracle will only look for the one that will give them 400-500% profit grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Calebbold: 2:41am On May 31, 2018
musty00:

In 2014, the depreciation in share price started during the 4th quarter.

We are still in the second quarter and I believe we can still make some money between now and august from fundamentally sound stocks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 4:08am On May 31, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 4:34am On May 31, 2018
house, please will I still fill e- dividend stocks bought newly as I have opened another accounts with Morgan capital. if I buy the same stock previously sold with previous broker and buy same with Morgan capital
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 6:39am On May 31, 2018
musty00:

We have had election for about five times since the advent of this new democracy.
I think it will be better if you can help us post how the NSE behave in those other years preceding elections I.e 1998,2002,2006,&2010 so that we can make an educative and informed judgement.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 6:45am On May 31, 2018
pluto09:

We have had election for about five times since the advent of this new democracy.
I think it will be better if you can help us post how the NSE behave in those other years preceding elections I.e 1998,2002,2006,&2010 so that we can make an educative and informed judgement.

In 2014, oil price crash started. The whole world knew Nigeria will be in crisis election or no election.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 7:52am On May 31, 2018
chai! you pple want to leave me behind, no way. I will go and attack ZENITH that yet to turn green yesterday

grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 9:28am On May 31, 2018
Banking Index
https://invst.ly/7lqo7

#caveatEmptor
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by musty00: 9:50am On May 31, 2018
musty00:

Actually, there are two main reasons why I shared this information:

1. There were a couple of low points in 2014 when people thought the bears were done, particularly in October, people rushed in, there was a fake mini bull, only for the heavy down trend to continue. The final lows showed up in December, quite close to the elections. It's better to target entry towards this period. There's need to continue monitoring the trend though as different news unfold.

2. Note that heavy weights like Dangcem, Guaranty, Zenith, etc lost close to 40%. Just to point out that we have not seen any bears yet. It will probably start from August.

The only catalyst left this year is Q2 results. After that, we should expect bears/sideways. JIJO opportunities will be showing here and there. But if you have hip pain like Oracle and you cannot struggle at the exit door, it's better to stay clear. Everyone with his own strategy though.

Irrespective of what happens, I am not selling any of my stocks at a loss. I am ready to wait it out (Na my own strategy o).

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by musty00: 9:56am On May 31, 2018
Calebbold:

In 2014, the depreciation in share price started during the 4th quarter.

We are still in the second quarter and I believe we can still make some money between now and august from fundamentally sound stocks.

Yes, we still have till July to make some money. I wish all my holdings will be in positive by that time, so that I can exit and be a spectator for a while.

Even between July and December, JIJO gurus will still make money, but I don't have the strength smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by musty00: 10:04am On May 31, 2018
pluto09:

Unfortunately, I don't have the data for these periods.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 10:13am On May 31, 2018
musty00:
Good work for dishing out this information. But this your lows is scary o grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 10:14am On May 31, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 10:32am On May 31, 2018
Mm never wake from sleep.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 10:38am On May 31, 2018
The only stock on full bid so far is loco's japaul
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:45am On May 31, 2018
Mpeace:

point of correction............na EX
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 10:48am On May 31, 2018
locodemy:

point of correction............na EX
Lol. U cannot divorce without returning the bride price na. #sharemoneyforus
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 10:52am On May 31, 2018
My WEMA is on BID too. No seller. But I have been woundjured
Mpeace:
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Heledy(m): 10:53am On May 31, 2018
onegentleguy:

So sorry my dear !! ...I can imagine how uncomfortable u would be.
I recall there were a few analysis here following that very poor result from DIAMOND. ...including the extensive ones I made urging folks to SELL.
U should've sold the moment they released their YE result. ...waiting for their Q1 2018 when YE 2017 was already clearly showing some inherent red flag was one costly mistake u made. ...sure that was also the mistake a few others made as well.
@ N3.18 ur already down by approx 59% from today's closing price. ...now that's way too much to want to take any action.
Because even if u sold now with the hope of later buying lower to acquire more volume, it would make for a very minimal impact given ur current loss position.

My simple advise;
HOLD !!
Try to relax and control ur emotions. ...I know it can be difficult, but u can indulge in any off-market activity to keep ur soul busy.

If u have more fund, look out for the stong fundamentally sound coys particularly;
▪ Those whose current price presents a DY of more than 10-15%.
▪ Those whose most recent result (mainly Q1) presents an intrinsic value with a huge margin of safety when compared to their current price.
▪ Those whose management have a strong pedigree, proven track record and strong corporate governance structure.

Because coys that fall into these category will usually be the 1st to rally fast once theres a market turnaround.
...hopefully u'll recover some of ur losses.
I wish u well in ur endeavour.

Good luck to u dear !!

Thanks so much for your candid and professional advise.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by musty00: 10:54am On May 31, 2018
Today's market is key. Let's see how it closes.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by hyness: 11:02am On May 31, 2018
dipoolowoo:
May & Baker to Sell Asset in Lagos to Raise Capital
https://www.businesspost.ng/2018/05/30/may-baker-to-sell-asset-in-lagos-to-raise-capital/

Am not understanding! But why pay dividend when they desperately need fund.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Heledy(m): 11:03am On May 31, 2018
someone should give an idea on better stocks to purchase before the week ends and that can give 10-15% profit

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by swilo: 11:03am On May 31, 2018
mendes911:

See as Chibuking just keep quiet since 11am. This market has a way of humbling people shaaa.

I hope he does not buy in this "bearish market"
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:04am On May 31, 2018
How market my people?
I was aboard caverton airline because promo is ongoing, though i double checked to see that the aircraft was fit to fly on skye and that it was well insured by aiico and linkage, just hope Im safe. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3619) (3620) (3621) (3622) (3623) (3624) (3625) ... (7818) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: iyb(m) and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.