Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (4555) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10901174 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4552) (4553) (4554) (4555) (4556) (4557) (4558) ... (7756) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 7:52pm On May 07, 2019
This is MTN Group.
[1quote author=Coolcash1 post=78191954]

O boy, this MTN go sweet o...See dividend declared alone... shocked

[/quote]
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 7:58pm On May 07, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 8:02pm On May 07, 2019
maishai:

The Scam has already started...... If you are a retail investor better let Patience be your hallmark, #90 for a .02k stock, How much Dividend can a .02k stock earn you in the first 5 years...... Na uninformed people will rush into this.........

dont forget MTN is fresh from paying a huge fine to the Nigerian Government.

My brother my first caution sign in this MTN notice was when I saw 2kobo abi na 20kobo norminal value. angry

A 50kobo norminal value would at least have been more like it.
Notore pricing comes to mind.
As much as we are eager to make a kill in these firms, let's accomodate opinions that will help retail investors unmask details these Sharks may be trying to keep away from the unsuspecting public.
No one knows it all.
But what do I know sef?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Onuokwu: 8:35pm On May 07, 2019
No share listed on NSE can have a nominal value greater or less than 50k simply because it is the law.

In the days of private placements i.e. pre 2008, all of those companies had nominal values of N1 per share but post PP when they had to list, he split each share into 2 of 50k nominal value to comply with listing requirements.

That MTN release is a bit confusing to me but if the nominal value of each share is 2k, what this implies is that they have to consolidate 25 shares to create one share of 50k nominal value to enable them list on NSE. Ot implies that about 816 million ordinary shares of MTN of 50k nominal value each will be listed. It can't be any other way. Only shares of 50k nominal value can be listed on NSE as of today.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yom2(m): 9:18pm On May 07, 2019
rebekah2011:
The stock is valued between 80-85 naira per share. Dangote Cement has about 17b shares and it is selling for N181. The PAT of Mtn Nigeria for 2018 was N453b. It is poised to go higher this year, it, therefore, suggests that the outstanding shares are not too large.
OK sir pardon my ignorance; what is their share outstanding on jse and other exchanges? what is Boeign shares outstanding? after all the misfortune and bad publicity the share price only came down by 20%.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 9:30pm On May 07, 2019
MTN Nigeria is a subsidiary of MTN Group. It is a separate entity from the South African unit. The only problem is that it will be overpriced because there are no good regulator here. Wonder how they approved Notore at N62.50
yom2:
OK sir pardon my ignorance; what is their share outstanding on jse and other exchanges? what is Boeign shares outstanding? after all the misfortune and bad publicity the share price only came down by 20%.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yom2(m): 9:58pm On May 07, 2019
Deadlytruth:

Thank you for this interesting question. Before I answer it, permit me to narrate the story a little further so as to serve as a clearer premise to my answer.
What really attracted me to UNIONDAC were
1. Its prospective FA which I read on Stockwatch and were quite factual and compelling.
2. Professional Sentiments as in the fact that I am of the medical field hence I felt some professional solidarity and sympathy for the company.
After successfully subscribing for the UNIONDAC private placement, I went back home singing and dancing not knowing that it was just a flash in the pan.
Few weeks later, CHAMS private placement followed but I didn't get to hear about it until the very closing day hence I couldn't buy. This pained me to the bone not knowing that I actually escaped a trap. But here I am today with the same CHAMS having given me over 150% within less than four weeks that I bought it for the first time ever, while UNIONDAC captured me only to release me after 11 years by selling it for N0.39 when the Dollar had risen to N360 against the Naira despite buying at a weighted average of N1.20 at a time the Dollar was just N150.
If anything happens to really take CHAMS to N1.20 as being sentimentally speculated, then I will have successfully evened out on all the school fees I have ever paid since I started stock investment in 2004.
Now my overview based on all my experiences:

1. No stock is worth falling in love with for any reason whatsoever on earth as long as it is not your father's company.

2. Long term investment philosophy on NSE is pure suicide mission.

3. Take any momentary profit opportunity that falls on any stock in your portfolio regardless of how tiny the percentage is as long as it bellies your stockbroker's commission. Compared with staying on a stock for months and years hunting dividends, this practice actually gives you far more profit within a shorter time as it is a path of compound interest.

4. There is no particular winning formula on NSE. There might be such on NASDAQ, Daw Jones, etc; but not on NSE at least for now.

5. Never rely too much on FA except foreing investors are fully present on NSE.

6. Play the game as you see it being played rather than as you think it should be ideally played. While a commitment to ideals is good, unfortunately reality is not dictated by it.

7. Then most importantly, always be on the lookout for the next news of takeover of an ailing company on NSE, buy the stock, but never let the euphoria of the appreciation that follows make you buy a mattress for it.
21 GBOSA FOR U!!! U get d drift.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by laydap: 10:22pm On May 07, 2019
rebekah2011:
MTN Nigeria is a subsidiary of MTN Group. It is a separate entity from the South African unit. The only problem is that it will be overpriced because there are no good regulator here. Wonder how they approved Notore at N62.50

Sir Yom2, in my humble opinion, the key word is the valuation of the Nigerian entity of MTN which we understand to be $5billion from the Reuters report posted earlier by OGG. This at N360/$1 exchange rate translates to a valuation of N1.8Trillion for MTN Nigeria. Now at listing, the total value/market cap of the shares in issue must equal the entity valuation. So my thinking for why MTN decided on the relatively huge 20.4Billion outstanding shares at listing is that MTN wanted to make this retail investor friendly and thus they had to split the par value from N1 to 2kobo by splitting 1 share into 50 units (i.e. from about approx. 400m MTN Nigeria shares outstanding pre-listing to circa 20billion shares at listing)

If they had gone ahead with the N1 par value and listed the erstwhile 400m shares, then the listing price would have been about N4,500 per share to arrive at the N1.8Trillion valuation. We will agree that N4,500 per share would have been seen as not retail investor friendly particularly as opening up the ownership of MTN Nigeria to the wider Nigerian investor population being one of the intent of getting them to list on the NSE in the first place. This explains the split to 20.4billion shares.

To the potential listing price estimated to be within the N80 –N90 per share range and the question if this is on the high side, we should rather be looking at the indicative references like EPS, P/E, Price to book, dividend yield e.t.c which however have not been disclosed by MTN for now but should be made public when the offer document is formally out. But the attached presentation from last year before the earlier planned 2018 offer was called off should provide some insights on EBITDA, Finance cost, effective tax rate, dividend payout ratio e.t.c. Also recall that 2018 FYE EBITDA for MTN Nigeria was about N453Billon so we can have a rough guide on possible EPS on 20billion shares (Discounting Finance cost, Depreciation, Tax et al)

https://www.mtn.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/ADP-​MTN-Nigeria-Investor-day-presentation-–-20-April-2018.pdf

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 10:24pm On May 07, 2019
If LIVERPOOL can beat BARCA 4:0 to overturn a 3:0.deficit in a CHAMPIONS LEAGUE semifinal match.

That means that's hope for UNIONDAC to pay dividend this year. cool

Messi right now grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by swilo: 10:33pm On May 07, 2019
PETERiCHY:
If LIVERPOOL can beat BARCA 4:0 to overturn a 3:0.deficit in a CHAMPIONS LEAGUE semifinal match.

That means that's hope for UNIONDAC to pay dividend this year. cool

Messi right now grin grin grin

Wow... Undeniably awesome. Well worked out with grace. Even tho this is not the right platform, I expect this Liverpool win to usher in some more bulls in the market tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by hisexcellency34: 10:43pm On May 07, 2019
Breaking: FG Moves To Probe Oscar Onyema, NSE DG Over Alleged Sharp Practices
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:14pm On May 07, 2019
Why I will gamble and take a bet on MTN Nigeria listing.

With deep sentimental and political analysis, I will key into the initial public offering on the following ground.

The appointment of malam Sanusi, Thabo mbeki and Mzebici Jonah into MTN board in the recent reorganization in both Nigeria and SA.They are men of Timber and caliber that would not tolerate corporate recklessness. They have their integrity at stake.

MTN is an Automated Teller Machine that specializes in printing Recharge cards, it means they print money every day, for both today and they already printed the money for the month of June when we are still in May. I. E they trade the present and the future. They can stand rough financial and political weather, including the hurricanes , tornadoes and tsunamis.

The growing Nigeria population is the biggest joker.
We all see the success of jumia listing on NYSE. MTN is a core investor. and the Nigeria population is the underlying success story of jumia.

The great undervalued of all the listed stocks on the Nigeria bourse. is long overdue for a rescuer. I see MTN as the driving equity that will provide a feedback mechanism that might bring in the foreign raiders to the market.

MTN is unavoidable and undesirable in the Nigeria contest., we might just need to ignore the weak and unexisting lifeless regulators in Nigeria and focus on the fact that MTN is a ready made corporate entity in Nigeria, not a work in progress like chams, UNIONDAC, notore etc. I can deduce that 30% of mobile data being used on Nairaland is provided by MTN. 1 out of 50 Nigerian use MTN airtime and data daily

We should not just look at only the negatives around MTN, otherwise the fund managers will take the advantage of this forceful listing.and mop up the shares by using dubious proxies.

Lastly, the share might not appreciate in dividends yield but will appreciate in price yield.. It might not take 5 years for the share price to overtake dangote cement and Nestlé regardless of the uncertainty in investment returns.
As usual DD is strongly advised.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 1:07am On May 08, 2019
Mcy56:
So I should mention this: Meristem Registrar seems to be good too.
I filled e-div form, send to them via mail and received a confirmation reply from them that they already uploaded my form to my bank for approval.
I even received a call from their office. It surprised me that this one actually knows what's right and following it.
Will update if there's further development. grin
Ma if individual is allowed to choose registrar (which is not possible) I will choose Meristem for all my portfolio. They don't join others in singing the registrar general anthem (no signature specimen, fill transfer form)

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 1:10am On May 08, 2019
ndidigood:
Classy and very professional brokers except their trading %
But they are accessible and available. Their live chat is effective unlike GTL-Registrars and even their toll free line

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 2:11am On May 08, 2019
Good morning good people of NSEMPA. I took a very long break from the market.
Been searching for Access Bank related information. Please if there has been any recent analysis here, kindly quote it for me.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 2:45am On May 08, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 3:52am On May 08, 2019
Godlylifeoneart:

With deep sentimental and political analysis, I will key into the initial public offering on the following ground.

The appointment of malam Sanusi, Thabo mbeki and Mzebici Jonah into MTN board in the recent reorganization in both Nigeria and SA.They are men of Timber and caliber that would not tolerate corporate recklessness. They have their integrity at stake.

MTN is an Automated Teller Machine that specializes in printing Recharge cards, it means they print money every day, for both today and they already printed the money for the month of June when we are still in May. I. E they trade the present and the future. They can stand rough financial and political weather, including the hurricanes , tornadoes and tsunamis.

We all see the success of jumia listing on NYSE. MTN is a core investor. and the Nigeria population is the underlying success story of jumia.

The great undervalued of all the listed stocks on the Nigeria bourse. is long overdue for a rescuer. I see MTN as the driving equity that will provide a feedback mechanism that might bring in the foreign raiders to the market.

MTN is unavoidable and undesirable in the Nigeria contest., we might just need to ignore the weak and unexisting lifeless regulators in Nigeria and focus on the fact that MTN is a ready made corporate entity in Nigeria, not a work in progress like chams, UNIONDAC, notore etc. I can deduce that 30% of mobile data being used on Nairaland is provided by MTN. 1 out of 50 Nigerian use MTN airtime and data daily

We should not just look at only the negatives around MTN, otherwise the fund managers will take the advantage of this forceful listing.and mop up the shares by using dubious proxies.

Lastly, the share might not appreciate in dividends yield but will appreciate in price yield.. It might not take 5 years for the share price to overtake dangote cement and Nestlé regardless of the uncertainty in investment returns.

Get a man to taste stolen goods and he will never complain of Bribery........

The good news is that the elites are cashing out, everyone knows MTN is a cash cow, the crux of the matter is we the retail shareholders receive our paycheck after the bottom line when all manner of deductions have been made........

The nestle model(management european) has been to reward long time shareholders majorly FPIs with handsome dividend
The Dangote model(management Indian) is to reward Dangote(every Nigerian knows he is a proxy to the most powerful politicians inn the land) with handsome dividend
with time we will see the mtn model(management south african),

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by cornwall: 4:21am On May 08, 2019
Mcy56:

So, in essence, you're saying.................... we should play on with J ? lipsrsealed grin
....but its better to watch market reaction first. smiley

Caveat updated: Nobody should quote me, na kwesion I ask cornwall. grin
Not only kwesion, what of kweyri angry
At 7pm shouldn’t you be in the kitchen doing your job; preparing to make dinner? tongue

I figured Dipo’s heading was a bit too alarmist and not mentioning some other details. The Mareva Injunction obtained by Access bank since January was an abuse of judicial process and has been lifted by the high court of Justice Aneke.
This is obviously what is causing the Japaul rally.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by edwardaigb: 4:28am On May 08, 2019
cornwall:

Read it carefully, better still read from PROSHARE, their article is more detailed and less sensational.

Japaul Plc’s Access Bank Burden: Excessive Charges Unhinge Relationship As FHC Vacates Mareva Order https://www.proshareng.com/news/Frauds---Scandals/Japaul-Plc%E2%80%99s-Access-Bank-Burden--Exces/45215

The case of Japaul Oil & Maritime Services Plc, who acknowledges the debt owed its bankers, Access Bank Plc but has a higher counter-claim as evidenced by the forensic report is the latest. The company has been under a MAREVA order obtained by the bank since January 15, 2019 that has all but crippled the ability of the listed entity to function as a viable going concern.

Today, the Federal High Court (FHC) in the Lagos Judicial Division before Justice C. J. Aneke, recently won a court judgment against its banker Access Bank Plc over wherein it challenged the MAREVA order successfully.

Enter The Forensic Audit

To validate its internal accounting findings, the board of Japaul approved for a forensic audit to be commissioned and engaged the services of the reputable firm of Messrs Forensic Consulting whose report was received in July 2018. The report according to the marine service company showed that Japaul had been the subject of alleged excessive bank charges to [b]the sum of N18.7bn and $94m [/b]through a review of its transaction history with the bank.

Matters in Contention

Japaul claimed in the court papers that it had approached Access Bank to complain about the exorbitant charges it noticed in its corporate account with the bank after an internal financial audit. The company requested that the excess charges be reversed and duly credited back into its account.

Recall that in Guaranty Trust Bank Plc v. Innoson Nig. Ltd.

This might be a blessing.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 6:00am On May 08, 2019
edwardaigb:

This might be a blessing.
I doubt if the bolded is true. That is, I doubt the claim of excessive charges to the tune of 18.7 billion naira, and $94million.
If you put that sum together you have about 51billion naira in excessive charges.
I doubt that japaul paid 50billion in excessive charges on a loan of 47billion naira owed access bank (comprising 14billion to access bank and 33billion to former Diamond bank) Note that as at the time in January when the suit was commenced, it was just Access bank loan of 14billion that was in issue. So the writer of that article is alleging that japaul paid excessive charges of 50billion on a loan of 14billion. I doubt that too much, more so that japaul's yearly revenue is not even up to average of 3billion per annum.

I think this is fake news just like the milost one. I just pray pple's investment don't get burnt at the end.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by millennium2012: 8:32am On May 08, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Breaking: FG Moves To Probe Oscar Onyema, NSE DG Over Alleged Sharp Practices

Sources?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 9:05am On May 08, 2019
OakPearl:

My brother my first caution sign in this MTN notice was when I saw 2kobo abi na 20kobo norminal value. angry

A 50kobo norminal value would at least have been more like it.
Notore pricing comes to mind.
As much as we are eager to make a kill in these firms, let's accomodate opinions that will help retail investors unmask details these Sharks may be trying to keep away from the unsuspecting public.
No one knows it all.
But what do I know sef?

Nominal value means 'nothing' in reality smiley

Listing price is what you should be worried about. The listing price, the profit and earnings growth THEN the debt and cashflow should help you make a decision. The low Nominal value maybe to avoid huge listing fees
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 9:07am On May 08, 2019
Onuokwu:
No share listed on NSE can have a nominal value greater or less than 50k simply because it is the law.

In the days of private placements i.e. pre 2008, all of those companies had nominal values of N1 per share but post PP when they had to list, he split each share into 2 of 50k nominal value to comply with listing requirements.

That MTN release is a bit confusing to me but if the nominal value of each share is 2k, what this implies is that they have to consolidate 25 shares to create one share of 50k nominal value to enable them list on NSE. Ot implies that about 816 million ordinary shares of MTN of 50k nominal value each will be listed. It can't be any other way. Only shares of 50k nominal value can be listed on NSE as of today.

They will likely issue shares to existing shareholders. MTN South Africa may also be selling some of its shares in MTN Nigeria to retail investors
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 9:20am On May 08, 2019
wanaj0:

They will likely issue shares to existing shareholders. MTN South Africa may also be selling some of its shares in MTN Nigeria to retail investors
Meaning, the existing shareholders share will be brought forward when listed. Please does anyone have idea of their existing shareholders, per a unit share price in naira? And their 2018 final EPs and dividend paid per a share?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Michael11stock(m): 9:26am On May 08, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 9:30am On May 08, 2019
Chibuking81:

Meaning, the existing shareholders share will be brought forward when listed. Please does anyone have idea of their existing shareholders, per a unit share price in naira? And their 2018 final EPs and dividend paid per a share?
We don miss u.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Blackethics: 9:38am On May 08, 2019
Buying their IPO may not be as profitable as it's bin hype. That was how I jumped into multichoice but was disappointed. Anyway, let see how it will go. But for me, I will prefer to buy from the floor.

Godlylifeoneart:

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by light5(m): 9:40am On May 08, 2019
do you love solving maths question? its an opportunity to solve and earn cash as well at
Get paid every hour for solving our simple questions. Payments are instant and registration is FREE!!! Solve and Earn big at >> https://nairax.me refferal id is 1457
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by laydap: 10:03am On May 08, 2019
Chibuking81:

The existing shareholding structure is; MTN International - 75.8% , Nigerian Investors - 18.7% , Others - 5.5% (i.e PIC 1.7% and MTN NIC BV 2.8%). MTN is targeting a free float of about 30% so I presume they will sell down around 10% to retail investors to achieve the free float target. The 10% translates to about $500m or N180billion if we are to go by the $5billion valuation of MTN Nigeria in the Reuters report. This is about 2bilion shares of the 20.3b shares registered with SEC to go to retail investors to achieve the 30% free float.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:15am On May 08, 2019
cornwall:
Not only kwesion, what of kweyri angry At 7pm shouldn’t you be in the kitchen doing your job; preparing to make dinner? tongue
I figured Dipo’s heading was a bit too alarmist and not mentioning some other details. The Mareva Injunction obtained by Access bank since January was an abuse of judicial process and has been lifted by the high court of Justice Aneke. This is obviously what is causing the Japaul rally.
You ehhnnn, dinner ko, night food ni. grin grin
Okay. We see how the game plays out. tongue
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yok: 10:53am On May 08, 2019
DAILY STOCK MARKET GUIDE FOR 08 MAY 2019

MSCI on 7 May continues with buying sterling bank no other movement in the fund’s portfolio. Time to soft pedal on this market, bearish sentiment too high.

Caution: This is for information purpose only. Data used are assumed to be correct. However, you may want to verify the data from an appropriate source. Also, Institutions can afford to suffer big losses without going burst compared with an individual, you cannot follow them blindly (you need to at least have some knowledge/your own plan). This document remains the personal property of Target technical analysis (https://twitter.com/AnalysisTarget) and is not to be distributed without our authorization.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by austinkenneth: 10:55am On May 08, 2019
Coolcash1:

I concur with the bolded...It's a tedious and unnecessary way of frustrating investors. Perhaps its strategy to make them give up on the process and not follow through on their benefits...Like you said, patience is the key. Plan to follow up with united securities on my Diamond cash consideration this am and feed the house back... grin

Any feedback as regards your dealings with United Securities?

(1) (2) (3) ... (4552) (4553) (4554) (4555) (4556) (4557) (4558) ... (7756) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: aimaft and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.