Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,630 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (4602) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10893201 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4599) (4600) (4601) (4602) (4603) (4604) (4605) ... (7753) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 11:16pm On May 23, 2019
yom2:
and for how long shall we keep doing this? is there no smarter alternative?

unfortunately no.... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 11:17pm On May 23, 2019
rebekah2011:
Financials of MTNN for Q1 returned PAT of 48b There is a fine of 55b to pay by month end. It implies that Q2 may be a loss. The the other 2 quarters will return 100b combined. Making the full year PAT to be around N150b. EPS will be around N7. When you look at the Attorney General case of 2b dollars matter. It is difficult to say MTNN this year will not be challenged. But 2020 upwards, we can look at MTNN selling between N200 and N250

Note that Q1 PAT is after payment of a fine of 55b(31st March. So, by flat extrapolation, Q2 PAT(after this month end fine) will be 48b, Q3 and Q4 103b each. FY PAT - 302b. Without any fine, full year PAT should be 412b, with EPS of about #20.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yom2(m): 11:26pm On May 23, 2019
Coolcash1:

unfortunately no.... grin

OK because u won chop dolar rise? Nigeria I hail o!!! we better get more creative. And when I say creative I don't mean the destructive and disruptive yahoo yahoo kind of creativity but constructive and pamarrnent problem solving ideas that can earn us global reckoning

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 11:56pm On May 23, 2019
A screenshot of MTNN's 2018 FYE highlights from Proshare. Take note of the EBITDA of 453b for guidance.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:11am On May 24, 2019
"The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work."
~Thomas A. Edison

"You cannot afford to wait for perfect conditions. Goal setting is often a matter of balancing timing against available resources. Opportunities are easily lost while waiting for perfect conditions."
~Gary Ryan Blair

"To succeed, jump as quickly at opportunities as you do at conclusions."
~Benjamin Franklin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:22am On May 24, 2019
"Between uncertainties, difficulties and failures is the many 'gift packs' from the stock market.
...and inside those 'gifts' are smaller 'packs' with obstacles but which are sealed with CRAFT.
Yet, down inside are even more 'packs' of OPPORTUNITY."
~Sinclair

"I know of a man who has lost far much more than he has ever taken from the stock market.
...he is an investor, but his 1st name is INEPTNESS, while his other names are FEAR and GREED."
~Sinclair

"The stock market is like an unending race with plenty of obstacles and more 'virtual than real spectators' running with u.
...but along the way, it ALWAYS rewards those who 'can see through the other side of those obstacles' and run it WITHOUT tiring out."
~Sinclair

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by edwardaigb: 4:51am On May 24, 2019
chillykelly86:

Note that Q1 PAT is after payment of a fine of 55b(31st March. So, by flat extrapolation, Q2 PAT(after this month end fine) will be 48b, Q3 and Q4 103b each. FY PAT - 302b. Without any fine, full year PAT should be 412b, with EPS of about #20.

How true is this?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 8:53am On May 24, 2019
What is happening in conoil? Seems some people have seen the result.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:17am On May 24, 2019
chillykelly86:

It is not true.

EBITDA is different from PAT.

It is with PAT that you calculate EPS abd not using EBITDA.

EBITDA ~ Earnings Before Interest Tax Depreciation and Amortization

PAT ~ Profit After Tax

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 9:28am On May 24, 2019
OFFERS COMING TO PALESTINE, FIRST IT WAS SAUDI OFFERING 10 BLLION DOLLARS,
NOW, IT'S THE U.S.A. CAN PALESTINE ...

https://www.nairaland.com/3560501/holineness-righteousness-revival-messages-bible/22#78614396
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PharmAlfred: 10:33am On May 24, 2019
MTN is now available O. Don't say you didn't see it.

Meanwhile, NSE is perpetually bland. A different president would have brought spice to this market but we are stuck with Buhari for the next 4years. Any hope in sight?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:36am On May 24, 2019
PharmAlfred:
MTN is now available O. Don't say you didn't see it.

Meanwhile, NSE is perpetually bland. A different president would have brought spice to this market but we are stuck with Buhari for the next 4years. Any hope in sight?

Humans tend to stay off when the price is falling abd rush to queue up when the price is gaining massively. That is why no one will listen to your talk to buy MTNN now grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yok: 10:47am On May 24, 2019
DAILY STOCK MARKET GUIDE FOR 24 MAY 2019
MSCI seems not to be happy with Nigeria, wave of heavy selling.

This selling may continue if other equities are stagnant and fails to join the MTN upward trend. Also, others not going up may equally drag MTN down except some of the foreign funds start buying MTN Nigeria?

Caution: This is for information purpose only. Data used are assumed to be correct. However, you may want to verify the data from an appropriate source. Also, Institutions can afford to suffer big losses without going burst compared with an individual, you cannot follow them blindly (you need to at least have some knowledge/your own plan). This document remains the personal property of Target technical analysis (https://twitter.com/AnalysisTarget) and is not to be distributed without our authorization.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PharmAlfred: 10:53am On May 24, 2019
RabbiDoracle:

Humans tend to stay off when the price is falling abd rush to queue up when the price is gaining massively. That is why no one will listen to your talk to buy MTNN now grin

You are right. That's the natural human behaviour. We buy what our friend has bought.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 10:57am On May 24, 2019
Theresa May Resigns, Brexit comes into focus again

Anti Europe / right wing tending towards majority in European Parliament

Escalation of USA / China Trade wars

Dark clouds over Global Economy

Time to slowdown a little cause things might get a little bit worse before it get better (as it would surely do)

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:04am On May 24, 2019
Some companies don tire of dumping, just dey do stronghead today, no buying/selling of a single unit so far. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 11:10am On May 24, 2019
robobo:
Theresa May Resigns, Brexit comes into focus again

Anti Europe / right wing tending towards majority in European Parliament

Escalation of USA / China Trade wars

Dark clouds over Global Economy

Time to slowdown a little cause things might get a little bit worse before it get better (as it would surely do)

when there seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel, its the right time for tigers to go hunting... grin grin grin
I love to start buying at periods of high uncertainty, when there is no piece of good news anywhere... grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:13am On May 24, 2019
Tritritri you no buy mtn ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:15am On May 24, 2019
DeRuggedProf:

when there seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel, its the right time for tigers to go hunting... grin grin grin
I love to start buying at periods of high uncertainty, when there is no piece of good news anywhere... grin

Lolz
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:17am On May 24, 2019
Has caverton been marked down?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 11:19am On May 24, 2019
Yayira:
yes...dividend has been paid

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:25am On May 24, 2019
Princkez:
yes...dividend has been paid

Ok.. thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:25am On May 24, 2019
Yayira:
Tritritri you no buy mtn ?

Lol..i dey craze...make i reduce my loss first...i never knew sey dis biz dey useless ooh..in less dan 2week i dan loss my MARCH profit finish.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 11:27am On May 24, 2019
Yayira:

I have even eaten generations of the vegetables that benefited from Caverton's initial manure.... grin

I am just quoting Agba... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 11:31am On May 24, 2019
tritritri:

Lol..i dey craze...make i reduce my loss first...i never knew sey dis biz dey useless ooh..in less dan 2week i dan loss my MARCH profit finish.

grin grin grin grin grin

Always be very reluctant to take new positions after a great win, take your time, same with dividend.
Don't deploy dividend too quickly.
Money need time to cool down, never chase the next hot thing with money just out of Vietnam.... grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 11:37am On May 24, 2019
How I wish Fidelity will do 1.5. I need some units. Access better continue from where they stopped in q1, as per PAT. Q2 would be delicious if they do. Waco, I am coming.
Na by this time I dey buy.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 11:39am On May 24, 2019
RabbiDoracle:

It is not true.

EBITDA is different from PAT.

It is with PAT that you calculate EPS abd not using EBITDA.

EBITDA ~ Earnings Before Interest Tax Depreciation and Amortization

PAT ~ Profit After Tax

Oga, what's not true in my post? Funny enough, the post you quoted made no mention of EBITDA.

However, for investors to be properly guided on MTN, a company that has been paying chunks of money in fines, its EBITDA is a way of guaging its earnings potentials without the fines.

I am not here to monkey-hunt for MTN, but its important people get a truer picture and then make their decisions.

Disclosure: I have got some units and bidding for more at suitable prices. I am a long term investor.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 11:39am On May 24, 2019
Charts are great tools, however, interpreting them accurately, when you are loaded with cash is very rare.... grin
A company's beautiful performance does not always entice the share price into early marriage... grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:39am On May 24, 2019
DeRuggedProf:

I have even eaten generations of the vegetables that benefited from Caverton's initial manure.... grin

I am just quoting Agba... grin

Lol..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 11:43am On May 24, 2019
Mpeace:
How I wish Fidelity will do 1.5. I need some units. Access better continue from where they stopped in q1, as per PAT. Q2 would be delicious if they do. Waco, I am coming.

Did you ever think it will get back here when it reached N2.9 last time?
Keep looking at the weather... grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:44am On May 24, 2019
Mpeace:

How far ? You don collect your 1 naira?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:48am On May 24, 2019
I don die ooo.. ha! Which kind wahala be this with me and unitedsecuritie !!!
1 naira they don’t want to pay me
Caverton dividend they don’t want to pay me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4599) (4600) (4601) (4602) (4603) (4604) (4605) ... (7753) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: delvzy(m), mails4funshi(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.