Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,438 members, 7,843,334 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (4400) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10999977 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4397) (4398) (4399) (4400) (4401) (4402) (4403) ... (7792) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 7:26am On Mar 16, 2019
WEEKEND TONIC

The WORLD is not READY for your EXPLANATION, they are WAITING for your MANIFESTATION because those that are SUCCEEDING dont have time to explain.- Peterichy.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by awesomeJ(m): 7:53am On Mar 16, 2019
PETERiCHY:

It's seems you are scared of BUHARI NEXT LEVEL grin and we still have 4yrs and 3months to Go. So fasten your SELTBELTS and watch out for ALL TIME YEAR LOW.

It's only PESSIMISTS that will benefit from this regime while the OPTIMISTS will bit off their fingers.

BUHARI already told his subjects to EXPECT TOUGH TIMES AHEAD before he retires to DAURA.

Welcome to THE NEXT LEVEL.

*ThE OcToPuS*

If Zenith touch 16 this year. I'd be willing to buy you a million units. If people keep waiting for unrealistic targets when will they not keep missing out of some few opportunities?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by awesomeJ(m): 7:55am On Mar 16, 2019
GonFreecss1:

You can see I meant YTD... No one knows the future, but I can bet many people are running away already.
Same people that will come back and buy at 50% premium.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 8:05am On Mar 16, 2019
MAKE IT YOUR MOST PRIORITY TO SEE CHRIST, ABRAHAM, ISAAC, JACOB AND OTHER SAINTS ...

https://www.nairaland.com/3560501/holineness-righteousness-revival-daily-messages/21#76698587

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by awesomeJ(m): 8:11am On Mar 16, 2019
rebekah2011:
Bismark Rewane I believe has done his full term as an independent director with FCMB as prescribed by the CBN. I do not think anyone outside the cycle of the current government will be appointed as CBN Governor.
Godwin will serve another term.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by awesomeJ(m): 8:19am On Mar 16, 2019
maishai:

zenith will go down to like say #19......I say this as i have a feeling that top traders can rove through dividend paying stocks @ little commission and trading charges qualify for dividend and bail out....I am still trying to formulate a strategy for this cos I think it is only during earnings period that one can say he is guaranteed profit for sure
Somebody is hunting for a 250k dividend which is effectively 225k after knocking off WHT. Why will they buy at say 2200k ( BEP @ 2265) and then plan to sell at 1900.
Adding the 225k to 1900 takes their proceeds to 2125. Implying a 150k loss for all their troubles.

I think 20.50 should be the least level for all dividend-hunters induced crash.

One thing we should bear in mind is that for sound stocks like this, their book value increases year in year out (by more than 10%). So the market may actually price this in.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 9:17am On Mar 16, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by awesomeJ(m): 9:26am On Mar 16, 2019
Mpeace:
I think they can. Remember the dilution involves 6billion additional units. That should lift their OS to about 35billion same with UBA, FBNH etc. If they do well in 2019 they should match that EPS.
The acquired DIAMOND assets should add some new returns now.
If they're able to get say 1trn of quality assets on DIAMOND, a 3% net returns on these assets should dissolve the dilution effect now.

We're not assuming that ACCESS is paying for a completely empty DIAMOND.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 9:31am On Mar 16, 2019
awesomeJ:

Somebody is hunting for a 250k dividend which is effectively 225k after knocking off WHT. Why will they buy at say 2200k ( BEP @ 2265) and then plan to sell at 1900.
Adding the 225k to 1900 takes their proceeds to 2125. Implying a 150k loss for all their troubles.

I think 20.50 should be the least level for all dividend-hunters induced crash.

One thing we should bear in mind is that for sound stocks like this, their book value increases year in year out (by more than 10%). So the market may actually price this in.

zenith is a kind of stock that if one knows how to play game in it, one will not pay school fees at all or at least pay little fees. Some may not take my words but from my experience all these while after marking down it will do IGG then go down the rise after q1 result then some investors will use that opportunity to bail out then starts coming down after the q1 IGG then it will galloping till oct/nov when investors come again to line up for FY result/dividend expectations. Many newbies put head after when they notice IGG after marking down or after q1 result and only to buy at higher price thinking the price would be sustained but alas the price kept going down till it get to a certain level it will be galloping. So i enter at a very good price qualify for the dividend, wait for IGG then bail out. One has to be smart the theory of when you buy a stock you own it as if is your company in economy such as Nigeria? Haa i no do! Most important thing for me is for my money to keep working 24/7, TB, mmf are there for me to tap into while waiting for another planting season.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 9:47am On Mar 16, 2019
Mpeace:
Hey no spoil mata for us. We the diamond bank shareholders/prospective Access bank shareholders hereby state that we are not complaining. Diamonds don't come cheap.

On a more serious note, Access bank actually bought diamond bank at a very low cost. Check how much the nationalized banks like mainstreet., keystone and enterprise bank were sold for. They were not even in better condition than diamond.

Skye bank bought mainstreet bank for 126billion naira. That's nothing compared to 24billion naira and 6billion shares Access is paying for diamond.

If diamond had gone under, and the whole thing allowed to be done in a bidding process, Access might not even have won the bid. It would have gone to "friends of govt" at a higher price.

Oga, I am also in Diamond bank for the N1 and extra Jara.

But Access has never been kind to her investors.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by awesomeJ(m): 10:43am On Mar 16, 2019
aremso:

zenith is a kind of stock that if one knows how to play game in it, one will not pay school fees at all or at least pay little fees. Some may not take my words but from my experience all these while after marking down it will do IGG then go down the rise after q1 result then some investors will use that opportunity to bail out then starts coming down after the q1 IGG then it will galloping till oct/nov when investors come again to line up for FY result/dividend expectations. Many newbies put head after when they notice IGG after marking down or after q1 result and only to buy at higher price thinking the price would be sustained but alas the price kept going down till it get to a certain level it will be galloping. So i enter at a very good price qualify for the dividend, wait for IGG then bail out. One has to be smart the theory of when you buy a stock you own it as if is your company in economy such as Nigeria? Haa i no do! Most important thing for me is for my money to keep working 24/7, TB, mmf are there for me to tap into while waiting for another planting season.
I think the pattern may even be true for some other stocks.
Great move with the fixed income mix too. There was this guy that grew his $9,000 trading account to over $300,000 within about 2 years. When asked about his current trading, he said he only trades $30k while the rest is stashed away-in Fixed income I suppose.

It makes no sense to make money from the market and give it all back via bad trades.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mftivi: 10:59am On Mar 16, 2019
awesomeJ:

Great move with the fixed income mix too. There was this guy that grew his $9,000 trading account to over $300,000 within about 2 years. When asked about his current trading, he said he only trades $30k while the rest is stashed away-in Fixed income I suppose.

It makes no sense to make money from the market and give it all back via bad trades.

Well he got lucky and he knew he made is money out of luck and smart enough to stash it away in fixed income. Good traders repeat trading success over and over while keeping risk at very minimal.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by awesomeJ(m): 11:24am On Mar 16, 2019
Mftivi:

Well he got lucky and he knew he made is money out of luck and smart enough to stash it away in fixed income. Good traders repeat trading success over and over while keeping risk at very minimal.

That kind of success in such a venture as trading doesn't happen by luck.

The guys has a working strategy.

He takes trading as a full-time job, and consistently makes upwards of $6,000 off his 30k account every month, whether it's a bull or bear market. That isn't luck.

Why he reduced his account size to $30k I'm not sure. But it may be that he thinks that's how much he can consistently manage given his current strategy and the surrounding fundamentals.

Same reason Goldman may give you only a $10m portfolio to manage even though they have billions to spare.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mftivi: 12:17pm On Mar 16, 2019
awesomeJ:

That kind of success in such a ventures as trading doesn't happen by luck.

He takes trading as a full-time job, and consistently makes upwards of $6,000 off his 30k account every month, whether it's a bull or bear market. That isn't luck.

Why he reduced his account size to $30k I'm not sure. But it may be that he thinks that's how much he can consistently manage given his current strategy and the surrounding fundamentals.

Same reason Goldman may give you only a $10m portfolio to manage even though they have billions to spare.
$300k is not too much for speculative trading and 90% of Goldman sachs funds are not in fixed income. To each his own anyway.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GonFreecss1: 2:39pm On Mar 16, 2019
aremso:

With what you have explained, you are working for your money. It's not working for you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GonFreecss1: 2:40pm On Mar 16, 2019
Mftivi:

I dare say trading, especially day trading is luck. I know many will come out and say blah blah blah. But it's the truth.

The only thing proven that works overtime are people who invest and sleep. I left my money in the Nigerian stock market for a while, I later left for a reason, something bothered me, another discussion for another day.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 3:18pm On Mar 16, 2019
GonFreecss1:

With what you have explained, you are working for your money. It's not working for you.

Any how u put it all i know is the strategy am using is ok for me and am very fine with it. The rest is for you to decipher if am working for my money or the money works for me

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by makashava(m): 3:40pm On Mar 16, 2019
OBAGADAFFI:

Oga, I am also in Diamond bank for the N1 and extra Jara.

But Access has never been kind to her investors.
what date is the N1 payment due?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 4:29pm On Mar 16, 2019
Did anyone out there attend Transcorp AGM ??
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by awesomeJ(m): 4:37pm On Mar 16, 2019
Mftivi:
$300k is not too much for speculative trading and 90% of Goldman sachs funds are not in fixed income. To each his own anyway.

Who says anything about Fixed income with Goldman?

So you really think $300k is a joke?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by awesomeJ(m): 4:39pm On Mar 16, 2019
GonFreecss1:

How so?

I think if he has funds tied that brings in constant returns whether in equities or other markets, that money is sure slaving for him.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Lxdd: 5:38pm On Mar 16, 2019
Good day sirs. I would like to enter into investing in stocks. What are your recommendations for a beginner like me?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:18pm On Mar 16, 2019
GonFreecss1:

I dare say trading, especially day trading is luck. I know many will come out and say blah blah blah. But it's the truth.

The only thing proven that works overtime are people who invest and sleep. I left my money in the Nigerian stock market for a while, I later left for a reason, something bothered me, another discussion for another day.

Would like to know why you left grin gist me
Hope you did not overslept grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:38pm On Mar 16, 2019
Lxdd:
Good day sirs. I would like to enter into investing in stocks. What are your recommendations for a beginner like me?

For starters, follow this thread over the next 6 months, ask questions and use Google when you're not clear. There are quite a number of teachers here. Mcy56 has been a good and consistent one grin

There are tons of books on the internet available for you to read alongside.

When you feel you've gathered enough knowledge, open a stockbrocking account and start with little cash ( Shouldnt be more than 100k imo). You can gradually invest more money as time goes on.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Onuokwu: 10:13pm On Mar 16, 2019
Mpeace:
Hey no spoil mata for us. We the diamond bank shareholders/prospective Access bank shareholders hereby state that we are not complaining. Diamonds don't come cheap.

On a more serious note, Access bank actually bought diamond bank at a very low cost. Check how much the nationalized banks like mainstreet., keystone and enterprise bank were sold for. They were not even in better condition than diamond.

Skye bank bought mainstreet bank for 126billion naira. That's nothing compared to 24billion naira and 6billion shares Access is paying for diamond.

If diamond had gone under, and the whole thing allowed to be done in a bidding process, Access might not even have won the bid. It would have gone to "friends of govt" at a higher price.

That purchase consideration is for retail shareholders only. As usual the small guys get screwed. I don't believe Carlyle shares, Dozie family shares and SIBTC Nominee shares were bought at N3.13k. Significant under the table valuation must have taken place.

In any case all the shareholders appear satisfied with the deal they got so.....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Onuokwu: 10:23pm On Mar 16, 2019
awesomeJ:

That kind of success in such a venture as trading doesn't happen by luck.

$6k on $30k or $6k on $300k? The former will be 20% per month and 240% compounded annually. i.e he grows $30k to minimum of $72k within a year. Well....that will be some trader/investor.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Onuokwu: 10:33pm On Mar 16, 2019
GonFreecss1:

....and the stockbroker as well. I just took time to simulate the trade using the price link below but there is little or no return motivation in it.

https://www.easykobo.com/HisPcp/ZENITHBANK
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by awesomeJ(m): 10:48pm On Mar 16, 2019
Onuokwu:

$6k on $30k or $6k on $300k? The former will be 20% per month and 240% compounded annually. i.e he grows $30k to minimum of $72k within a year. Well....that will be some trader/investor.
6k on 30k. that's even less impressive than his 290k on 9k within 2 years.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GonFreecss1: 11:27pm On Mar 16, 2019
awesomeJ:

How so?

I think if he has funds tied that brings in constant returns whether in equities or other markets, that money is sure slaving for him.

Slaving for him when he is busy timing markets? Buying and selling? Lol!

I can bet if he had left all those money in Tbills and spent his time doing something else that will make him more money, he will be far richer. He can't say he has not taken losses, but I won't elaborate further.

There is a saying that one day, Monkey will go to market and not come back. That is how money goes too, especially in the financial markets.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GonFreecss1: 11:47pm On Mar 16, 2019
Yayira:

Would like to know why you left grin gist me
Hope you did not overslept grin grin

Simple. I found out that making money can actually be simpler. Investing should be very boring. I can see a trend in the Nigerian market. I don't like that trend at all. Only a few companies defy that trend so far. I don't like speculating, I don't enjoy buying and selling, I enjoy buying yields (i.e. investing for dividends and compounding), I am not a TA man. Just the fundamental basics, if it is undervalued I buy. I don't like selling (apart from recently).
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ugosample(m): 12:00am On Mar 17, 2019
GonFreecss1:

Simple. I found out that making money can actually be simpler. Investing should be very boring. I can see a trend in the Nigerian market. I don't like that trend at all. Only a few companies defy that trend so far. I don't like speculating, I don't enjoy buying and selling, I enjoy buying yields (i.e. investing for dividends and compounding), I am not a TA man. Just the fundamental basics, if it is undervalued I buy. I don't like selling (apart from recently).

interesting
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 3:30am On Mar 17, 2019
awesomeJ:

Exactly !

(1) (2) (3) ... (4397) (4398) (4399) (4400) (4401) (4402) (4403) ... (7792) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Prolificlife, lancee(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.