Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,462 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (4908) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10919211 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4905) (4906) (4907) (4908) (4909) (4910) (4911) ... (7764) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:13pm On Oct 08, 2019
musty00:

Fidelity is likely to rally first because of the 1 month delay in FCMB Q3 result.

It won't be a bad idea to ride with Fidelity first, then bring the proceeds to join FCMB on its way up to catch up with Fidelity wink

You don see bottom?

Better hold any bottom you see tight.Na em sweet pass..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 9:18pm On Oct 08, 2019
Mcy56:

which favour oga migiet? We that have entered since nko, you want make we still dey wait for Agba ni? grin

Be careful; you inviting the mace. Just call him Oga Mendes oo
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 10:23pm On Oct 08, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:25pm On Oct 08, 2019
chillykelly86:
Be careful; you inviting the mace. Just call him Oga Mendes oo
Okay.
The way you sounded was as if The Mace is another powerful Oracle. Abeg no vex o, oga migiet. I no reach to offend you. smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:38pm On Oct 08, 2019
mendes911:
And if second trip come become "audio" trip nko? You go handover to us at below N5 be that.
May God not allow this to happen. tongue
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by musty00: 12:05am On Oct 09, 2019
CashDiMkpa:

This your permutation eh.....

For this market? Stop enriching your broker at your detriment. There was no rally when Q2 was announced and there will be no rally when Q3 is announced. What you see as a mild rally when Q1 was announced is because it was announced around the dividend qualification date.

Lol @ the bolded.

What I described is not a short term JIJO. It should take about 2 months to pull off, if one keys in now. Not a recommendation though.

You think there was no rally around Q2? A rally doesn’t have to be measured from when the results are announced. It could start weeks before or even after the announcement. The price movements we saw in August and September is still a rally (for a bear season), and it can be attributed to Q2 results.

Anyway, my post is based on my belief that there will still be a rally this year, which will most likely be led by Guaranty. I might be very wrong. I see that you don’t foresee any rally happening this year again, so I get your point.

What I described is what I think could play out between FCMB and Fidelity when/if a rally shows. I may be wrong too.

If there’s no rally, we continue to chop dividend.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by musty00: 12:11am On Oct 09, 2019
locodemy:

You don see bottom?

Better hold any bottom you see tight.Na em sweet pass..

grin That's the difficult task.

Not likely to fall though, if there's a general rally. Could be trading side ways.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:09am On Oct 09, 2019
Up Up Up!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 10:01am On Oct 09, 2019
RabbiDoracle:
Up Up Up!

Lol Oga oracle go like boobs o grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yok: 10:16am On Oct 09, 2019
DAILY STOCK MARKET GUIDE FOR 09 OCTOBER 2019

MSCI on recess, market down from monthly down to the 30 minutes timeframe as at this morning. Winning in this market is not easy we are all competing against more short term traders compared with the previous years. Looking to be a Warren Buffett, in Nigeria will only make you a buffet for the bear pictured below.

Do not allow the bears to use your money to feed fat on buffet, learn to be a better investor.

Imagine me buying the 3 companies (in the picture below) now
, but the expected results are as shown and I want to be a value investor? I am buying as prices are cheap. By November we will see the actual results!!! Let us get wise!!!

Caution: This is for information purpose only. Data used are assumed to be correct. However, you may want to verify the data from an appropriate source. Also, Institutions can afford to suffer big losses without going burst compared with an individual, you cannot follow them blindly (you need to at least have some knowledge/your own plan). This document remains the personal property of Target technical analysis https://twitter.com/AnalysisTarget

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:32am On Oct 09, 2019
yok:
Do not allow the bears to use your money to feed fat on buffet, learn to be a better investor.
Imagine me buying the 3 companies (in the picture below) now, but the expected results are as shown and I want to be a value investor?
Yok, bear self dey drink beer, Guinness don suffer. Chai! grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:40am On Oct 09, 2019
Agbalowomeri:
Even for market ?

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 10:46am On Oct 09, 2019
Agbalowomeri:

Who no like better thing....Agba i know say you go bahd for "cold room"..... grin

Agba slaughtering ladies since 2000.. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 12:15pm On Oct 09, 2019
E ku market o. Everybody just dey observe. grin
Access gradually moving up.......but some stocks are not smiling.....such as guinness.
I'm just thinking, could the fall in dangcem price be intentional? We are observing anyway. smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 12:25pm On Oct 09, 2019
Coolcash1:

Who no like better thing....Agba i know say you go bahd for "cold room"..... grin

Agba slaughtering ladies since 2000.. grin

Chai especially one with mango shape grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 12:30pm On Oct 09, 2019
Mcy56:
E ku market o. Everybody just dey observe. grin
Access gradually moving up.......but some stocks are not smiling.....such as guinness.
I'm just thinking, could the fall in dangcem price be intentional? We are observing anyway. smiley

Yesterday was UACN, today is DangCement. Una no dey tire?

You didn't notice that DangCem share price started dropping when FG denied them (about 3 of their production lines) tax exemption going forward?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 12:32pm On Oct 09, 2019
mendes911:

You didn't notice that DangCem share price started dropping massively when FG denied them (about 3 of their production lines) tax exemption going forward?

Dangote looking for tax exemption upandan grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bomboclad: 12:44pm On Oct 09, 2019
Hammer loading.....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 12:45pm On Oct 09, 2019
mendes911:
You didn't notice that DangCem share price started dropping when FG denied them (about 3 of their production lines) tax exemption going forward?
I no dey tire o. I dont see how the denial should cause massive fall anyway, except like i said, its intentional, so that FG can reconsider her stand.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bomboclad: 12:58pm On Oct 09, 2019
From CardinalStone...

The recently released Q2’19 report of the Nigerian Investment Promotion Commission (NIPC) showed that the pioneer tax extension application of Dangote Cement Plc. (DANGCEM) was declined on the basis of its ineligibility under the Industrial Development Income Tax Relief Act. However, upon engagement with the Investor Relations team of the company, CardinalStone Research gathered that DANGCEM subsequently obtained the required tax concession approval on all three lines (Ibese Lines 3 & 4 and Obajana Line 4), with the expected Q3’19 NIPC report likely to provide full disclosure on the development.

We recall that the related lines were commissioned in 2014 and had already received NIPC approval for initial three years tax holiday each. The company assumed that all three lines would be granted the further 2 years tax concession applied for and, therefore, charged effective tax rate at c.19.0% for the Nigerian business in H1’19. We retain the view that DANGCEM’S Nigerian effective tax rate will remain around the 19.0% level on the back of management’s confirmation of the approval of its pioneer tax status extension application. Absent this development, effective tax rate would be c.32.0% by FY’19.

Dangote Cement remains a cost leader in Nigeria’s growing cement market, boasting a market share of c.64.0% as at H1’19. The company has EBITDA and PAT margins of 46.6% and 25.5% (using H1’19 numbers) respectively. We have a 12-month Target Price of N212.32 on the company and see a 40.7% upside relative to the stock’s last market close. We have a BUY recommendation on the stock
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 1:31pm On Oct 09, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 2:05pm On Oct 09, 2019
onegentleguy:

@ Sir Pluto I understand ur reservation but after revisiting the prints in the financials, l still maintain that DANGOTE CEMENT deserves to make the list of GOOD coys based on its H1 2019 result.
Like I always say; There is no such thing as a perfect result. With a coys financial print, the driven inherent VALUE is derived by weighing in on the good or pros(improvements therein) against the bad or cons(downturn surrounding it) over a specified period of time.
...and where the former exceeds the latter(adjusting for risk), a margin of safety can be drawn... which would invariably determine the VALUE to be taped from.
This is why I always advise that financial prints be interpreted by looking at several key factors as a COLLECTIVE and not just 1 or 2 single input in isolation.
With DANGOTE CEMENT' H1 result, it looks like u had focused only on the cons, without the deserving consideration to the pros.

1st off, part of the big problem that DC had(comparing H1 2018/2019) was that of cost MANAGEMENT and OPTIMIZATION.
Cost savings was particularly low... With cost of production, energy cost and finance cost eating deeply into gross margins.
Well, am sure u saw that CoS declined by over 650bps... with production cost(cost per ton) down 300bps parving way for an over 54pbs expansion in gross margin.
Yes the rise in EM/EPS was aided by a lower tax expense, but the bigger boost was chiefly from a sweeping decline in net finance cost(over 71% over H1 2018) spurred by a drop in fx related losses.
Elsewhere, cost savings from energy ensured that the coy spent 14% less money than it did over the same period of last yr. ...and with the installation of 2 new gas turbines in 2 of the African countries it operates, more funds will most likely be saved from utilizing coal as an alternative source of power(this is key).

So u see; It is this cost saving measures(coupled with an improved cashflow) that resulted in the growth in PAT(by 44%) and not necessarily accounting/tax abracadabra as u put it.

Bottom line: With DC H1 result, there are cons no doubt, but the pros are of a more worthy consideration. ...which is why current price still paints a fine value behind it, and maintains a buy rating for us.(FVE @ N215)

DISCLOSURE: DC is presently not a part of our portfolio.

DISCLAIMER: NOT to be infered to as any sought of recommendation. ...Pls do well to read through my signature below.
My advice? ...Just follow ur instinct.
Bomboclad:
From CardinalStone...

The recently released Q2’19 report of the Nigerian Investment Promotion Commission (NIPC) showed that the pioneer tax extension application of Dangote Cement Plc. (DANGCEM) was declined on the basis of its ineligibility under the Industrial Development Income Tax Relief Act. However, upon engagement with the Investor Relations team of the company, CardinalStone Research gathered that DANGCEM subsequently obtained the required tax concession approval on all three lines (Ibese Lines 3 & 4 and Obajana Line 4), with the expected Q3’19 NIPC report likely to provide full disclosure on the development.

We recall that the related lines were commissioned in 2014 and had already received NIPC approval for initial three years tax holiday each. The company assumed that all three lines would be granted the further 2 years tax concession applied for and, therefore, charged effective tax rate at c.19.0% for the Nigerian business in H1’19. We retain the view that DANGCEM’S Nigerian effective tax rate will remain around the 19.0% level on the back of management’s confirmation of the approval of its pioneer tax status extension application. Absent this development, effective tax rate would be c.32.0% by FY’19.

Dangote Cement remains a cost leader in Nigeria’s growing cement market, boasting a market share of c.64.0% as at H1’19. The company has EBITDA and PAT margins of 46.6% and 25.5% (using H1’19 numbers) respectively. We have a 12-month Target Price of N212.32 on the company and see a 40.7% upside relative to the stock’s last market close. We have a BUY recommendation on the stock

God bless u my dear !!
This is why its important to talk with FACTS !! ...and when u don't have it, its best to remain TACITURN so u won't be seen as been lost.
Sometimes l deliberately refuse to counter certain assertions made here. U only need to understand what goes on around the company to know some of these items.

Though I do not hold the stock(have other preference), DC holds VALUE @ current mkt price.
Going forward, the company will reap great gains(earnings accruals) from its robust cost saving measures.(energy cost, prod. cost etc)
...I did state as much with my analysis of the coy a while ago.(refer to the post above)

mcy56 was right when she infered a manipulative tendency on the stock.
Anyone who closely observed what played out with the coys trade book last week, ought to know that.
The pivotal thing is to continually look in on how one can turn those mkt 'ploys and plays' to their advantage. ...'cause 90% of the time, it creates a great opportunity of arbitrage !! wink cheesy grin

It is well.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mhm(m): 2:28pm On Oct 09, 2019
onegentleguy:

God bless u my dear !!
This is why its important to talk with FACTS !! ...and when u don't have it, its best to remain TACITURN so u won't be seen as been lost.
Sometimes l deliberately refuse to counter certain assertions made here. U only need to understand what goes on around the company to know some of these items.

Though I do not hold the stock(have other preference), DC holds VALUE @ current mkt price.
Going forward, the company will reap great gains(earnings accruals) from its robust cost saving measures.(energy cost, prod. cost etc)
...I did state as much with my analysis of the coy a while ago.(refer to the post above)

mcy56 was right when she infered a manipulative tendency in the stock.
Anyone who has closely observed what played out with the coys trade book last week, ought to know that.
The pivotal thing is to continually look in on how one can turn those mkt 'ploys and plays' to their advantage. ...'cause 90% of the time, it creates a great opportunity of arbitrage !! wink cheesy grin

It is well.

Always appreciate your insight and humility
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 2:29pm On Oct 09, 2019
Legover to bad grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 2:48pm On Oct 09, 2019
Stocks with new 52 week lows
Mansard insurance #1.62k
Dangote cement #145.00k
NB #48.00k
Presco #38.40k
Guinness #30.00k

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 2:52pm On Oct 09, 2019
Intendy:

Mansard insurance #1.62k

Dangote cement #145.00k

NB #48.00k

Presco #38.40k

Guinness #30.00k

Good one Sir intendy !!

3 good 'meat' gradually coming to a great VALUE zone.
...we can't wait !! wink cheesy grin

Btw, a certain coy here is still looking like a value trap than a value play, and so will need to drop a bit more in price, so VALUE can preceed price.(inherent risk-return with MoS range in view)
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 2:57pm On Oct 09, 2019
Intendy:

Mansard insurance #1.62k

Dangote cement #145.00k

NB #48.00k

Presco #38.40k

Guinness #30.00k
Oga intendy has roasted our bull grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 3:09pm On Oct 09, 2019
mhm:

Always appreciate your insight and humility

Thanks for the kind words Sir !!

Regards.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 3:14pm On Oct 09, 2019
Agbalowomeri:
Oga intendy has roasted our bull grin
Oga Agba,How I wan take roast bull? Me wey no even sabi light matches
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by swilo: 5:45pm On Oct 09, 2019
Wow... Less than one page. Is today public holiday?

My 30billion Wema loading.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 5:49pm On Oct 09, 2019
swilo:
Wow... Less than one page. Is today public holiday?

My 30billion Wema loading.

Na you we dey wait for
Welcome
Just sleep on the page and we can turn to the next page

(1) (2) (3) ... (4905) (4906) (4907) (4908) (4909) (4910) (4911) ... (7764) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: NettyNelly(m), MrDiligence, Omooloriredade, dapix, Adinije(f), eziokwunwoko(m), owolabi5, Zegra, Palomadove, ayft(m), ExpertDealer, ololufemi and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.