Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,170 members, 7,852,990 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 09:38 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (525) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11040844 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) ... (7806) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Charlesnerd: 4:37pm On Nov 06, 2014
jarkbauer:
This is the week of Golden opportunities..... Take Positions

Oga mi ,the opportunities are abundant but one might need to tarry a while to understand the actual direction of the Nigerian economy ; emphasis on the Nigerian economy.

There is a crisis of confidence at the moment and it seems to be gradually permeating every fabric of the economy. I sent an email to my account officer informing her of my intention to liquidate my tashere foreign currency FD investment but she has been very slow to act,which I find unusual.She even tried to entice me with a rate increase of 0.1% if I rollover on maturity. That is a sign that all is not well.

The outcome of the upcoming OPEC meeting is very crucial ..ie if OPEC still matters.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 4:37pm On Nov 06, 2014
4dchairman:

We are a microsome of the market. Virtually all investors are the same in terms of greed and fear. An annoucement from CBN Governor or Minister of finance can calm frail nerves.

I want to believe it's this same flavor of naivety that has kept you holding unto a more than 35% losing position.

I'll join your bus at NGN 8.00. Please keep a good seat for me.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Excellent7(m): 4:38pm On Nov 06, 2014
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 4:39pm On Nov 06, 2014
Charlesnerd:

The outcome of the upcoming OPEC meeting is very crucial ..ie if OPEC still matters.

Like I've typed somewhere else, the agenda for that meeting should be the DISSOLUTION OF OPEC.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by UkwuAmu: 4:43pm On Nov 06, 2014
4dchairman:

We are a microsome of the market. Virtually all investors are the same in terms of greed and fear. An annoucement from CBN Governor or Minister of finance can calm frail nerves.
4DChair just as we are microsome to the market so is the CBN governor and and the minister of finance. do you think those 2 people are happy with what is going on in the market? The market is respecter of nobody . it has its own mind and there is a reason for the way it behaves. Nothing is working in the Nigeria stock market favour right now and no announcement will do jack . The race just begin. I feel sorry for those who are thinking they have lost money already it can't get worst. Sorry to burst your bubble. People will probably realize why people take their own live when they lose so much. wetting i sabi . After all its not my money and I am not a prophet.
This notion that you shouldn't invest money you can't afford to lose is very wrong and obsolete. Its like saying you shouldn't fly in an aircraft if you are not ready to die in an air crash or drive a car if you are not ready to die in a car accident . Make i hear una contribution. its the bear season

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mpi210: 4:45pm On Nov 06, 2014
Dexterax:

Like I've typed somewhere else, the agenda for that meeting should be the DISSOLUTION OF OPEC.

Those guys are more interested in safe guarding their market share....

Saudi is ready to sell at $50 to protect their market share in the US cos they are in direct competition with the shale producers.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mpi210: 4:49pm On Nov 06, 2014
Charlesnerd:

Oga mi ,the opportunities are abundant but one might need to tarry a while to understand the actual direction of the Nigerian economy ; emphasis on the Nigerian economy.

There is a crisis of confidence at the moment and it seems to be gradually permeating every fabric of the economy. I sent an email to my account officer informing her of my intention to liquidate my tashere foreign currency FD investment but she has been very slow to act,which I find unusual.She even tried to entice me with a rate increase of 0.1% if I rollover on maturity. That is a sign that all is not well.

The way opec is going, i hope there will still be opec after this coming meeting.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mpi210: 4:51pm On Nov 06, 2014
UkwuAmu:

4DChair just as we are microsome to the market so is the CBN governor and and the minister of finance. do you think those 2 people are happy with what is going on in the market? The market is respecter of nobody . it has its own mind and there is a reason for the way it behaves. Nothing is working in the Nigeria stock market favour right now and no announcement will do jack . The race just begin. I feel sorry for those who are thinking they have lost money already it can't get worst. Sorry to burst your bubble. People will probably realize why people take their own live when they lose so much. wetting i sabi . After all its not my money and I am not a prophet.
This notion that you shouldn't invest money you can't afford to lose is very wrong and obsolete. Its like saying you shouldn't fly in an aircraft if you are not ready to die in an air crash or drive a car if you are not ready to die in a car accident . Make i hear una contribution. its the bear season

GBAM

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 4:53pm On Nov 06, 2014
mpi210:

Those guys are more interested in safe guarding their market share....

Saudi is ready to sell at $50 to protect their market share in the US cos they are in direct competition with the shale producers.

Meanwhile peeps have been peddling the notion that once oil prices get to $80 or so, US shale crusaders would halt their production campaigns.

Chesapeake Energy just recently announced that drilling costs in its shale fields are tumbling and even increased their earlier profit estimates for FY 2014!

ConocoPhillips sabi how far finally. Consider that the famous ministerial consent saga which ended the "money on the table" suspense ended in June - just while oil was trading at $115 per barrel...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigass(f): 4:54pm On Nov 06, 2014
UkwuAmu:

Gbosa!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Charlesnerd: 4:57pm On Nov 06, 2014
Dexterax:

OPEC has truly lost its grip on the energy markets and the member nations seems to be gradually coming to terms with that grim reality, hence the scramble for self-preservation.

While they are at that (ie dissolving OPEC) , I would also like to see in my lifetime foreign trades transacted in another currency other than the dollar.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 5:02pm On Nov 06, 2014
Charlesnerd:

While they are at that (ie dissolving OPEC) , I would also like to see in my lifetime foreign trades transacted in another currency other than the dollar.

I don't know how old you are sir but this is going to be very difficult to achieve.

Consider that there are more dollars in circulation outside the United States. Even terrorists transact their business in US dollars.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by davide470(m): 5:05pm On Nov 06, 2014
Na wa o. embarassed

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 5:07pm On Nov 06, 2014
Dexterax:

I don't know how old you are sir but this is going to be very difficult to achieve.

Consider that there are more dollars in circulation outside the United States. Even terrorists transact their business in US dollars.

Read Currency Wars by James Rickards (not Richards).

The United States have been involved in financial war game simulations for a long time. They use advanced game theory and other related knowledge to simulate what state and non-state actors could do to crash the US dollar and T-bills.

These guys are in the business of continuous improvement.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 5:13pm On Nov 06, 2014
I think those who have exited positions are talking too much. I see this as expression of fear that they might be wrong. We are talking as if we would get to see stocks with ROE of 25% and P/E of 3. I am taking a bet on this!

Anyway, I pray this bear continue long enough for me to arrange additional cash to plunge in.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by FranklinRich: 5:20pm On Nov 06, 2014
UkwuAmu:

Well said sir. As Oga Dexterex will say the oil markets will never remain the same again. We are in a buyers market for crude oil which does not favour Nigeria as a producer but we have to understand that some other economies like India and China will benefit from this glut. The U.S. is pumping oil out faster than they have ever done. Saudi Arabia is fighting to retain market share and I dnt see them cutting oil production. Everybody wants to continue to produce more oil and also want to keep prices up, how this is impossible I don't know as demand and supply mechanics will definitely come into play here. The only world economy that would have been able to keep oil prices stable with its oil demand is the US, as they are the only ones that are a bit upbeat(even though they are just recovering too) however their demand has reduced drastically cos of its own production of shale oil. The euroZone, China,India as well as other emerging market economies are all experiencing stunted growth. So there is no big economy out there to really soak up this excess oil in the market. relating all this to the Nigerian economy makes me a bit weary. I can only wish NOI and the CBN the best but things dnt look good in the near term. Unfortunately, there can't really do much to salvage the situation as panic has started. I can't really tell what the outcome of all this will be but one thing I know is that I will rather watch with my money from the sidelines. Wetin I know sef make I dey dance to Bobby Shmurda dey go...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 06, 2014
Agbalowomeri:
I think those who have exited positions are talking too much. I see this as expression of fear that they might be wrong. We are talking as if we would get to see stocks with ROE of 25% and P/E of 3. I am taking a bet on this!

Anyway, I pray this bear continue long enough for me to arrange additional cash to plunge in.

Absolutely right my good friend and brother! Will try and plunge some funds into the market tomorrow, God's willing!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Charlesnerd: 5:22pm On Nov 06, 2014
Dexterax:

Its difficult but with the right motivation ,it can be achieved.And there is no greater motivation than the events of 2008 and current happenings around the world.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 5:27pm On Nov 06, 2014
Agbalowomeri:

Ogbeni calm down...

Dexter likes Africa Prudential Registrars.

grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 5:31pm On Nov 06, 2014
myjoy08:

Absolutely right my good friend and brother! Will try and plug some funds into the market tomorrow, God's willing!
I laugh in SWAHILI grin grin grin, though i lost lots of cash but i'm just @ peace after selling my UBA stock. I'll do JIJO in the days to come based on direction of the market

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 5:32pm On Nov 06, 2014
myjoy08:

Absolutely right my good friend and brother! Will try and plug some funds into the market tomorrow, God's willing!

What are you buying?

grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Charlesnerd: 5:33pm On Nov 06, 2014
Titbits from one of my brokers:

- NSE ASI closed today’s trading at 34,494.93 points, declining by 4.07% - the highest single loss in 5years.
-While we expect the bearish mood to be sustained in the last trading day of week, we see a moderation in losses.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 5:33pm On Nov 06, 2014
FranklinRich:

Well said sir. As Oga Dexterex will say the oil markets will never remain the same again. We are in a buyers market for crude oil which does not favour Nigeria as a producer but we have to understand that some other economies like India and China will benefit from this glut. The U.S. is pumping oil out faster than they have ever done. Saudi Arabia is fighting to retain market share and I dnt see them cutting oil production. Everybody wants to continue to produce more oil and also want to keep prices up, how this is impossible I don't know as demand and supply mechanics will definitely come into play here. The only world economy that would have been able to keep oil prices stable with its oil demand is the US, as they are the only ones that are a bit upbeat(even though they are just recovering too) however their demand has reduced drastically cos of its own production of shale oil. The euroZone, China,India as well as other emerging market economies are all experiencing stunted growth. So there is no big economy out there to really soak up this excess oil in the market. relating all this to the Nigerian economy makes me a bit weary. I can only wish NOI and the CBN the best but things dnt look good in the near term. Unfortunately, there can't really do much to salvage the situation as panic has started. I can't really tell what the outcome of all this will be but one thing I know is that I will rather watch with my money from the sidelines. Wetin I know sef make I dey dance to Bobby Shmurda dey go...

What I have learnt long ago is that some people or institutions intentionally create so much panic from macroeconomic issues for their personal gains, which a lot of times do not last and before you know it, business continues as usual. I have aligned my strategy never to 'herd' in such circumstances. Has anyone seen a market that lost 30% in 2 months? We think this free fall will continue for another 2 weeks? From my little experience but bulls and bears do not follow such straight lines

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigass(f): 5:33pm On Nov 06, 2014
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigass(f): 5:35pm On Nov 06, 2014
Agbalowomeri:

What I have learnt long ago is that some people or institutions intentionally create so much panic from macroeconomic issues for their personal gains, which a lot of times do not last and before you know it, business continues as usual. I have aligned my strategy never to 'herd' in such circumstances. Has anyone seen a market that lost 30% in 2 months? We think this free fall will continue for another 2 weeks? From my little experience but bulls and bears do not follow such straight lines

I expect a turn around next week
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 5:38pm On Nov 06, 2014
Dexterax:

Ogbeni calm down...

Dexter likes Africa Prudential Registrars.

grin

I'm waiting at your junction to mop up at a faster rate

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 5:40pm On Nov 06, 2014
bigass:

I expect a turn around next week

When this bad girl predicts .................. hmmmm
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 5:41pm On Nov 06, 2014
Agbalowomeri:

I'm waiting at your junction to mop up at a faster rate

I'll start mopping up at a faster rate before it gets there sef.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigass(f): 6:04pm On Nov 06, 2014
What is really causing this downturn sef. Some said 2015 Some said Oil prices others Naira fall. Wetin dey cause am
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 6:09pm On Nov 06, 2014
bigass:
What is really causing this downturn sef. Some said 2015 Some said Oil prices others Naira fall. Wetin dey cause am

Come let's discuss it over a glass of Château Petrus and pasta with beef sauce...

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mpi210: 6:12pm On Nov 06, 2014
bigass:

All of the above.

The big bois in this market are the FPIs and the institutional investors. Once they start a stampede, its always like this.

Oil price plays a big role especially in a country like ours.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sophy17(m): 6:32pm On Nov 06, 2014
jarkbauer:

Guy you be number one fuckup. I exited my positions since the onset of this crash but you were telling many people to hold on...mysad08 you should be ashamed of yourself. You are causing sadness to many people. and they are cursing you already

'If u fail to succeed in life. Do not blame your parent, uncle, friend or anyone. The responsibility is yours'

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) ... (7806) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: tayejay(m), stronglink, Princkez, robobo and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.