Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,069 members, 7,852,629 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:10 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (4120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11039012 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4117) (4118) (4119) (4120) (4121) (4122) (4123) ... (7806) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GonFreecss1: 4:24pm On Nov 22, 2018
feelamong:

You call NSE heaven compared to Cryptos??

Hmmmm!

Lol! It is. In crypto people lose their life savings in seconds. Very brutal! In the NSE at least you can see some warning signs before everything goes wild.

I will say this again, NSE is heaven.

Lol! There is even opening and closing time! Una get break time for NSE. I.e. breathing time. Hahahahahaha. Monday to Friday, 9 am to 3pm. In crypto it is 24/7 Saturdays and sundays included. You will be shouting Hallelujah in church and your crytpo asset has lost 50% in 1 hour.
In crypto the market is always open! You go to sleep rich, you wake up poor, become poorer once the Asians and Americans wake up and start dumping more. Volume is not even good enough to sell at the current price you have already lost 60% in. Trust me, with the small lamentations I have seen in this Nairaland, and the people who talk and pretend but never buy anything, I say NSE is heaven, or the Treasury Bills people who think Money market funds are risky? (Hahahahaha), some even can't near stocks. I will say once again, NSE is heaven.

I can see what most of you call bear market in NSE and I laugh. Think of all the bear markets you know in Nigerian stocks and even the US dot com bubble, it's not still as bad as what crypto does. But then again, that is why there is so much potential to be a millionaire there. I mean millionaire in USD. That extreme volatility, that can make you or break you.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IrokoOluwere: 5:02pm On Nov 22, 2018
GonFreecss1:

Lol! It is. In crypto people lose their life savings in seconds. Very brutal! In the NSE at least you can see some warning signs before everything goes wild.

Lol! There is even opening and closing time! Una get break time for NSE. I.e. breathing time. Hahahahahaha. Monday to Friday, 9 am to 3pm. In crypto it is 24/7 Saturdays and sundays included. You will be shouting Hallelujah in church and your crytpo asset has lost 50% in 1 hour.
In crypto the market is always open! You go to sleep rich, you wake up poor, become poorer once the Asians and Americans wake up and start dumping more. Volume is not even good enough to sell at the current price you have already lost 60% in. Trust me, with the small lamentations I have seen in this Nairaland, and the people who talk and pretend but never buy anything, I say NSE is heaven, or the Treasury Bills people who think Money market funds are risky? (Hahahahaha), some even can't near stocks. I will say once again, NSE is heaven.

I can see what most of you call bear market in NSE and I laugh. Think of all the bear markets you know in Nigerian stocks and even the US dot com bubble, it's not still as bad as what crypto does. But then again, that is why there is so much potential to be a millionaire there. I mean millionaire in USD. That extreme volatility, that can make you or break you.
It’s not 9am to 3pm o .
But 10am to 2:30pm .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IrokoOluwere: 5:04pm On Nov 22, 2018
IrokoOluwere:
When will INTBREW release their results please?
Somebody please say something
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GonFreecss1: 5:19pm On Nov 22, 2018
IrokoOluwere:

It’s not 9am to 3pm o .
But 10am to 2:30pm .

Thank you for the correction sir. All join. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IrokoOluwere: 5:24pm On Nov 22, 2018
GonFreecss1:

Thank you for the correction sir. All join. grin
grin grin
Lord knows I can never put my money into crypto.
Even stocks. Na reluctantly ,and maximum of just one stock
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Infinitisi(m): 5:52pm On Nov 22, 2018
Lol I traded cryptos for a little while with some small cash I had. A month later I left the remaining change with them

cheesy

GonFreecss1:

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IrokoOluwere: 5:55pm On Nov 22, 2018
Anti spam bot don ban GonFreecss1.
Lmao! That bot dy drink ogogoro
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yok: 6:31pm On Nov 22, 2018
NIGERIA STOCK MARKET GENERAL COMMENT EXPECTED HIGH AND LOW TRADING RANGE FOR 23 NOVEMBER 2018

We had a weak bull today. Market depth was fairly okay with 16 gainers and 13 losers.

For Friday 23 November 2018 expected High is 32,011.25 low at 31,946.43. These figures are just to serve as a gauge to measure the bullishness or bearishness of the closing figures

In view of the fact that some additional information on our postings will now be added, you can check our twitter handle “Target Technical Analysis”.

Caution: This is for information purpose only. Data used are assumed to be correct. However, you may want to verify the data from an appropriate source.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:31pm On Nov 22, 2018
International breweries..... True reflections of beer, bear and national contraction.
ONE of the The majority shareholders in this company came with a mission to take over the business of liquor distribution in Nigeria. (BIH Brasseries Internationales Holding limited) a subsidiary of citi group.
However ABinbev the owner is battling with debt in international markets... One do not know what they will do to their Nigeria subsidiary. Should they exit the market, there would be an inferno on the mountain.
I do not see the coronation asset management (another shareholder) stepping up to lead the acquisition should Inbev exit Nigeria
I expect their 3rd quarter reports to be in alignment with the poor performances seen so far in the manufacturing /industrial sector.
However once the economy kick start the next bull, I expect dz company to deliver.
Overall, a good company to accumulate gradually in order to defeat the paper loss.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sentio2020: 6:32pm On Nov 22, 2018
CLASSY APARTMENTS FOR SALE AT MILLENIUM ESTATE, GBAGADA
Beautiful and Classy 8 units of 4 Bedroom Terraces for sale at Gbagada. Pay just 30% now and spread the balance conveniently.

FEATURES: PROMO SALES OF 4 UNITS AT
 4 BEDROOM TERRACE DUPLEX N40M

For more enquiries please call: 08023388973.. 08101766003..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 7:34pm On Nov 22, 2018
Una wehdone here o grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IrokoOluwere: 7:36pm On Nov 22, 2018
Godlylifeoneart:
International breweries..... True reflections of beer, bear and national contraction.
ONE of the The majority shareholders in this company came with a mission to take over the business of liquor distribution in Nigeria. (BIH Brasseries Internationales Holding limited) a subsidiary of citi group.
However ABinbev the owner is battling with debt in international markets... One do not know what they will do to their Nigeria subsidiary. Should they exit the market, there would be an inferno on the mountain.
I do not see the coronation asset management (another shareholder) stepping up to lead the acquisition should Inbev exit Nigeria
I expect their 3rd quarter reports to be in alignment with the poor performances seen so far in the manufacturing /industrial sector.
However once the economy kick start the next bull, I expect dz company to deliver.
Overall, a good company to accumulate gradually in order to defeat the paper loss.
Thank you!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Beke2020: 8:33pm On Nov 22, 2018
Pls what about Fidelity? I bought at N1.97 do I sell and run?
Mpeace:
Like Fidelity. #runsaway

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 22, 2018
kolaish:
This could be useful for some newbies in the house. Please note that it is just an analysis of selected stocks (cheapest according to PE) to guide your investment decisions.

@kolaish Do you think Access will do better than FBNH base on price appreciation as well ...? am about choosing one .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by arduino: 8:58pm On Nov 22, 2018
Infinitisi:
Lol I traded cryptos for a little while with some small cash I had. A month later I left the remaining change with them

cheesy

cheesy cheesy
I can't remember the last time I opened binance app again oo..... Not to talk of Kucoin and Luno. Those ones login password don enter air.
I Just dash oyinbo men my hard earned $1000
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Raider76: 9:14pm On Nov 22, 2018

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gabscity(m): 9:28pm On Nov 22, 2018
arduino:

cheesy cheesy
I can't remember the last time I opened binance app again oo..... Not to talk of Kucoin and Luno. Those ones login password don enter air.
I Just dash oyinbo men my hard earned $1000

Cryto is nonsense. u have ur coins with an exchanger, u cant even sleep with two eyes closed for fear of hacking or sudden dumping on u.

when sending coins to another wallet, u still will entertain some fear until it hits the person's acc. No one Crypo trader has peace of mind. grin grin grin. for me, its not different from MMM. remember, it came to limelight in Nigeria after MMM crashed and crypto traders still send money to themselves to buy the so-called BTC. lols... we are in it together sha

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 9:30pm On Nov 22, 2018
Beke2020:
Pls what about Fidelity? I bought at N1.97 do I sell and run?
I am very much in fidelity. I no dey run.
Disclaimer: This is not a stay or run recommendation.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by owolabi5: 9:53pm On Nov 22, 2018
koma1:
Hello guys
Is it advisable to invest in skyway Aviation Handling Company plc (SAHCO) INITIAL PUBLIC OFFERING of 406,074,000 Ordinary shares of 50 kobo each at N4.65 per share.

NO!

i WOULD RATHER BUY HONEYWELL PLC FOR A QUARTER OF THAT!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ugosample(m): 10:02pm On Nov 22, 2018
GonFreecss1:

It's actually almost 4%. I was not sad because I used the money to test the waters, I was even surprised I didn't use more than that.

Warren Buffet has said it, that fees can be a gain killer. That's why since then, if I buy a stock, I buy it with no intention to sell, I always buy companies I would be happy to buy more if they drop in price. This is key, I have always been preaching about good companies and buying in small amounts instead of large buying due to emotions.

we think alike......

80% of the stocks I buy, I am buying to hold for the medium term

As crazy as it sounds, I'm still loading honey well, even though the price has sank almost 100 %

Every man has his strategy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ugosample(m): 10:03pm On Nov 22, 2018
owolabi5:

NO!
i WOULD RATHER BUY HONEYWELL PLC FOR A QUARTER OF THAT!!

cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ugosample(m): 10:05pm On Nov 22, 2018
DeRuggedProf:

Keep to your rules until you modify them.

There are stocks I don't trade, even when ALL the time frames align technically. I watch them grow like wild leaves, I still never regret missing out.

Insisting to make money from every stock that moves up is one sure sign of a trading account you will need a medical team hanging around when you are reviewing your trading records after some bad sharp turns in the general market. grin

Sudden price changes should never conspire with your emotions to hack your trading account..... grin

you have spoken well
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ugosample(m): 10:06pm On Nov 22, 2018
GonFreecss1:

This is why I hate leverage margin trading and the derivatives market. Just buy stocks of good companies currently undervalued and hold! Lol! No need to do all this useless margin trades they are very dangerous.
I agree with you
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PharmAlfred: 10:11pm On Nov 22, 2018
For those trying to run away fromm Fidelity and the likes, a time will come when you will begin to look for us to sell to you and we will not be there to sell to you. These tough to times don't last. When we start cashing out after being buried on most stocks, pls don't envy us.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 10:27pm On Nov 22, 2018
PharmAlfred:
For those trying to run away fromm Fidelity and the likes, a time will come when you will begin to look for us to sell to you and we will not be there to sell to you. These tough to times don't last. When we start cashing out after being buried on most stocks, pls don't envy us.

Lol grin
Enjoy your loneliness in the bus grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IrokoOluwere: 10:29pm On Nov 22, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by swilo: 8:09am On Nov 23, 2018
Infinitisi:

cheesy

Same here bro...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by swilo: 8:40am On Nov 23, 2018
Question:

When does a bank stop loan loss provisioning?

Is it bad debt that increases loan loss provisioning?

If it is bad debt, why do banks not simply cancel the debts and regularize their books to reduce the provisioning?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by swilo: 8:49am On Nov 23, 2018
Diamond bank UK subsidiary is worth around N100B, with this fund available and the acquisition of a national licence, is there a possibility that the bank's predicament can improve given the current state of its books?

I ask because I still plan to buy Diamond Bank by December. Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 9:00am On Nov 23, 2018
As long as a bank is in the business of extending credit facilities to its customers, loans provisioning will never stop.

Bad debt and provision for loans are two separate things. The banking prudential guidelines make certain basis to provide for loans, either it is performing or not. In recent times IFRS has also made the provisioning to be wider than it was before. A debt becomes bad when the individual or corporate entity who was given loan is unable to repay the loans after the terms agreed by both parties. So it is the provisioning that comes first, then it becomes bad and the bank will now decide to write off.

Banks give out loans out of the deposit made by the depositors or loans sourced from international finance agencies. So when loans go bad and it is written off, the depositors will still have to be paid. Provisioning will have to occur when the loan is impaired.
swilo:
Question:

When does a bank stop loan loss provisioning?

Is it bad debt that increases loan loss provisioning?

If it is bad debt, why do banks not simply cancel the debts and regularize their books to reduce the provisioning?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 9:03am On Nov 23, 2018
There is no way Diamond subsidiary will be worth this amount. What is the balance sheet of this subsidiary? How much profit has it made in the last 3-5 years? What is the current state of the subsidiary?

Oga the signs are all over the place do not go and catch a falling knife oooo.

swilo:
Diamond bank UK subsidiary is worth around N100B, with this fund available and the acquisition of a national licence, is there a possibility that the bank's predicament can improve given the current state of its books?

I ask because I still plan to buy Diamond Bank by December. Thanks.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4117) (4118) (4119) (4120) (4121) (4122) (4123) ... (7806) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: bolton08(m), joedguy, Emndy(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.