Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,251 members, 7,818,867 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (4973) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10895611 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4970) (4971) (4972) (4973) (4974) (4975) (4976) ... (7754) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 8:45am On Nov 07, 2019
olayinmol:

Yes

Great, i will be expecting mine,

But if they delay, will i contact the registrar.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yok: 9:46am On Nov 07, 2019
MSCI DUMPS GUINNESS NIGERIA FINALLY

The next few weeks are not likely to be a good time for the shareholders of Guinness Nigeria. MSCI has finally dumped the stock. There is likelihood of the Price of the stock depreciating in the medium time frame.

Later in the day we will give further follow up from morningstar.com : [url]https://twitter.com/AnalysisTarget/status/1192359853420875776
[/url]

Caution: This is for information purpose only. Data used are assumed to be correct. However, you may want to verify the data from an appropriate source. Also, Institutions can afford to suffer big losses without going burst compared with an individual, you cannot follow them blindly (you need to at least have some knowledge/your own plan). This document remains the personal property of Target technical analysis https://twitter.com/AnalysisTarget

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:47am On Nov 07, 2019
This Discontinue operations figures in Uacn results is worrisome.If remove,the stock go sweet.I reviewed the Q3 result again last night and I discovered why oga cp has an eye in the stock.Well,it is good but seems it's for long term investors.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:51am On Nov 07, 2019
yok:

The next few weeks are not likely to be a good time for the shareholders of Guinness Nigeria. MSCI has finally dumped the stock. There is likelihood of the Price of the stock depreciating in the medium time frame.

Later in the day we will give further follow up from morningstar.com : [url]https://twitter.com/AnalysisTarget/status/1192359853420875776
[/url]

Caution: This is for information purpose only. Data used are assumed to be correct. However, you may want to verify the data from an appropriate source. Also, Institutions can afford to suffer big losses without going burst compared with an individual, you cannot follow them blindly (you need to at least have some knowledge/your own plan). This document remains the personal property of Target technical analysis https://twitter.com/AnalysisTarget

Oga yok,pls wait.Dont go yet.Why is courteville no more the toast of investors?Who did they offend?
Can you say something on the numbers of the stock?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 07, 2019
yok:

[/url]

Your twitter post could be subject to litigation o.

Because the company can say people believed that negative events will happen to the company which you (alone) know.

Instead of writing that it is because MSCI sold, give your own reason like decline in Revenue, PAT and increasing finance cost. And that you maintain a SELL Rating on the stock. Finish.

Saying that people should avoid Guinness can call for litigations o. Be guided!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Homextras: 10:38am On Nov 07, 2019
I just took a moment to remember Chibuking missing daughter....was she found?
May God comfort his household.

amen.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 10:42am On Nov 07, 2019
Homextras:

amen.

really? haaaa when did this happened? was even joking wt peterich that where is his brother chibuking. May God find the girl for the family.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 10:45am On Nov 07, 2019
Homextras:

amen.

My exact thoughts this morning! cry
It is well.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 10:46am On Nov 07, 2019
Jaiz Bank hopefuls whats cooking?
500m shares traded.
N270m is not beans to sink in there oh.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 11:21am On Nov 07, 2019
OakPearl:
Jaiz Bank hopefuls whats cooking?
500m shares traded.
N270m is not beans to sink in there oh.

Cc: Currentprice, OGG
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 11:22am On Nov 07, 2019
Millers are still on it... grin
Who blinks first... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TLAX: 11:39am On Nov 07, 2019
Please note content below is for information only and was written by a Investment Banking Salesman.

***View of a Salesman***
If you are an avid reader of my series, you are probably already bored of my views on Nigeria and I would not waste time rehashing that this morning. We kicked off the year with a negative bias for Equities contrary to general market expectations that the market will rally post the elections – we took a differentiated stance which has played out so far. Today the NSE is down 16% and I would argue that if we strip out the MTN performance – the Nigerian market is down north of 20% YtD. Over the last 2 year, the market has cumulatively lost about 40%. Everything is dirt cheap, but you know what they say; it is probably cheap for a reason – Where is the growth ? anyways Dele, stay focused on your gospel.

We still do not think that there are strong fundamentals to drive a natural correction in the Equity market but I got a feeling that there is half a chance that we might see a strong correction in the market going into 2020.
Why and how? 2 CBN Circulars will make this happen
• The CBN recently released a circular restricting local corporates and retail investors from participating in OMO’s . These included local PFAs and Asset Management companies.
• The CBN Circular taking banks LDR to 60% and further to 65% by December 2019.

The OMO market is estimated at NGN14 trillion – we estimate that foreign investors account for NGN6 trillion naira of that; Banks account for NGN4.5trillion and the balance of NGN3.5 trillion belong to everyone (PFAs, asset Management, retail investors, local corporates). The Nigerian Treasury Bill market in its entirety is about NGN2.7 trillion – so it is fair to say that the treasury bill market cannot absorb NGN3.5trillion of maturities in the OMO market that would be looking for a new home.

What is the obvious outcome? Yield on these instruments (treasury bills) will collapse; price rallies. We have already seen this play out in the book of the PFAs. What I want to achieve with this note is to try to articulate how players in the market will be affected by this policy

Foreign Fixed income investor
What do investors cherish the most in markets – Liquidity. This circular effectively takes out that liquidity. If we assume that Foreigner investors decide to sell out of the entire 6 trillion naira today, Nigerian banks would be unable to absorb those OMOs. In which case, the Central bank would become buyer of last resort. The CBN would have to take them out at a compelling level given that there is no real market level. The apex regulator would still need to provide them dollar liquidity to exit the country. We note however, banks will still be charged with the responsibility to effectively make market for OMO bills to address potential liquidity concerns. Since the CBN circular, the FX market has experienced more outflows than inflows although still not at the levels we saw in August when oil prices dipped. The yield moderation in the primary market treasury bills could also compel some of the foreign fixed income investors to switch out of the PMA bills into the relatively higher yielding OMO bills; this is a trade we are seeing - Well, I guess the other best thing investors cherish in the markets is their returns.

Local Institutional money like Pension fund administrators – it is a hunt for yields
Now they need to look for other investment outlets away from the OMOs. Banks are looking to meet the Dec deadline on the 65% LDR so expect your banker not to pick the call when you are trying to place those billions in NGN – they simply don’t want it and frankly do not want the head ache except of course you are giving the them the money for free at 2%. The bonds market stock is estimated to be slightly over 10 trillion naira. Notably, we have seen some compression in the bond yields as well particularly as supply has been limited. The DMO is still looking to raise somewhere close to 400 billion naira before the end of the year- inclusive of the usual 100 billion naira Sukuk bond in December; this is a small amount to the wall of 3.5 trillion that would mature over the next 12 months. We expect demand will remain strong from this class of investors amid liquidity from increased OMO maturities into the rest of the year.
Looking forward- the government is again tinkering with the idea of a 10 trillion naira infrastructure bond in 2020 which again provides another investment outlet for the local money asset manager.

Asset Manager with money market funds
AUM of CISs is currently around N870b, with MM Funds accounting for over 75% of this. The CBN policy on OMO therefore means that the impact would be felt by a very large portion of the industry given the regulatory restrictions embedded in the SEC registered MM Funds. The longest tenor for permissible instruments in a MM Fund is 364 days, while the Weighted Average Maturity for the collection of securities in a MM Fund is 90-days. As such more investments must be skewed towards the short end of the 1-yr fixed income yield curve. Consequently, the yields on MM Funds would significantly adjust to market realities within a 60 – 90-days period. In addition, CISs are only allowed to place with BBB Banks and this category of banks are already offering deposit rates of around 7 – 10%p.a. In addition, Banks are still having issues with providing realistic runs for T-Bills that domestic investors can buy. This has effectively reduced the universe of investable assets. Finally, if this situation continues, the primary PMA auctions might be the only viable source to reinvest OMO maturities as successful buyers of instruments at the PMAs (especially PFAs) would not likely sell as the PMAs will not be able to accommodate their investment fire power. Overall, there could be a cash drag on returns on MM Funds if existing or new investment outlets are not opened up quickly enough

HNI/Retail investor
HNI are always looking for where to pack money – they value safety. Many a times, you would see these monies in real estate, fixed deposit with banks, Treasury bills , mutual funds or in dollars. As yields in the T-bills market collapse, it becomes increasing unattractive to leave the monies in that investment class as it is negative rate of return given the yields you are generating is lower than the average inflation rate. In the interest of capital preservation, we expect some HNI investor would prefer to pack their monies in dollars and potentially buy dollar mutual funds. If the demand there goes up as well, yields would also collapse.

Banks
From some of the conference calls we listened to during the 3Q results reporting cycle, we heard some banks revise the deposit growth forecasts downwards by as much as 10% - 20% and revised upward the loan growth assumption. This speaks directly to the loan to deposit target of 65% with a December deadline. Talking to a few local institutional investors, there are getting shocking rates from Nigerian Banks. Placement rates with banks is as low as 2%, averaging out at about 8% and at the top end of the curve 10%.

For investment bankers, this would be a great opportunity to approach corporates to issue commercial papers and corporate bonds but the banks would totally hate that as it affects loan growth – I suspect they would be willing to get into a pricing war to match levels where such instruments would be issued to ensure they keep quality lenders on the book and also ensure the loan book does not collapse to maintain their regulatory LDR limit of 65% by December.

For local corporates, this circular affects your liquidity management strategy. If a corporate is sitting on a lot of cash, they might be compelled to pay down some of their loans faster to bring down the cost of borrowing if they cannot get attractive yields for such monies.

I stand to be corrected – but I am yet to see any bankable infrastructure project in Nigeria sponsored by any government that pays for itself so the PFAs would be extremely cautious when it comes to investing in this asset class. The Lekki Epe expressway concession would have been the perfect prototype to look at when it comes infrastructure financing but this concession was prematurely terminated by the Lagos State government in its 2 year for what was a 30 year build operate and transfer arrangement. This experiment failed and then NPLs that arose as a result of this concession still remains fresh in the mind of the financiers.

When all is said and done, Money market instruments with declining yields are unattractive, Bond yields following suit, Eurobond yields like to decline, placement with banks at ridiculous rates, hardly any credible infrastructure based instrument in the market, in some cases, we have seen investors looking for FGN Savings bond for retail investor. After all these outlets are explored, you are left with EQUITIES **drum roll**

Yes, I am sure a lot of my clients would be thinking – Dele is trying to shove equity down our throats. Actually not – I just think in a few months, Monies would reluctantly come back into equity. It will some sort of forced correction as a result of the dislodgement in the market structure.

And No, this would not be an easy switch – if anything I expect the PFAs to fight going back to equities. Notably, PFA exposure still remains below 5% - we believe the industry can add conservatively 300bps to about 7% and if we are being overly bullish 10% exposure to Equity as an industry but I seriously doubt. That said, I would take the incremental exposure from 4% today to 7%. This could be the real kicker to the market going into 1Q2019. For any smart investor investing in naira at least – now is the time deploy money into equities strategically in stocks I consider my top picks

What are my top 5 picks today if you are a NGN investor?
• Financials – Zenith and GTBank with 113% and 120% upside to our target price of NGN37 and NGN57.40 respectively with One year forward dividend yield of 17.1% and 13.4%
• I would be buyers of UBA only as a dividend play – today it offers 16.6% one year forward dividend yield
• Seplat – on the back of the eland announcement (I like Eland a lot)
• Nestle Nigeria – quality is quality (end of story)

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 11:52am On Nov 07, 2019
PETERiCHY:
The NEXT BIG THING that will STIMULATE the Nigeria Economy is FUEL SUBSIDY REMOVAL and I foresee it happening VERY SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*BARGAIN HUNTERS TAKE NOTE and start aligning with STOCKS that will BENEFIT MOST ! cool

*ThE OcToPuS*

The federal government, through the Nigeria Customs Service, has directed that petroleum products should not be supplied to fuel stations within 20km of the borders.

Hameed Ali, Customs comptroller general, issued the directive in a memo dated November 6 and seen by TheCable on Thursday.

More to follow…...

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-fg-suspends-products-supply-fuel-stations-20km-borders/amp

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 12:03pm On Nov 07, 2019
PETERiCHY:

The federal government, through the Nigeria Customs Service, has directed that petroleum products should not be supplied to fuel stations within 20km of the borders.

Hameed Ali, Customs comptroller general, issued the directive in a memo dated November 6 and seen by TheCable on Thursday.

More to follow…...

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-fg-suspends-products-supply-fuel-stations-20km-borders/amp

grin grin grin
Let them relocate Nigerians within 50km of the border sef.... grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 12:30pm On Nov 07, 2019
Good Day Ladies and Gentlemen. I received my money from Dangflour yesterday and a big amount as dividend.

I have just heavily loaded GTB, which the capitalist oppressors, in their usual incredible ways have once again brought to the periphery of 25 Naira. Capitalists like Rabbi Oracle, Currentprice, Agbalowomeri, and co. Who could have believed gt would get to 25 naira so soon?! It is a dream come true. GTB has always been my natural habitat. You just have to buy gt whenever it goes below 30 Naira.
Learn to trade with the elites, the capitalists. They control the global economy.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 12:34pm On Nov 07, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 12:45pm On Nov 07, 2019
Ekuu mkt o

Cc uncle Tolu cheesy

grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 12:46pm On Nov 07, 2019
I need TA help on Wapco

@fxuser, @bullbearmkt @currentprice
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 12:50pm On Nov 07, 2019
Toluway:
Good Day Ladies and Gentlemen. I received my money from Dangflour yesterday and a big amount as dividend.

I have just heavily loaded GTB, which the capitalist oppressors, in their usual incredible ways have once again brought to the periphery of 25 Naira. Capitalists like Rabbi Oracle, Currentprice, Agbalowomeri, and co. Who could have believed gt would get to 25 naira so soon?! It is a dream come true. GTB has always been my natural habitat. You just have to buy gt whenever it goes below 30 Naira.
Learn to trade with the elites, the capitalists. They control the global economy.

nobody know it will reach that junction o but it can still fall below the price nobody knows

gtb have good PEG ratio, i expect price to move to N60 within 24 months

grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 12:50pm On Nov 07, 2019
Who else is trading NYSE stocks?
Looking for TA on stocks listed there for jijo.
Thanks in advance.

Cc: BullBearMkt
Cc: DeRuggedProf
Cc: RabidOracle
Cc: fxuser
Cc: CP
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by eziokwunwoko(m): 1:10pm On Nov 07, 2019
Goodmorning House,
Apart from BANKS,which stocks have
1. good dividend yield of 15-20%
2. good prospect of paying higher dividend that 2018FY
3. good liquidity
4.Low price
5.Low PE
I NEED SUGGESTIONS.
PLEASE HELP ; CP, Mr Agba, Fusxer, Rabber, Valueinvestor.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by eziokwunwoko(m): 1:13pm On Nov 07, 2019
Goodmorning Mr Valueinvestor,BullBearMkt,PETERiCHY, RabbiDoracle,locodemy
Apart from BANKS,which stocks have
1. good dividend yield of 15-20%
2. good prospect of paying higher dividend that 2018FY
3. good liquidity
4.Low price
5.Low PE
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 1:18pm On Nov 07, 2019
currentprice:

nobody know it will reach that junction o but it can still fall below the price nobody knows

gtb have good PEG ratio, i expect price to move to N60 within 24 months

grin grin grin grin

24 months for where? I know you have your own agenda as usual, and probably a better tradition. You know the tradition of many stocks. But, i know and understand gt than any other stock. If it gets back to 20 or 21, which is not common, i would happily load more.
Zenith bank os also perfect at 17+, but i prefers gt anyday. Rest assured Zenith would get to 25 or 27 Naira. That is it's usual range. Unless it makes a revolutionary change, nothing is impossible.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 1:21pm On Nov 07, 2019
currentprice:
Ekuu mkt o
Cc uncle Tolu cheesy
grin grin grin grin
You see. I'm just coming back. I think my mental strength failed me !�
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 1:31pm On Nov 07, 2019
Toluway:

24 months for where? I know you have your own agenda as usual, and probably a better tradition. You know the tradition of many stocks. But, i know and understand gt than any other stock. If it gets back to 20 or 21, which is not common, i would happily load more.
Zenith bank os also perfect at 17+, but i prefers gt anyday. Rest assured Zenith would get to 25 or 27 Naira. That is it's usual range. Unless it makes a revolutionary change, nothing is impossible.

no agenda uncle, just my usual way of posting my opinion.

dont be too much in love of any stock .. anything could happen. remember how fidelity send u to compulsory leave grin

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 1:32pm On Nov 07, 2019
Zenith looking like the next pay master.

CC: Currentprice!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 1:34pm On Nov 07, 2019
currentprice:

no agenda uncle, just my usual way of posting my opinion.

dont be too much in love of any stock .. anything could happen. remember how fidelity send u to compulsory leave grin

grin grin grin

Hausa man will say KAI.

That was loud CP. grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 1:35pm On Nov 07, 2019
mendes911:

Zenith looking like the next pay master.

CC: Currentprice!

watching o

some traders don load at 17 few minute ago. days ago some pple think zenith will be out of hand @ 17

Cc pa Emma

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 1:40pm On Nov 07, 2019
currentprice:

watching o

some don load at 17 few minute ago

Cc pa Emma

grin

Those planning to sell at N27 can buy at N17.

Na 10% gain me dey find and N17 might not possible deliver it so soon for me.

Could be wrong but I doubt, Tomorrow will show whether Zenith is ripe for short time or not.

Agba should do and come back.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 1:40pm On Nov 07, 2019
Zee anyway you go some pple are ready we buy more ..we have seen you around 8, 10, 12 14 , 16
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 1:54pm On Nov 07, 2019
hope this big volume help this month. otherwise na waala o

grin grin grin

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 1:59pm On Nov 07, 2019
currentprice:
hope this big volume help this month. otherwise na waala o

grin grin grin

CP this your chart na so so double-double bottoms. grin grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4970) (4971) (4972) (4973) (4974) (4975) (4976) ... (7754) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: abimcdssi and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.