Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,322 members, 7,853,486 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 05:34 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3912) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11042865 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3909) (3910) (3911) (3912) (3913) (3914) (3915) ... (7807) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 3:16pm On Sep 11, 2018
musty00:

In times like this, it's better to set some criteria that will serve as a guideline or your entry trigger, for different stocks you intend to buy.

For example, I intend to buy my first batch of Zenith when it gives me 15% dividend yield, which is around 18 naira. This is a good safety margin for me. And I'll continue to average down at intervals if the fall continues.

However, I use other gauges which may actually make me enter at plus or minus 18, such as trading momentum, day of the week, etc. For instance, if Zenith gets to 18 on Thursday, I may not buy, because Friday is often more bearish (especially during bear period) and I may have a chance to get it for 17.50 or less on Friday smiley.

Just sharing....not a recommendation.

nice share
where is ur stop loss ? or u dont need one ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 3:18pm On Sep 11, 2018
arduino:

Hmmm......My mum and elder sister also bought @N33 so you are not alone grin grin. I advised them to sell their holdings when FBNH sold@ about N15.00 but they refused insisting that they must sell above their entry prices.

'' they refused insisting that they must sell above their entry prices. ''

this thinking ehn ..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 3:20pm On Sep 11, 2018
fxuser:

nice share

50% grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 3:21pm On Sep 11, 2018
Both Zenith and Guaranty dividend may actually decrease next year

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by musty00: 3:22pm On Sep 11, 2018
fxuser:

nice share

I don't use it o grin

I just hold until I'm in profit. I continue to chop dividends.

That's why I need the dividend yield to be quite reasonable grin. It's a backup. So no panic.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 3:23pm On Sep 11, 2018
musty00:

I don't use it o grin

I just hold until I'm in profit. I continue to chop dividends.

That's why I need the dividend yield to be quite reasonable grin. It's a backup. So no panic.

ok
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:25pm On Sep 11, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

I bought that one too with UBA shareplus loan (God punish that Tony Lol)

A toad does not run in the daytime for nothing.
NSE woundjurment has made you wiser than your forefathers..
Now I see why e no dey hard you run when a stock begin do anyhow catwalk.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:28pm On Sep 11, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

Who will pay you 2.50 for a 19 or 13 naira stock.

Ole grin

Those of you waiting for 15-20% dividend you’ll wait tire

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by musty00: 3:28pm On Sep 11, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

50% grin

Lol grin.....so you're expecting Zenith below 10 naira shocked
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 3:30pm On Sep 11, 2018
Yayira:

A toad does not run in the daytime for nothing.
NSE woundjurment has made you wiser than your forefathers..
Now I see why e no dey hard you run when a stock begin do anyhow catwalk.

Na me you dey call toad? Ipade dile
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:35pm On Sep 11, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

Na me you dey call toad? Ipade dile

grin grin grin

What’s ipade dile?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 3:35pm On Sep 11, 2018
Yayira:

Ole grin

a further 10% loss from today will take u to 15% anticipated dividend yield on cost
so what are you saying?
This is achievable this week sef
My own junction na 20% dividend yield on cost
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 3:36pm On Sep 11, 2018
Yayira:

grin grin grin

What’s ipade dile?

Google it
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by anjilgreat(f): 3:37pm On Sep 11, 2018
arduino:

Hmmm......My mum and elder sister also bought @N33 so you are not alone grin grin. I advised them to sell their holdings when FBNH sold@ about N15.00 but they refused insisting that they must sell above their entry prices.

I never knew that it rose to that amount, I would have sold mine. My major concern is to sort out my over 6000 unit shares with the defunct Intercontinental bank.

The way the stock market is going is becoming disheartening, I don't know if I should sell my access bank shares that I bought at #14.90/share in thousands of units as at 2007. I have even lost hope in Transcorp, bought at #7.50 per share in 2007 also.

I am already making moves to sell my Zenith bank shares bought at #16.90k in 2006 because of the current situation of the NSE. I never knew it went as high as #28.00 per share recently as I read here.

I have been advised to exercise a little Patience with the access bank before selling. What do you think will be the best option for me?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 11, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

a further 10% loss from today will take u to 15% anticipated dividend yield on cost
so what are you saying?

Kilon je anticipated?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by musty00: 3:40pm On Sep 11, 2018
Yayira:

Ole grin

For Zenith, 15% is achievable this week.

If their Q3's suggest that they can still pay what they paid FY2017, many will continue to use the 2017 dividend yield for analysis, with the assumption that they will pay at least same, irrespective of their share prices, and not everybody will wait for the dividend, it's just a gauge for attractive entry price.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 3:43pm On Sep 11, 2018
anjilgreat:

I never knew that it rose to that amount, I would have sold mine. My major concern is to sort out my over 6000 unit shares with the defunct Intercontinental bank.

The way the stock market is going is becoming disheartening, I don't know if I should sell my access bank shares that I bought at #14.90/share in thousands of units as at 2007. I have even lost hope in Transcorp, bought at #7.50 per share in 2007 also.

I am already making moves to sell my Zenith bank shares bought at #16.90k in 2006 because of the current situation of the NSE. I never knew it went as high as #28.00 per share recently as I read here.

I have been advised to exercise a little Patience with the access bank before selling. What do you think will be the best option for me?

You have received the necessary baptism to enable you succeed here henceforth
I would say wait it out; there should be another heavy bull within the next 2 years
However, stop being a nonchallant investor
Monitor your investment, or better still join us here in recovering what NSE has taken from us and profit even in many more fold

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 11, 2018
musty00:

For Zenith, 15% is achievable this week.

If their Q3's suggest that they can still pay what they paid FY2017, many will continue to use the 2017 dividend yield for analysis, irrespective of the share prices, and not everybody will wait for the dividend, it's just a gauge for attractive entry price.

“Not everyone will wait for the dividend”
Lol people wey don wise plenty..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by arduino: 3:48pm On Sep 11, 2018
anjilgreat:

At the bolded, where have you been For your Access Bank, I will advise same....Exercise patience and hold on. If you also have small free Funds you can also consider averaging down on Access.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 3:52pm On Sep 11, 2018
PETERiCHY:
London bridge is falling DOWN. Our LONG TERM investors rightnow grin grin grin
undecided grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 3:53pm On Sep 11, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

Topline and/or bottomline already flat for all banks (half year result) bar stanbic
and after the previous few years growth, the only place it cld go is downside
but i think the decline would not be steep as the income drivers are intact just the firing power is declining for some of them (TB&FX), hence we mayb seeing something in the region of 10-15% decline in bottomline, which for me is not alarming and also may not trickle down to dividend payment (which is the koko). i wld rather say the dividend growth of previous few years wld definitely stop
so the next logical question would be what other sector / asset class cld offer same dividend %
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by musty00: 4:22pm On Sep 11, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

so what are you saying?

Chai shocked

I wish I had the courage to wait till then to buy my first tranch. That's like 13 naira

By then, I'll be buying my third tranch cry
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 4:22pm On Sep 11, 2018
arduino:

At the bolded, where have you been For your Access Bank, I will advise same....Exercise patience and hold on. If you also have small free Funds you can also consider averaging down on Access.

um d '' averaging down '' losing positions

caution pple , try not to complicate a bad situation , but if u feel dats d only ur plan wants to go , be gradual very very very very gradual in ur executions else DON'T PLS

Dis
i'm a learner oh

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 4:26pm On Sep 11, 2018
musty00:

Chai shocked

I wish I had the courage to wait till then to buy my first tranch. That's like 13 naira

By then, I'll be buying my third tranch cry

seems ANY price below N18 is a buy on ur plan based on increasing div yield attraction esp above the 20% levels !

#interesting
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by musty00: 4:33pm On Sep 11, 2018
fxuser:

seems ANY price below N18 is a buy on ur plan based on increasing div yield attraction esp above the 20% levels !

#interesting

Exactly!

I don't think I can go wrong with Zenith at an average price of N15. I'm not doing JIJO, though not an infinite long termer. But I can hold for 1 year. I trade the bigger waves smiley

Since I cannot time the bottom, I buy in tranches.

This works for me smiley

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 4:41pm On Sep 11, 2018
52 wk lows and highs

- the first one is d most important
- the first one is never the last one
- the last one is quite elusive
- they are both late indicators in TA , unpunctual for trend identification purposes
- however they confirm an ''existing'' trend
- they never make sense
- they can or ''will '' likely go further than u can ever expect

#PersonalObservations

dis:
i'm a TA learner ohh & still a student
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by anjilgreat(f): 4:46pm On Sep 11, 2018
arduino:

After I lost so much from my shares investment in 2008, I made a projection and hoping that in ten(10) years time, which happens to be this year, that it would have improved so that I'll sell all because I actually deliberately did not want to monitor the NSE all this while out of annoyance and to avoid unnecessary tension.

I didn't want to depend on information from my then stockbroker, because he knew that the NSE as at that time were projecting false and cosmetic values and he encouraged me to invest and lose my investment. I stumbled into this thread on nairaland this year when I wanted to know if the NSE has improved so that I can sell all.

Thanks for the advice. I'll closely monitor the market from now henceforth since we have a lot of gurus in the house.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 11, 2018
Nigerian billionaire Femi Otedola, Chairman/CEO of Forte Oil, has accepted to run for the governorship seat of the Lagos State under the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

This was made known by Femi Otedola on Twitter who wrote;

Breaking news: Lagos 2019 promises to be interesting. PDP offers Femi Otedola governorship ticket. He's accepted and personally confirmed to The Boss newspaper..

F O investor wat the next step.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 4:58pm On Sep 11, 2018
tritritri:
Nigerian billionaire Femi Otedola, Chairman/CEO of Forte Oil, has accepted to run for the governorship seat of the Lagos State under the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

This was made known by Femi Otedola on Twitter who wrote;

Breaking news: Lagos 2019 promises to be interesting. PDP offers Femi Otedola governorship ticket. He's accepted and personally confirmed to The Boss newspaper..

F O investor wat the next step.

umm . . .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by anjilgreat(f): 5:00pm On Sep 11, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

You have received the necessary baptism to enable you succeed here henceforth
I would say wait it out; there should be another heavy bull within the next 2 years
However, stop being a nonchallant investor
Monitor your investment, or better still join us here in recovering what NSE has taken from us and profit even in many more fold

Thanks for the advice. My brother, I was not unnecessarily nonchalant O!. I lost hope in the NSE because I never saw that crash coming and I just decided to take a bold step this year, hoping that things would have improved.

This thread is giving me some kind of motivation to start afresh because from my different experiences, every business has it's risks and that even though I have lost worst on other investments in millions, I have gained more in my overall investments.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 5:03pm On Sep 11, 2018
Brent
- very bullish day , breaking above $78

#iran #SSTensions
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 5:17pm On Sep 11, 2018
fxuser:
Brent
- very bullish day , breaking above $78

#iran #SSTensions

my brother it is menu for the boys. gathering momentum to fall again grin sold last week for good gain. i will be selling again tonight

oil will fall before rise according to the chart

grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3909) (3910) (3911) (3912) (3913) (3914) (3915) ... (7807) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: mails4funshi(m), Hedgefunds, megawealth01, egojeny1(f) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.