Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5427) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10966564 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5424) (5425) (5426) (5427) (5428) (5429) (5430) ... (7780) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Krisuba: 10:57am On Mar 16, 2020
MoneyMakingOppo:

Looking through the comments I can see more and more people admitting they don't even have real accounts or they didn't even follow their own trading advice. I think we need to start another thread for serious minded people this thread is overrun with demo account clowns just posting jokes and emojis when the rest of us are actually trying to make money

No come spoil show for us oo. We are OK with d freebies oga here d give us. U are planing to quarantine them to urself. We no go greoo we no go free!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marlianvestor: 10:57am On Mar 16, 2020
Marlianvestor:

If you have to buy or advise your folks to buy, why buy on a Friday when the mkt is still very fluid. Anything can happen during the weekend... Just dey wonder o! Waiting till next week (late monday) wouldn't be a bad idea risk-consciously, just to have a clearer view of mkt direction! Hey, just my 2k opinion o!

...and a lot of mkt-shaking events did happen during the wkd! What an eventful and looong wkd mkt wise? It was just plainly suboptimal buying last Friday, no matter how some Ogas will say they have all the ground covered as usual....

My Monday 2k advice - Just follow your instincts! Don't be herdish re. FOMO esp in this dire mkt situation and follow the "leader" grin or crowd. Independent thinking, the koko in this uncertain period as said earlier....

Safe investing week for all!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MoneyMakingOppo: 10:59am On Mar 16, 2020
IYGEAL:

Bros calm down.

All works and no play, etc etc wink

Virtually everyone here is in the market.

Bros I'm calm but I disagree many people on this forum are just talkers not traders or maybe they are billionaires already and trading is their hobby, reminds me of a Reddit forum I used to visit to trade forex before it was overrun with people trading demo accounts
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:00am On Mar 16, 2020
MoneyMakingOppo:
What impact will this have on the share price? I have some money stuck in stock
Think people would have panic sell it to avoid story that touch but it's already at the car pack, so no impact for now.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 11:01am On Mar 16, 2020
Coolcash1:
See as people queue for GTB at N18... grin

Set awon N18 geng... cool

No needs to queue. It is coming down to meet papa below that price...just a matter of time
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:01am On Mar 16, 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marlianvestor: 11:04am On Mar 16, 2020
samguru:
This is not the best time to buy stock as the worst is yet to happen(your house is burning and you are saying thank God it's not more than this,can your fathom the magnitude of havoc when the fire is eventually put out?).
The results companies have been churning out were achieved in the era of above $57 per barrel.

Some of you analysing stocks and giving stock picks obviously don't understand the dynamics of Nigerian economy and how petrodollars keep our stock market bullish.
We shall begin to see the impact of this low crude oil prices in the second quarters results as I forsee some of the listed companies will make massive loss if crude oil price remain below $45 per barrel.

The global oil power houses are taking advantage of poor oil demand to settle scores (no thanks to Corona virus) and Nigeria is hooked right now because we are inconsequential on the negotiation table.

If the price tanked further to $25, Saudi Arabia,Iran and Iraq are still making massive profits as their production cost is still below $7 per barrel as matter of fact Saudi Arabia production cost is $4 and is ready to pump higher volume into the market and coast home with massive gains.
Russia,US shale,Non US shale produce at $18,$22 and $20 which imply all the mentioned countries are still relatively comfortable with the current prices.
Come to Nigeria, our production cost is $28 on paper but the real production cost far exceeds $35 due to corruption, inefficiency and wastages in the system and this is the reason our government is under serious pressure to review the crude oil benchmark and will subsequently adjust our budget size.

The likes of FBN,Union bank,Oando,Transcorp etc have not fully recovered from the 2008/2009 financial crises and now another financial crises is starring us in the face.

My investment advice,
1.Avoid stocks from financial sectors(insurance and banks),the bigger the bank/insurance company the greater the exposure
2. Embrace Agricultural stocks as our government at this time will be left with no option than to pump more money into Agriculture since there is no future in oil business again.
3.Health/Drug Manufacturers stock, Government will support this sector to cut down on dollar spendings on medical tourism and foreign drugs.
4. Construction Giants will be affected too,as government will reduce spendings on infrastructural development.

I will continue later....

Good insight esp re. Oil output war, but your advice, Chai? It is case of right diagnosis, wrong prescription! Nice one, anyway!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:05am On Mar 16, 2020
Breadfruit:
No one is talking about UNIONDAC again. Please all the value they were talking about, where is it? Abi one has been hooked down for years to come? sad sad
You better jump out once conductor finds spare key and open the door.
There are better bargains around this time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marlianvestor: 11:09am On Mar 16, 2020
onegentleguy:

The effect of the current dislocation with worries from covid-19 and drop in oil peg has already been priced in.
That's why they are reporting it to u now so u can bring out ur 'goods' for sell. wink cheesy grin
They've already dislodged risk from possible reward but want to see if u can part with their target asset.(believe me, they always do have a target)
After they achieve their aim, they will come to tell u that things are'nt as bad as envisaged. ...or then construct some other good news. grin grin grin

Again, people shouldn't expect a devaluation to come in earnest. A devaluation is likely to occur this yr, but maybe in Q3/Q4. A lot can also change btw now and then. ...so those speculating on an immediate gain in holding Fx should apply caution. As I stated here before, it'd be better to hold dollarized FI instruments and even much better with equity assets with yields that beat any possible impact of devaluation, for those seeking to hedge against currency(naira) risk.
Somehow this COVID-19 thing is given the country(and by extension, the CBN) a cushion against any urgency to devalue. ...though of negative consequence(oil revenue in view), it also has that part to it that's a sought of fender to delay the 'evil day'
If I can erk out the time, I might do an article on this later.

Regards

Another perspective! Nice one....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IYGEAL(m): 11:09am On Mar 16, 2020
MoneyMakingOppo:

Bros I'm calm but I disagree many people on this forum are just talkers not traders or maybe they are billionaires already and trading is their hobby, reminds me of a Reddit forum I used to visit to trade forex before it was overrun with people trading demo accounts

grin grin grin

Reddit is almost always infested with unserious folks smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:11am On Mar 16, 2020
UBA is back to 5.10.
I said it that it wouldn't stay long below N5 .....barring any unforeseen circumstance or bad news.
There are still some bargains here in my opinion cos it should be around it's 52wks low, though couldn't confirm this now cos NSE website is down.
CC: Veecovee
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IYGEAL(m): 11:13am On Mar 16, 2020
Zenith Dividend reinvestors are trying
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marlianvestor: 11:13am On Mar 16, 2020
RabbiDoracle:
Those sitting on heavy losses should stay where they are. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

What you saw in the market is how it goes. Never enter a market believing that once you enter, it will always go up. It can go down faster than you imagined.

Most are sitting on over 50% loss and can't open their portfolios. Don't sell in the panic that will occur again. I believe that will be the last.

Our market was low even before the decapitation started worldwide. Coronavirus made it worst and oil crisis exacerbated it. I believe we are close to the bottom. I too like bottom grin grin

Once the bus goes to pick up Marlian and co, all road leads to North Pole.

On the coronavirus crisis, this is a black swan event that shakes the market. This isn't a financial crisis. This is a health crisis. With the way US and EU are aggressive in their approach to contain the spread, I believe end of March we will be seeing positive news on the global front.

As for the economic impact of the virus, most developed countries have started rolling out stimulus to reduce the effect on the citizens and the market. Na that stimulus go soon enter market and we go dey alright las las. grin grin

So fear not, for I am with you grin cc.... Veecovee tongue tongue

O ga ju! grin Opo po po week! Opo is plenty! grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IYGEAL(m): 11:20am On Mar 16, 2020
Mcy56:
UBA is back to 5.10.
I said it that it wouldn't stay long below N5 .....barring any unforeseen circumstance or bad news.
There are still some bargains here in my opinion cos it should be around it's 52wks low, though couldn't confirm this now cos NSE website is down.
CC: Veecovee

If it closes below 5.35 today, tomorrow, it would largely trade below N5.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Enyinne(f): 11:24am On Mar 16, 2020
My Oga’s , pls kindly direct us newbie price to target for zenith bank stock today . My acct with Morgan is up and running . Biko Kindly advise .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marlianvestor: 11:26am On Mar 16, 2020
scarphase:
*Breaking News*

Zenith Bank finally wins bid to take over Union Bank. Signs due diligence report today at the CBN HQ, Garki, Abuja.

More info unfolding soon.

Zenith Bank getting bigger

A wacky move by Zenith, if executed.... No synergistic, commercial benefit one bit in the said acquisitive move! Question is why Union Bank? Jim Ovia's personal business empire building move? On current valuation form, Union Bank shareholders will be smiling and not Zenith's....

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ebuka1997: 11:27am On Mar 16, 2020
Mcy56:

There are bids but majority of the bids are around N11.15 and below and the seller is still selling down. Just keep monitoring the price movement and wait, or be buying in tranches, small small.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ebuka1997: 11:28am On Mar 16, 2020
Mcy56:

There are bids but majority of the bids are around N11.15 and below and the seller is still selling down. Just keep monitoring the price movement and wait, or be buying in tranches, small small.

okay thanks, my order got filled at 12 already. i'll join and get more.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marlianvestor: 11:28am On Mar 16, 2020
DeRuggedProf:

Don't take any bet ON MY BIRTHDAY, t[b]oday, the market may choose to celebrate me[/b] .... grin grin grin

HBD, Big Prof! We are counting on it....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Infinitisi(m): 11:32am On Mar 16, 2020
All these people bidding UBA back up should take it easy na shooo. So they want my dump trucks to come back empty?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marlianvestor: 11:33am On Mar 16, 2020
lancee:
“TIME “ will tell

Stock futures plummet — hit ‘limit down’ — even as Fed slashes rates; Dow futures off 1,000 points
PUBLISHED SUN, MAR 15 20206:01 PM EDTUPDATED MOMENTS AGO

Stock futures plunged Sunday night even after the Federal Reserve embarked on a massive monetary stimulus campaign to curb slower economic growth amid the coronavirus outbreak. While the central bank’s actions may help ease the functioning of markets, many investors said they would ultimately want to see coronavirus cases peaking and falling in the U.S. before it was safe to take on risk and buy equities again.

Stock market futures

That was a scary and massive move by Fed, reasons for the scary reaction of the mkts. Besides, it is not quite a liquidity issue, folks have been harping about (cos the mkt was awash with stupendous liquidity pre Convid-19) but more of an insolvency issue....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marlianvestor: 11:35am On Mar 16, 2020
Princkez:
my birthday mate...I'm also celebrating today,happy birthday to you... more green to your portfolio

HBD to you too! Enjoy your day, you BD folks!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marlianvestor: 11:38am On Mar 16, 2020
Mcy56:
My bosses and the Octopus are in the market, they didn't dig for bad news over the weekend. Even if they see one, they'll look away from it. lipsrsealed
Una well done o. E Ku market. grin

Gbam! Naturally so.... Law of attraction @ work! grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 11:45am On Mar 16, 2020
Marlianvestor:

A wacky move by Zenith, if executed.... No synergistic, commercial benefit one bit in the said acquisitive move! Question is why Union Bank? Jim Ovia's personal business empire building move? On current valuation form, Union Bank shareholders will be smiling and not Zenith's....

oil dey ur head

if true cld only be for Ego sake, so his story wld look like something out of fairy tale of buying a company where he started his career at teh lowest rung of the ladder

or at best as a means to personally sequestered the property arm (a large cache) of UBN for himself

Both of which is a negative to the other/ minority shareholders

N.B. im heavy here and this if confirmed cld be a major red flag for me
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:50am On Mar 16, 2020
IYGEAL:
If it closes below 5.35 today, tomorrow, it would largely trade below N5.
Let's wait and see....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 11:51am On Mar 16, 2020
Marlianvestor:

That was a scary and massive move by Fed, reasons for the scary reaction of the mkts. Besides, it is not quite a liquidity issue, folks have been harping about (cos the mkt was awash with stupendous liquidity pre Convid-19) but more of an insolvency issue....

i dont think its a insolvency issue either

is the world going to end if the markets froze for 30 days

i dont think so. yes some permanent damage wld be done but on comparative basis to the whole, the damage wld be quite negligible

me think it is the uncertainty (not knowing when this cld possible end or be contained) this is really spooking the market. once this (end/ containment) cld be ascertained calm and then growth wld resume
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:58am On Mar 16, 2020
Enyinne:
My Oga’s , pls kindly direct us newbie price to target for zenith bank stock today . My acct with Morgan is up and running . Biko Kindly advise .
Be buying in tranches, its refusing to go beyond N12 so far, it traded down to 11.65 earlier. That's my opinion.
We can only hope the seller/dumper is done for today.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by meshpips(m): 12:02pm On Mar 16, 2020
meshpips:

. . .

Here are my thoughts about the stocks you requested.

1. FBNH: yet to touch support at 3.35

I don't think we can see anything interesting on it until after it has touched or breached that level.

2. UBA : demand channel is in place on this pair but I won't feel comfortable taking any buy side trade until after it has touched 3.14 or slightly lower. It is important to state here that the quarterly swing high at 10.56 which was breached to the upside suggests a bullish impulsive move. The current sell can terminate at the uptrend line but preferably the support at 3.14

3. ETI: There is almost no sight of volume activity going on for this stock on the yearly chart BUT a look at the quarterly chart reveals that price is almost at the lower extreme of the supply channel. This might make some buyers begin to get interested.

The charts are posted below.
Kindly note that I didn't have to stress myself carrying out volume computations for any of the 3 stocks because their Price - Time analysis haven't revealed anything interesting.

Cheers!

Just by way of a reminder.

I spoke concerning FBNH and UBA many months ago and gave price levels at which buy trades can be considered.

I might look stupid but please take very seriously the things I post.

Enjoy the new week everyone.

NOTE: I made those recommendations as at August 18, 2019

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by meshpips(m): 12:09pm On Mar 16, 2020
Happy birthday @deruggedprof

May the good Lord cause you to make even greater progress with giant strides in this new age.

Have a fun filled birthday!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marlianvestor: 12:10pm On Mar 16, 2020
robobo:

i dont think its a insolvency issue either

is the world going to end if the markets froze for 30 days

i dont think so. yes some permanent damage wld be done but on comparative basis to the whole, the damage wld be quite negligible

me think it is the uncertainty (not knowing when this cld possible end or be contained) this is really spooking the market. once this (end/ containment) cld be ascertained calm and then growth wld resume

Whether is liquidity or insolvency issue, the uncertainty is underpinning factor of either, anyway! Insolvency issue - I was referring to - is more to do with the companies/businesses adversely affected cash-wise by this one-off exceptional non-business issue.... My point, exactly! And once the mkts are able to assess this uncertainty, mkts would naturally rebound....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 12:15pm On Mar 16, 2020
meshpips:
Happy birthday @deruggedprof

May the good Lord cause you to make even greater progress with giant strides in this new age.

Have a fun filled birthday!

God bless you, all the best.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bezzle: 12:15pm On Mar 16, 2020
onegentleguy:
ZENITH bank AGM and dividend payment loading...
wink cheesy grin

Good day, pls sir OGG what is the requirement for attending AGMs aside owning the company's shares? I am in Abuja but was afraid to attend the zenith Bank agm today cos I didn't want to be embarrassed. Any special requirements? Someone else asked some days back but no one replied

(1) (2) (3) ... (5424) (5425) (5426) (5427) (5428) (5429) (5430) ... (7780) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Mfunkynation(m), lasisi(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.