Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,125 members, 7,829,000 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (4062) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10944766 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4059) (4060) (4061) (4062) (4063) (4064) (4065) ... (7775) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 5:56pm On Nov 01, 2018
GonFreecss1:
What do you all think about the future of sugar though? It has too much hate, even though I know better, that doesn't mean other people do.

All in all, I am asking what do you all think about the future of Dangote sugar? Is it bleak?
On this question, you will ask yourself, how many times in a months did people consume product produced with sugar, like beer, mineral, tea, etc, the level of consumption was affected greatly by recession.

For instance, I don't buy insurance companies stock, because It will be difficult to convince me and many others to insure, not because it's not good, but because of stories of those whom had negative experience with Nigeria insurance companies.

So how many times did you consume product manufactured with Dangote sugar before in a month, and how many times did you consume it now, did it increase or reduce?.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ugosample(m): 6:02pm On Nov 01, 2018
4601CE:
Oga I didn’t quote you. Don’t start what you can’t finish please.
what is this nicompoop saying?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GonFreecss1: 6:03pm On Nov 01, 2018
Chibuking81:

On this question, you will ask yourself, how many times in a months did people consume product produced with sugar, like beer, mineral, tea, etc, the level of consumption was affected greatly by recession.

For instance, I don't buy insurance companies stock, because It will be difficult to convince me and many others to insure, not because it's not good, but because of stories of those whom had negative experience with Nigeria insurance companies.

So how many times did you consume product manufactured with Dangote sugar before in a month, and how many times did you consume it now, did it increase or reduce?.

Lol. I will be frank, it has reduced. You are right though.

And you are also right about insurance, Nigerians are wary of insurance companies, lol! I always stay away from insurance stocks.

Hmmn... this is a big lesson though. You can't force good economy in a country, strategy and good policies are what we need, but we lack that in the country, thinking about it now, if things continue like this, it might get worse. Unemployment is on the rise, salaries are poor... lol! This country en...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 6:03pm On Nov 01, 2018
How International Breweries Forced Nigerian Breweries, Guinness to Halt Price Hike
https://www.businesspost.ng/2018/11/01/how-international-breweries-forced-nigerian-breweries-guinness-to-halt-price-hike/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 6:03pm On Nov 01, 2018
currentprice:

let wait and see. if u see big volume going forward its more of buying back. what happen in last few days was closure of books and tey must meet up by last day of the month which is yesterday. their last sale was @1.49

there is still chance to buy back what u sold @ 1.56 today

just my opinion o

grin grin grin

CP,

If this is an assumption, it might not necessarily be true shaaa cos the guy started dumping again today at #1.55. Unless you have insider information that the activities of last month was about end of month closure and then a new guy started dumping today....

At end of normal trading Business today, the "entity" had 2M units on offer at #1.55 and when the total bid increased above 2m units at #1.55, the entity quickly raised his/her offer quantity to match same bid quantity.

BTW, would you know if a stock is permitted to have more than one MM? If they do, is it possible that a new one other that the one that offloaded in October just started work.

If only one can have access to the DB at Cardinal Stones......
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by swilo: 6:04pm On Nov 01, 2018
currentprice:

oyel continue digging deep

profit taken

https://www.nairaland.com/4264120/forex-trade-alerts-season-18/94

grin grin

cc bullbear
ccfxuser

The conversations on the fx thread looks as tho board of directors are making management decisions with each comment. That's why some monikers only post few lines, hard facts and stay quiet reasoning in their head and not their mouth.

Why does NSEMPA look like we are on the street?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 6:14pm On Nov 01, 2018
Chibuking81:

On Nigeria issue, due to high level of poverty in the land many has turn to farmers, and a lot has reduced the amount of food the consume, some are now on 101 ( eating only morning and night), While a lot find it difficult to eat even one mill a day. Flour are use to produce bread, indomie, supergette and many others, many can not even afford money for most of this food stuff.

Then tell me where will flour companies make money, the civil servants monthly payment, technically has reduced by more than half. A worker that received #100,000 when 1 dollar was #180 and bag of rice was #8,000, are still receiving #100,000, some with pay cut, and currently 1 dollar is above #360 times two and bag of rice #18,000 also more than times two.

That mean, #100,000 payment then, is technically below #50,000, then what of those that received #50,000 and below. The level of poverty increased times two.

Many fall back in what their farm can produce, that's why many are not interested in flour product as such again, till economy improve. Flour rally last year because recession came by surprise, and many maintained a little with their former way of life with little saves the had, but when they understand the reality of the recession, the joined suit.

Expect upward movement in the flour companies when economy improve, may be when the government agreed on #30,000 minimum wage, that will help.
...@Chibuking81 don't let us start argument that is complex & we will not be able to finish or learn anything from. I sympathise with workers who are given meagre salaries and all that. But it has minimum effect on the outcome of the profit margin of these companies we are talking about
-was there any increase in salary when DF was giving good results last year & SP moves from N4 to more than N16?
-Naira to Dollars depreciation was not this year, it "skyrocketted" mid 2016 & people are still buying flour products
-In every market wheat and wheat related products are the cheapest irrespective of the currentprice wink & man pikin must chop low salary or not
-According to official figures, Nigerian economy is improving, based on the GDP. I don't want to dabble into macro economy as that is not my expertise area
-All, these companies are hedging and they have their ways around the materials used in making all their products

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 6:16pm On Nov 01, 2018
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/24364_UNITY_BANK_PLC_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_NOVEMBER_2018.pdf

CBN is culpable in the banks that fail in this Country. Unity is gone.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:23pm On Nov 01, 2018
Ugosample:

Lmao
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 01, 2018
Ugosample:

Mynd44 Lalasticlala OAM4J Dominique justwise ferano mukina2 obynoscopy Seun fynestboi ishilove.
Rule 2 violated here .
Please do the needful asap
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 6:31pm On Nov 01, 2018
Yayira:
Who is the someone else ? I know you are referring to me..
You’ve got to stop jumping into conclusions, you don’t know me and I don’t wanna know you.
You dey make me regret why I even quote him slf.
Pls stop quoting me again. If your conscience is disturbing you, then so be it.
I hate double standard and someone talking from the two sides of the mouth.
If he recommends you complain, if he doesnt you complain. Which kind of person are you self?
For your info, I dont relate with your type, so you're the last person I wanna know.
Stop behaving like someone that has a disorder cos its really showing all over your posts...... and if you do, then you need to see a therapist asap. Some people dont know that they have unless their attention is called to it just like this.
Good luck young man, oh sorry, woman...... whatever it is.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ugosample(m): 6:39pm On Nov 01, 2018
4601CE:

Mynd44 Lalasticlala OAM4J Dominique justwise ferano mukina2 obynoscopy Seun fynestboi ishilove.
Rule 2 violated here .
Please do the needful asap

undecided
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:41pm On Nov 01, 2018
Attention seekers shall be ignored henceforth
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 6:55pm On Nov 01, 2018
Somebody just invoked all the gods of nairaland. If them act ehhh... persin go get banned for eternity.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 7:05pm On Nov 01, 2018
rebekah2011:
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/24364_UNITY_BANK_PLC_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_NOVEMBER_2018.pdf

What kind of result is this one? When I tried to open it, It hanged my phone and turned it off three minutes into the hanging.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Onuokwu: 7:10pm On Nov 01, 2018
Anytime wey share price dey fall, quarrel go begin rise for NSEMPa.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 7:11pm On Nov 01, 2018
mendes911:

CP,

If this is an assumption, it might not necessarily be true shaaa cos the guy started dumping again today at #1.55. Unless you have insider information that the activities of last month was about end of month closure and then a new guy started dumping today....

At end of normal trading Business today, the "entity" had 2M units on offer at #1.55 and when the total bid increased above 2m units at #1.55, the entity quickly raised his/her offer quantity to match same bid quantity.

BTW, would you know if a stock is permitted to have more than one MM? If they do, is it possible that a new one other that the one that offloaded in October just started work.

If only one can have access to the DB at Cardinal Stones......

bro, na assumption o. but 2morrow will throw more clue on this

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GonFreecss1: 7:15pm On Nov 01, 2018
Lol. Guys easy, I have been reading through all the fights and jabs and I can say there is seriously no need to attack each other. Isn't this place to help each other? Or are you guys competing with each other? Just be chill guys, same way you don't get emotional in the stock markets, you don't get emotional on a forum page. Let's just all take deep breaths, cyber hug each other and let things just die out. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Onuokwu: 7:22pm On Nov 01, 2018
rebekah2011:

Tufiakwa....and CBN has not liquidated this bank? This is an incentive for bad behaviour by banks and their management. And people were buying and selling their shares o.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:24pm On Nov 01, 2018
Deadlytruth:

What kind of result is this one? When I tried to open it, It hanged my phone and turned it off three minutes into the hanging.

Same here...hope it not virus?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 01, 2018
Na wa ooh...Best of friends could turned in a twinkling of an eye ....pals let act mature .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 7:33pm On Nov 01, 2018
but chart look scary today sha

shocked shocked shocked

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 7:36pm On Nov 01, 2018
BullBearMkt:

...@Chibuking81 don't let us start argument that is complex & we will not be able to finish or learn anything from. I sympathise with workers who are given meagre salaries and all that. But it has minimum effect on the outcome of the profit margin of these companies we are talking about
-was there any increase in salary when DF was giving good results last year & SP moves from N4 to more than N16?
-Naira to Dollars depreciation was not this year, it "skyrocketted" mid 2016 & people are still buying flour products
-In every market wheat and wheat related products are the cheapest irrespective of the currentprice wink & man pikin must chop low salary or not
-According to official figures, Nigerian economy is improving, based on the GDP. I don't want to dabble into macro economy as that is not my expertise area
-All, these companies are hedging and they have their ways around the materials used in making all their products

grin grin grin grin grin
We all discuss to learn, I don't see it as an argument, we have been in this country together, as we are people with decades of experience, many factors contributed in the economy down tone, as a
businessman I have good number of years of experience, likewise as civil servant I have combined both.
Nigeria is on paper officially out of recession, but in practice we are now really in recession.

Believe me, FAAC (Federal Acount Allocation Committee) monthly sharing contributes a lot in the economy of our dear country. And more than 60/70 percent of this money goes for wage bill to some state 80 percent.

It's from this money Federal, State, and Local government pay their workers and use the remaining to carry on capital project. These are the money generated mainly from the sales of crude oil and other natural resources. Foreign investors comes in with their money to tap from the circulation of this money, Business activities moves well as a result of the circulation of this money.

Last year, FAAC some times shared between 300/400 billion monthly, but this time they are sharing 800/700/600 monthly, but the economy has not felt the impact from the gain of excess crude as dollar rises above 40 dollars per a barrel to almost 80 dollar and from 1.8 million barrel per a day as a bench mark used in the country budget last year to above 2 million currently.

Politicians are busy embezzling the fund, taking it abroad, some buried their own underground. It will be useful when it circulate, look around you and calculate how many new companies/ Factories are built newly, compared it with liquidated ones, where our politicians are busy owning university, schools, hospital, companies abroad.

Main while, bad economy didn't affected only workers, it also affected both the business classes, freelance, over 100 millions of Nigerians.

Back to flour companies, when people are not patronizing them again, it affect their EPS. I remember telling us when Okomo oil was at #27/28 naira that it will get to #70, why because the big yellow rubber of red oil rose from #4,000 per a rubber to about #18,000/#20,000 naira, you don't need prophet them to tell you that NSE red oil quoted companies like Okomo oil and Presco will gain more than times two in their EPS that period, thereby translating to their capital appreciation.

Anyway am more concern now for upcoming bonanza period, we are partner in progress.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 7:42pm On Nov 01, 2018
Deadlytruth:

Rubbish result wey them release wit virus so that we no go read. I catch then sha.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by longlife20: 8:01pm On Nov 01, 2018
Unity bank report

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:07pm On Nov 01, 2018
currentprice:
but chart look scary today sha

shocked shocked shocked

If this index doesnt hold @32k.we r looking at 28k region...this is critical ..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 8:12pm On Nov 01, 2018
Mpeace:
Rubbish result wey them release wit virus so that we no go read. I catch then sha.
This is company that carried out share reconstruction 1 per 10 few years ago, meaning their loss should times by ten. http://thenationonlineng.net/share-reconstruction-unity-bank-to-cancel-105-2b-shares/
May be this time it will be 100 share par one, why their suspension, this our country the more you look the less you see.
Why should the NSE suspended their share before allowing the released of their result? This is to avoid them visiting 20 kobo. https://www.pulse.ng/news/business/nse-suspends-unity-bank-plc-5-others-from-trading-id9055896.html
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 8:18pm On Nov 01, 2018
Chibuking81:

This is company that carried out share reconstruction 1 per 10 few years ago, meaning their loss should times by ten.
May be this time it will be 100 share par one, why their suspension, this our country the more you look the less you see.
Why should the NSE suspended their share before allowing the released of their result? This is to avoid them visiting 20 kobo.
http://thenationonlineng.net/share-reconstruction-unity-bank-to-cancel-105-2b-shares/
I don't think so. I think their suspension by NSE made them release the result. If not for the suspension, them for just dey hike the loss until they make small profit.
As soon as they release all outstanding results, the suspension will be lifted.
It appears they have even released everything. Watch as the suspension will be lifted.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 8:21pm On Nov 01, 2018
Mpeace:
I don't think so. I think their suspension by NSE made them release the result. If not for the suspension, them for just dey hike the loss until they make small profit.
As soon as they release all outstanding results, the suspension will be lifted.
Bonanza gang might not eye this bank during our period. Anyway it will help drive the bonanza motor safely to our junction.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 8:23pm On Nov 01, 2018
Chibuking81:

Bonanza gang might not eye this bank, during our period. Anyway it will help drive the bonanza motor safely to our junction.
But that might be the only available stock for the bonanza gang.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GonFreecss1: 9:02pm On Nov 01, 2018
Guys I know we all want to buy cheap stocks, but you have to beware of value traps. They might have low price to book value, but it's very important you look at how much money they are making, net profit and profit margin etc, EPS, dividends, ROE and most importantly ROA, compare with other companies in that sector and overall. Don't just go and buy cheap stocks...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Revibe: 9:16pm On Nov 01, 2018
We are in a falling market. Exercise some patience. Brent was even beaten down badly today. If it crosses $70, well well well

(1) (2) (3) ... (4059) (4060) (4061) (4062) (4063) (4064) (4065) ... (7775) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Heishere, stcool(m), megawealth01, donchichi, Jerekre(m), kolaish(m), Trone and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.