Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,798 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (4752) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10900673 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4749) (4750) (4751) (4752) (4753) (4754) (4755) ... (7756) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 9:14am On Aug 07, 2019
RabbiDoracle:
So long as you are buying low, you don't need to lose sleep.
Once the direction of the market changes, just stop buying. grin
Thanks boss.
Sigh! Averaging down is not a crime after-all. smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 9:24am On Aug 07, 2019
RabbiDoracle:
Leave Yayi, she is on holiday. Most people are on holiday.
Investors brought in USD chasing Fixed income instruments. After every, they will cash out from fixed income and then plough into undervalued stocks. Once they get into stocks now, expect acceleration in stock prices and the locals playing catch-up. Just be prepared.
Alright sir. Thanks.
Im also on holiday anyway and as for that Yayi, i just wanted her to keep provoking when reading my posts in her ghost land ni. Her head shouldn't swell too much cos of my mention. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PharmAlfred: 9:26am On Aug 07, 2019
Thing about this market is that, even the stock broking firms will be crying. The Daily traded volume is so low. Wonder how much commission they will be earning to take care of staff expenses and other cost. Retail traders are not the only ones affected.

Even the US market that has a trade war with China has bounced back.
Next Level people, is this your govt?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ibitoyejnr(m): 9:34am On Aug 07, 2019
PharmAlfred:
Thing about this market is that, even the stock broking firms will be crying. The Daily traded volume is so low. Wonder how much commission they will be earning to take care of staff expenses and other cost. Retail traders are not the only ones affected.

it totally different at edgefield sir. Good morning sir.
We are Edgefield capital management limited. A member of the Nigeria stock exchange (NSE) a stock broking company/investment banking company.
Our services include
INVESTMENT ADVISORY E.G portfolio review, investment appraisal, setting up optimal asset allocation, portfolio rebalancing, diversification mechanism
STOCKBROKING SERVICES: Which include purchase and sale of equities (NASD & NSE), purchase and sale of debt securities, listing of companies on the Nigeria stock exchange, admission of companies to trade on NASD PLATFORM
There is nothing better than having love and financial security; we give you that in abundance.
Our office is located at 2. Tokunbo alli street, off toyin street, Ikeja Lagos. E-mail: info@edgefieldng.com Website: www.edgefieldng.com. Whatsap @08116102757
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bomboclad: 9:35am On Aug 07, 2019
Peeps should apply any method that works for them. Good morning Madam Mcy56

Mcy56:

Thanks boss.
Sigh! Averaging down is not a crime after-all. smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bizibi(m): 9:46am On Aug 07, 2019
PharmAlfred:

it has bounced back but no one knows what will happen next because the war is likely to take some time.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 9:47am On Aug 07, 2019
Bomboclad:
Peeps should apply any method that works for them. Good morning Madam Mcy56
Right!
Thanks. A wonderful morning to you too Sir. cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 10:04am On Aug 07, 2019
Offloaded all my Continental Reinsurance plc this morning.

No positive news from them for now
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:17am On Aug 07, 2019
OBAGADAFFI:
Offloaded all my Continental Reinsurance plc this morning. No positive news from them for now
You never offload until they buy am na.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by tiar: 10:17am On Aug 07, 2019
Those of you that keep looking at foreign investors to bail out your stock market need to look INWARD!

Locals are avoiding their own market but, foreign investors will not?

Ask Nigerian companies to BUY BACK their shares since the shares are apparently cheap. Return money into the hands of investors...

No policies are being taken to support the stock market. MPR needs to drop down to at least 11% to discourage idling of funds.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 10:18am On Aug 07, 2019
Mcy56:

You never offload until they buy am na.

That buying process has been suspended.

It has been trading on Red since monday
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yok: 10:24am On Aug 07, 2019
DAILY STOCK MARKET GUIDE FOR 7 AUGUST 2019

NSE Allshare Index has lost 12.42% as at close of market on 6 August 2019. This is the reason why you need to slow down/reduce your exposure to equities for now. MSCI is still quiet, I will not be surprised if the next move by the fund is to exit some position!!!

As a farmer, will you want to be planting in the dry season? Naturally NO.

If we need to buy at all, we limit ourselves to liquid and fundamentally sound equities. Also, we are to buy at the lowest possible prices. There is high probability that prices will continue falling even up to next week (holiday period is ahead, which translate to less participants/demand in the market).

All these idea is coming from the stage analysis. NSE Allshare index is in stage 4, the bulk of the major equities are in stage 4. One will be crazy to be an aggressive buyer in this market.

Caution: This is for information purpose only. Data used are assumed to be correct. However, you may want to verify the data from an appropriate source. Also, Institutions can afford to suffer big losses without going burst compared with an individual, you cannot follow them blindly (you need to at least have some knowledge/your own plan). This document remains the personal property of Target technical analysis https://twitter.com/AnalysisTarget

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:37am On Aug 07, 2019
OBAGADAFFI:
That buying process has been suspended. It has been trading on Red since monday
Yes. Just saying you needed a buyer to sell.
This NSE can fumble at times, court suspended the sale and they just quietly lifted suspension on its trading with no further info at all.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 10:57am On Aug 07, 2019
Mcy56:

Yes. Just saying you needed a buyer to sell.
This NSE can fumble at times, court suspended the sale and they just quietly lifted suspension on its trading with no further info at all.

That is NSE for you.

Well, already got a buyer and sold all my holding.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 11:24am On Aug 07, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 11:41am On Aug 07, 2019
OBAGADAFFI:
Offloaded all my Continental Reinsurance plc this morning.

No positive news from them for now

My Oga

D u mean the mgt is not going through on the delisting / capital restructuring again

i tot SEC only told them to do another Court Ordered Meeting, that shldnt be something be that hard to acheive naaa

wld appr8 ur thot
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 12:07pm On Aug 07, 2019
robobo:

My Oga

D u mean the mgt is not going through on the delisting / capital restructuring again

i tot SEC only told them to do another Court Ordered Meeting, that shldnt be something be that hard to acheive naaa

wld appr8 ur thot

Well there is no information about the meeting for now.

According to the Exchange, trading resumed on the shares of Continental Reinsurance with effect from Thursday, July 18, 2019.

The Exchange stated that the suspension was lifted to allow shareholders trade on their shares pending the reconvening of the meeting and announcement of a new effective date by the company.

https://www.marketscreener.com/CONTINENTAL-REINSURANCE-P-50425736/news/Continental-Reinsurance-SEC-cancels-ConRe-s-acquisition-meeting-orders-new-meeting-28936452/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 12:37pm On Aug 07, 2019
bigjay01:

If the Access-Diamond bank transaction is anything to go by, then 0% deduction is expected

Thank you chief
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by CashDiMkpa: 12:43pm On Aug 07, 2019
OBAGADAFFI:

Well there is no information about the meeting for now.

According to the Exchange, trading resumed on the shares of Continental Reinsurance with effect from Thursday, July 18, 2019.

The Exchange stated that the suspension was lifted to allow shareholders trade on their shares pending the reconvening of the meeting and announcement of a new effective date by the company.

https://www.marketscreener.com/CONTINENTAL-REINSURANCE-P-50425736/news/Continental-Reinsurance-SEC-cancels-ConRe-s-acquisition-meeting-orders-new-meeting-28936452/

These guys will probably not convene another meeting till that stock drops below N1. They can then take it on the cheap.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 07, 2019
Mcy56:

Alright sir. Thanks.
Im also on holiday anyway and as for that Yayi, i just wanted her to keep provoking when reading my posts in her ghost land ni. Her head shouldn't swell too much cos of my mention. grin

Seems ur missing her? u shd av her digit to ring her once a while.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 12:53pm On Aug 07, 2019
CashDiMkpa:

These guys will probably not convene another meeting till that stock drops below N1. They can then take it on the cheap.

That is probably the plan
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 12:59pm On Aug 07, 2019
OBAGADAFFI:

That is probably the plan

shebi dem don offer 2.10 and dem no wan collect

they must surely collect 1.10 las las grin grin grin

Nigeria i hail thee
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigsmoke2(m): 1:03pm On Aug 07, 2019
Pls am a novice inherited very large volume of stocks but the value is fast dropping. I've approached a number of brokage firms who all become desperate once they sight my dematerializaton form. only excepton was ibtc but they require 5millon cash deposit to trade with them. even though my stock is worth way more than that. All others have been disturbing me with calls and messages. I just need general advice from gurus in the house. I've read a lot of scaring things about stock broking world such as unauthorized sales of shares etc. From my deduction one needs to thread with caution in the broking world. So as not to loose all that money. A firm billed me 10% for indemnity in an attempt to make so much money from my stocks while ibtc only asked for 1% of stock value Kindly advise me so I don't jump in bed with a crafty brokage firm. Also can I open multiple accounts account with different brokage firms just like bank account or I can only move my account from one firm to another like pension.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 1:07pm On Aug 07, 2019
RabbiDoracle:

At N18, the dividend yield after deducting WHT is 14%.

This is more than what you will get in Tbills.

I won't be surprised if smart monies start moving in to lock into the yields.

The truth remains that you can't outbuy the foreigners once they start to buy. We can only be chasing daily tops to see what we fill our orders when they are in.

Like I always say, as we are obsese, gentle dey crawl enter the event hall before slim people start to come. Take your seat and relax. When it is time, the door go close by itself. grin

who knows If Jim Ovia is secretly buying to resell @ the rebound of the economy......Its their tye that offload 500 million unit @ a go
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 1:16pm On Aug 07, 2019
bigsmoke2:
Pls am a novice inherited very large volume of stocks but the value is fast dropping. I've approached a number of brokage firms who all become desperate once they sight my dematerializaton form. only excepton was ibtc but they require 5millon cash deposit to trade with them. even though my stock is worth way more than that. All others have been disturbing me with calls and messages. I just need general advice from gurus in the house. I've read a lot of scaring things about stock broking world such as unauthorized sales of shares etc. From my deduction one needs to thread with caution in the broking world. So as not to loose all that money. A firm billed me 10% for indemnity in an attempt to make so much money from my stocks while ibtc only asked for 1% of stock value Kindly advise me so I don't jump in bed with a crafty brokage firm. Also can I open multiple accounts account with different brokage firms just like bank account or I can only move my account from one firm to another like pension.

IMO I think you should first open account with any regular stockbroking firm like a normal client. Meristem will only require an initial 10,000. United capital appeared to ask for 250k at some point for starters but there are so many good stockbroking firm out there. And the time to fear stockbrokers is gone once you open an account with the prominent ones. Other people may suggest additional names.

Also, I am not aware of any charges for indemnity. United capital charged me 500 naira flat on any certificate irrespective of the worth of the stock. So, I think it is wrong to charge in percentage. Only when you ask the stock to be sold would they ask for commission.

I will also suggest that after dematerialisation you may wish to hold the stocks for now, especially if they are dividend paying stocks; there is no point selling them at half or 30% of what they are worth. The market will still pick up someday.

Lastly, try and visit the registrar for each company and process the e-dividend mandate. You never know how much they may be owing you in accumulated dividend.

Cheers!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 1:17pm On Aug 07, 2019
bigsmoke2:

My brother jeje dey waka......Stocks that went down will surely go u................. please go and cough up the required #5million ibtc is asking about for professional and prompt work...............It pays to ride with the big Guys since this is an inheritance and you have not learnt the rudiments of the game..............

Your work just started( demat) ...............It is going to take at least a year
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 1:20pm On Aug 07, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 1:28pm On Aug 07, 2019
dipoolowoo:
MTN Nigeria, Others to Pay Dividend This Month
https://businesspost.ng/2019/08/07/mtn-nigeria-others-to-pay-dividend-this-month/

NURTW Picks Universal Insurance to Insure Drivers, Passengers
https://businesspost.ng/2019/08/07/nurtw-picks-universal-insurance-to-insure-drivers-passengers/

2Baba Joins Nigerian Stock Exchange
https://businesspost.ng/2019/08/07/2baba-joins-nigerian-stock-exchange/

What sort of marketing ploy is this............abeg 2 baba should reain in showbiz o............
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 1:30pm On Aug 07, 2019
DOLLARTEX:
easykobo.com, 20years draw down.

Thanks bro.
I am on that site daily but I never explored them well enough.
Hoping it will serve my purpose.
Appreciate.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 1:30pm On Aug 07, 2019
Awon clowns lo n manage NSE now. opportunities to allow some boys chop no ni
maishai:

What sort of marketing ploy is this............abeg 2 baba should reain in showbiz o............
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Krisuba: 1:31pm On Aug 07, 2019
2Baba Joins Nigerian Stock Exchange
https://businesspost.ng/2019/08/07/2baba-joins-nigerian-stock-exchange/[/quote]

Is he d long awaited Messiah??

(1) (2) (3) ... (4749) (4750) (4751) (4752) (4753) (4754) (4755) ... (7756) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: leparj(m), Amiscomyr(m), lancee(m), floydmayweather and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.