Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,090 members, 7,859,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 10:07 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3919) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11064060 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3916) (3917) (3918) (3919) (3920) (3921) (3922) ... (7815) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 10:46pm On Sep 12, 2018
currentprice:
@ chibuking, hav been following your post. U seems confident that we will have a new government coming may next year. Anyway I wouldnt comment further because here is not the thread to do that.

I will just say don't bet on this

grin grin grin

grin U dey make me rem some of my past OGA's for this forum .. I Hope another drama/blame games won't start mths time
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 10:49pm On Sep 12, 2018
currentprice:
^^^
Bullbear if the arrow get broken, where next?

grin
...na 28k straight
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 11:05pm On Sep 12, 2018
rationalmind:

Its really terible. I've not seen a stock shed 11% in one trading day since the new rule took effect. Could have happened before though, I've been less observant in recent times. What's there to even observe smiley

I believe the fellow must have gotten things mixed up... 'cause ACCESS actually lost 0.75k after opening at N8.75 and closing at N8 today. That translates to an 8.57% loss. (even the day low of N7.90 is still less than a 10% loss)
...so it's clear that the purported 11% loss that's been put out is incorrect.
In principle, a coy CAN ONLY lose/gain a 10.44% band a day. ...which still records as approx 10% either side of a buy/sale trade.

Btw, I LOVE the euphoria that usually comes with both a BEAR and BULL market. With the 1st, its easy to get unduly pessimistic, while with the 2nd, its not easy to override been overly optimistic. The good thing is that both market can create wealth for a DESCERNING investor. ...I like to be READY for BOTH (this is key)
While the bad thing is that 'somewhere in between' most persons will often tend to get carried away... and end up missing out on juicy OPPURTUNITIES in their quest to time the market.
Remember:
If u want to KNOW if u can SUCCEED in the stock market, then 1st find out where u fall in between SMART, INTELLIGENT and DISCERNING.
...but remember that the market has been CONFIGURED to have and work with all 3 attribute as a collective.
~Sinclair

"Between uncertainties, difficulties and failures is the many 'gift packs' from the stock market.
...and inside those 'gifts' are smaller 'packs' with obstacles but which are sealed with CRAFT.
Yet, down inside are even more 'packs' of OPPORTUNITY."
~Sinclair

"If u desire to EXCEL in the Stock Market, then don't just be an optimist or a pessimist. ...be BOTH.
...then WORK to strike a proper BALANCE between the 2.
Unless of course u wish to receive less and give up much more when u least expect it."
~Sinclair

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:34pm On Sep 12, 2018
Lol
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 3:36am On Sep 13, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 5:44am On Sep 13, 2018
[quote author=Godlylifeoneart post=71138677] election bear is just an excuse. what is driving the Foreign invaders away was imminent devaluation of Naira, proposed removal of fuel subsidy for the sole purpose of funding education and health, the planned increment in power tariff,
The proposed deregulation of forex
These are the reasons Mr. Bear persists.
The invader are happy getting the $ at dz present exchange rate, Dump the portfolio get the $ and wait till after selection... Sorry election.
FYI.... This is the reason our foreign reserve( keep going down daily as a result of high demands by foreign Invaders. QED[/quote/]
$$$$ Dollar $$$$$$,,,, The gold standard in storing your money, I still possess the dollar I bought 6 years ago @ 197 naira @ the black market, it can buy me more stocks now than 6 years ago with their dividend join.......seriously
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 5:46am On Sep 13, 2018
Chibuking81:

2. expo cited.
PDP at center, PDP in Lagos come 2019, FO #300 there we go again.
if dollar exchanges for #1000 then, seriously there will be no gains in the market
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 6:04am On Sep 13, 2018
THE best time to buy stocks is when foreign investors are selling (election time and global financial crisis), the best time to sell stocks is during periods of stability when everyone believes things are rosy, two years into any administration....

The best fundamental investors are the fpi like msci,na thorough work them dey do,they exited forte oil (my bride) ages ago "how did they know dat nigaa otedola wants to use company money to fund election? "

The best Technical investors in nse are the retail investors like Agba , cp , Rabbi , fxuser ( them no want the small money wen dem get enter gutter) them no dey looose but they are also contented with 30% profit.....but the problem is they are few in numbers or there money is so small it cant move the market.......they never talk of dividends, its only fpi dat talk of dividend yeild...

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 6:41am On Sep 13, 2018
fxuser:
Debt Update:
Yields now at 15.60% - 364 days

(further selloff shud push dis much higher)

Thanks for the update grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 7:31am On Sep 13, 2018
Mcy56:

Chai! Make NSE no send people go village finish o.
Just feel for those who have the stocks. Na to stop logging into their trading account sure pass o. undecided

Why? If you invested in unquoted companies, what guides your decision?

So many emotional investors around.

How much has Dangote 'lost' in Dangote Cement He must have gone to his village by now because......................

Funny how people look only at PRICE

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 7:46am On Sep 13, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 7:49am On Sep 13, 2018
DAY 2 - Zenith loading

Una go beg me las las to sell my Diamond & Zenith bank for una. Awon market timers grin grin grin

The prices you see today in Zenith you shall see them no more. 2 days of bull N25 comes knocking. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:53am On Sep 13, 2018
wanaj0:

Why? If you invested in unquoted companies, what guides your decision?

So many emotional investors around.

How much has Dangote 'lost' in Dangote Cement He must have gone to his village by now because......................

Funny how people look only at PRICE

because...................... ?
Come back sir, is to early for half talk.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:55am On Sep 13, 2018
stcool:
DAY 2 - Zenith loading

Una go beg me las las to sell my Diamond & Zenith bank for una. Awon market timers grin grin grin

The prices you see today in Zenith you shall see them no more. 2 days of bull N25 comes knocking. grin

Lol brother any info ? Are you an insider?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:00am On Sep 13, 2018
veecovee:
CHECK WHETHER YOU ARE DOING THE SAME WORK WITH BOKOHA...

https://www.nairaland.com/3560501/holineness-righteousness-revival-daily-messages/16#71152010

Hahahahaha grin grin veecove it’s just 4 am here to early to be laughing out loud.
I know someone who is doing the same work with bokoharam his name is Agba
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 8:24am On Sep 13, 2018
stcool:
DAY 2 - Zenith loading

Of course we go beg u to sell Zenith at N13 grin
Continue going deeper into the evil forest
We are waiting for you outside
When the bees come chasing, we will relieve you of your load to allow you run well well into the village

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 8:53am On Sep 13, 2018
The 11% loss must have been because Access was marked down for interim dividend and still lost 75kobo, making it a total loss of 100kobo[quote author=onegentleguy post=71147216]
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 9:00am On Sep 13, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

Of course we go beg u to sell Zenith at N13 grin
Continue going deeper into the evil forest
We are waiting for you outside
When the bees come chasing, we will relieve you of your load to allow you run well well into the village
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:10am On Sep 13, 2018
stcool:
DAY 2 - Zenith loading

lol
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 9:23am On Sep 13, 2018
rebekah2011:
The 11% loss must have been because Access was marked down for interim dividend and still lost 75kobo, making it a total loss of 100kobo

When prices of stocks are marked down for a dividend and/or script issue, they are NOT booked as a loss on intraday price. ...losses are only considered as depreciation after discounting for coperate declarations.
To illustrate:
Assuming a stock X traded on a previous market day at N5, but will be marked down for a dividend of 0.20k the next day.
...the stock would open @ N4.80 on the said day.
But unless it loses any recognized value after mark down, that N4.80 will be seen as the ACTUAL opening price.
If it closes flat without any change in price, no loss will be recognized. ...but assuming it looses 0.10k, then ONLY that 0.10k and NOT 0.30k (dividend + loss) will be recognized. ...and so the stock WILL close @ N4.70 and NOT N4.50.

Similarly, with ACCESS, actual recognized price drop was 0.75k... which translates to an 8.57% day loss. ...and NOT 11%.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 9:25am On Sep 13, 2018
Oyel is on red. That thing can't torsh 80. Na curse.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 9:38am On Sep 13, 2018
onegentleguy:

When prices of stocks are marked down for a dividend and/or script issue, it is NOT booked as a loss on intraday price for the coy. ...losses are only considered as depreciation after discounting for coperate declarations.
To illustrate:
Assuming a stock X traded on a previous market day at N5, but will be marked down for a dividend of 0.20k the next day.
But unless it loses any recognized value after mark down, that N4.80 will be seen as the new opening price.
...If it closes flat without any change in price, no loss will be recognized. ...but assuming it looses 0.10k, then ONLY that 0.10k and NOT 0.30k (dividend + loss) will be recognized. ...and so the stock WILL close @ N4.70 and NOT N4.50.

So with ACCESS, actual recognized price drop was 0.75k... which translates to an 8.57% day loss. ...and NOT 11%.

on point
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 9:41am On Sep 13, 2018
Please is the Dow on holiday? 25,999 for how many days
This janet go become global soon
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 9:43am On Sep 13, 2018
Agbalowomeri:
Please is the Dow on holiday? 25,999 for how many days
This janet go become global soon
Election things naa. grin
Naija election dey cause global meltdown-Chibu...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by prof2007: 9:50am On Sep 13, 2018
SOURCE: http://thenationonlineng.net/mtn-repatriation-nse-reviews-stanbic-ibtc-diamond-bank-governance/

MTN repatriation: NSE reviews Stanbic IBTC, Diamond Bank governance

The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) and other stakeholders have launched an engagement process to review compliance of Stanbic IBTC Holdings Plc and Diamond Bank Plc to high-level corporate governance standards expected of top-rated quoted companies. The review was sequel to fines imposed on Stanbic IBTC Bank and Diamond Bank by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) for complicity in alleged illegal repatriation of $8.1 billion by MTN Nigeria Communications Limited.

Stanbic IBTC Holdings Plc (the parent company of Stanbic IBTC Bank) and Diamond Bank were among 35 companies that were awarded the Corporate Governance Rating System (CGRS) certification in February 2018. Introduced into the capital market in 2012 and launched in 2014, the CGRS is a joint initiative between the NSE and the Convention on Business Integrity (CBi).

The CGRS was designed to rate quoted companies and their directors on corporate governance practices. The CGRS was the underlying variable for the creation of the NSE Corporate Governance Index (NSE CG Index). The NSE CG Index declined by 1.32 per cent yesterday, almost a triple of the overall average decline of 0.48 per cent for the entire equities market.

The Steering Board of the CGRS yesterday stated that it had taken note of the fines and controversies around the alleged illegal capital repatriation of $8.1billion for MTN Nigeria Communications Limited by four banks, including Stanbic IBTC Bank and Diamond Bank. Executive Director, Regulation, Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE), Tinuade Awe, is the chairman of the CGRS Steering Board.

The board noted that “regulatory compliance formed a major part of the requirement for the award of the CGRS certification” and as such it has launched an engagement process with the affected banks.

“Consequently, the Steering Board is engaging with Stanbic IBTC Holdings Plc and Diamond Bank Plc on this matter, and will inform the investing public on the outcome of its engagement at a future date,” CGRS stated.

To be certified, the CGRS rates quoted companies through three processes including independent verification; self – assessment by the company; certification of director awareness of their fiduciary duties; and a corporate integrity assessment where perceptions of actual company behaviour are sought from internal and external stakeholders. A score of 70 percent and above for both the company and individual directors is required for certification.

At the award ceremony for the CGRS certification, Awe had affirmed that the companies successfully passed the rating test, having scored the required pass mark of 70 per cent. She pointed out that the aim of the CGRS rating was to improve the level of corporate governance of listed companies noting that the rating is a developmental index that will help to boost the company’s image and better cooperation when it needs to transact with foreign partners.

She explained that the self assessment is in three stages which is corporate compliance with its component indicator covering five categories
--business ethics and anti corruption
--internal and external audit and control
--shareholder and stakeholder rights
--board structure and responsibilities
--transparency and disclosure.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 10:03am On Sep 13, 2018
I agree with you but the difference between the previous closing and current closing will be deemed as the loss for the day.
onegentleguy:

When prices of stocks are marked down for a dividend and/or script issue, it is NOT booked as a loss on intraday price for the coy. ...losses are only considered as depreciation after discounting for coperate declarations.
To illustrate:
But unless it loses any recognized value after mark down, that N4.80 will be seen as the new opening price.
...If it closes flat without any change in price, no loss will be recognized. ...but assuming it looses 0.10k, then ONLY that 0.10k and NOT 0.30k (dividend + loss) will be recognized. ...and so the stock WILL close @ N4.70 and NOT N4.50.

So with ACCESS, actual recognized price drop was 0.75k... which translates to an 8.57% day loss. ...and NOT 11%.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 10:07am On Sep 13, 2018
Make una leave all this loss calculation, we are in a bear period and prices are bound to fall. But likewise when the bulls get in, all this calculations will be forgotten. Just buy at a price you deem fit for your investment objective or time the market as most people here are doing. Good luck.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yok: 10:19am On Sep 13, 2018
MSCI PORTFOLIO MOVEMENT- AS AT 12 SEPTEMBER 2018/GENERAL COMMENT

As expected the fund continue reviewing their portfolio, no new money coming in, just selling some holding and using the money same money to buy.

Yesterday was a huge loss day for the NSE All share index.

For today expected high is: 33039.92, expected low is: 31895.38. In terms of the strength of the bears, the temperature gauge is reading over 200%. Expected percentage loss for the day is: 2.07%.

The market has issued a sit at home order for some new funds. Opportunities will still come later. Enjoying my resting period, just watching to know when I can test the waters again.

Caution: This is for information purpose only. Data used are assumed to be correct. However, you may want to verify the data from an appropriate source. Also, Institutions can afford to suffer big losses without going burst compared with an individual, you cannot follow them blindly (you need to at least have some knowledge/your own plan).
N:B

1. Due to the fact so many new people are coming to this forum and may not know this use of following the “big monies that move markets”, I will be indicating why/how to use the information. This will be a permanent future of my post to reduce some comments which may prevent the people that understand the system from confusion by people who have not followed how this started. My comment for today for anybody who doubts the efficacy of following the fund is to look at my recent recommendations for the past 2 months.

2. The fund will still hold some equity, the terms of service states this. Thus no matter the condition of the market, it will not liquidate to Zero. This is an equity fund investing in the Nigeria market.

3. You cannot bear losses like the fund. The pocket of the fund is too deep. Therefore, as an individual you are not suppose to be in the market during the stock markt crash. Before or during the crash, reduce your holding.

4. If you are seeing this type of data on MSCI for the first time. You may need to verify the figures. Go to my previous posts, you will see the various sources where the data can be verified.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 10:20am On Sep 13, 2018
rebekah2011:
I agree with you but the difference between the previous closing and current closing will be deemed as the loss for the day.

No... ur still making the same mistake.
A coperate declaration are NOT to be deemed as looses !!
Someone (an investor) must have gained that difference. (the dividend). ...which is why it is NOT recognized as a loss.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:42am On Sep 13, 2018
onegentleguy:

No... ur still making the same mistake.
A coperate declaration are NOT to be deemed as looses !!
...someone (an investor) must have gained that difference. (the dividend). ...which is why it is NOT recognized as a loss.

Had the same discussion with someone here.. seems there’re lot of people who thinks paid dividends are losses.
Lol how money wey dem give you be loss ?
It’s in your pocket.. they deducted it from the share price and gave to you.. If you like you can buy some units of stock with whatever amount you were paid.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Infinitisi(m): 10:48am On Sep 13, 2018
#studymode

Retracements Versus Reversals
Retracements are temporary price reversals that take place within a larger trend. The key here is that these price reversals are temporary and do not indicate a change in the larger trend. A reversal, on the other hand, is when the trend changes direction, meaning that the price is likely to continue in that reversal direction for an extended period of time.

Read more: Retracement Or Reversal: Know The Difference | Investopedia https://www.investopedia.com/articles/trading/06/retracements.asp#ixzz5QyQSboJu

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 10:58am On Sep 13, 2018
Who dey buy ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (3916) (3917) (3918) (3919) (3920) (3921) (3922) ... (7815) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Buzochi and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.