Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,388 members, 7,861,069 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:59 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (4412) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11070517 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4409) (4410) (4411) (4412) (4413) (4414) (4415) ... (7816) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Thinkbigga: 2:02pm On Mar 21, 2019
Please can someone help me with phone numbers with which I can reach veristas registrars concerning my Zenith bank dividend which I am yet to receive. I have called the official phone numbers severally but no one answered. I also sent them an email but no response.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 2:05pm On Mar 21, 2019
chocho1:
Please can somebody say a word about Nigeria Breweries...why the shares falling?

I have always maintained that NIGERIAN BREWERIES(NB PLC) is a sell from my end.
Stated it here when the price was slightly above N100. ...current price is @ N69.50 !!
Fundamentally, the coy is overpriced.
...and so unless ur investment horizon is of the long term, it makes sense to not be overly exposed to this coy.
The NSE recently reclassified the coy from high priced stock group to the medium priced stock group. ...a push back from category C to B.
It is not for nothing that the coys share price underperformed in 2018 !!

A quick financial line:

Am sure u are aware that the company recorded a post tax loss of over N3.6B in their Q3 financials driven by stiff competition on the back of a slow down in REVENUE MARGIN.
The major pressure point was occasioned by a decline in volume to single digit(the parent coy, Heineken did admit to this).
The company also couldn't pass the high exercise duty(a +36% YoY increment as at Q3) to its consumers.
To put things in perspective, the company just couldn't hike product pricing given the CONTRACTION in margin. ...in fact, the coy was forced to reverse any increase in product pricing on its key movable brands like Heineken, Life etc.
Again, there was a sharp drop in PROFITABILITY margin with gross profit alone down by near 27% to 18.6B on the back of a higher than expected OPEX line and a less proportionate decline in CoS over the corresponding period of 2017.
I expect the weakening of margins accross board to continue riding on into Q4.

Using a mix of valuation model and discounting for all risk, my FVE computes to N61 per equity share of NB. ...which is an approx 12% dowside to the current market price of N69.50.
However, a change in tide with certain key indices of their Q4 financial print might drive up the coys intrinsic value to approx N95. ...which is why I said unless ur investment horizon is of the long term, it makes sense to not be overly exposed to the coy for now.

Overall I think that INTERNATIONAL BREWERIES(IB PLC) is given NB a serious fight for spot in all front. The recent opening of the coys Sagamu plant which added an approx 2.5M hectoliters to its existing capacity, enabling the company to increase its presence in the country beyond the south-west may be decisive in the short to mid term. ...unless the management of NB sits up to the challenge.
1st, the company needs to optimize their cost input while deploying a more rigid and workable strategy with been INNOVATIVE !!

Given their current prices, I will pick IB ahead of NB.
...but that's just me. So due diligence is still advised as always pls.

My advise?
Pls follow ur instinct.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jideflash(m): 2:16pm On Mar 21, 2019
they are thieves, na so they dribble me too. they dont want you to collect ur dividends. send them an email, copy sec@sec.gov.ng

Thinkbigga:
Please can someone help me with phone numbers with which I can reach veristas registrars concerning my Zenith bank dividend which I am yet to receive. I have called the official phone numbers severally but no one answered. I also sent them an email but no response.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 2:25pm On Mar 21, 2019
Access Bank.

That 10m units bid at N7.15....

It is well.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:30pm On Mar 21, 2019
mendes911:
Access Bank.
It is well.
smiley
mendes911:
Access Bank.
It is well.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 2:34pm On Mar 21, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 2:39pm On Mar 21, 2019
Hope we all saw what happened during the 2:29:59 hr NSE play with Mr ACCESS?
When near 15M unit was mopped up from the offer side of trade @ N6.90 per share. ...which was just 25k shy of the day high of N7.15.
The stock has eventually closed @ same N6.90 today.

That play reminds me of a similar incident 'in the house of WEMA.'

We continue to observe !!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 3:02pm On Mar 21, 2019
The stock will be prone to all manipulations for now. Those bids will only be coming from those that sold their Access bank shares at higher prices and just waiting to buy back. It will be interesting to find out when these guys sold and what they bought with the proceeds. Have they started buying back?
onegentleguy:
Hope we all saw what happened during the 2:29:59 hr NSE play with Mr ACCESS?
When near 15M unit was mopped up from the offer side of trade @ N6.90 per share. ...which was just 25k shy of the day high of N7.15.
The stock has eventually closed @ same N6.90 today.

That play reminds me of a similar incident 'in the house of WEMA.'

We continue to observe !!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:06pm On Mar 21, 2019
mendes911:
Access Bank.

It is well.

Boss the market is going to 30k region again... I hope the support hold this time. wat do u advice ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 3:21pm On Mar 21, 2019
onegentleguy:

Could this be a 'preparatory stage' to an assumed post of a next CBN governor?
Mr Bismark Rewane, CEO/MD financial derivatives Ltd already has an ongoing ramance with the current political dispensation after been named as the head of the presidential advisory committee of the recently adjusted new minimum wage ealier this year.
...while the bank he leaves(FCMB), also seem to be playing out a good 'poker game' at the centre.
On the flip side, could it be the former(ACCESS) and NSE pres. Mr Aig Imoukhuede?
I believe a renowned economist like the 1st personality would be a welcome development for the country, at this time should the present CBN boss, Mr Godwin leave.
...but only if the our commander-in-chief can...

Away from CBN-related matters, something is happening in both banks.
I think that both stocks should be on any deserning investors watch list.

Disclosure: I will only 'marry' FCMB at this time, if I were to choose btw the 2. ...ACCESS? ...maybe, just maybe, later !!
Disclaimer: NOT to be perceived as any sought of recommendation.
rebekah2011:
The stock will be prone to all manipulations for now. Those bids will only be coming from those that sold their Access bank shares at higher prices and just waiting to buy back. It will be interesting to find out when these guys sold and what they bought with the proceeds. Have they started buying back?

If u ask me, who then shall I ask? smiley wink cheesy
I only know that something is happening in ACCESS and FCMB.(refer to the above post I put up a day before I keyed in to the former)
However, I can only advise u to look to have and work with the right mix of the coys current fundamental indices. ...and then balance it with the current posture in its technical and trend(sentiment) analysis. ...then u can get the right signal to initiate/generate a buy in line with ur INVESTMENT HORIZON.
But if u wouldn't do that, then stay off ACCESS. ...there are still a few other juicy opportunities in the market right now !!.
...or better still, follow ur instinct.

NOTE: Still NOT a recommendation.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 5:47pm On Mar 21, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Benz101: 5:49pm On Mar 21, 2019
Please Do I need to include shareholder’s account number while filling the e-mandate form? If Yes please where can I find it?

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 5:49pm On Mar 21, 2019
veecovee:
Pls from when is the then diamond bank share holders, going to start selling their newly converted access?...
I think after they must have consolidated everything and DMD appear as Access in your trading account. That shouldn't be long considering their date of commencing biz as one entity - which is April 1st, 2019, all things being equal.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 5:51pm On Mar 21, 2019
Mpeace:
Take away those risk factors and fair value should be 25
shocked Weldone sir. tongue
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:59pm On Mar 21, 2019
Benz101:
Please Do I need to include shareholder’s account number while filling the e-mandate form? If Yes please where can I find it?

There is no need.As long as your details matches what you have with ur broker.

Meanwhile if u're in lagos , visit there HQ in VI. or else it will take u 6-9mth to get paid..bookmark this for reference.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 6:02pm On Mar 21, 2019
Mpeace:
okayyyy. Make I call my car dealer to hold on for some few days.
Funny! grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by akinola98: 6:05pm On Mar 21, 2019
Please has anyone received APRIPUD dividend ??
they are meant to pay today
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 6:07pm On Mar 21, 2019
tritritri:

Boss the market is going to 30k region again... I hope the support hold this time. wat do u advice ?

Boss, I believe that without these FPI coming back to participate, NSE will go down.

People think that rolling out of policies will bring them back but they have seen how many policies that have been rolled out the past 4 years, so they are not really interested.

I see them coming back when we hit a very low level or maybe floating of our currency (or any other changes relating to foreign exchange).

I became very afraid when market refused to react very positive to Zenith Bank 2018 FY result.

I could be wrong though on my assumptions but that's the position am willing to take for now.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kampower: 6:09pm On Mar 21, 2019
Thinkbigga:

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 6:09pm On Mar 21, 2019
rebekah2011:

Access is been pushed up and it's even not so easy for the market marker. Offers kept over powering their strength, they had to pull a stunt at the last minute with 10m units bids at ₦7.15 but still could only close at ₦6.90. I will watch and see how much they are willing to spend. Very interesting. This reminds me of FCMB and their market marker
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Benz101: 6:11pm On Mar 21, 2019
tritritri:

There is no need.As long as your details matches what you have with ur broker.

Meanwhile if u're in lagos , visit there HQ in VI. or else it will take u 6-9mth to get paid..bookmark this for reference.
Thanks a lot. Highly appreciated.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 6:12pm On Mar 21, 2019
akinola98:
Please has anyone received APRIPUD dividend ??
they are meant to pay today
Pls confirm the date again. The AGM is scheduled to hold on 26th of March.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 6:16pm On Mar 21, 2019
mendes911:
Access is been pushed up and it's even not so easy for the market marker. Offers kept over powering their strength
I noticed that too. Think I made similar comment like 2days ago, that the more they were mopping offers, the more fresh ones keeps coming up. Access guys sure have an agenda. We keep watching them.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GonFreecss1: 6:50pm On Mar 21, 2019
mendes911:

Boss, I believe that without these FPI coming back to participate, NSE will go down.

People think that rolling out of policies will bring them back but they have seen how many policies that have been rolled out the past 4 years, so they are not really interested.

I see them coming back when we hit a very low level or maybe floating of our currency (or any other changes relating to foreign exchange).

I became very afraid when market refused to react very positive to Zenith Bank 2018 FY result.

I could be wrong though on my assumptions but that's the position am willing to take for now.

People should take the words of this man seriously, read what he is saying well, understand it well...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:51pm On Mar 21, 2019
mendes911:

thanks ..i'll wait and when it break 30k ...will reduce my position..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:54pm On Mar 21, 2019
tritritri:

Thank U...God bless U and everyone, But the problem i have, just one Green day, everyone remember to type and giv advice..1 red day.SILENT everywhere...

Lol

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:58pm On Mar 21, 2019
tritritri:

thanks ..i'll wait and when it break 30k ...will reduce my position..

Tritri, just look at you saying thanks to the unknown.
This market is defying the knowledge of men.
Why don't you look at stocks that are undervalued and fast to recover and invest knowing fully the stock market will be on it's path again....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 7:02pm On Mar 21, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:09pm On Mar 21, 2019
GonFreecss1:

People should take the words of this man seriously, read what he is saying well, understand it well...

Na only bull on osogbo weed fit move zenith
Not good result
Not even dividend
The stock is that useless
It got to 34 last year January because of the general rally..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 7:14pm On Mar 21, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:21pm On Mar 21, 2019
Yayira:

Na only bull on osogbo weed fit move zenith
Not good result
Not even dividend
The stock is that useless
It got to 34 last year January because of the general rally..

There certain group of people the stock wants to delist b4 the Northern journey.Are you among them?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 7:25pm On Mar 21, 2019

(1) (2) (3) ... (4409) (4410) (4411) (4412) (4413) (4414) (4415) ... (7816) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.