Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,506 members, 7,819,832 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (4938) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10901082 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4935) (4936) (4937) (4938) (4939) (4940) (4941) ... (7756) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 24, 2019

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 7:34pm On Oct 24, 2019
Agbalowomeri:

Sorry o, I am just getting your concerns now
Because you are not sure how much they will want to buy from you

Hmmmmm grin

My concern is whether filling the form would in the future, lock the ability to sell the stocks on the floor.

I know say them get plan. Na only God sabi their plan.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 7:35pm On Oct 24, 2019
Agbalowomeri:
@Mcy I agree there is reason to be concerned
This is a strange one grin
Lol. I was thinking this is a bit different from other offers as well, cos how can you sell and still get paid?
Maybe you need to edit some of your posts on it then, before anyone will just go and act on it without asking or letting anybody know.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 7:38pm On Oct 24, 2019
Agbalowomeri:
Maybe I need glucose or sleep grin
Guess you've been over-working yourself. Oga abeg take am easy o.
Oya take Glucose D to kool body. grin

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 7:41pm On Oct 24, 2019
Mcy56:

Lol. I was thinking this is a bit different from other offers as well, cos how can you sell and still get paid?
Maybe you need to edit some of your posts on it then, before anyone will just go and act on it without asking or letting anybody know.

Gaskia you can't sell because you do not know what would be allotted to you
This people craze gan ni o
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 7:42pm On Oct 24, 2019
Agbalowomeri:

Gaskia you can't sell because you do not know what would be allotted to you
This people craze gan ni o

However, that doesn't mean you anything you buy after tomorrow will be considered sha
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 8:16pm On Oct 24, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TIMIJAT: 8:55pm On Oct 24, 2019
How lucrative is a career in being a stockbroker. Who knows any stockbroker doing well. Please advise. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by redsox11: 9:52pm On Oct 24, 2019
Meshpips you are lurking at all the thread on this forum looking for another persons money / account to burn within 48 hours again.
Until you end in jail, you no go get sense.

You no go stick to your sport betting, at least it should take you more than 48hours to burn account over there.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Jejebabaa: 9:57pm On Oct 24, 2019
locodemy:

Almost all the bids at 17 got filled except 312,998 units that were not filled.

Did you place your order good for a day or 7 days?
It wasn't filled yesterday and moreover I got it filled today at 17. Morgan doesn't have that option of placing trades for 7 days like meristem.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by valentinenwoko: 10:13pm On Oct 24, 2019
CI leasing file not opening.pls who has a preview of the results
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 11:46pm On Oct 24, 2019
onegentleguy:

The problem is that some folks seem to be given so much undue attention to the proposed MTO of FORTE OIL.
What they forget is that WITH or WITHOUT the MTO, FO is a strong BUY !!
The current mkt price is a great route to VALUE !!

The proposed MTO(if and when it does materialize) will ONLY be an added bonus.(benefit)

It is well !!

@ Veecovee and mcy56 u guys don't need to confuse urself.
Like I said before, WITH or WITHOUT the MTO, FORTE OIL remains a BUY. ...infact ACCUMULATE and HOLD.

I have since said as much.(refer to the post above)

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 11:47pm On Oct 24, 2019
veecovee:

If I fill now and the price rises in future and I want sell the same filled quantity on the floor, hope them no go say you don fill the form already

Stop confusing urself. wink cheesy
There are 2 options here;
It's either u choose to fill the form or u refute the offer and remain the stakeholder that u are. ...that's what a partial MTO entails.(not all stakes will be taken up)

Where u fill the form, u will be legally binded by the terms of the MTO which guides that a part(given prorated estimates) or the entirety of ur stake could be taken up @ the cash exchange price of N66.25.
...and if and when that happens, u will quite rightfully loose ur stake(including accrued future benefit) to ignite inv.
So there won't be need/concern for ur question.

However if ur offer(stake) wasn't accepted after filling the form(for reasons of want or not been eligible), then of course, u can trade ur holding after then and in future.

Hope its clearer now.

Btw, a lot of these worries have been thoroughly addressed(analysed) with past post here. ...I also gave several briefs then.
Folks can dig them up for more clarity.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 11:50pm On Oct 24, 2019
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/27902_WEMA_BANK_PLC._FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_OCTOBER_2019.pdf

With this result right here, WEMA is a strong BUY !!
...In fact, it will be a sure wise decision to ACCUMULATE the stock now.
Btw the current market price and the drive for inherent VALUE lies a juicy feasible MoS reward.(risk-return in view)

It is well.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:02am On Oct 25, 2019
Agbalowomeri:

Ignore the 10 shares, just a joke; we don't know how it will be prorated
Qualification is tomorrow; after tomorrow, you can sell all and will still be entitled to your share of the loot grin
Reminds me of those good days when we sell after div qualification and move to the next and next and next Lol
Agbalowomeri:

Yes, sell and still get your entitlement. I have done this before severally

Did u mix garri with olomo bitters to drink?
...or u took a trailer load of 33? grin grin grin
I've said that this market wey u never enter dey bother u pass people wen dey inside sef.

Abeg calm down oo. I will advise u take a very long nap from now till Sunday.
...or better still, take a vacation till November. Afterall, na that time wey ur 'personally customized bottom' go likely show. wink cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:06am On Oct 25, 2019
RabbiDoracle:
https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2019-10-22/doom-and-gloom-take-a-break-in-emerging-markets

wink cheesy grin
In line with some of our past assertions on the thing about RISK and REWARD !!
...we continue to observe.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:10am On Oct 25, 2019
onegentleguy:

Me I know sabi defend, talkless of to come dey attack naw !! grin
...I know kuku sabi play ball sef. wink cheesy
Na to dey sidon as a spectator dey sip my cold cup of sweat holix I sabi for now.
After then, I go try subscribe to watch una for Cnbc and Bloomberg news as events unfold !! wink cheesy grin

Chaii !! grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by owoblow77: 4:36am On Oct 25, 2019
@ Paito Vee and Mcy56:
I will base my opinion on the document sent in August 2019 to Forte Oil shareholders.
In that Mandatory Takeover Offer, it was highlighted that you will be paid when 2 conditions are fulfilled:
1. You complete the form to indicate that you're interested in the transaction.
2. You have not sold those shares when they are being transferred to Ignite Investments.
The second point implies that you can still sell your shares after you have indicated interest (by completing the form). In that case, you won't get paid because you don't have the ''goods'' in your ''shop''.
I think that your broker will send the forms to you today (to indicate interest), since qualification is today. Otherwise, reach out to them for clarity.
Mcy56:

Vee, did they mention that they're delisting it? Cos me I didn't see where that was stated so far. When Ignite bought from Otedola, it was still trading on the exchange, nothing has changed except there'll be a future action but until then, calm your nerves, make we enjoy the small rally. smiley
Filling the form is optional anyway.....but I think it's better to fill it, even if they don't buy, it's worth trying at least. Also, there's nothing like freezing once you sell to them, they collect your shares and pay you money, shikena!
BTW, have you received the form? Or did your broker send it to you?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 4:40am On Oct 25, 2019
Nigeria IMI is trading at 4.8x 12m, thus making the country assets cheaper than ever a Fund Manager EFGHermes has said in what it called Nigeria Strategy note to investors. It said that Nigeria assets are on an all-time low. Our analysts forecast 14% earnings CAGR for 2019-21e with non-banks’ earnings recovering strongly in 2020 after a difficult 2019, and a 2019 of 10 per cent (11.2% for banks). Despite this, policy uncertainty makes it very difficult to become bullish. The latest government moves include the impossible-to-enforce closure of land borders to all trade and the CBN’s increase in minimum LDRs to 65%.

The latter policy may support earnings growth for stronger banks, but it is hard to reconcile policies that force private sector lending with those that severely restrict trade. These factors keep us UW on Nigeria relative to FEM peers – our preferred stock remains GTB, whose 3Q19 results demonstrate its ability to generate solid returns through thick and thin. We remain cautious on non-financials given valuations and current macro settings, with Nigeria Breweries being our preferred non-bank name. Flow data shows that foreigners have been net sellers for much of the year, totalling $106m YTD, though foreigners were net buyers of $16 million in August when MTNN was added to MSCI indices. More surprisingly, local pension funds have kept cutting their exposure to equities after a regulation change in early 2019 that eliminated minimum allocations to variable return assets. The falling equity share in pension AUMs is not just about poor market performance – comparing the profiles of equity AUMs and total returns from the NGSE Index suggest that pension funds are either: i) allocating no fresh funds to stocks, despite strong flows into pension funds N681 billion in 12 months ending June 2019; or ii underperforming the local index by a wide margin.

We understand foreigners’ reluctance to engage. However, even given high yields on government paper, we are surprised that locals with LT NGN liabilities are shying away from inexpensive stocks that offer good dividend yields and the potential for LT capital gains. We believe this could be because current incentives for pension funds do not reward managers for outperformance. Meanwhile, investors are asking again about the outlook for USD/NGN – almost unchanged for over two years – after the recent reserve burn. Current gross reserves of $40.0 billion (mid-October) are down $4 billion from the 2019 high, though they are still equivalent to a respectable nine months of imports. The fall in reserves seems only partly due to portfolio outflows: CBN data shows foreign holdings of CBN OMOs – the main carry trade vehicle – down just $600 million from their July high of $17.23 billion at end-August, though anecdotal evidence hints at a bigger outflow $2 billion.

We had wondered if the CBN was allowing USD swaps with local banks to lapse, contributing to the reserve burn, but the recent drop in banks’ NFAs appears to rule this out. Recent reserve and NFA declines likely have as much to do with the falling trade balance (latest 12m sum down to$10 billion in July 2019 from U$18 billion a year previously. Portfolio flows may still be a challenge in the near term: $15.4 billion in OMOs mature in the current quarter, around $5.3 billion of which may be foreign-owned (using August CBN data as a guide to total foreign OMO holdings). Maturing OMOs will have to be financed with rollovers or reserve/NFA drawdown. We note that previous stock market rallies have been associated with NFA growth and significant pressure on reserves and/or NFAs could mean another leg down for this already-inexpensive market. Meanwhile, the importance of portfolio investment for reserves mean that policy rate cuts, that could support equities, seem highly unlikely this year.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by meshpips(m): 6:22am On Oct 25, 2019
GUARANTY doing slow motion

Now remaining 31 kobo to make a new 52 - week low.

Most effective bank in Naija abi? When VAP speaks, people will begin to learn to listen.

No fundamental analysis, VAP does excellently well as a stand alone, leading indicator.

Everyone here was forewarned. Any loss experienced by anybody on this thread still holding GTBank shares is simply self inflicted. Shebi book wey nor gree enter head, him go by force enter exam hall. Abi nor be so?

That reminds me, where is my friend @NorthEastern?

Make the thing reach 19 first, I go take mouth chop all of una raw.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by longlife20: 7:24am On Oct 25, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 7:57am On Oct 25, 2019
Access and fidelity oh. Where una result dey naa
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Jejebabaa: 8:40am On Oct 25, 2019
So this is what Agba is trying to avoid

No matter how great a company is or how amazing their earnings, a bear market is like a hurricane, it damages all boats regardless of how great they are. Defense is the best policy until price action finds key support and makes higher highs.

----Steve Burns

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bezzle: 8:53am On Oct 25, 2019
Filling the form is optional anyway.....but I think it's better to fill it, even if they don't buy, it's worth trying at least. Also, there's nothing like freezing once you sell to them, they collect your shares and pay you money, shikena!
BTW, have you received the form? Or did your broker send it to you?[/quote]

Good day madam Mercy & ogas in the house, kindly help. I got the FO mail with form attached from my stockbrokers so I called to make some clarifications before filling the form but was advised not to bother filling as according to my stockbrokers the FO/Ignite people already have people from who they want to buy. They said the notice & form was only sent out of courtesy & that they won't buy my shares even if I show interest to sell. Pls what do I do. I really want to sell & would need my stockbrokers signature & stamp on the form for processing since I bought through them. Is there an alternative means to do this? Can I deal directly with the rehistrars? Or are they right that I shouldn't bother
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 8:59am On Oct 25, 2019
THANKS ALL FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 9:10am On Oct 25, 2019
aremso:
Nigeria IMI is trading at 4.8x 12m, thus making the country assets cheaper than ever a Fund Manager EFGHermes has said in what it called Nigeria Strategy note to investors. It said that Nigeria assets are on an all-time low. Our analysts forecast 14% earnings CAGR for 2019-21e with non-banks’ earnings recovering strongly in 2020 after a difficult 2019, and a 2019 of 10 per cent (11.2% for banks). Despite this, policy uncertainty makes it very difficult to become bullish. The latest government moves include the impossible-to-enforce closure of land borders to all trade and the CBN’s increase in minimum LDRs to 65%.

The latter policy may support earnings growth for stronger banks, but it is hard to reconcile policies that force private sector lending with those that severely restrict trade. These factors keep us UW on Nigeria relative to FEM peers – our preferred stock remains GTB, whose 3Q19 results demonstrate its ability to generate solid returns through thick and thin. We remain cautious on non-financials given valuations and current macro settings, with Nigeria Breweries being our preferred non-bank name. Flow data shows that foreigners have been net sellers for much of the year, totalling $106m YTD, though foreigners were net buyers of $16 million in August when MTNN was added to MSCI indices. More surprisingly, local pension funds have kept cutting their exposure to equities after a regulation change in early 2019 that eliminated minimum allocations to variable return assets. The falling equity share in pension AUMs is not just about poor market performance – comparing the profiles of equity AUMs and total returns from the NGSE Index suggest that pension funds are either: i) allocating no fresh funds to stocks, despite strong flows into pension funds N681 billion in 12 months ending June 2019; or ii underperforming the local index by a wide margin.

We understand foreigners’ reluctance to engage. However, even given high yields on government paper, we are surprised that locals with LT NGN liabilities are shying away from inexpensive stocks that offer good dividend yields and the potential for LT capital gains. We believe this could be because current incentives for pension funds do not reward managers for outperformance. Meanwhile, investors are asking again about the outlook for USD/NGN – almost unchanged for over two years – after the recent reserve burn. Current gross reserves of $40.0 billion (mid-October) are down $4 billion from the 2019 high, though they are still equivalent to a respectable nine months of imports. The fall in reserves seems only partly due to portfolio outflows: CBN data shows foreign holdings of CBN OMOs – the main carry trade vehicle – down just $600 million from their July high of $17.23 billion at end-August, though anecdotal evidence hints at a bigger outflow $2 billion.

We had wondered if the CBN was allowing USD swaps with local banks to lapse, contributing to the reserve burn, but the recent drop in banks’ NFAs appears to rule this out. Recent reserve and NFA declines likely have as much to do with the falling trade balance (latest 12m sum down to$10 billion in July 2019 from U$18 billion a year previously. Portfolio flows may still be a challenge in the near term: $15.4 billion in OMOs mature in the current quarter, around $5.3 billion of which may be foreign-owned (using August CBN data as a guide to total foreign OMO holdings). Maturing OMOs will have to be financed with rollovers or reserve/NFA drawdown. We note that previous stock market rallies have been associated with NFA growth and significant pressure on reserves and/or NFAs could mean another leg down for this already-inexpensive market. Meanwhile, the importance of portfolio investment for reserves mean that policy rate cuts, that could support equities, seem highly unlikely this year.

Hello Chief

God bless you plentiful for this

it was full of insight and hard question,
e.g August surge in foreign flow largely MTN driven (though it still doesnt explain that of September or could that be as per Airtel)
why are PFA not inclined to the equity market despite near certainty of outperformance in the long term
reconfirmation of the fact that NSE (rise & fall) is deeply tied / correlated to foreign inflow (NFA) e.t.c

whats d source please

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 9:15am On Oct 25, 2019
Jejebabaa:
So this is what Agba is trying to avoid

No matter how great a company is or how amazing their earnings, a bear market is like a hurricane, it damages all boats regardless of how great they are. Defense is the best policy until price action finds key support and makes higher highs.

----Steve Burns

while im not a TA guru, this quote is quintessential and classical, the hurricane analogy says it all about a BEAR market it

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Homextras: 9:39am On Oct 25, 2019
Good day house, does attached mean FG is banning sales of Treasury bills to individuals?

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 9:42am On Oct 25, 2019
Homextras:
Good day house, does attached mean FG is banning sales of Treasury bills to individuals?

I think treasury bill thread would answer your questions thoroughly
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:43am On Oct 25, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:44am On Oct 25, 2019

(1) (2) (3) ... (4935) (4936) (4937) (4938) (4939) (4940) (4941) ... (7756) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Krisuba and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.